Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TAB HIGHWAY HANDICAPTime: 2:55 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Glamour Cat F: 56162B(10) W(59)( T- Joe Cleary )Drawn wide but that doesn't usually matter in this race. McDonald rides and it has been best-backed to win.Main Danger3 Depth That Varies F: X6213B(12) W(59)( J- Jay Ford )( T- Nicholas Dixon )Another that draws deep in barrier 14. However, it's coming off some solid runs and punters are coming for it. Include here.Next Best9 All In War F: X1623B(7) W(55)( T- Matthew Dale )PlacedDividend : $3.10Scored nicely fresh up and hasn't done too much wrong since. 55kg on the back and that brings it right into contention.Include in Multis8 Tango Stepz F: X1726B(1) W(55.5)( J- Rachel King )( T- Rodney Northam )PlacedDividend : $6.30Could dance its way to victory. Scored well fresh up and with fitness under the belt now, it should be going close at odds.Longer Odds5 Eurosay F: 79325B(11) W(58)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- Todd Smart )Chance with some luck in running.
RemarksAnother even Highway Handicap to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 7.50Place1 14 $ 2.70Place2 9 $ 3.10Place3 8 $ 6.30Quinella 9:14 $ 40.60Trifecta 14:9:8 $ 1225.50First4 14:9:8:13 $ 16585.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - DRINKWISE SWEET EMBRACE STAKES (G2)Time: 3:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Stellar Pauline F: 222B(5) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Beaten in all three starts but beaten by smart types. Looks well-placed to win and it has attracted plenty of attention.Main Danger1 Bella Nipotina F: 42X42B(1) W(55.5)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Produced a very good run for second in a tough race last start. That form has to stack up here and punters are getting good odds.Next Best5 Tilia Rose F: 1XB(3) W(55.5)Won impressively on debut before being spelled. That's a good sign and if there's any positive moves, that's an even better sign. Nice chance.Include in Multis8 Harmonium F: 1B(4) W(55.5)( T- R & M Freedman )Another debut winner that gets in well on the weights and it could have a nice future. Might head forward and be tough to catch.Longer Odds3 Queen Kay F: 12B(6) W(55.5)( J- Jason Collett )( T- T & T Edmonds )Chance to cause an upset.
RemarksGolden Slipper guide
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 9.00Place1 7 $ 3.10Place2 2 $ 1.60Quinella 2:7 $ 11.70Trifecta 7:2:10 $ 207.40First4 7:2:10:1 $ 1383.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - SCHWEPPES SKYLINE STAKES (G2)Time: 4:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Prague F: 11B(3) W(55.5)( T- Maher/Eustace )Unbeaten after two starts and it has been beating nice types. Deserves to be the favourite for this race and it should run accordingly.Main Danger2 Aim F: 118B(2) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Unbeaten at its first two starts before running averagely last start. Nice each-way odds on offer and it should be right around the mark.Next Best8 Argenteus F:B(1) W(55.5)( J- Ben Melham )Tough race on debut but there is good specking in the betting. Recent trial winner that gets the inside draw.Include in Multis3 Postcode F: 22XB(5) W(55.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Not far behind some nice horses to date. Likely to go forward and that can often be the winning of the race. Include.Longer Odds9 Mamaragan F:B(7) W(55.5)WonDividends : $19.90 $5.30Could show some cheek on debut.
RemarksAnother guide for the Slipper next month
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 19.90Place1 9 $ 5.30Place2 5 $ 4.10Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 5:9 $ 171.60Trifecta 9:5:2 $ 1897.10First4 9:5:2:3 $ 31451.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LIVERPOOL CITY CUP (G3)Time: 4:40 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Rock F: 1150XB(3) W(55.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )PlacedDividend : $2.10Talented at its best and it forms form very quickly. Had a good campaign when last in work and that bodes well. Top chance.Main Danger3 Imaging F: 2X20XB(7) W(57.5)Imported runner that could show good pace here. McDonald rides and that's a good guide. Chance.Next Best2 Cascadian F: 713X2B(1) W(58)( J- Glen Boss )Likely to get back in the run and storm home late. Chance if they run quickly up front and there appears to be solid pace.Include in Multis10 Vegadaze F: X5X61B(6) W(53)( J- Jean Van Overmeire )( T- Anthony Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.90Speedy type which will try run them along. Gets in with only 53kg on the back and that's a big factor. Has every chance of winning.Longer Odds6 El Dorado Dreaming F: X7350B(9) W(54.5)( T- Kris Lees )Overdue a winning turn. Chance with some luck.
RemarksEven betting field with a loose favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.30Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 10 $ 1.90Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 4:10 $ 12.30Trifecta 4:10:5 $ 156.70First4 4:10:5:9 $ 754.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GUY WALTER PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS STAKES (G2)Time: 5:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Sweet Deal F: 131X1B(2) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Didn't enjoy the conditions last start but it still won. That's a good sign of things to come and it deserves to be well backed.Main Danger1 Reelem in Ruby F: 221X0B(7) W(56)Didn't fire last time out but it usually has quick improvement. Weighted well and it has every chance at each-way odds.Next Best5 Con Te Partiro F: 6405XB(6) W(55)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Won fresh up last campaign and it has every chance to do so again. 55kg on the back and it should ride the speed and kick.Include in Multis6 Pohutukawa F: 247X3B(10) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.70Chance if they go hard up front. It will be storming home late and it runs at value odds. Goes into the mix.Longer Odds3 Fiesta F: 504X0B(4) W(56)Sticking with it for one more run.
