Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TAB HIGHWAY HANDICAPTime: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Bellarina Magic F: 52711B(13) W(53)( T- Brett Cavanough )Back-to-back wins coming into this and only the wide draw is of concern. 53kg on the back helps, however, so it goes on top.Main Danger6 Galaxy Force F: 31X16B(7) W(57)( J- Blaike McDougall )( T- Donna Scott )PlacedDividend : $2.80Only fair last start but its form prior to that was good. Included two wins and it has been steady in the betting throughout the week. Nice chance.Next Best14 Outta Reach F: X4122B(3) W(53)( J- Kathy O'Hara )( T- Kurt Goldman )At better odds than expected after running second at its last two starts. Good winner prior to that and it's another light weight chance.Include in Multis8 Lady Demi F: 43122B(12) W(56)( J- Brock Ryan )( T- Terry Robinson )Last four starts have been its career best. Includes one win and three minor placings. Tough to overlook that form.Longer Odds5 Eleazar F: 9X034B(17) W(57)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )( T- Jeremy Gask )Better than advertised and worth including at odds.
RemarksLooks another competitive Highway Handicap
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 8.80Place1 10 $ 2.90Place2 12 $ 6.60Place3 6 $ 2.80Quinella 10:12 $ 126.70Trifecta 10:12:6 $ 1820.60First4 10:12:6:7 $ 7715.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 8, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CITY TATTERSALLS CLUB HANDICAPTime: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Travancore F: 31331B(8) W(58.5)( J- Jason Collett )( T- Clare Cunningham )PlacedDividend : $2.40Scratched from an easier field during the week and that's typically a good sign. In winning form and that's key for this race.Main Danger7 Adana F: 072X7B(1) W(53.5)Getting plenty of chances to win but hasn't been taking them. Has ability at best and dropping to the light weight should see it go close.Next Best3 Cyber Intervention F: 1X220B(5) W(57)( T- Joseph Pride )Needs to turn around a poor showing last start but the form prior was good. Gets a nice run from the draw and it shouldn't be far off them.Include in Multis5 Missybeel F: 62725B(6) W(54.5)Carrying 54.5kg will help its cause and Tim Clark might go forward and try to control the race. Worth including.Longer Odds8 The Promise F: 48X95B(4) W(52)Better effort last start and it's carrying a very light weight. Chance at odds.
RemarksEven betting market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.80Place1 1 $ 3.30Place2 2 $ 2.40Quinella 1:2 $ 11.70Trifecta 1:2:8 $ 201.10First4 1:2:8:5 $ 693.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - THE LUXURY NETWORK UP AND COMING STAKESTime: 3:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 True Detective F: 1X22B(3) W(55.5)WonDividends : $2.20 $1.20Could have easily been undefeated after three starts. Good win on debut and has run a nose behind two nice types since. Testing material.Main Danger2 Lucicello F: X3113B(5) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Stablemate to the favourite which is being well backed. Two quality wins before making up heaps of ground last start. Should go close.Next Best1 Athiri F: 334X5B(4) W(58)Classy at best and hasn't escaped the good fields since winning on debut. Running over the odds in this and it represents value.Include in Multis5 Superium F: 11X4B(6) W(54.5)( T- Joseph Pride )PlacedDividend : $2.10Owns two country wins prior to running on well for fourth last start. Interesting runner which is shorter than expected in the betting. Adds some intrigue.Longer Odds4 Mandela F: 251B(7) W(54.5)( T- P & P Snowden )Showed its true ability last start and the penny might have dropped now. Chance.
RemarksQuality field for a quality stakes race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.20Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 5 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 1.70Quinella 3:5 $ 8.60Trifecta 3:5:2 $ 42.30First4 3:5:2:8 $ 451.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GOLD COAST TURF CLUB TROPHYTime: 3:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Our Candidate F: 35121B(1) W(58.5)( T- Kris Lees )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.40Easy winner last start and it could kick on with it now. Gets an easy run from the inside draw and it has been heavily backed to score. Top pick.Main Danger2 Scholarly F: 18X93B(5) W(60.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Had its supporters last start when third. Big weight on its back but it knows how to win and the improved track conditions help.Next Best1 Attention Run F: 45X14B(3) W(60.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )( T- Kris Lees )PlacedDividend : $2.40Couldn't quite live up to expectations last start after showing plenty when winning two back. Gets some weight off its back and is paying nice odds.Include in Multis10 Waka F: 53114B(6) W(54.5)Got way too far back during the run last start. Made up nice ground and its turn-of-foot could be on display here. Stick with it.Longer Odds13 Yuralla Boy F: 92741B(2) W(52)( T- Todd Howlett )Got the confidence back last start and it could pay to stick with it.
RemarksPlenty of money coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.00Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 2.40Quinella 5:8 $ 11.30Trifecta 5:8:1 $ 75.10First4 5:8:1:2 $ 299.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DARLEY SILVER SHADOW STAKESTime: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Libertini F: 211XB(2) W(55)WonDividends : $1.50 $1.20Punters will have to take the shorts but it's a real talent in the making. Blistering turn-of-foot to win its last two and we're excited about this filly.Main Danger1 Tenley F: 1100XB(5) W(57)Simply didn't handle the wet at its last two. Was a boom horse prior to that, winning its first three starts. Could get right back into its winning groove.Next Best2 Flit F: 312XB(9) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.90Signalled its ability last preparation. Has been highly-touted by the stable and it pays to follow their confidence. Chance with luck.Include in Multis5 Let It Pour F: 3X2B(4) W(55)Yet to win a race from two attempts but that was a good run for second last start. Gets a good run from the draw so don't discount.Longer Odds8 Pretty Brazen F: 245X1B(1) W(55)( J- Luke Currie )( T- Tony McEvoy )Soft kill last start and it could be the forgotten runner.
