Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - IRON JACK HANDICAPTime: 2:45 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Yonkers F: 21X11B(6) W(58.5)Racing well with three consecutive wins. Gets McDonald in the saddle and it could handle the rise in grade nicely.Main Danger5 Cyber Intervention F: 06X15B(2) W(59)( T- Joseph Pride )Looked good when winning fresh up. Battled away well enough last time out and it gets a good run from the draw.Next Best2 Bobby Dee F: 16464B(9) W(60)( T- Bjorn Baker )PlacedDividend : $2.70Better than what it has been showing lately. Handy enough run for fourth last start, and it shouldn't be too far away.Include in Multis1 White Boots F: 95353B(8) W(61)( J- J Van Overmeire )( T- Kim Waugh )PlacedDividend : $2.70Two placings from its last three starts. Up in weight but it's paying nice odds and shouldn't be too far away.Longer Odds11 Domed F: 6X780B(12) W(55.5)( T- John Thompson )Could turn its form around. Chance at odds.
RemarksA wide-open field in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 13.40Place1 10 $ 4.20Place2 2 $ 2.70Place3 1 $ 2.70Quinella 2:10 $ 61.00Trifecta 10:2:1 $ 656.90First4 10:2:1:7 $ 5333.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BOWERMANS FURNITURE PAGO PAGO STAKES (G3)Time: 3:25 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Ilovemyself F: 1B(6) W(55.5)( T- Greg Eurell )Cracking winner on debut when heavily backed. Not easy to go the other way around, but it has obviously ability.Main Danger1 Aim F: 1183B(4) W(55.5)It has been contesting tough races and running well. Looks every chance of returning to winning form. Include.Next Best7 Kumasi F: 1B(2) W(55.5)( T- Gerald Ryan )PlacedDividend : $1.90Impressive winner on debut and it has been rock-steady in the betting. That's a good sign and it should go close.Include in Multis2 Prague F: 116B(3) W(55.5)( J- Tom Marquand )( T- Maher/Eustace )WonDividends : $7.90 $2.20Average last start but it could bounce back. Its first two wins were too good to overlook.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Osamu F: 272B(7) W(55.5)Hit the line with good power last start and it's well over the odds. Should get every chance to win.
RemarksCracking field with Slipper implications
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 7.90Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 7 $ 1.90Place3 8 $ 2.80Quinella 2:7 $ 14.60Trifecta 2:7:8 $ 328.20First4 2:7:8:1 $ 1040.40Double 10/2 $ 89.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ANTLER LUGGAGE MAGIC NIGHT STAKES (G3)Time: 4:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Stellar Pauline F: 2222B(3) W(55.5)Didn't have any luck last time out and still managed to battle on nicely. Gets every chance from the draw and it should handy and run close.Main Danger8 Kaakit Akit F: 1B(10) W(55.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Did a good job winning on debut and it has attracted attention in the betting. Tricky draw but it should be right around the mark.Next Best2 Philizzy F: 13B(6) W(55.5)Impressive winner on debut and that was followed up with a good placing. Well-bred filly with upside.Include in Multis4 Sancy F: 1XB(15) W(55.5)Debut winner which has drawn wide. However, it only needs a touch of luck to threaten this field. Nice odds.Longer Odds6 Thermosphere F: 421B(5) W(55.5)WonDividends : $17.90 $4.30Last-start winner with upset claims.
RemarksAnother talented field with Slipper aspirations
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 17.90Place1 6 $ 4.30Place2 3 $ 2.80Place3 10 $ 21.00Quinella 3:6 $ 75.90Trifecta 6:3:10 $ 8253.80First4 6:3:10:2 $ 52545.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CANADIAN CLUB MAURICE MCCARTEN STAKES (G3)Time: 4:35 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Greyworm F: 311X1B(7) W(57.5)Impressive winner last start, making it three wins in a row. Looks to have gone to another level and it should go close once again.Main Danger5 Zoustyle F: X624XB(4) W(55)( T- Tony Gollan )Has been running against good fields of late and struggling. However, it looked impressive prior to that and it has been well-backed to win.Next Best4 Soothing F: 2151XB(8) W(56.5)Seven wins from 18 start isn't a record that should be overlooked. Scored its only win on this track and that bodes well.Include in Multis1 Tactical Advantage F: 05120B(5) W(59)Better than what it showed last start. Loves this track and distance, and it's paying generous odds. Include.Longer Odds7 Diplomatico F: 8X27XB(10) W(53)( J- Jye McNeil )Talented on its day. Could score an upset.
RemarksCompetitive market with money coming for many runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.50Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 5.60Place3 6 $ 3.10Quinella 3:8 $ 99.20Trifecta 3:8:6 $ 414.80First4 3:8:6:2 $ 5104.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CHANDON PHAR LAP STAKES (G2)Time: 5:10 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Probabeel F: 2X111B(4) W(54.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Scored a win from an unlikely position last start. No reason why it can't win again, and punters are getting value odds. The Kiwi roll could continue.Main Danger6 Funstar F: 211X2B(7) W(54.5)WonDividends : $1.50 $1.10It was a nice effort last start in defeat. It should be improved with the run under the belt and the stable has a big opinion of this runner.Next Best2 Spend F: 1X431B(5) W(56.5)Two-time winner which was too good for them last week. Not an easy race to back up in, but it shouldn't be discounted.Include in Multis1 Kubrick F: 501X8B(3) W(56.5)Prepared to overlook its first-up run. It might have needed the fitness and it could run well at double-figure odds.Longer Odds3 Quick Thinker F: 56X42B(1) W(56.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )More of a 2000m type but it could show up.
