Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TAB VENUE MODE PLATETime: 3:35 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'11 Fayerra F: 4444B(1) W(55)( J- Jason Collett )PlacedDividend : $1.40Yet to run better or worse than fourth, but it has been facing tough Saturday-class fields. Easier here and it gets the inside draw.Main Danger6 Reignite F: 4B(8) W(57)Ran well enough when fourth on debut to be considered here. Just needs some early luck from the draw to be competitive.Next Best13 Rock My Wand F: 733B(3) W(55)( J- Rachel King )( T- Matthew Smith )PlacedDividend : $1.50Improving efforts of late, including back-to-back third placings. Ran third behind a subsequent Rosehill winner, so it must be considered.Include in Multis12 Lady Of Luxury F: 27B(5) W(55)( T- Bjorn Baker )Didn't fire in a tough race at Canberra last start. It's not much easier here but it deserves respect. Runs at each-way odds.Longer Odds7 Sidearm F: 7X44B(8) W(57)( T- John O'Shea )Could run a good race with luck from the draw.
RemarksOpen field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.60Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 13 $ 1.50Place3 11 $ 1.40Quinella 2:13 $ 8.80Trifecta 2:13:11 $ 41.30First4 2:13:11:4 $ 245.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - VINERY STALLIONS HANDICAPTime: 4:10 | Distance: 1550m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Toffee Tongue F: 64X62B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Has now had two starts in Sydney and it went close against similar opposition last start. Has been best-backed and should run accordingly.Main Danger2 Dancing Gidget F: X2825B(6) W(58.5)( J- Hugh Bowman )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.50Has a decent turn-of-foot on its day. Yet to use it to win, but its win will come soon and Hugh Bowman takes the ride. Chance.Next Best3 Tornac F: 6X3B(8) W(58.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Over the odds after running well for third last start. Should only improve from this stable and it should be included.Include in Multis5 La Tigresa F: 25263B(3) W(56.5)( T- R & M Freedman )Another which won't take long to breakthrough. Owns form behind some smart types and that form could shine through.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Rathvilly Miss F: 6X353B(7) W(54.5)( J- Kathy O'Hara )( T- Gregory Hickman )PlacedDividend : $2.70Worth including on current form and at the odds.
RemarksPlenty of exposed form in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.70Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 1.30Place3 9 $ 2.70Quinella 2:6 $ 5.20Trifecta 2:6:9 $ 78.30First4 2:6:9:3 $ 403.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - HYLAND RACE COLOURS PLATETime: 4:45 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Isabella Of Aragon F: 54B(1) W(55)( T- Steve Englebrecht )WonDividends : $6.20 $1.80Backed and beaten in two starts to date but they have been solid efforts. Gets every chance off the inside draw and we're confident of a good run.Main Danger5 Duenna F: 2542XB(4) W(55)( T- James Cummings )Finished second three times last campaign. Comes into this race with dual trial wins, and that's tough to overlook. Goes close.Next Best1 Blueant F:B(9) W(57)( J- Jason Collett )( T- Clare Cunningham )PlacedDividend : $1.70On debut after three consecutive trial wins. Has shown good barrier speed in all, and that bodes well for this race.Include in Multis4 North Trek F: 44X33B(6) W(57)( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Comes over from Melbourne with placings behind some nice types. That form should hold up in Sydney and punters are getting fair odds.Longer Odds6 Enigma F:B(10) W(55)( J- Rachel King )( T- Gregory Hickman )Did enough in a recent trial to consider.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.20Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 8 $ 5.50Place3 1 $ 1.70Quinella 7:8 $ 85.20Trifecta 7:8:1 $ 537.90First4 7:8:1:5 $ 2284.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LONHRO @ DARLEY HANDICAPTime: 5:20 | Distance: 1550m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 All Time Legend F: 81B(2) W(56.5)( T- Les Bridge )This stable usually keeps them winning. Impressive three-length win last start and it gets all favours off the inside draw.Main Danger6 Zebrowski F: 26X1B(3) W(56.5)( J- Hugh Bowman )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.20It defeated a handy field with professionalism last start. Could progress through to Saturday class if it wins again. Big danger.Next Best7 Austria F: 22256B(10) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Former Kiwi that scored four consecutive second placings earlier this season. Gets in well on the weights and it could pay off loyal punters.Include in Multis2 Baracus F: X1911B(6) W(59.5)( J- Christian Reith )A winner of three from four starts this season. That form is tough to overlook and despite the weight, it has win claims again.Longer Odds1 He Runs Away F: 8239XB(1) W(60)Former Hong Kong runner which could add some spice at odds.