RemarksStellar field and looks to be a great form guide
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 1.50Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 2 $ 2.90Quinella 2:3 $ 4.30Trifecta 3:2:5 $ 20.40First4 3:2:5:4 $ 92.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MOSTYN COPPER SHOW COUNTY QUALITYTime: 5:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Cascadian F: X128XB(10) W(54)Hard to line up French sprinting form but there's enough support to warrant attention. Will appreciate the light weight and punters are getting nice odds.Main Danger7 Deprive F: 11X11B(1) W(53.5)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.50Stablemate to Cascadian which has rattled off four consecutive wins. Easy run from the draw and it will be flashing home late.Next Best12 Trope F: 1272XB(9) W(53)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )PlacedDividend : $1.60Has promised to rise to the next level throughout its career. Owns ability and it will no doubt take on harder fields later this spring.Include in Multis13 Baller F: 1550XB(5) W(53)Will enjoy dropping to 53kg and it's another runner with the talent to rise through the grades. Being well-backed to win at odds.Longer Odds4 Con Te Partiro F: 49X16B(3) W(54)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Good win two back and then up in class for 6th. Easier today and could be the surprise
RemarksBig field and it's stacked with each-way talent
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.20Place1 7 $ 1.50Place2 12 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 2.50Quinella 7:12 $ 6.10Trifecta 7:12:3 $ 64.20First4 7:12:3:4 $ 447.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (6) Cascadian(7) Deprive (12) Trope (13) BallerR7 (1) Avilius(10) Verry ElleegantR8 (2) Kiamichi(4) Mizzy (5) Soothing (8) NotationR9 (7) Prime Candidate(11) RoherynQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 48
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 7, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - WINX STAKESTime: 5:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Avilius F: 1511XB(8) W(59)Likely to hit the ground running after some good trial form. Winner of 10 from 18 starts and that consistency looks good. Top chance.Main Danger10 Verry Elleegant F: 2111XB(3) W(56.5)Searching for its third consecutive Group 1 race. Must handle non-age group racing now, but it looks a big chance of that. Firmed in betting.Next Best2 Happy Clapper F: 2284XB(5) W(59)( T- Patrick Webster )PlacedDividend : $1.90Too short in the betting for our liking but there's no denying its class. Must be included but punters should look for better odds come race day.Include in Multis5 Kings Will Dream F: 236PXB(2) W(59)( J- Jason Collett )Coming back from a serious injury. Looked a cups horse in the making before going amiss but it could run on nicely in this.Longer Odds4 Best Of Days F: 1X5PXB(6) W(59)Might go under the radar but watch for it to be running on nicely late in the piece.
RemarksGroup 1 feature with a stellar and interesting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 41.00Place1 6 $ 6.60Place2 2 $ 1.90Place3 7 $ 2.90Quinella 2:6 $ 120.70Trifecta 6:2:7 $ 3171.40First4 6:2:7:1 $ 10300.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TOY SHOW QUALITYTime: 6:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Notation F: X1112B(2) W(53)( J- Blaike McDougall )( T- Matthew Dale )Extremely consistent runner which knows how to win. Up and running this campaign and dropping to 53kg is ideal. Each-way odds on offer.Main Danger4 Mizzy F: 1446XB(3) W(53)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Plenty of money coming for Mizzy despite some fair form coming into this. Has been running against strong fields, so it's worth including.Next Best2 Kiamichi F: 1130XB(8) W(55)Group 1 Golden Slipper winner and if it comes back as an older horse, it'll be tough to beat. Not all Slipper winners do however, so keep an eye on the betting.Include in Multis5 Soothing F: 634X0B(5) W(53)( J- Kathy O'Hara )PlacedDividend : $4.60Owns a good turn-of-foot at its best. Needs to improve on its most recent effort but it gets in light and could turn that around.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'12 Into the Abyss F: 7224XB(6) W(53)Doesn't win often but does possess the ability. Upset claims.
RemarksThe Toy Show is always a quality race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.00Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 4.60Place3 7 $ 16.70Quinella 4:5 $ 32.80Trifecta 4:5:7 $ 2121.40First4 4:5:7:3 $ 11325.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - KOGAROO HANDICAPTime: 7:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Roheryn F: 112X1B(4) W(55)Drifting a touch in the betting but it's the best horse in the race. Could start odds-on with some support after winning three of its first four starts.Main Danger7 Prime Candidate F: 11X31B(7) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.60Good money coming for the winner of five from seven. None of those wins have come against this quality, but it's a nice start to the career.Next Best3 Sweet Deal F: X5451B(10) W(58)WonDividends : $11.10 $2.60Found the line nicely to score last start and it could go back-to-back. Just needs the right run in transit to finish over the top of them.Include in Multis8 The Avenger F: 28321B(5) W(56)Last start winner which has always had good ability. Could run well here at nice odds.Longer Odds2 Fortensky F: X3222B(8) W(58.5)Getting close to a win after four consecutive placings. Worth a chance.
RemarksA couple of well-backed types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 11.10Place1 3 $ 2.60Place2 7 $ 1.60Place3 4 $ 2.90Quinella 3:7 $ 16.70Trifecta 3:7:4 $ 323.80First4 3:7:4:2 $ 2987.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%