Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - EXCEED AND EXCEL @ DARLEY HANDICAPTime: 3:35 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Chianti F:B(1) W(56)( T- Kris Lees )WonDividends : $11.70 $2.20A winner of two trials and it looks ready for a big effort. Punters are getting value odds and it has the inside draw with Bowman riding.Main Danger6 Deniki F: 2B(2) W(57)( T- Mark Newnham )Has had the benefit of a race day start. That bodes well for a good run here and there has been a lot of money come its way.Next Best1 War Memorial F: 3B(5) W(58.5)Third behind a decent type on debut. Won a trial at Wyong coming into this and it shouldn't be too far away.Include in Multis4 Sabor F:B(3) W(58)Likely to hit the ground running and kick strongly at the top of the straight. Nothing wrong with its trial win.Longer Odds5 Squanto F:B(5) W(58)( T- Gary Portelli )PlacedDividend : $3.50Solid trial and the odds appeal.
RemarksSome nice types in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 11.70Place1 8 $ 2.20Place2 5 $ 3.50Place3 9 $ 2.20Quinella 5:8 $ 97.30Trifecta 8:5:9 $ 512.20First4 8:5:9:2 $ 4852.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TAB VENUE MODE PLATETime: 4:10 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Kinane F: 2XB(4) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.50Ran second on debut before being spelled immediately. Should return in fine order and late support is coming for it.Main Danger5 Astralis F: 26X22B(3) W(55)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Should have won a race this campaign, but it had to settle for second place twice. Gets its chance now and we're expecting a top run.Next Best2 Good Stock F: 9X3B(7) W(57)WonDividends : $2.90 $2.20Much better run for third last start after running ninth on debut. Drawn a touch awkwardly so expect it to push forward.Include in Multis6 Joliette F: X6324B(5) W(55)Mixing its form but it's rarely far away from them. Just needs to find a half-length to win. Each-way odds available.Longer Odds1 Chariots Of Fire F: 90XB(2) W(57)( J- Nash Rawiller )( T- John Thompson )Improvement is expected now.
RemarksA small but good field lines up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.90Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 3 $ 2.50Quinella 2:3 $ 9.40Trifecta 2:3:7 $ 175.10First4 2:3:7:6 $ 500.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - HYLAND RACE COLOURS PLATETime: 4:45 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Twice As Special F: 43X53B(10) W(55)( T- Jason Coyle )Nice run for third last start and it could improve on that effort. Gets in light and there is good specking. Chance in an even field.Main Danger7 Haven F:B(8) W(55)( J- Rachel King )( T- John Thompson )Scored a trial win leading in and it has been found in the betting. That's a good sign, so watch for further betting moves.Next Best1 Brabham F: 6B(9) W(57)Just held its ground on debut but it should improve with the run. Bowman rides and it's coming in for support. Chance.Include in Multis10 Smart Success F: 2B(6) W(55)Didn't do much wrong on debut and it's at long odds to win. Could run a big race at value odds.Longer Odds9 Pizzly F: 42B(5) W(55)PlacedDividend : $3.50The Waller/McDonald combo could strike and the odds are juicy.
RemarksPlenty of each-way runners in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.10Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 9 $ 3.50Place3 8 $ 4.60Quinella 4:9 $ 26.80Trifecta 4:9:8 $ 535.00First4 4:9:8:11 $ 2492.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SKY RACING ACTIVE HANDICAPTime: 5:20 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'10 Willowheart F: 1X13B(2) W(55)Raced against a hot field last start. Its two wins prior were quality and running at 55kg is ideal. We're surprised at the odds available.Main Danger1 Segalas F: 116X1B(8) W(59)( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.40In winning form after scoring in three of its last four starts. A professional type that could continue its impressive form.Next Best2 Intrepidacious F: 42X21B(3) W(58)( J- Louise Day )( T- John O'Shea )PlacedDividend : $2.20Settled on the speed and battled best last start. Likely to kick on with it now and it's drawn to get every chance.Include in Multis9 The Man F: X1423B(1) W(55.5)A consistent runner with the ability to cause a slight upset. Gets the inside draw and the odds are appealing.Longer Odds6 Famous F: 9218XB(4) W(56.5)Enigmatic type but it's dangerous on its day.
