Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MITTYS HANDICAPTime: 2:35 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Des Moines F: 3125XB(1) W(54)Looked good at times last campaign and it could return in fine order. Punters are getting good value odds, so put it on top.Main Danger4 Diamond Effort F: 180X1B(6) W(57.5)( T- Clinton McDonald )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.70Impressive win last start but you need to take skinny odds. Looks tough to beat but be weary of the small field.Next Best1 Miss Vixen F: 2418XB(2) W(61.5)( T- Cindy Alderson )A past winner fresh up that gets an inside draw. Might try hug the rail early in the day and kick strongly.Include in Multis2 Queen Annabel F: 360X2B(3) W(59.5)( T- Rebecca Kelly )Didn't do much wrong when second last time out. Williams rides and it's worth a chance. Nice odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Miss Norway F: 740X3B(7) W(59)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- John Sadler )PlacedDividend : $3.30Hasn't won in a while but the ability is there. Odds are nice.
RemarksOnly a small field in the first but it's a good-quality race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.90Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 3.30Quinella 3:4 $ 7.00Trifecta 4:3:7 $ 24.80First4 4:3:7:2 $ 74.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RON HIGGINS QUALITYTime: 3:10 | Distance: 2600m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 King Of Leogrance F: 349X2B(3) W(54)( T- Danny O'Brien )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.50Good run for second fresh up and it's only going to improve with fitness this season. Down in weight at 54kg and it should go well.Main Danger2 Dabiyr F: X6151B(8) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.50Two wins from its last three starts. Tough to overlook that form despite a slight drift in the betting. An obvious inclusion.Next Best3 High Bridge F: 52216B(5) W(54.5)Not suited by the lack of pace last start. There should be more pace in this race and it'll be finishing off strongly.Include in Multis5 Naval Warfare F: 75422B(9) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.10Last couple of runs have been solid. Doesn't win often but it's not far away from one. Chance.Longer Odds1 Vengeur Masque F: 502X8B(6) W(60)Class could take it a long way. Upset odds.
RemarksNot much between most of these
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.40Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 2:4 $ 4.40Trifecta 4:2:5 $ 50.00First4 4:2:5:3 $ 113.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VERY SPECIAL KIDS PLATETime: 3:45 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Ilovemyself F:B(2) W(56)( T- Greg Eurell )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.70Huge money coming for this trials performer. Looked professional in its action and the betting lead is signficant.Main Danger6 Unstoppabelle F: 1337B(5) W(54)( T- Maher/Eustace )Has been running some nice races to open its career. Gets in nicely on the weights and it deserves to run close to favourite.Next Best4 Time Is Precious F: 1XB(1) W(55)( J- Luke Nolen )( T- Gerald Ryan )PlacedDividend : $2.40Debut winner before being sent for a spell. Nothing wrong with that form and it should be right around the mark once again.Include in Multis11 River Night F: 3X9B(3) W(54)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )PlacedDividend : $2.30Had backing last start after a good run on debut. It was a failed run but there is market confidence again. Chance.Longer Odds1 Destination F: 16B(4) W(57)( T- James Cummings )Double-figure odds for a Cummings runner is always good value.
RemarksMoney coming for many runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.30Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 11 $ 2.30Place3 4 $ 2.40Quinella 3:11 $ 16.60Trifecta 3:11:4 $ 156.80First4 3:11:4:1 $ 1315.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - FURPHY ALE FRANCES TRESSADY STAKES (G3)Time: 4:20 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Sylvia's Mother F: 513X1B(1) W(57)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Booming win fresh up and it gets the inside draw again. Will look to work off that position but it's not hard at Flemington. Top chance.Main Danger1 Spanish Whisper F: 1930XB(2) W(58.5)( J- Regan Bayliss )Typically fires fresh up and punters are getting nice odds. Drawn well and it shouldn't be too far away. Right in this race.Next Best6 Fidelia F: 630X8B(9) W(54)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Robbie Griffiths )PlacedDividend : $1.90Owns a good turn-of-foot but it hasn't disappeared recently. Too good to ignore and the light weight helps.Include in Multis5 Mamzelle Tess F: 94334B(4) W(54)( J- Ben Thompson )( T- L & T Corstens )PlacedDividend : $2.70Yet to win this campaign but has the ability. This looks an ideal race for it and it could add some value.Longer Odds7 The Closer F: X2511B(8) W(54)( T- Maher/Eustace )Going well and the confidence is back up. Include.
