Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SUPERIOR FOOD SERVICES GRAND HANDICAP MILETime: 3:05 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Rainbow Thief F: X4321B(7) W(58)( T- Michael Moroney )PlacedDividend : $1.20Impressive win last start and it looks likely to go on with it. It has been well-backed to win and that's a good sign.Main Danger7 Skiddaw F: 319X2B(5) W(55.5)Owns notable wins against quality fields. Good run for second fresh up and it's well worth including at the weights.Next Best3 Seberate F: 38231B(6) W(60)( J- Luke Nolen )Comes into this after scoring an overdue win and it has always had the ability. Conditions suit and the odds are generous.Include in Multis4 Sunday Pray F: 26232B(2) W(60)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- John Moloney )Getting close to a win after three consecutive placings. Just needs some confidence to get over the line.Longer Odds8 Sentimentalist F: 797X1B(4) W(54.5)( T- T & K O'Sullivan )Last start winner which could run well at odds.
RemarksGood race to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.90Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 5 $ 4.00Place3 6 $ 1.20Quinella 1:5 $ 69.00Trifecta 1:5:6 $ 347.10First4 1:5:6:7 $ 1415.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LAMARO'S HOTEL GRAND HANDICAP CLASSICTime: 3:40 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Grand Promenade F: 33111B(8) W(59)( J- John Allen )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.30Tough to look past its recent wins. Shooting for four in a row and it should enjoy running over this distance, given its breeding. Top chance.Main Danger8 Clementina F: 54644B(9) W(53.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Gets in with only 53.5kg on its back. Finding it tough to win but it's still maturing and there has been good betting support.Next Best6 Igniter F: 42222B(6) W(55)( J- Dean Yendall )( T- Robbie Griffiths )Keeps finding one better, but it could go one better here. Four consecutive second placings, and that consistency can't be ignored.Include in Multis9 Reflect the Stars F: 8X215B(7) W(53.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Impressive win two back and it battled well enough last time out. Chance of causing a minor upset here.Longer Odds5 Yenhaab F: 74110B(2) W(56)( J- Mitchell Aitken )( T- Stephen Brown )Should get the distance and this is easier than its most recent run.
RemarksA good field of rising stayers
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.60Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 8 $ 1.50Quinella 3:9 $ 6.30Trifecta 3:9:8 $ 45.40First4 3:9:8:7 $ 111.40Double 1/3+ $ 10.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ARROWFIELD REDOUTE'S CHOICE STAKESTime: 4:15 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Masseuse F: 2B(4) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.50Plenty to like about its debut performance behind Hard Rock Girl. It made up a stack of ground late and that experience helps.Main Danger2 Celestial Sol F:B(1) W(57)Well-backed early in the week but it's drifting now. Scored a trial win with ease, but you'd want to see a betting move on race day.Next Best5 River Night F: 3X92B(3) W(55)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.80Not beaten far last start, and it came behind a nice type. Should get every chance in the small field.Longer Odds1 Destination F: 164B(2) W(58)( J- Brad Rawiller )( T- James Cummings )Winner on debut and the odds are too good to pass up.
RemarksThe form out of this race could stack up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.40Place1 5 $ 1.80Place2 6 $ 1.50Quinella 5:6 $ 4.00Trifecta 5:6:2 $ 17.80First4 5:6:2:1 $ 24.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BROWNS SAWDUST & SHAVINGS VOBIS GOLD REEFTime: 4:50 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Thought Of That F: 110X7B(6) W(59)Its top-end ability is very good. Needed the fresh up run last start and it deserves to be well respected in this race. Should go close.Main Danger7 Parmie F: 63264B(8) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.40Another runner that has contested stronger fields than this. Yet to win this campaign but it struck form this time last preparation. A top contender.Next Best4 Western Sun F: 13X22B(2) W(57)( T- Matt Cumani )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.10A one-race winner but it has placed in all three runs since. Getting close to a statement win and it could come here.Include in Multis6 Euphorique F: 31B(1) W(57)PlacedDividend : $3.10Last start winner which could kick on with it. Chance with all luck in running.Longer Odds10 Bons Abroad F: 21X02B(3) W(55)Not quite Bons Away, but good enough to go in the mix.
RemarksA wide-open and big field lines up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.60Place1 4 $ 2.10Place2 7 $ 1.40Place3 6 $ 3.10Quinella 4:7 $ 10.10Trifecta 4:7:6 $ 116.50First4 4:7:6:2 $ 773.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - MORNINGTON CUP PRELUDETime: 5:25 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Secret Blaze F: 12182B(4) W(57)( T- T & C McEvoy )PlacedDividend : $1.20Finds a field that it could take advantage of. Good second placing last start and it has plenty to give here. Follow the money trial.Main Danger2 Odeon F: 21426B(2) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Not always the easiest horse to follow. Won well four back and has been competitive without winning since. Include in win selections.Next Best6 Inverloch F: 08X72B(6) W(54)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Busuttin/Young )WonDividends : $10.50 $2.50Better when second last start, which was a good return to form. Chance here against an even field.Include in Multis3 Vaucluse Bay F: X2112B(5) W(57.5)Good enough to score back-to-back wins before running second last time out. Bowman rides, so keep safe.Longer Odds8 Stars Of Carrum F: 490X5B(7) W(54)( T- Pat Carey )It's long overdue a winning turn. It could come here at odds.
