Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SYMO'S 50TH HANDICAPTime: 2:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Alfarris F: 46149B(1) W(56.5)( J- Luke Nolen )Only fair last start but is suited better by this race. Gets the inside draw to jump from and it should be tough to get past in the straight.Main Danger1 Naval Warfare F: 23X60B(2) W(58)( J- Michael Walker )Has been well backed despite some average performances this time in. Form last season was terrific, so it should be able to rebound and go close.Next Best5 Exemplar F: X0X69B(6) W(54)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Liam Howley )PlacedDividend : $2.30Imported runner which gets right down in the weights with 54kg on the back. Gets its best chance to break through.Include in Multis6 Jinda F: 21311B(5) W(54)( T- P & C Hyland )The form runner of the field with three wins from its last four starts. Another light weight chance which should go close.Longer Odds2 US Army Ranger F: 0X7X0B(4) W(57.5)( J- Michael Poy )( T- Liam Howley )Better than what it has been showing in recent efforts.
RemarksSmall field but it should be an intriguing affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.30Place1 4 $ 3.30Place2 5 $ 2.30Quinella 4:5 $ 16.10Trifecta 4:5:3 $ 118.00First4 4:5:3:1 $ 491.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NITTO DENKO HANDICAPTime: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick16 Diamond Effort F: 211X2B(1) W(54)( T- Clinton McDonald )Was heavily backed last start and ran well, but ran into a good one. This is slightly easier and carrying 54kg off the inside draw is ideal. Top chance.Main Danger3 Chess Star F: X100XB(3) W(60)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Carries a big weight but it has been competitive in some tough races. Drawn well and it could continue its good fresh up record.Next Best12 Dawn Dawn F: X76X2B(9) W(56.5)WonDividends : $6.30 $2.20Needs a little bit of luck from a wide draw but that was a nice placing last time out. Punters are getting each-way odds which appeals.Include in Multis4 Mastering F: 1039XB(4) W(60)( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )The money has come this morning for this one - and it has a good 'fresh' record.Longer Odds14 Ruban Bleu F: 01631B(8) W(56.5)( J- Lachlan King )Flashed home nicely to win last time out. Has a good turn-of-foot on its day and that makes it a dangerous type.
RemarksNice field and there's good depth throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 6.30Place1 12 $ 2.20Place2 9 $ 2.40Place3 10 $ 4.00Quinella 9:12 $ 19.60Trifecta 12:9:10 $ 588.70First4 12:9:10:3 $ 2837.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 12, 14, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CLANBROOKE RACING HANDICAPTime: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 My Pendant F: 18X21B(8) W(54)( T- Danny O'Brien )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.30Doesn't know how to run a bad race and that was a gutsy effort last start. Stays down in the weights and it should prove tough to beat again.Main Danger2 Music Bay F: 2141XB(7) W(56.5)( J- John Allen )( T- Phillip Stokes )PlacedDividend : $1.40Pegged to be a stakes horse but hasn't quite lived up to that potential. However, owns ability and showed that last start. Chance.Next Best1 Savapinski F: 5X60XB(6) W(58)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Maher/Eustace )Sparingly-raced last campaign which is a little concerning. Still, has class and has beaten better fields in the past.Include in Multis9 Bettyrae Ruby F: 42X11B(1) W(54)( J- Luke Currie )( T- Tim Hughes )Rises right up in class but has scored back-to-back wins. Gets the inside draw and no weight on its back. Chance to score a minor upset.Longer Odds7 Hay Now F: 10X84B(2) W(54)( T- Shaun Dwyer )Can sprint and that was a nice effort last start.
