Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SKY RACING ACTIVE PLATETime: 3:35 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Formentera F: 4B(6) W(56)Ran well enough on debut to be considered here. Likely to go forward and it's paying generous odds. Chance.Main Danger2 Damaged F: 2B(4) W(56)WonDividends : $1.90 $1.10Second on debut behind a speedy type and it has since won a tria. Most of the money has come for it, so keep safe.Next Best6 Never Never River F:B(1) W(56)( T- Gerald Ryan )Its two trials wins coming into this have been very impressive. It gets the inside draw and it could be too speedy for them.Include in Multis1 Codebreaker F:B(5) W(56)( J- Joshua Parr )PlacedDividend : $3.50Has been well backed on debut and they often run well from this stable. Keep safe.Longer Odds4 Hot Spring Gold F: 7XB(3) W(56)( J- Nash Rawiller )Could add some spice to multiples.
RemarksPlenty of nice types in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.90Place1 2 $ 1.10Place2 1 $ 3.50Quinella 1:2 $ 7.30Trifecta 2:1:3 $ 27.80First4 2:1:3:6 $ 73.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BISLEY WORKWEAR PLATETime: 4:10 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Raison D'etre F:B(2) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.00Wasn't asked to do much at the trials and it has been smashed in the betting. Respect the stable/jockey combination.Main Danger5 Heroess F:B(10) W(56)Did the job at the trials and it's likely to head forward from the draw. Drifting in the market but it's giving punters more value.Next Best8 Miss Canada F: 22B(1) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.40Two starts for two second placings. It gets the inside draw and having race experience helps. Right in the mix.Include in Multis3 Drizzle F:B(7) W(56)Better at the trials when third last time out. In the right hands and punters are getting good value. Chance.Longer Odds10 Too Much Class F:B(6) W(56)( J- Joshua Parr )Trial winner which could score a minor upset.
RemarksAnother field where many should break maidens soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 28.90Place1 4 $ 5.20Place2 9 $ 1.00Place3 8 $ 1.40Quinella 4:9 $ 25.80Trifecta 4:9:8 $ 399.70First4 4:9:8:5 $ 913.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - HYLAND RACE COLOURS PLATETime: 4:45 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Battleground F: 22B(5) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.10Back-to-back second placings to kick off its career. Very short in the betting, but it looks the one to beat. It goes on top.Main Danger9 Twice As Special F: 3X534B(8) W(56.5)( T- Jason Coyle )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.40Hit the line nicely last time out and it gets in well on the weights. Just needs some pace in the race to finish off stylishly.Next Best5 Flinders F: X443XB(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Handy when third last time out and it gets every chance off an inside draw. McDonald rides and it doesn't need to improve much to win.Include in Multis2 Activation F: 3B(9) W(58.5)( J- Tommy Berry )Did enough when third on debut to warrant attention. Firming in slightly and it could pay to watch market moves.Longer Odds7 Natanya F: 7422XB(1) W(57)( J- J Van Overmeire )( T- Anthony Cummings )Consistent type that could add some value to calculations.
RemarksThe favourite dominates the market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 4.00Place1 9 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 1.10Place3 5 $ 1.50Quinella 3:9 $ 2.70Trifecta 9:3:5 $ 22.90First4 9:3:5:2 $ 46.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TAB HANDICAPTime: 5:20 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Corncrake F: X3271B(4) W(57.5)( T- Matthew Smith )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.20Showed what it can do last time out. The rise in distance was key for this European import and it could continue winning.Main Danger4 Castel Sant'angelo F: 6X562B(1) W(56.5)Owns good barrier speed, so finding the front off the inside draw won't be difficult. Always needs to be respected at this level.Next Best7 Sacramento F: 00X11B(7) W(54)( J- Sam Clipperton )PlacedDividend : $2.60In hot form after back-to-back wins. Meets a harder field here but it should get every chance off the inside draw.Include in Multis6 Parry Sound F: 24431B(2) W(55.5)( T- John O'Shea )Easy winner at Gosford last start. Draws well, gets in nicely on the weights, and it shouldn't be far off them.Longer Odds1 Fairlight F: 47PX9B(3) W(58)It's better than what it showed last start. Consider at the odds.