RemarksSome well-backed runners in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.30Place1 6 $ 1.20Place2 7 $ 1.70Place3 9 $ 2.80Quinella 6:7 $ 8.50Trifecta 6:7:9 $ 83.40First4 6:7:9:5 $ 224.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - VALE TREVOR STUCKEY HANDICAPTime: 5:55 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Covert Ops F: 39X11B(8) W(58.5)( J- Keagan Latham )It has hit the ground running this preparation with back-to-back wins. Jumps from an awkward barrier but it has the class to overcome it.Main Danger10 Indy Car F: 148XB(7) W(55.5)WonDividends : $6.50 $2.30Looked the real deal after winning on debut. Didn't fire in two runs since but it has had a long break and the light weight helpsNext Best1 Super Ex F: 6X4X5B(9) W(61.5)( J- Robbie Dolan )( T- Mark Newnham )PlacedDividend : $1.40Owns plenty of speed and it has been heavily backed to win at each-way odds. Drawn wide, so needs luck to win, but it should be included.Include in Multis5 Revenire F: 37024B(1) W(59)( T- Garry Neale )Taking its time to get back into a winning groove. Gets the inside draw and McDonald in the saddle. Chance on that.Longer Odds4 Rafha's Choice F: 8X049B(6) W(59.5)( J- Jeff Penza )( T- Graeme Murray )It's always a chance in these conditions.
RemarksNot much between many of these
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 6.50Place1 10 $ 2.30Place2 7 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 7:10 $ 26.70Trifecta 10:7:1 $ 187.10First4 10:7:1:8 $ 2656.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Super Ex(6) Covert Ops (10) Indy CarR6 (7) Grand Piano(8) Healing Hands (9) PinvincibleR7 (1) Costello(5) Nimalee (8) Betty BloomsR8 (1) Saas Fee(2) Super Oasis (3) My Demetra (4) UnguardedQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HEINEKEN 3 HANDICAPTime: 6:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Pinvincible F: 11X1B(5) W(58)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )PlacedDividend : $1.70Unbeaten after three runs. Looked good winning fresh up last start and punters are getting generous odds. Goes on top.Main Danger7 Grand Piano F: 132X1B(4) W(58)( T- John Thompson )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.40Owns a stack of talent, as shown when beating a decent field last start. Doesn't often win them consecutively, but it needs to be respected.Next Best8 Healing Hands F: 9X111B(9) W(58)( J- Greg Ryan )( T- Gayna Williams )PlacedDividend : $2.40Faces a solid rise in class after winning three straight, but it has been winning well. Gets off the pace and comes with a late run.Include in Multis3 Agassi F: 0X230B(3) W(59.5)( J- J Van Overmeire )Has won and placed on this track. Has faced much stronger fields than this in the past, so a return to form could come at odds.Longer Odds1 Thy Kingdom Come F: 5627XB(10) W(62)( J- Chris Williams )( T- John Thompson )It has shown form fresh up. Chance on that.
RemarksOne of the races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.40Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 8 $ 2.40Quinella 7:9 $ 5.40Trifecta 7:9:8 $ 54.50First4 7:9:8:3 $ 275.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SKY RACING ACTIVE HANDICAPTime: 7:05 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Nimalee F: 14121B(3) W(55.5)( T- Matthew Smith )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.50Deserves attention in the market after winning three of its first five races. Draws well in barrier three, and gets in nicely on the weights.Main Danger8 Betty Blooms F: X2523B(4) W(53)( J- Christian Reith )( T- Ron Quinton )Yet to win this preparation but it has been going close. Has the talent at 53kg to warrant attention, and punters are getting good odds.Next Best1 Costello F: 9X222B(10) W(61.5)( T- David Payne )PlacedDividend : $1.60Not helped by the draw but it brings consistent and quality form into this race. It only requires a good ride from Nash to be competitive.Include in Multis3 Seeingisbelieving F: 23562B(9) W(57.5)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- Kim Waugh )Yet to race at this track, but its record of three wins and eight placings from 17 starts shouldn't be overlooked. Chance with the right run.Longer Odds2 Re Edit F: 304X7B(8) W(60.5)Good enough to give them a fright.
RemarksAnother great betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.90Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 1.50Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 5:7 $ 7.30Trifecta 5:7:1 $ 46.90First4 5:7:1:12 $ 337.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TAB HANDICAPTime: 7:40 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Super Oasis F: 52X14B(4) W(60)Looked good winning fresh up before getting a touch tired last start. Looks set to rebound and punters are getting nice odds.Main Danger1 Saas Fee F: X1230B(2) W(60.5)( J- J Van Overmeire )Ran last behind Probabeel last time out. Drops significantly down in grade for this race and it's drawn to get all favours. Chance.Next Best4 Unguarded F: X4284B(9) W(59.5)( J- Tom Marquand )( T- R & M Freedman )PlacedDividend : $1.90Yet to win this time in but it's only a matter of time. Specked in the betting and that's a good sign.Include in Multis3 My Demetra F: 1123XB(7) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Kicked off its last campaign with back-to-back wins. Prepared with two barrier trials and it could be ready to strike.Longer Odds9 I Am Kalani F: 08X54B(11) W(58)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- Nick Olive )Fitness levels should be up after two runs. Chance.
RemarksGood odds offered throughout the field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 3.40Place1 15 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 1.90Quinella 3:15 $ 16.20Trifecta 15:3:4 $ 118.20First4 15:3:4:14 $ 1145.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%