Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SCHWEPPES DARBY MUNRO STAKESTime: 2:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Cosmic Force F: 216X2B(12) W(59)Quality runner that finished off stylishly for second last start. Won second-up last campaign and that bodes well for this race.Main Danger6 California Zimbol F: 113X3B(5) W(56.5)( J- Brenton Avdulla )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.30Talented and it needed the fresh up run. Expect quick improvement and it gets a good run from barrier five. Big danger.Next Best12 Mirra Vision F: 11X1B(2) W(54)Faces a stiff rise in class but it's unbeaten after three starts. That's tough to overlook and it gets the weight advantage on the field.Include in Multis3 Dawn Passage F: X156XB(1) W(58)( J- Tim Clark )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )PlacedDividend : $1.80It has every chance to win this race. Likely to find a forward position from the draw and it has a great front-running jockey engaged.Longer Odds5 Hawker Hurricane F: 231X7B(4) W(57)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Michael Moroney )Good enough to figure in the finish.
RemarksQuality field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.30Place1 6 $ 1.30Place2 3 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 1.80Quinella 3:6 $ 8.60Trifecta 6:3:8 $ 66.20First4 6:3:8:12 $ 119.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - IRON JACK N E MANION CUP (G3)Time: 3:10 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Mugatoo F: 6X111B(4) W(54)( T- Kris Lees )PlacedDividend : $1.20In good form after winning all three starts in Australia. Gets in perfectly from a good draw and with only 54kg on its back.Main Danger1 Young Rascal F: 6X19XB(10) W(59)( J- Tom Marquand )( T- William Haggas )WonDividends : $8.50 $2.40International raider that won fresh up last campaign before running at the Hong Kong International Meeting. That's hot form, so keep safe.Next Best9 Supernova F: 026X4B(7) W(53.5)( J- Brenton Avdulla )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )PlacedDividend : $1.80It has always promised to win a nice race. Tough field to beat but it gets right down in the weight and it could factor in the finish.Include in Multis11 Fun Fact F: 35162B(2) W(53)( T- Bjorn Baker )Owns good tactical speed and it shouldn't have any worry finding the front from barrier two. Each-way odds.Longer Odds6 Yogi F: 23X78B(8) W(56.5)( J- Craig Williams )( T- Maher/Eustace )It's always a chance. Could exceed expectations.
RemarksCracking staying field with many different form lines
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.50Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 7 $ 1.20Place3 9 $ 1.80Quinella 1:7 $ 6.50Trifecta 1:7:9 $ 70.00First4 1:7:9:12 $ 538.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CELLARBRATIONS EPONA STAKES (G3)Time: 3:45 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Paint The Town Two F: X1121B(7) W(56)( T- Bevan Laming )It's in career-best form after posting three wins from four starts this campaign. Coming for support and McDonald can't do much wrong at the moment.Main Danger2 Greysful Glamour F: 14X10B(8) W(56)( T- Mark Newnham )PlacedDividend : $2.70Didn't fire last start but it's like that. It can bounce back out of nowhere and its fresh up win was impressive. Stick with it.Next Best1 Luvaluva F: 56116B(11) W(56.5)( J- Damian Lane )( T- John Sargent )Couldn't win in New Zealand last start, but the money is on here. Yet to run in the money at Rosehill, but include.Include in Multis7 Gayatri F: 154X8B(5) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.70Only fair last start but it gets in down on the weights. Money has come solidly throughout the week, which is a good sign.Longer Odds6 Savacool F: 55X53B(9) W(54)( J- Kathy O'Hara )Finding it tough to win but include at nice odds.
RemarksNot much between most of these
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 26.10Place1 12 $ 6.00Place2 7 $ 2.70Place3 2 $ 2.70Quinella 7:12 $ 102.20Trifecta 12:7:2 $ 4203.60First4 12:7:2:4 $ 19042.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - RANVET STAKES (G1)Time: 4:25 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Addeybb F: 1212XB(5) W(59)( J- Tom Marquand )( T- William Haggas )WonDividends : $3.60 $2.10Second behind Magical last start, which is magical form. One of the best-rated Europeans to come over, which doesn't bode well for the opposition.Main Danger5 Verry Elleegant F: 10X42B(7) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.60Good run behind Te Akau Shark last start and that's hot form for this race. Good early betting support and it could improve enough to win.Next Best1 Avilius F: 7X545B(2) W(59)( J- Hugh Bowman )Not showing its best form this preparation but it's a champion runner. Bowman rides and a return to form looks likely.Include in Multis6 Danzdanzdance F: 55X56B(3) W(57)Needs to start showing its best form. Has been a while between drinks, but its form from New Zealand would take it close.Longer Odds8 Youngstar F: 30X42B(4) W(57)Better run last start, so consider on that effort.
RemarksCracking international field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.60Place1 2 $ 2.10Place2 5 $ 1.60Quinella 2:5 $ 4.50Trifecta 2:5:1 $ 17.20First4 2:5:1:7 $ 125.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - THE AGENCY GEORGE RYDER STAKES (G1)Time: 5:05 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Te Akau Shark F: 23X11B(8) W(59)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.00Couldn't have been any more impressive when winning last start. It's an awkward draw but it'll likely drop back and stalk them.Main Danger7 Super Seth F: 51X12B(9) W(56)( J- Mark Zahra )Talented three-year-old that has the measure up against the older types, but it's capable. It has remained steady in the betting.Next Best3 The Bostonian F: 358X1B(7) W(59)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.00Impressive win fresh up and it should be interesting to see how it goes over this distance. McDonald rides and the each-way odds appeal.Include in Multis4 Dreamforce F: 05X28B(4) W(59)( J- Nash Rawiller )( T- John Thompson )WonDividends : $13.90 $3.30Owns tactical speed and if it gets its way in front, it could kick away from them. Worth including.Longer Odds8 Brandenburg F: 22X13B(3) W(56)( T- John Sargent )Consistent type that could run in the money once again.
