Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ABLE DOORS SPARK OF LIFE HANDICAPTime: 2:55 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Willowheart F: 1X1B(3) W(52.5)Unbeaten to date and although facing a rise in class, carrying the light weight of 52.5kg helps. Punters are getting juicy odds.Main Danger2 Acumen F: 32X11B(1) W(54)Back-to-back wins to open this campaign. Tough to discount that form and getting the inside draw makes it tough to beat.Next Best1 Splintex F: X3319B(5) W(59)( J- Robbie Dolan )WonDividends : $6.80 $3.40Owns the most potential but has been punished with a big weight. Capable of carrying that to victory, so don't rule it out.Include in Multis3 Deference F: 172X3B(2) W(53.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Handy effort for third last time out. Could kick on with it and there has been steady money throughout the week. Chance.Longer Odds4 Camp Rifle F: 1317XB(4) W(53)Will be hitting the line nicely.
RemarksMany capable types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.80Place1 1 $ 3.40Place2 3 $ 2.20Quinella 1:3 $ 17.20Trifecta 1:3:6 $ 141.00First4 1:3:6:4 $ 524.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TAB HIGHWAY HANDICAPTime: 3:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Mr Wong F: 673X1B(1) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Jones )Proven winner in this grade and it gets the services of Hugh Bowman. It also gets the inside draw and it's talented at best.Main Danger5 Two Big Fari F: 21X12B(6) W(55.5)( J- Brenton Avdulla )( T- Todd Howlett )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.00Second last start and shouldn't have lost any admirers. Yet to run a bad race from four starts and we're expecting good things.Next Best15 Southern Appeal F: 510X2B(9) W(53)( T- Danny Williams )Nice run for second when resuming last start. Capable of handling this field and running with 53kg helps.Include in Multis4 Electrified F: 31X75B(5) W(55.5)( T- Dean Mirfin )Better run for fifth last start. Needed the time and fitness to get back to its best. Chance at generous odds.Longer Odds6 Alot to Hoffa F: 1612B(8) W(55)( J- Mikayla Weir )( T- Ben Blay )Just needs some luck to figure in the finish.
RemarksMany quality provincial types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 5.30Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 7 $ 8.10Place3 10 $ 2.70Quinella 5:7 $ 64.90Trifecta 5:7:10 $ 883.70First4 5:7:10:1 $ 2900.90Double 1/5 $ 32.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - INGLIS SILVER SLIPPER STAKES (G2)Time: 4:05 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Cellsabeel F: 41B(2) W(54.5)Scratched from the Inglis Millennium due to the track. Gets conditions to suit here and it looked special last start. Top chance.Main Danger2 Global Quest F: 1X2B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Beaten last start but it should be better for the run. Looked good winning on debut and a repeat effort would take it close.Next Best3 Blaze A Trail F: 3XB(8) W(56.5)( T- P & P Snowden )The form out of its first run has stacked up well enough. Was sent for a spell and that's a good sign. Could resume in fine order.Include in Multis5 Every Rose F: 1229B(7) W(54.5)( J- Rachel King )Far too good to leave out of calculations. Disappointing last start but its form prior was impressive. Don't rule out.Longer Odds1 Farnan F: 110B(3) W(56.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )WonDividends : $5.40 $1.80Go on its prior form.
RemarksAn interesting guide to the Golden Slipper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.40Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 1:2 $ 20.60Trifecta 1:2:4 $ 283.10First4 1:2:4:8 $ 2721.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TAB MILLIE FOX STAKES (G2)Time: 4:40 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Savatiano F: 4101XB(3) W(56)WonDividends : $1.80 $1.30It's the best horse in this field and could show why. The small field isn't ideal but it could pick up where it left off last prep.Main Danger3 Invincible Gem F: 37042B(6) W(56)Returned to form when running second last start. Bowman rides and it could score an overdue win.Next Best1 White Moss F: 190X3B(2) W(57)( T- Jason Coyle )PlacedDividend : $2.10A touch short in the market but it's coming off a tidy third placing. Likes this track and distance, so include in win bets.Include in Multis5 Irithea F: 0X627B(5) W(55)Owns good tactical speed and it could lead and try kick hard around the turn. Capable despite the conditions.Longer Odds4 Miss Fabulass F: 77182B(4) W(56)Good enough to allow another chance.
RemarksCompact field with an even market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.80Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 2.10Quinella 1:2 $ 3.60Trifecta 2:1:3 $ 11.90First4 2:1:3:5 $ 35.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BLUE DATTO FOUNDATION HANDICAPTime: 5:15 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Black Magnum F: 235X1B(3) W(53.5)( J- Robbie Dolan )Impressive winner fresh up and it has been backed to repeat the effort. 53.5kg on the back certainly helps. Top chance.Main Danger1 Greyworm F: 1311XB(7) W(60.5)( J- J Van Overmeire )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $4.00 $2.30Twice a winner fresh up and that was from only three attempts. Big weight but it has class on its side. Goes into the mix.Next Best8 River Bird F: 14X39B(5) W(52)( T- Jason Coyle )Better than advertised and dropping to the 52kg is going to help. Good enough to win three consecutive races when last in work.Include in Multis3 Wagner F: 6X134B(4) W(58)Winner fresh up and has run two solid races since. Worth including here and it could add some value at the price.Longer Odds2 Spending to Win F: 0X179B(2) W(59.5)( T- P & P Snowden )PlacedDividend : $5.70Owns upset claims.