RemarksCracking field for a midweek race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.50Place1 3 $ 2.50Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 2 $ 2.20Quinella 1:3 $ 10.70Trifecta 3:1:2 $ 144.30First4 3:1:2:9 $ 1239.50Double 4+/3 $ 67.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Segalas(2) Intrepidacious (10) WillowheartR5 (1) High Low Bet(2) Phemonoe (8) She's FearlessR6 (3) Creator(5) Two Big Fari (8) Mr Wong (9) Olympic LegendR7 (4) Knowitall Jack(6) New Arrangement (11) LewisQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ALL TOO HARD @ VINERY HANDICAPTime: 5:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Phemonoe F: 121B(7) W(60.5)( T- James Cummings )It's yet to do much wrong after winning two of its three starts. Goes up in weight and from a tricky draw, but it looks to be the best of them.Main Danger8 She's Fearless F: 33234B(8) W(57)( T- Bjorn Baker )Kiwi runner that has good top-end ability. Doesn't win as often as it should, but the change in environment could help.Next Best1 High Low Bet F: X3411B(4) W(60.5)WonDividends : $6.80 $2.30In flying form after posting back-to-back wins. It owns two wins on this track and it's paying better odds than expected.Include in Multis12 Got Your Six F: 338X7B(9) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.00Talented on its day and it should be fitter for the fresh up run. Likely to go forward from the wide draw.Longer Odds10 Singing River F: 23X53B(10) W(56.5)( J- Jessica Taylor )( T- Jason Coyle )Yet to put in a bad run, so it's good enough to go close.
RemarksAnother open field with good odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.80Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 12 $ 3.00Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 1:12 $ 39.80Trifecta 1:12:3 $ 682.30First4 1:12:3:6 $ 9194.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - RANVET HANDICAPTime: 6:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Two Big Fari F: 1X121B(13) W(59)( T- Todd Howlett )WonDividends : $4.20 $2.00Its wins have come in Highway Handicap races, but that form should be solid for this race. Just needs cover from the wide draw.Main Danger3 Creator F: X406XB(8) W(60.5)Form doesn't appear flattering, but it's better than advertised. Has backing in the market and that's a good sign.Next Best9 Olympic Legend F: 8214B(6) W(58)( T- Les Bridge )Always respect runners from this stable. Owns a win this campaign and it could get back to winning form.Include in Multis8 Mr Wong F: 73X14B(4) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )( T- Stephen Jones )PlacedDividend : $2.80Had no luck in a Highway Handicap last start. It got held up but its win prior was a better form guide. Chance.Longer Odds12 Mubariz F: X337XB(9) W(57)PlacedDividend : $4.60Import which could surprise them.
RemarksGood value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.20Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 8 $ 2.80Place3 12 $ 4.60Quinella 5:8 $ 15.00Trifecta 5:8:12 $ 222.80First4 5:8:12:13 $ 6007.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 8, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SCHWEPPES HANDICAPTime: 7:05 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 New Arrangement F: 2113XB(8) W(59)Imported runner that has form over this distance. Looks tough to beat on that form and it's good to see tote support.Main Danger4 Knowitall Jack F: 7X415B(7) W(60)( J- Robbie Dolan )( T- Mark Newnham )Talented on its day, as it showed when winning earlier this campaign. Generous odds offered by bookmakers.Next Best11 Lewis F: 121X9B(4) W(57.5)( J- Nash Rawiller )Didn't fire fresh up but it's better than that. Should be going better with that run under the belt.Include in Multis12 On The White Turf F: 90X16B(13) W(57.5)( T- R & M Freedman )PlacedDividend : $2.30Drawn wide but it looked good winning fresh up and a repeat performance would take it close. Chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Laure Me In F: 6X429B(5) W(60.5)( T- David Pfieffer )PlacedDividend : $3.70Include as it has ability on its day.
RemarksAnother wide-open field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 20.20Place1 7 $ 5.60Place2 3 $ 3.70Place3 12 $ 2.30Quinella 3:7 $ 128.00Trifecta 7:3:12 $ 2067.40First4 7:3:12:1 $ 33215.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%