Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KENO CLASSIC HANDICAPTime: 2:35 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Aktau F: 21X13B(1) W(54)( T- Michael Moroney )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.50Good win fresh and it was entitled to get tired last start. This stable is firing and the inside draw and light weight helps.Main Danger7 Just Benjamin F: 12X51B(6) W(54)Wore them down nicely last start when well-backed. Gets every chance to win again and we're expecting a nice effort.Next Best4 Future Score F: 1X125B(4) W(56)( T- Matt Cumani )PlacedDividend : $2.00Impressive when winning on debut and hasn't been too far away since. Deserves attention here as it's a nice type in the making.Include in Multis2 Taikomochi F: 43214B(8) W(59.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Has won already this campaign and it could get back to winning form in this race. Runs at generous odds.Longer Odds5 Beau Balmain F: 240X7B(10) W(55.5)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Jim Conlan )Needed the run last start and it's worth sticking with.
RemarksSome rising stayers do business here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.70Place1 9 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 4.10Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 6:9 $ 41.80Trifecta 9:6:4 $ 282.10First4 9:6:4:7 $ 1036.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - HERITAGE FINANCE CAULFIELD AUTUMN CLASSICTime: 3:10 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Miami Bound F: 3411XB(4) W(55)( T- Danny O'Brien )Oaks winner that could resume with a big effort. Looks set for a big run down in the weights and although some Oaks winners don't come back, this one should.Main Danger3 Adelaide Ace F: 15X13B(1) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- Lindsey Smith )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.30Talented type that looked the goods when winning fresh up. Handy placing last start and it could return to winning form.Next Best2 Nonconformist F: 3311B(5) W(57)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Grahame Begg )PlacedDividend : $1.70Shooting for its third consecutive win. Its last two wins have been very good and punters are getting nice odds. Consider.Include in Multis4 Think 'N' Fly F: 1X211B(3) W(57)Another runner going for three on the bounce. Gets a nice run from the draw and it should be competitive. Include.Longer Odds6 Rebel Racer F: 251B(8) W(57)( T- Mark Kavanagh )Chance based on its most recent win.
RemarksLovely race with great types throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.50Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 1.70Place3 8 $ 3.60Quinella 2:3 $ 5.90Trifecta 3:2:8 $ 152.70First4 3:2:8:7 $ 715.40Double 9/3+ $ 7.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ZEDITAVE STAKES (G3)Time: 3:45 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Spend F: 1X4B(7) W(56)Took on a tough field last start and didn't perform too badly. Better suited here and punters are getting good odds.Main Danger2 Pandemic F: 143X1B(1) W(56)Owns a quality turn-of-foot on its day. Comes into this with a good win under the belt and the only worry is being second up. Include.Next Best6 Express Pass F: 390X2B(2) W(55)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Nick Ryan )Plenty of money coming for it, which is a good sign. Did well to run second last start and we're expecting another tidy effort.Include in Multis4 Groundswell F: 333X6B(3) W(55)( J- John Allen )Looked better than average last campaign. Battled last start but conditions suit better here and we're expecting improvement.Longer Odds1 He'll Haunt Us F: 63X1B(4) W(56)( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )WonDividends : $8.20 $3.20Could give some of these a scare.
RemarksIt's a small but slick field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.20Place1 1 $ 3.20Place2 5 $ 3.10Quinella 1:5 $ 26.20Trifecta 1:5:3 $ 180.50First4 1:5:3:2 $ 497.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - PREMIER SIGNS MANNERISM STAKES (G3)Time: 4:20 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Neighbourhood F: X1115B(4) W(55)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Enver Jusufovic )It looked good winning three straight races before running fifth last start. Didn't have all favours throughout, so expect a bounce back effort.Main Danger1 Spanish Reef F: 130X5B(2) W(57)( T- Ken Keys )PlacedDividend : $1.80The class runner of the field and it worked home solidly when fifth fresh up. Not its favourite track but it should be respected.Next Best2 Aristia F: 5720XB(7) W(55)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Another classy runner that needs to start winning races again. Gets that chance against this level of opposition, so keep safe.Include in Multis6 News Girl F: X4112B(10) W(55)( T- Geoff Duryea )Back-to-back wins this campaign and it has been heavily backed to win. That's a positive sign and we wouldn't overlook its chances.Longer Odds3 Greysful Glamour F: 2514XB(5) W(55)( T- Mark Newnham )WonDividends : $9.50 $2.70Talented at best. Could cause a minor upset at double-figure odds.
RemarksOne of the more even fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 9.50Place1 3 $ 2.70Place2 5 $ 2.10Place3 1 $ 1.80Quinella 3:5 $ 21.90Trifecta 3:5:1 $ 197.10First4 3:5:1:7 $ 1561.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ANGUS ARMANASCO STAKES (G2)Time: 4:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Acting F: 115X4B(9) W(57.5)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Busuttin/Young )Backed and beaten last start but it didn't lose any admirers. Steady in the betting again and it should improve with the fitness under the belt.Main Danger4 Southbank F: 223X6B(7) W(55)Has been running around some quality types. Shouldn't find this any harder and with only 55kg on the back, it could return to winning form.Next Best7 Score F: 5X115B(3) W(55)( T- John Sadler )Makes its own luck and although this is a tough grade, it could be up for it. Two wins earlier this preparation were good, so include.Include in Multis9 Snapdancer F: 1240XB(5) W(55)The potential is there and how it returns from a break will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised to see it winning.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 La Tene F: 6X20XB(2) W(57.5)WonDividends : $16.10 $4.10Top-end ability is good, so don't leave it out.