RemarksCan the Shark bite again?
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 13.90Place1 4 $ 3.30Place2 3 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 1.00Quinella 3:4 $ 50.60Trifecta 4:3:2 $ 229.70First4 4:3:2:8 $ 1802.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SKY RACING ACTIVE ROSEHILL GUINEAS (G1)Time: 5:45 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Shadow Hero F: 15X51B(8) W(56.5)( J- Joshua Parr )( T- Mark Newnham )Looks the best runner in this field. Impressive win last time out and the 2000m is ideal. Has been best-backed to score and we're not surprised.Main Danger10 Chenier F: 12X34B(12) W(56.5)It's not easy to follow but that was a nice effort two starts back behind Alligator Blood and Catalyst. Chance if it brings that form to the table.Next Best3 Warning F: 21X75B(1) W(56.5)( J- Damien Oliver )Victoria Derby winner that has needed both runs back from a spell. Looks ready to show its best and the inside draw helps.Include in Multis5 Scorpz F: 11323B(2) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Gets the right distance of 2000m and it will continue to battle away nicely. Kiwi runner and Opie is a key booking.Longer Odds6 Prince Fawaz F: 68X07B(9) W(56.5)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )( T- Anthony Cummings )PlacedDividend : $9.30Too good to rule out. Expecting better now.
RemarksThe Kiwis are out in force
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.80Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 6 $ 9.30Place3 7 $ 2.80Quinella 1:6 $ 138.50Trifecta 1:6:7 $ 2464.20First4 1:6:7:2 $ 7630.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Shadow Hero(3) Warning (10) ChenierR7 (1) Tagaloa(2) Hanseatic (3) Farnan (18) MinhaajR8 (4) Savatiano(8) Fasika (14) AnaheedR9 (4) Resin(11) Anjana (19) KiamichiQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LONGINES GOLDEN SLIPPER (G1)Time: 6:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Farnan F: 11011B(12) W(56.5)( J- Hugh Bowman )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )WonDividends : $4.80 $2.20Not helped by the wide draw but it has looked good to date. It has won four of its five starts and there's nothing wrong with that form.Main Danger1 Tagaloa F: 31412B(6) W(56.5)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Busuttin/Young )Blue Diamond winner which didn't lose any admirers last time out. Drifting a touch in the market but punters are getting nice odds.Next Best18 Minhaaj F: 11B(11) W(54.5)( J- Daniel Stackhouse )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Couldn't have been more impressive when winning last start. Put space on its rivals and although untested at this level, it's an exciting type.Include in Multis2 Hanseatic F: 1112B(9) W(56.5)Didn't do much wrong in the Blue Diamond and it has been kept on fresh legs since. Punters are getting better odds than they usually get.Longer Odds8 Away Game F: 41114B(3) W(54.5)( T- Maher/Eustace )PlacedDividend : $3.00Big run the Diamond after settling wide throughout. Chance here.
RemarksIt's always a wide-open race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.80Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 8 $ 3.00Place3 7 $ 4.90Quinella 3:8 $ 24.80Trifecta 3:8:7 $ 679.80First4 3:8:7:1 $ 3039.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 18RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CITY TATTERSALLS CLUB GALAXY (G1)Time: 7:10 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Pierata F: 2151XB(9) W(59)( T- Gregory Hickman )The class is on its side. Needs to find cover from the wide draw but it finds form quickly and could win in a fresh state.Main Danger4 Savatiano F: 01X12B(6) W(54)( J- Damien Oliver )Punters are getting nice odds for this consistent type. Didn't do much wrong last start and carrying 54kg is ideal. Goes close.Next Best8 Fasika F: 229X1B(13) W(51)( J- Jay Ford )( T- Joseph Pride )Impressive win fresh up and it has always promised to win a big race. Draws deep, which hurts, but 51kg helps.Include in Multis15 Cosmic Force F: 216X2B(11) W(50)Scratched in the 1st - In first 2 placings in 7 of 9 lifetime starts so has to be consideredLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'14 Anaheed F: 13X10B(12) W(50)( J- Robbie Dolan )It usually runs best with a light weight. It can bounce back from a poor run last start
RemarksSome slick sprinters line up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 26.40Place1 9 $ 6.10Place2 7 $ 5.90Place3 12 $ 4.40Quinella 7:9 $ 280.20Trifecta 9:7:12 $ 11707.10First4 9:7:12:5 $ 126891.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - TAB BIRTHDAY CARD STAKES (G3)Time: 7:45 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Anjana F: 360X0B(10) W(53)( T- Lindsey Smith )Indicative Odds: $4.80Well backed to win despite the last-start run. Gets in with only 53kg on its back and it has been smashed in betting.Main Danger19 Kiamichi F: 05X39B(12) W(54.5)( J- Damian Lane )Indicative Odds: $7.00Has won all its races on this course and after two runs back shapes as ready to winNext Best4 Resin F: 49X83B(14) W(54)Indicative Odds: $8.50Drawn deep but it ran well for third last start and shouldn't be far away from them. Chance at juicy odds.Include in Multis13 Yamazaki F: X2176B(8) W(53)( T- David Pfieffer )Indicative Odds: $9.50Can get back and storm home late. There should be good pace in this race and it's paying good enough odds to warrant attention.Longer Odds12 Spiritual Pursuit F: 74927B(11) W(53)( J- Billy Egan )( T- Jason Coyle )Indicative Odds: $23.00Worth including if it runs up to its best ability.
RemarksGreat betting race to close the card
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 11, 12, 13, 19RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%