RemarksNot much separating most of these
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.50Place1 6 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 1.20Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 4:6 $ 10.40Trifecta 6:4:2 $ 87.00First4 6:4:2:8 $ 841.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - INGLIS DASHTime: 6:05 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sartorial Splendor F: 319X9B(1) W(59.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- John Sadler )Punters should forgive its fresh up run. It's much better than that and each-way odds are available. Getting the inside draw helps.Main Danger6 Wayupinthesky F: 1355XB(3) W(56.5)( T- P & P Snowden )PlacedDividend : $1.40Found form early last campaign and anything close would be good enough to win this race. Expecting big bets to come on race day.Next Best2 Excess Funds F: 68X14B(10) W(57)( T- Levi Kavanagh )WonDividends : $5.60 $1.90Showed its ability winning fresh. Entitled to be a little tired last start and it could bounce back in good order. Include.Include in Multis8 Excused F: 3287XB(11) W(55)PlacedDividend : $3.00Scored its only career win fresh up. It has the ability and although this is a tough field, it could storm home late at odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Excelida F: 2173XB(2) W(55)( J- Damien Oliver )Include for value at double-figure odds. It has the ability to take this out.
RemarksA big field with many capable types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.60Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 6 $ 1.40Place3 8 $ 3.00Quinella 2:6 $ 10.00Trifecta 2:6:8 $ 106.60First4 2:6:8:5 $ 1514.20Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Sartorial Splendor(2) Excess Funds (6) WayupintheskyR7 (4) Regal Power(9) Melody Belle (11) Alligator BloodR8 (1) Hellova Street(2) Admiral's Joker (3) Gold FieldsR9 (2) Battle Storm(6) Leiter (10) Gododdin (18) Phoenix GlobalQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ALL-STAR MILETime: 6:45 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'11 Alligator Blood F: 11111B(10) W(56)( J- Ryan Maloney )( T- David Vandyke )It's an absolute superstar, which has 10 wins from 11 starts. Likely to push forward from the barrier, set them up, and kick away. Lovely type and decent odds available.Main Danger9 Melody Belle F: 112X3B(5) W(57)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.70The Kiwi champ will go close. Drawn to get every chance in the run and what race can't Te Akau win at the moment? A must-include selection.Next Best4 Regal Power F: 16142B(3) W(59)( J- William Pike )( T- G & A Williams )WonDividends : $11.20 $2.90We were taken by the way it finished off last start. It's harder here but the odds are too good to pass up. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis1 Kolding F: 11X45B(7) W(59)Looks set for a big race and ruling it out would be a mistake. It knows how to win the big races and everything has led to this point.Longer Odds13 Superstorm F: 15412B(14) W(56)( T- G & A Williams )PlacedDividend : $4.00Another Perth runner that could create an upset.
RemarksThe big money is on the line, and what a race it should be
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 11.20Place1 4 $ 2.90Place2 13 $ 4.00Place3 9 $ 1.70Quinella 4:13 $ 53.10Trifecta 4:13:9 $ 801.40First4 4:13:9:3 $ 5096.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ANNIVERSARY VASETime: 7:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Admiral's Joker F: 2X553B(8) W(58.5)( T- Kylie Vella )Unlikely to get a run in the All-Star Mile, so its chances look good here. It has been warming up nicely this season and a win looks close.Main Danger1 Hellova Street F: 42122B(6) W(59)( J- Billy Egan )( T- Scott Brunton )PlacedDividend : $1.90Quality type that rarely runs a bad race. It likes to settle close to the pace and show a good kick. That's tough to beat.Next Best3 Gold Fields F: 11834B(4) W(58.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Logan McGill )An experienced customer that was good enough to win three races earlier this preparation. Worth including.Include in Multis6 Scarlet Dream F: 7000XB(1) W(54)( J- Michael Poy )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )PlacedDividend : $3.20Looked better than average early on, but hasn't done anything since. Needs a confidence boost and it could come here.Longer Odds4 Guizot F: 52438B(5) W(55.5)( T- Aaron Purcell )WonDividends : $8.60 $2.00It's good enough to beat a field of this nature. Odds are surprising.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.60Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 6 $ 3.20Place3 1 $ 1.90Quinella 4:6 $ 57.50Trifecta 4:6:1 $ 611.60First4 4:6:1:2 $ 1525.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - NICK JOHNSTONE REAL ESTATE GRAND HANDICAP SPRINTTime: 7:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Battle Storm F: 1115XB(2) W(62)( J- William Pike )( T- John Price )Indicative Odds: $7.00It knows how to win and having Pike in the saddle helps. Scored five consecutive wins to open its career, so the class is there.Main Danger6 Leiter F: 3X721B(4) W(59)( J- Ben Thompson )( T- Tom Hughes )Indicative Odds: $5.50Returned to form with a quality win at Moonee Valley. Could stick on with it now, and punters are getting solid odds.Next Best18 Phoenix Global F: X42X1B(12) W(53)Indicative Odds: $2.60Scored with ease against a much easier field last start. Gets in with only 53kg on its back, so it warrants attention.Include in Multis10 Gododdin F: 477X2B(10) W(57.5)( J- Brad Rawiller )( T- James Cummings )Indicative Odds: $6.50Usually finds form early in its campaign. Drawn a touch wide but it only needs luck to figure in the finish.Longer Odds5 Grandview Avenue F: 14433B(3) W(59)( J- John Allen )( T- Simon Ryan )Indicative Odds: $26.00Consider as a knockout chance at odds.
RemarksCracking field to close the card
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 10, 18RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%