RemarksA quality field that wouldn't look out of place on a Saturday
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.30Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 7 $ 2.60Place3 2 $ 2.50Quinella 3:7 $ 10.40Trifecta 3:7:2 $ 90.40First4 3:7:2:4 $ 413.10Double 9/3+ $ 7.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CASINO PRINCE @ VINERY HANDICAPTime: 5:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Kavalmo F: 150X3B(7) W(56)Firming in the market after running well for third fresh up. Hugh Bowman rides and it should be tough to beat. Generous odds.Main Danger2 Chat F: 41452B(1) W(60)( J- Nash Rawiller )( T- John Thompson )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Looked good last start when running second. The form out of that race stacks up well and it gets a good run off the inside draw.Next Best6 Good Stock F: 9X31B(3) W(58)Broke through for the win last time out. It looks good enough to kick on with it and it's likely to head forward and kick strongly.Include in Multis7 Havin' Fun F: 7X673B(6) W(57)( J- Sam Clipperton )( T- John Sargent )Showed ability early on, which would be good enough to win this race. Punters are getting value odds, so consider.Longer Odds4 Camp Rifle F: 17X49B(4) W(58.5)Better than what it showed last start. Consider.
RemarksAn even betting field in the opening leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.30Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 4.20Place3 11 $ 7.20Quinella 2:3 $ 23.90Trifecta 2:3:11 $ 1368.80First4 2:3:11:6 $ 3119.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Chat(6) Good Stock (7) Havin' Fun (9) KavalmoR6 (3) Segalas(5) Witherspoon (9) Military MagicR7 (4) Jetski(5) Beach BabyR8 (5) Cisco Bay(8) Loveseat (10) Gone Bye (11) MiyakeQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - EXCEED AND EXCEL @ DARLEY HANDICAPTime: 6:30 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Military Magic F: 111XB(3) W(55)( J- Cejay Graham )Indicative Odds: $2.80Unbeaten after three starts and it gets in nicely on the weights. Faces a stronger field here but it has plenty of upside.Main Danger3 Segalas F: 16X12B(8) W(59)Indicative Odds: $3.40Scored nicely fresh up before producing a good run for second. It's more than capable of handling this field, so include in win selections.Next Best5 Witherspoon F: 2X162B(10) W(58)( J- Louise Day )Indicative Odds: $4.80Second behind Grand Piano last start and that's good form for this race. Drawn wide but it could work over and sit handy.Include in Multis2 Rancho Notorious F: 4113XB(6) W(59.5)( T- Jason Coyle )Indicative Odds: $13.00Finds form quickly in its campaign and having McDonald riding helps. It's a consistent type that deserves attention.Longer Odds8 Omar F: 9X395B(5) W(56)( J- James Innes Jnr )( T- Gerald Ryan )Indicative Odds: $14.00Good enough to cause an upset. Include at odds.
RemarksQuality midweek field
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SCHWEPPES HANDICAP - HEAT OF THE RISING STARTime: 7:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Jetski F: 144X1B(5) W(60)( J- Cejay Graham )Indicative Odds: $4.40Can motor on its day and it's coming off a stylish win last time out. Good enough to handle this class, and the odds appeal.Main Danger5 Beach Baby F: 311X1B(4) W(59)( T- Joseph Pride )Indicative Odds: $3.80Shooting for its fourth consecutive win. Meets a harder field now but it has been confidently backed. Chance.Next Best2 Intrinsic F: 6X225B(7) W(60.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )Indicative Odds: $5.50Yet to win from three starts this time in, but it only needs to lift a touch to win. It has remained steady in the betting throughout.Include in Multis9 Feather F: X4241B(10) W(57.5)( J- Brock Ryan )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Indicative Odds: $6.50Last start winner that only needs luck from a wide barrier. Watch for it late in the piece.Longer Odds3 All From Scrap F: 47294B(2) W(60)( J- Louise Day )( T- David Atkins )Indicative Odds: $19.00It could spring a surprise result at big odds.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout this field
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TAB VENUE MODE HANDICAPTime: 7:40 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Loveseat F: 2913XB(3) W(55.5)Indicative Odds: $5.00Scored two wins last campaign and it could fire up fresh. Drawn well in barrier three and McDonald rides. Every chance of winning.Main Danger10 Gone Bye F: 1317B(12) W(55)Indicative Odds: $6.50Mixing its form but it's talented when right. It showed that two back when scoring and a repeat effort would take it close.Next Best5 Cisco Bay F: 23185B(6) W(58)( J- J Van Overmeire )( T- Maher/Eustace )Indicative Odds: $5.50Hasn't followed up a win with much, but it has been respected in the betting. It could run well at each-way odds.Include in Multis7 Creator F: 406X6B(11) W(57)Indicative Odds: $9.00It has been facing some tough fields of late, so it should find this slightly easier. Chance with a good ride from out wide.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'11 Miyake F: 9X512B(9) W(54)Indicative Odds: $10.00Good enough to win and carrying 54kg helps. Include.
RemarksAnother quality each-way field
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 7, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%