Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PRESS STATEMENT @ VINERY HANDICAPTime: 3:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Hulk F: 2927B(4) W(59)Twice-placed from four starts and it has plenty of upside. Yet to face a field this easy and the early money is on, which is a great sign.Main Danger3 Contango F:B(6) W(57.5)( J- Jason Collett )( T- Bjorn Baker )Improved trial effort when second at Rosehill last start. Comes from a betting stable so it would pay to follow the money.Next Best7 Luvoir F: 3B(8) W(57.5)( T- R & M Freedman )Ran at odds on debut but ran on nicely for third at Canterbury. Came against a small field but the increase in numbers could help its chances.Include in Multis9 Living Rocks F: 2B(9) W(56.5)( J- Tommy Berry )Made up good ground in the straight on debut. That form looks good for this run and punters are getting good each-way odds again.Longer Odds4 Fast Melody F:B(7) W(57.5)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Likely to show good barrier speed and it could hold on to run in the money.
RemarksSome talented types lining up here
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WINTER RACING HANDICAPTime: 4:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Achondrite F: 521X3B(1) W(59)Scratched from an easier field on Tuesday and that's a good sign. Drawn the rails here and it has been well-backed accordingly. Top chance.Main Danger1 Front Sight F: X2124B(2) W(61.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )Has been around the mark throughout its career. Still has room for improvement and is drawn to get a top run from the draw. Right in this.Next Best3 Almerheri F: 18X34B(6) W(59)( J- Nash Rawiller )( T- John Thompson )Another runner which is improving with time. Hasn't been all that far away in two runs this campaign so keep safe here.Include in Multis9 Oribella F: 321B(11) W(55)( J- Travis Wolfgram )( T- P & P Snowden )Capped off two placings with a last-start win. Drawn wide here which doesn't help but it has a nice turn-of-foot. Right in this at odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 El Guerrouj F: 2B(8) W(55)Over the odds after showing plenty on debut. Longer odds than expected so keep safe.
RemarksAnother field where the form should stack up well
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ANZ BLOODSTOCK NEWS HANDICAPTime: 4:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Waka F: X5311B(13) W(59.5)( T- James Cummings )Back-to-back wins coming into this and it has shown a good turn-of-foot in both. Drawing wide won't be an issue over this distance.Main Danger8 Castel Sant'angelo F: 23412B(1) W(56.5)( J- Tim Clark )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Owns good barrier speed and just needs to finish the race off a little better. Gets the inside draw so it won't have to work very hard.Next Best6 Makdanife F: 77334B(6) W(58)Knocking on the door of a win after some steady recent efforts. Drawn the middle of the pack and it should launch its claim in the straight.Include in Multis5 Keep Up F: 87024B(10) W(58.5)( J- Jason Collett )( T- Clare Cunningham )Finding it tough to win a race this preparation but it has been getting too far back in the run. Could finish over better than most here.Longer Odds7 Hirokin F: 16407B(9) W(57.5)( J- Mathew A Cahill )( T- Jarrod Austin )Back-to-back wins to open this campaign so stick with it.
RemarksLooks an even field on paper
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TAB HANDICAPTime: 5:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Lifetime Quest F: 2X223B(5) W(57.5)Has been well backed and we're not surprised. Hasn't been out of the placings yet and that record shouldn't come under threat here. Top chance.Main Danger1 Cuba F: 416X2B(1) W(60)( J- Blaike McDougall )( T- John Thompson )Owns plenty of ability and was close to the mark when second fresh up last start. Drawn well and it has been specked at each-way odds.Next Best9 Perfect Pitch F: 43682B(2) W(56)( J- Glyn Schofield )( T- Gary Portelli )More than capable of handling a field of this nature. Just needs to get some confidence back and win a race, but this is its chance.Include in Multis3 Obelos F: 3X62XB(6) W(59)Had only two runs last campaign which is concerning, but the ability is there. Respect the stable/jockey combo.Longer Odds8 Lancaster Bomber F: 02233B(8) W(56.5)( J- Glen Boss )( T- Richard Litt )Four consecutive placings coming into this and it could go slightly better. Include.
RemarksMost of the money with the favourite
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Cuba(6) Lifetime QuestR5 (1) Bennelong Dancer(3) Juventus (6) Bel Diablo (10) RivieraR6 (1) Knowitall Jack(7) Da Power (8) Seel the Deel (15) High Low BetR7 (1) Spanish Dream(6) Intrepidacious (7) Making Whoopee (9) BallisticaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - STREET BOSS @ DARLEY HANDICAPTime: 5:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Bel Diablo F: 1X411B(9) W(57.5)( J- Jake Pracey-Holmes )( T- David J Smith )Great value on offer here after scoring back-to-back wins. Confidence is up and it has always had the ability to win at this level.Main Danger1 Bennelong Dancer F: 7213XB(2) W(59)( J- Blaike McDougall )( T- Donna Scott )Tough to overlook the money coming for it. Looked good when scoring fresh up last campaign and a similar run could be on the cards here.Next Best3 Juventus F: 3249XB(7) W(58.5)Didn't win a race last time in work but looked much better prior to that. Scored two wins from two starts and having James McDonald in the saddle is ideal.Include in Multis10 Riviera F: 5X530B(10) W(53.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Disappointing last time out but dropping to 53.5kg will help. Dangerous down in the weights and it has been nicely backed throughout the week.Longer Odds4 Star Crossed F: 1X407B(3) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )( T- Phillip Atkins )Could turnaround some poor recent form. Include here.
RemarksMany each-way types lining up
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - EVEREST CARNIVAL HANDICAPTime: 6:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Knowitall Jack F: 4X131B(6) W(60.5)( J- Robbie Dolan )( T- Mark Newnham )Two wins from three starts this campaign. Has good tactical speed and it gets some weight off its back via the apprentice claim.Main Danger7 Da Power F: 6X121B(7) W(58.5)Another which has won two from three this time in. Most of those have come in easier grades but it looks capable here. Hugh Bowman rides.Next Best8 Seel the Deel F: 3X116B(5) W(58.5)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- Ron Quinton )Looked good winning consecutive races earlier this prep and that form should hold well.Include in Multis15 High Low Bet F: X4314B(8) W(56)( J- Nash Rawiller )Has had good opportunities to score this campaign and not taken them. However, Waller is persisting and that's a good sign. Chance.Longer Odds10 The Bald Eagle F: 2X161B(13) W(57.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Impressive effort last start and there's more good wins in store.
RemarksWinning form is spread throughout this field
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 10, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - AUSTRALIAN TURF CLUB HANDICAPTime: 6:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Making Whoopee F: 2X1B(9) W(58)( T- Anthony Cummings )Impressive last start win to break maidens. Tricky draw here but James McDonald rides and he'll get it into a good spot.Main Danger9 Ballistica F: 2520XB(5) W(57.5)( J- Tim Clark )( T- Bjorn Baker )Not the most consistent type in the world but it has good ability. Owns talent and shouldn't be all that far away.Next Best6 Intrepidacious F: 9X351B(6) W(58)( J- Louise Day )( T- John O'Shea )Comes into this having won well last time out. Likely to improve with the run and rise through the grades.Include in Multis1 Spanish Dream F: 1231XB(11) W(62)( J- Kathy O'Hara )( T- Paul Cave )Capped off its last campaign with a win. Not easy with the big weight but there is good support in betting markets. Chance.Longer Odds2 Kawaikini F: X5852B(13) W(60)( J- Jessica Taylor )( T- Jason Coyle )Much improved run last time out. Only needs to navigate the wide draw.
RemarksAnother even field to close the card
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%