RemarksIt's going to be a cracking race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 1.50Place1 6 $ 1.10Place2 5 $ 1.50Quinella 5:6 $ 1.40Trifecta 6:5:3 $ 7.30First4 6:5:3:10 $ 26.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HYLAND RACE COLOURS AJAX STAKES (G2)Time: 5:45 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Quackerjack F: 31211B(10) W(58.5)( T- Mark Newnham )In fine form after winning three of its last four starts. Drawn a touch wide but that shouldn't matter too much. It's flying at the moment.Main Danger8 Rock F: 150X3B(3) W(55)Lovely type that did enough when third fresh up. Gets in nicely on the weights and it shouldn't be far away.Next Best4 Cascadian F: 13X25B(7) W(57)( J- Glyn Schofield )PlacedDividend : $2.40Likes to get back in the run and storm home. That could work for this race as there appears to be good speed. Chance.Include in Multis9 Vegadaze F: 5X612B(9) W(54)( J- Jean Van Overmeire )Impressive win two back and it was followed up with a good placing. 54kg on the back is ideal.Longer Odds6 Night's Watch F: 60X07B(6) W(56.5)It's last-chance saloon.
RemarksVery even field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.40Place1 5 $ 2.30Place2 3 $ 4.40Place3 4 $ 2.40Quinella 3:5 $ 60.80Trifecta 5:3:4 $ 505.60First4 5:3:4:2 $ 2492.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Quackerjack(4) Cascadian (8) RockR7 (5) Pohutukawa(7) Sylvia's Mother (15) BenitoiteR8 (9) Mustajeer(10) Master Of WineR9 (2) Something Fast(6) Positive Peace (7) Accession (8) Royal CelebrationQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - COOLMORE CLASSIC (G1)Time: 6:25 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Sylvia's Mother F: 13X11B(8) W(55)Its last two wins have been impressive in Melbourne. Should enjoy the rise in distance and punters are getting good value.Main Danger5 Pohutukawa F: 47X33B(6) W(55.5)Wants the sting out of the surface and should get it. Finding it tough to win races but this looks an ideal target.Next Best15 Benitoite F: 15X97B(1) W(51)( T- Clinton McDonald )Didn't get luck last start when held up over the concluding stages. Looks a chance here.Include in Multis11 Spanish Whisper F: 930X5B(3) W(54.5)( J- Tom Marquand )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Better for the run last start and it could improve nicely. Punters are getting odds worth taking.Longer Odds10 Oceanex F: 2621XB(10) W(54.5)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )Owns the class to win a race like this.
RemarksGreat Group 1 field for the fillies and mares
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 23.10Place1 6 $ 7.20Place2 12 $ 11.80Place3 9 $ 3.70Quinella 6:12 $ 572.90Trifecta 6:12:9 $ 11044.00First4 6:12:9:15 $ 137397.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 7, 10, 11, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TAB SKY HIGH STAKES (G3)Time: 7:05 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Mustajeer F: 160X1B(7) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.60Impressive win last time out after running second-to-last in the Melbourne Cup prior. It gets in well on the weights so treat with respect.Main Danger10 Master Of Wine F: 311X1B(6) W(55)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Improving with every race and it has won three in a row. Has been the best-backed runner in the field, so put in here.Next Best1 Danceteria F: 1X0X0B(5) W(58)Expect a better run now after disappointing fresh up. It has class over the longer distances and it could add value.Include in Multis6 Life Less Ordinary F: 74X66B(2) W(56.5)( J- Jason Collett )Finding it tough to win a race but it can never be discounted. Has the ability to beat a field of this nature. The odds are generous.Longer Odds11 Carif F: 222X0B(1) W(55)PlacedDividend : $3.40Look for improvement with the fitness under its belt.
RemarksFollow the form out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.10Place1 10 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 1.60Place3 11 $ 3.40Quinella 9:10 $ 3.50Trifecta 10:9:11 $ 47.20First4 10:9:11:6 $ 199.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CERRONE HANDICAPTime: 7:45 | Distance: 1350m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Positive Peace F: X2111B(10) W(56)( T- Bjorn Baker )Indicative Odds: $3.90Continues to win after posting three consecutive wins. Drawn a touch wide but it's going well and should go close again.Main Danger8 Royal Celebration F: 5X743B(3) W(55.5)( T- Ron Quinton )Indicative Odds: $4.60Backed and beaten last time out. However, it didn't lose any admirers and it should be ready to go here.Next Best7 Accession F: 50X75B(5) W(56)Indicative Odds: $6.50Taking its time to get back into a winning groove. Better when fifth last start and it shouldn't be too far away.Include in Multis2 Something Fast F: 1X211B(6) W(59)( J- J Van Overmeire )Indicative Odds: $4.80Gunning for three in a row and we wouldn't be ruling it out of doing so. Each-way odds offered.Longer Odds4 Milk Man F: 4046XB(8) W(56.5)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Matthew Smith )Indicative Odds: $23.00Could fire in a fresh state. Worth including.
RemarksGood betting race to close the card
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%