RemarksA few nice types lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.40Place1 4 $ 1.30Place2 10 $ 12.10Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 4:10 $ 110.90Trifecta 4:10:2 $ 653.70First4 4:10:2:5 $ 2060.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - ZIRCODATA HEALTHERIE STAKESTime: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Steel Prince F: 1111XB(12) W(58.5)Owns a spot in the Melbourne Cup and its class could shine through here. Doesn't know how to run a bad race and although short of its best, it could win at 1700m.Main Danger14 Benitoite F: 11711B(6) W(54)( T- Clinton McDonald )Really dug deep to score last time out, making it five wins from seven starts. Drops down in weight and it shouldn't be overlooked.Next Best8 Guizot F: 23451B(2) W(54.5)( J- Linda Meech )( T- Aaron Purcell )Hit the line with real authority when scoring last time out. That run will give it plenty of confidence and fitness won't be an issue.Include in Multis6 Captain Cook F: 245X5B(8) W(55.5)( J- John Allen )PlacedDividend : $2.60Did enough fresh up to suggest that it won't take long to break through. In the right hands and John Allen rides these races well.Longer Odds5 Lord Fandango F: 4408XB(3) W(56.5)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Archie Alexander )Has run well fresh in the past and this distance suits.
RemarksThis race features some cups' types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 5.90Place1 13 $ 2.30Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 7 $ 3.50Quinella 6:13 $ 22.30Trifecta 13:6:7 $ 369.80First4 13:6:7:3 $ 3577.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 8, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - H.D.F. MCNEIL STAKES (G3)Time: 4:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Super Seth F: 113XB(6) W(57)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.50Disappointing last start but was ridden upside down. Better when ridden patiently and those tactics should be adopted here. Talented at best.Main Danger9 Missile Mantra F: 11XB(2) W(56)( T- P & P Snowden )Unbeaten from two starts. Both of those were big wins from off the pace and she's a talented filly in the making. Nicely drawn in barrier three.Next Best3 King Of Hastings F: 121B(4) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Looks to have a nice future after putting away a good field last start. Stable has a good opinion of it and punters should be confident of a good run.Include in Multis5 Peidra F: 11B(7) W(57)( J- Luke Nolen )Also unbeaten after two runs and both of those came comfortably. Rises in grade for this but it could handle it. Chance.Longer Odds2 Sebrakate F: 29X12B(5) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.20Not the most attractive type but it battles away and could add value.
RemarksTalented field with Guineas' types throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.40Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 3 $ 1.50Place3 2 $ 2.20Quinella 3:4 $ 5.10Trifecta 4:3:2 $ 63.30First4 4:3:2:8 $ 673.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MRC EVEREST SERIES HEATH 1100 STAKES (G3)Time: 5:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Ball of Muscle F: 1X19XB(7) W(59)( J- Glyn Schofield )( T- Joseph Pride )PlacedDividend : $1.40Not getting any younger but still has plenty to give. Goes well fresh, winning its last two, and that's a good sign for this.Main Danger4 Vega Magic F: 40X0XB(1) W(57)Owns ability but has been hard to follow over the years. Inside draw is ideal and it could rail and kick away. Must jump with them to win.Next Best3 Gytrash F: 13011B(6) W(58)( T- Gordon Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Continues to win and typically pays a nice price. Four wins already this campaign and winning this wouldn't be a stretch.Include in Multis5 Malaguerra F: 3820XB(5) W(57)( T- Lindsey Smith )Has been there and done that. Proven big-time performer which didn't fire last campaign but has the ability to bounce back. Keep safe.Longer Odds8 Glenall F: 9044XB(8) W(57)Owns a good turn-of-foot and it could show up at nice odds.