RemarksAnother each-way type of race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.90Place1 9 $ 3.30Place2 4 $ 1.40Place3 6 $ 1.70Quinella 4:9 $ 13.70Trifecta 9:4:6 $ 154.70First4 9:4:6:7 $ 1190.00Double 4/9 $ 44.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HEINEKEN 3 SURROUND STAKES (G1)Time: 5:50 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Probabeel F: 22X11B(5) W(56)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.60Warmed up with two victories in New Zealand. Looks the goods and it has drawn a good barrier. Should prove tough to hold out.Main Danger1 Flit F: 914X1B(7) W(56)Returned to its best form when scoring impressively last start. Gets the services of Hugh Bowman and that's going to help its chances.Next Best4 Funstar F: 1211XB(11) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.80Hasn't been working overly well but it's tough to ignore its race record. Drawing barrier 13 sees it slip down the order a touch.Include in Multis2 Lyre F: 274X2B(2) W(56)( T- Anthony Freedman )Deserves a winning turn after hitting the line last time out. Draws barrier two and punters are getting good odds. Right in this.Longer Odds13 Saas Fee F: 3X123B(8) W(56)( J- Joshua Parr )( T- Gerald Ryan )Could cause a massive upset.
RemarksGreat Group 1 race with Kiwi interest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.40Place1 5 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 4.50Quinella 4:5 $ 9.80Trifecta 5:4:8 $ 173.30First4 5:4:8:2 $ 861.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Flit(4) Funstar (5) ProbabeelR7 (1) Avilius(3) Te Akau Shark (4) Dreamforce (5) Fierce ImpactR8 (4) Mount Tabora(8) Costello (10) Chains Of HonourR9 (1) Roheryn(3) Accession (5) Royal Celebration (6) YamazakiQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TAB CHIPPING NORTON STAKES (G1)Time: 6:30 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Te Akau Shark F: 223X1B(12) W(59)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.40The Shark could bite here after securing its first Group 1 last start. Owns a Coz Plate placing and that form is tops. Just needs luck.Main Danger5 Fierce Impact F: 211X2B(5) W(59)( T- Matthew Smith )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good run for second at Group 1 level last start. It should derive good benefit from that run and it gets a good run from the draw.Next Best4 Dreamforce F: 205X2B(3) W(59)Draws well and it should be able to find a handy position in the field. Each-way odds on offer and it could take this out. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis1 Avilius F: 147X5B(7) W(59)It's far too good to leave out of calculations. Handy fifth fresh up and it's only going to improve with the run. Chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Homesman F: 1260XB(2) W(59)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Anthony Freedman )Goes well fresh up. Not without a chance and the odds are good.
RemarksAnother Kiwi looks to take the Group 1 honours
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.80Place1 3 $ 1.40Place2 13 $ 3.50Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 3:13 $ 16.40Trifecta 3:13:5 $ 151.20First4 3:13:5:1 $ 980.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RANVET HANDICAPTime: 7:10 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Chains Of Honour F: 17X11B(11) W(52)( T- Gerald Ryan )Going well after back-to-back wins this campaign. Could handle the rise in class once again and the odds are generous.Main Danger8 Costello F: 39X22B(1) W(53.5)( J- Glen Boss )( T- David Payne )PlacedDividend : $1.70Back-to-back placings coming into this. Needs to start winning races as it has been a long time. Chance to impress.Next Best4 Mount Tabora F: 63121B(7) W(56)Looked good winning last start and it could kick on with it now. Owns the ability to rise through the grades, so consider.Include in Multis3 Ilwendo F: 121X1B(4) W(56)( J- Jason Collett )( T- Matthew Smith )Won either side of a spell and that's usually a good sign. Gets in well on the weights and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds5 White Boots F: 49535B(2) W(56)( T- Kim Waugh )PlacedDividend : $4.10Owns upset claims.
RemarksPlenty of value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 7.80Place1 13 $ 2.50Place2 8 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 4.10Quinella 8:13 $ 14.80Trifecta 13:8:5 $ 462.50First4 13:8:5:4 $ 2924.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - QUINCY SELTZER HANDICAPTime: 7:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Roheryn F: 58X12B(3) W(59)Impressive fresh up win and it didn't do much wrong last time out. Draws well and it could run another consistent race.Main Danger5 Royal Celebration F: X5X74B(2) W(55.5)( J- Andrew Adkins )( T- Ron Quinton )PlacedDividend : $1.70Needed both runs back from a spell and it should be able to hit top gear now. Drawn well and gets in nicely on the weights.Next Best3 Accession F: 550X7B(4) W(55.5)Needs to lift but it has form behind some nice types. 55.5kg on its back helps and it's another good ride for Hugh Bowman.Include in Multis6 Yamazaki F: 3X217B(11) W(55)( T- David Pfieffer )Talented on its day and it has a nice turn-of-foot. Only fair last start but is better-suited by this race. Big chance.Longer Odds11 Juventus F: 2543XB(10) W(52.5)( T- Kris Lees )52.5kg on the back and it has every chance.
RemarksQuality field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.50Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 3.40Place3 5 $ 1.70Quinella 7:8 $ 25.30Trifecta 7:8:5 $ 215.70First4 7:8:5:9 $ 1356.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%