RemarksForm out of this race should hold well
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 16.10Place1 2 $ 4.10Place2 6 $ 2.80Place3 8 $ 3.00Quinella 2:6 $ 66.80Trifecta 2:6:8 $ 880.00First4 2:6:8:9 $ 10910.50Double 3/2 $ 155.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - PFD FOOD SERVICES FUTURITY STAKES (G1)Time: 5:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Melody Belle F: 1112XB(3) W(57)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Drifting in the betting which is a concern, but the Kiwi has quality. It finds form quickly and it gets in nicely on the weights.Main Danger1 Kolding F: 111X4B(5) W(59)( J- Glen Boss )( T- Chris Waller )Knows how to win the big races and it had a nice pipe-opener last start. Not ideally placed with 59kg but respect its ability.Next Best8 Super Seth F: 651X1B(4) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Guineas winner which is a touch short in the betting. Meets some seasoned customers and its last run could have taken something out of it. Still, has obvious winning claims.Include in Multis2 Black Heart Bart F: 0129XB(8) W(59)( T- Lindsey Smith )Was retired and came back to win at the highest level last preparation. Can never be discarded at the odds.Longer Odds4 Wild Planet F: 231X7B(1) W(59)Better with the run under the belt. Upset claims.
RemarksThe three favourites dominate the Group 1 market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 9.90Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 8 $ 1.30Place3 7 $ 1.50Quinella 3:8 $ 8.20Trifecta 3:8:7 $ 124.00First4 3:8:7:4 $ 368.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Kolding(7) Melody Belle (8) Super SethR7 (2) Hanseatic(6) Rulership (11) LetzbeglamR8 (3) Bivouac(15) Pippie (16) AnaheedR9 (4) Kings Will Dream(5) Regal PowerQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BLUE DIAMOND STAKES (G1)Time: 6:10 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Hanseatic F: 111B(1) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Unbeaten after three runs and it had to be good to win last start. Big field, so it won't want to get too far back. Must be respected.Main Danger6 Rulership F: 12B(7) W(56.5)( T- P & P Snowden )Goes on top of Hanseatic because it makes its own luck. Will land on the speed and try kick clear. Paying a nice price to turn the tables.Next Best11 Letzbeglam F: 11B(3) W(54.5)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Busuttin/Young )One of the better-backed runners in the field. Its two wins to date have been very good and it pays to follow the money in this race.Include in Multis8 Away Game F: 4111B(10) W(54.5)Magic Millions winner that is earning respect. Should get a good run from the draw and be right in the thick of the action.Longer Odds9 A Beautiful Night F: 2116B(2) W(54.5)( J- Linda Meech )Lost its chance at the start last time out. Expect a return to form.
RemarksIt's always an exciting contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 24.60Place1 5 $ 4.70Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 13 $ 4.80Quinella 2:5 $ 32.10Trifecta 5:2:13 $ 718.20First4 5:2:13:8 $ 8721.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - OAKLEIGH PLATE (G1)Time: 6:50 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Bivouac F: 1162XB(7) W(55.5)Runs well fresh up and it came of age last year. Looks the hardest runner to beat and the market reflects that. Strong win hope.Main Danger16 Anaheed F: 513X1B(15) W(51)( T- P & P Snowden )It's not going to be easy from the wide draw but that was a classy win last time out. 51kg on the back makes it a serious player.Next Best15 Pippie F: 1102XB(14) W(52)( J- Linda Meech )( T- J & C Meagher )WonDividends : $11.50 $3.40Engimatic type but it has good barrier speed and the light weight is ideal. Runs at nice odds, so is worth including.Include in Multis7 Trope F: X229XB(6) W(52.5)Capable on its day, despite not winning as often as you would like. Gets right down in the weights and it has win claims.Longer Odds2 Zoutori F: 1336XB(2) W(56)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Ellerton/Zahra )PlacedDividend : $6.40Won fresh up last campaign. Chance on that.
RemarksThey will go quickly in the final feature of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 11.50Place1 15 $ 3.40Place2 2 $ 6.40Place3 6 $ 9.90Quinella 2:15 $ 178.30Trifecta 15:2:6 $ 6782.30First4 15:2:6:8 $ 367329.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 15, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CARLTON DRAUGHT PETER YOUNG STAKES (G2)Time: 7:30 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Kings Will Dream F: 166X3B(1) W(59)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $1.50Put the writing on the wall when running third last start. Has class on its side and a dream run from the inside barrier.Main Danger5 Regal Power F: X2161B(5) W(59)( J- William Pike )( T- G & A Williams )Heavily-backed to win this race after winning well last start. Perth form typically stands up well, so it must be included.Next Best9 Miss Siska F: 88221B(7) W(57)( T- Grahame Begg )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.70Coming off a win and that form could hold up well. Does need to beat some serious types, so include on an each-way basis.Include in Multis8 Constantinople F: 2240XB(2) W(58.5)( J- Glen Boss )There is enough money to suggest that it could cause an upset in this race. Chance and this distance suits.Longer Odds2 Harlem F: 380X4B(3) W(59)Usually hits form around this time of the year.
RemarksAnother quality form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 4.10Place1 9 $ 1.70Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 6 $ 5.60Quinella 4:9 $ 6.00Trifecta 9:4:6 $ 237.60First4 9:4:6:5 $ 575.70Double 15/9 $ 40.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%