RemarksNice sprint field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 24.80Place1 7 $ 4.40Place2 3 $ 1.50Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 3:7 $ 78.60Trifecta 7:3:1 $ 370.10First4 7:3:1:6 $ 4383.90Quaddie 7/13+/5/18+ $ 1418.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Ball of Muscle(4) Vega MagicR7 (1) Amphitrite(11) Sylvia's Mother (13) PippieR8 (1) Hartnell(5) Scales of Justice (9) Begood Toya Mother (11) AlizeeR9 (1) Night's Watch(2) Iconoclasm (14) Antah (18) Age Of ChivalryQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MOET & CHANDON COCKRAM STAKES (G3)Time: 6:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Pippie F: 27X11B(7) W(55)( T- J & C Meagher )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.50Nice type which led easily last start and kicked away for an effortless win. Should find the front again and try to repeat. Stick with it.Main Danger11 Sylvia's Mother F: 15X51B(1) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.40Owns a stack of ability and is even better going around a turn. Gets the inside draw which could make it tricky, but it won't spend much energy. Another top chance.Next Best1 Amphitrite F: 1360XB(11) W(59)Goes into the mix and punters are getting nice odds. Good win fresh up last campaign and it has more class than most here.Include in Multis9 Fidelia F: 1111XB(9) W(55)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Robbie Griffiths )Not an easy race to resume in but it rattled off four consecutive wins when last in work. Tough to overlook that form so consider at the odds.Longer Odds2 Spanish Whisper F: 2196XB(3) W(58)PlacedDividend : $3.50Never too far away from the prize and it could be worth the risk at the odds.
RemarksLovely field with many different form lines
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 1.90Place1 13 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 3.50Place3 11 $ 1.40Quinella 2:13 $ 15.10Trifecta 13:2:11 $ 57.00First4 13:2:11:5 $ 483.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - NEW ZEALAND BLOODSTOCK MEMSIE STAKES (G1)Time: 6:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Alizee F: 306X1B(11) W(57)( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.60Classy runner which scored a good win agaisnt a small field last start. Owns plenty of ability and it could rise to another level here.Main Danger1 Hartnell F: 233X3B(1) W(59)( T- James Cummings )Tough to rule it out at the Group 1 level. Hasn't won a race for awhile and usually finds one better, but the odds are very appealing.Next Best5 Scales of Justice F: 53X12B(5) W(59)( J- Dean Yendall )( T- Lindsey Smith )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60A little disappointing when beaten as the odds-on favourite last start. Win prior was good and it has been confidently backed. Worth including.Include in Multis9 Begood Toya Mother F: 11111B(13) W(59)( J- Declan Bates )( T- Daniel Bowman )Has won all six starts this campaign. Rising right up in class but has tactical speed and could lead throughout. Interesting runner.Longer Odds3 Humidor F: 7333XB(10) W(59)( T- Maher/Eustace )Can't be ruled out here. Gets back and could flash home late.
RemarksFirst G1 of the season in Melbourne
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.50Place1 5 $ 1.60Place2 8 $ 4.60Place3 11 $ 1.60Quinella 5:8 $ 37.00Trifecta 5:8:11 $ 187.30First4 5:8:11:1 $ 1092.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CAULFIELD HANDICAPTime: 7:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Night's Watch F: 4000XB(3) W(60.5)Highly-touted this season and the betting indicates that. Needs to lift based on recent performances but owns a stack of talent.Main Danger18 Age Of Chivalry F: 22X51B(12) W(54)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Impressive win last start and it's starting to live up to expectations. Drawn deep but has a light weight. Just needs luck and cover.Next Best2 Iconoclasm F: X1050B(6) W(58.5)( T- Danny O'Brien )PlacedDividend : $2.10First run back was after a 2 month break ... expecting that run to improve chancesInclude in Multis14 Antah F: 231X5B(2) W(54)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Jason Warren )Knows how to win with professionalism. Drawn down on the rails and that's a big asset. Must be included here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'16 Hang Man F: 2619XB(4) W(54)( J- Michael Poy )( T- Michael Moroney )Handy type which has ability to launch late and win.
RemarksHuge field to close the premier card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 18 $ 2.30Place1 18 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 3.40Place3 2 $ 2.10Quinella 4:18 $ 13.60Trifecta 18:4:2 $ 93.20First4 18:4:2:7 $ 1640.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 14, 16, 18RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%