RemarksValue throughout this market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.00Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 5.70Quinella 1:2 $ 24.40Trifecta 1:2:4 $ 99.40First4 1:2:4:6 $ 519.60Double 2+/1 $ 5.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - PARRAMATTA CUPTime: 5:50 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Etana F: 05251B(3) W(53)It took a long time to regain its winning form but did so in nice fashion last start. 53kg on the back and it could flash home late again.Main Danger9 Fun Fact F: 26351B(11) W(53)( J- Jay Ford )Hard to beat because it makes its own luck out in front. It can be hard to chase in the wet and that makes Fun Fact a leading contender.Next Best10 Toryjoy F: 10353B(7) W(53)Enjoys running with the light weight and it looked good winning fresh up. Chance if it returns to that form.Include in Multis2 Red Cardinal F: X540XB(8) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $3.30Has shown form early in its campaign in the past. Runs at each-way odds here and conditions are ideal.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Eastender F: 530X6B(5) W(57)PlacedDividend : $4.80Could be the forgotten runner. Knows how to win race and the odds appeal.
RemarksAnother wide-open field to start the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.60Place1 1 $ 2.60Place2 4 $ 4.80Place3 2 $ 3.30Quinella 1:4 $ 97.90Trifecta 1:4:2 $ 493.50First4 1:4:2:5 $ 22068.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) Eastender(8) Etana (9) Fun FactR7 (1) Castelvecchio(2) Microphone (5) KubrickR8 (2) Cradle Mountain(4) Master Of Wine (7) DjukonR9 (5) Positive Peace(10) Bottega (13) SubpoenaedQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ARROWFIELD HOBARTVILLE STAKES (G2)Time: 6:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Microphone F: X3X61B(10) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Wore them down nicely to score last start and it could continue with that form. Tricky draw but it might not be the worst place to be.Main Danger5 Kubrick F: 4501XB(9) W(56.5)( J- Brenton Avdulla )Past winner fresh up and it could rise to another level this season. Shouldn't be overlooked and punters are getting good odds.Next Best1 Castelvecchio F: 4722XB(6) W(56.5)( T- Richard Litt )Punters know what they're going to get. It will get back and flash home late. Not easy to win this fresh up but it has been confidently backed.Include in Multis4 Shadow Hero F: 3115XB(7) W(56.5)( J- Joshua Parr )Good enough to win back-to-back races last time in work. Wants further but it shouldn't be overlooked. Has ability.Longer Odds6 Prince Fawaz F: 1X68XB(1) W(56.5)( J- J Van Overmeire )( T- Anthony Cummings )Another runner that will be doing its best work late. Chance.
RemarksLovely field and the form will be a good guide to the autumn features
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 40.70Place1 8 $ 6.90Place2 10 $ 3.10Place3 2 $ 1.30Quinella 8:10 $ 210.90Trifecta 8:10:2 $ 1699.90First4 8:10:2:7 $ 29969.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ADVANCED READYMIX HANDICAPTime: 7:10 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Cradle Mountain F: 03X71B(5) W(59)( T- Clare Cunningham )Took a long time to find its winning groove once again. It happened last start and the floodgates could open now.Main Danger7 Djukon F: 1112XB(8) W(56)Imported runner that brings in very impressive form. That usually stacks up nicely and Bowman rides. Watch for a market push.Next Best4 Master Of Wine F: 2311XB(4) W(58)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $5.90 $1.90Showed its true ability when notching back-to-back wins last preparation. Could kick off this prep with a big run.Include in Multis8 Ken's Dream F: 08662B(1) W(54)( J- Louise Day )Needs to gain some confidence but that should have come when running second last start. Due for a win.Longer Odds12 Nobu F: 2114XB(8) W(52)Being down in the weights helps. Chance.
RemarksAn even market is presented to punters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.90Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 4.00Place3 1 $ 3.40Quinella 4:11 $ 44.40Trifecta 4:11:1 $ 932.20First4 4:11:1:8 $ 3199.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SHARP EXTENSIVE IT HANDICAPTime: 7:50 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Subpoenaed F: 160X1B(12) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Impressive winner fresh up and it should prove tough to beat. Owns a win over Catalyst and only two horses can boast that.Main Danger10 Bottega F: 1139XB(13) W(55.5)( T- Gerald Ryan )Looked very impressive winning its first two starts. Didn't fire in two runs since, but the break should have done it some good.Next Best5 Positive Peace F: 2X211B(9) W(58)WonDividends : $4.90 $2.00The Baker stable is running hot of late and this runner is attributing to that. Comes off two impressive wins and must be included.Include in Multis9 Asiago F: 1181XB(6) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.50Good enough to win four of its last five starts. Shows a good turn-of-foot and has run well fresh in the past.Longer Odds7 Oriental Runner F: 32469B(1) W(57.5)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )( T- Garry Neale )Looks set for a return to form.
RemarksAnother big betting market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.90Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 13 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 2.50Quinella 5:13 $ 7.70Trifecta 5:13:9 $ 114.40First4 5:13:9:2 $ 2914.00Double 4/5 $ 19.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 7, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%