Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MRC FOUNDATION SUPPORTS LEGACY HANDICAPTime: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'12 Pippie F: 127X1B(1) W(56)( J- Ben Melham )( T- J & C Meagher )WonDividends : $3.50 $2.00Connections are confident of a big campaign and it scored easily last time out. Gets the inside draw and we're excited to see what it could do.Main Danger16 Diamond Effort F: X211XB(16) W(54)( T- Clinton McDonald )PlacedDividend : $2.30Last two wins were very impressive and it makes the step up in class now. Has been well backed throughout the week so it should go close.Next Best10 Gododdin F: X1014B(8) W(56.5)Twice a winner already this campaign and it has a fair amount of speed. Drifting in the betting but is worth following.Include in Multis2 Tony Nicconi F: X6X04B(7) W(61)( J- Lachlan King )Much better effort for fourth last time out and it has experience running in big races. Deserves a shot at them here.Longer Odds4 Bryan F: 5X750B(17) W(60)( T- Jarrod McLean )Capable of causing an upset as shown last campaign.
RemarksQuality types running in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 3.50Place1 12 $ 2.00Place2 16 $ 2.30Place3 9 $ 3.80Quinella 12:16 $ 9.00Trifecta 12:16:9 $ 156.00First4 12:16:9:2 $ 1374.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 10, 12, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BLACK CAVIAR TRIBUTE HANDICAPTime: 2:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Benitoite F: 61171B(7) W(57.5)( T- Clinton McDonald )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.80Owns four wins from six starts and it has a nice future. This will be its seventh start during its first campaign and that's the only query.Main Danger5 Rat With Goldtooth F: X3432B(4) W(56.5)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Paul Preusker )Should enjoy the conditions and it has been promising to win a race this preparation. Has been well backed to win so consider.Next Best1 Toryjoy F: 82191B(2) W(60)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $1.80Sydney runner which has upside after winning two of its last three. Big weight but it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis6 Paint The Town Two F: 54212B(5) W(54)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- Bevan Laming )Sprinted well for second last time out when getting too far back in the run.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Vitani F: 43X38B(3) W(54)( T- Wendy Kelly )Chance down in the weights at odds.
RemarksLooks one of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.40Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 11.00Place3 1 $ 1.80Quinella 2:11 $ 149.40Trifecta 2:11:1 $ 1347.60First4 2:11:1:6 $ 7501.30Double 12+/2 $ 9.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NITTO DENKO HANDICAPTime: 3:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Snitzepeg F: 5X073B(9) W(54)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- A & J Williams )Has talent but needs to start putting it together. Good third placing last start and down in the weights at 54kg helps.Main Danger6 New Universe F: 33691B(1) W(55.5)( T- Chris Waller )Enigmatic type which burst through for the win last time out. Gets an inside draw, light weight and every chance of winning again.Next Best8 Beau Balmain F: 1X332B(10) W(54)( T- Jim Conlan )Imported runner which has looked good since arriving in Australia. A win won't be far off and it has plenty of positives in its favour.Include in Multis5 Douglas Macarthur F: 7549XB(5) W(56.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Liam Howley )Imported runner which has been one of the best backed runners in the field. Looks likely to go close if the betting is anything to go by.Longer Odds9 King Of Leogrance F: X141XB(7) W(54)( T- Liam Howley )PlacedDividend : $3.10Drifting in the betting but looks a capable type.
RemarksLooks another even field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 7.00Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 10 $ 4.80Place3 9 $ 3.10Quinella 7:10 $ 58.10Trifecta 7:10:9 $ 1121.30First4 7:10:9:8 $ 4643.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BLUE STAR PRINT HANDICAPTime: 4:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Age Of Chivalry F: 122X5B(5) W(56)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Indicative Odds: $2.10Nice type on the rise and it ran on nicely for fifth last time out. Has been well backed and it should be fighting out the finish.Main Danger3 Shot of Irish F: X4221B(1) W(57.5)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Scott Brunton )Indicative Odds: $5.00Last start winner which could kick on with it now. Gets an easy run from the inside draw and it's rarely far away from the prize. Win hope.Next Best5 Smart Elissim F: 07122B(8) W(56.5)Indicative Odds: $4.60Capable sprinter and it has been producing good efforts this campaign. Punters are getting good odds so stick with it.Include in Multis2 Rox The Castle F: 811X9B(2) W(58)( J- Luke Nolen )( T- Kerry Edwards )Indicative Odds: $9.00Much better than what it showed last time out. Scored three wins last campaign and anything close to that is good enough.Longer Odds11 El Questro F: X1122B(9) W(54.5)( T- Allison Sheehan )Indicative Odds: $13.00In good form with two wins and two placings this prep. Goes into the mix.
RemarksSome improving types in this
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - VAIN STAKESTime: 4:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Bivouac F: 3141XB(3) W(57)( J- Hugh Bowman )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.40Twice a winner last time in work and it has been well backed throughout the week. That's a good sign and it looks well above average.Main Danger1 Dubious F: 23015B(4) W(57)Comes right into calculations with any moisture in the surface. Handles it and there's big money coming late and we're not surprised.Next Best7 Excess Funds F: 4X13B(6) W(55)( T- Levi Kavanagh )Good win fresh up but this is a tough race. Being specked in the betting and it could add some spice to this race.Include in Multis4 Star Surprise F: 211B(5) W(55)( T- Michael Moroney )Back-to-back wins coming into this. They came against much easier opposition but it looks capable of rising in grade.Longer Odds3 Sebrakate F: 429X1B(1) W(55)( J- Luke Nolen )PlacedDividend : $4.40Handy on its day and it won't spend much energy off the inside.
RemarksSmall field but it's packed with good types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.00Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 4.40Quinella 2:3 $ 20.20Trifecta 2:3:8 $ 208.10First4 2:3:8:1 $ 527.90Double 6+/2 $ 5.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - BECK PROBUILD QUEZETTE STAKESTime: 5:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Exhilarates F: 1120XB(8) W(56)WonDividends : $7.30 $2.50Magic Millions winner which oozes class. Has been well backed and should go well, but it doesn't want it too wet. Nice odds.Main Danger1 Lyre F: 1113XB(4) W(58)( J- Luke Currie )( T- Anthony Freedman )Another nice type from the Godolphin stable. Rattled off three consecutive wins last campaign and that form would be good enough.Next Best9 Sizzlefly F: 1X12B(9) W(55)( T- Phillip Stokes )Looks to be a nice type in the making after two wins and a placing from three starts. Gets in with a light weight.Include in Multis6 Cheer Leader F: 2316XB(10) W(56)( T- P & P Snowden )Didn't fire last start but it has loads of potential. Drawn wide so will need luck but include here.Longer Odds3 Bella Rosa F: 120XB(1) W(57)Handles the soft conditions and it should be right around the mark.
RemarksPunters should follow the form out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.30Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 5 $ 2.40Place3 2 $ 4.70Quinella 4:5 $ 33.20Trifecta 4:5:2 $ 605.80First4 4:5:2:1 $ 2741.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Lyre(4) Exhilarates (9) SizzleflyR7 (1) Fundamentalist(7) Behemoth (9) Begood Toya MotherR8 (1) Hartnell(11) Mystic JourneyR9 (5) Grey Shadow(6) Miss Iano (11) Bella Vella (12) Victory KingdomQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 45
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - REGAL ROLLER STAKES HANDICAPTime: 6:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Begood Toya Mother F: 11111B(8) W(54)( J- Declan Bates )( T- Daniel Bowman )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.40Five consecutive wins coming into this and it gets in with a light weight. 54kg on the back and there's a stack of money coming for it.Main Danger7 Behemoth F: X2722B(5) W(55)( T- David Jolly )Three second placings this campaign and made good ground last time out. 55kg on the back and it could turn that form into winning form.Next Best1 Fundamentalist F: 2200XB(3) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.00Last couple of runs have come in tough races. Form prior to that was good in tough races and it wouldn't need to improve much to win.Include in Multis5 Haunted F: 13983B(1) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.30Last couple of runs have been only fair. Drawn to get every chance from the inside draw and that could help switch it on.Longer Odds6 Long Leaf F: 3216XB(9) W(56)Talented at best and showed that in New Zealand. Right in this with some luck.
RemarksPlenty of quality sprinters in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.60Place1 9 $ 1.40Place2 5 $ 2.30Place3 1 $ 2.00Quinella 5:9 $ 11.20Trifecta 9:5:1 $ 66.70First4 9:5:1:7 $ 177.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - P.B. LAWRENCE STAKESTime: 6:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Mystic Journey F: 1111XB(2) W(56.5)( T- Adam Trinder )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Cox Plate favourite with plenty of x-factor. All-Star Mile and Australian Guineas winner that is getting out to good odds.Main Danger1 Hartnell F: 3233XB(5) W(59)( J- Hugh Bowman )PlacedDividend : $1.50Winner of almost $7 million and it has class on its side. Hugh Bowman rides and it has been well-backed to win. Right in this.Next Best5 Fifty Stars F: 0110XB(8) W(59)( J- Ben Allen )Nice type in the making and it showed that last campaign with four wins. Tough field here but it could hit the ground running.Include in Multis4 Cliff's Edge F: 516X3B(9) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.20Good third when resuming and it has good upside. Has potential on its day and its best form would take it close.Longer Odds9 Kenedna F: 31911B(6) W(57)Classy at best and it should be right around the mark.
RemarksLovely field with big spring implications
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 2.10Place1 11 $ 1.20Place2 4 $ 2.20Place3 1 $ 1.50Quinella 4:11 $ 9.10Trifecta 11:4:1 $ 40.00First4 11:4:1:6 $ 324.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CAULFIELD HANDICAPTime: 7:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Miss Iano F: 45141B(11) W(57)( T- Mark Webb )PlacedDividend : $2.20Running well at the moment with two wins from its last three starts. Drawn wide but goes close here with some luck.Main Danger11 Bella Vella F: X9041B(3) W(54)( T- Will Clarken )Has plenty of ability and comes into this having scored well last time out. Drawn well and has a light weight.Next Best12 Victory Kingdom F: 1320XB(6) W(54)( J- Jamie Kah )PlacedDividend : $2.30Showed good ability with a win and three placings during its first preparation. Gets in nicely on the weights and deserves its chance.Include in Multis5 Grey Shadow F: 2X103B(9) W(57)WonDividends : $8.70 $3.00Capable of winning a race like this. Showed its ability fresh up and a return to that takes it close.Longer Odds8 Miss Norway F: X2493B(8) W(55.5)( J- Liam Riordan )( T- John Sadler )Sticking with it. Has good pace when right.
RemarksWide open field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.70Place1 5 $ 3.00Place2 6 $ 2.20Place3 12 $ 2.30Quinella 5:6 $ 27.30Trifecta 5:6:12 $ 361.80First4 5:6:12:9 $ 4170.30Double 11+/5 $ 14.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 8, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%