RemarksNice field for the first stakes race of the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.30Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 5 $ 2.70Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 2:5 $ 10.40Trifecta 2:5:6 $ 64.60First4 2:5:6:4 $ 354.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - THE TAB SHAFTESBURY AVENUE HANDICAP (G3)Time: 4:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Age Of Chivalry F: 123X6B(6) W(58)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Has the class edge over this field and that was a solid hit-out last start. Winner second up last campaign and it's right in the mix.Main Danger6 Blazejowski F: 12X16B(4) W(55.5)( T- Greg Eurell )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.70Suffered from second-up syndrome last start. Form prior was excellent and we're prepared to overlook that run. Goes close.Next Best7 Morvada F: 41121B(5) W(55.5)( J- Zac Spain )( T- Peter Jolly )PlacedDividend : $1.90In good form, winning three of its last four races. Has a good chance to continue with that form.Include in Multis5 Sircconi F: 006X6B(3) W(56)( T- Nick Ryan )Talented on its day and it could add some value. Runs at value odds.Longer Odds2 Gold Fields F: 31183B(2) W(58)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Logan McGill )Battles on and the odds are generous.
RemarksImpressive field and it could result in a blanket finish
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.20Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 7 $ 1.90Quinella 6:7 $ 4.30Trifecta 6:7:1 $ 15.90First4 6:7:1:2 $ 60.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ATA/BOB HOYSTED HANDICAPTime: 5:30 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 God of Thunder F: 322X1B(6) W(57.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )It wouldn't have minded some rain but it's a good sprinter on any surface. Big win last start and it's second-up form reads well.Main Danger6 Fabergino F: 53X11B(9) W(57)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Tiarnna Robertson )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.70Brings in form from Ascot, which is tough to line up. However, it has been heavily backed and that's a big sign. Chance.Next Best8 Embrace Me F: 98X33B(8) W(55)( T- Danny O'Brien )PlacedDividend : $2.00Working through its gears this season with back-to-back placings. 55kg on the back with Oliver riding. Chance on that.Include in Multis3 William Thomas F: 4341XB(2) W(58)( J- William Pike )( T- John Price )Nothing wrong with its form last campaign. Hits the ground running with three fresh up wins. Every chance at generous odds.Longer Odds5 Manolo Blahniq F: 2457XB(4) W(57.5)( J- Jake Noonan )( T- Tony Noonan )Former Kiwi which has potential on its day.
RemarksMany different form lines coming into this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.90Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 3.00Quinella 6:8 $ 10.60Trifecta 6:8:2 $ 138.30First4 6:8:2:7 $ 585.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) God of Thunder(6) FaberginoR7 (1) Alligator Blood(4) CatalystR8 (2) Fifty Stars(4) So Si Bon (5) Ringerdingding (7) Night's WatchR9 (1) Just Hifalutin(5) Taniko (7) Chicago Cub (11) Big Night OutQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - KENNEDY AUSTRALIAN GUINEAS (G1)Time: 6:10 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Catalyst F: 11112B(4) W(56.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Didn't have ideal conditions last start and only narrowly went down. Better suited on a good track and hopefully it gets a drag into the race.Main Danger1 Alligator Blood F: 21111B(2) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Maloney )( T- David Vandyke )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.30Bombproof and it showed that when beating Catalyst last start. Unsure how much that run took out of it, but it's the clear second pick.Next Best7 Chenier F: 12X3B(5) W(56.5)( T- Anthony Freedman )Made good ground late last start, which was a nice effort after a long break. Has a nice future and it could test the two favourites.Include in Multis2 Dalasan F: 51X35B(3) W(56.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Macdonald/Gluyas )Has been found out a little in this grade but it should enjoy the distance. Could cause a minor upset.Longer Odds5 Soul Patch F: 813X4B(1) W(56.5)( T- Ken Keys )PlacedDividend : $3.40Worth including to boost payouts.
RemarksThe race they've all come to watch
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.50Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 6 $ 2.30Place3 5 $ 3.40Quinella 1:6 $ 13.70Trifecta 1:6:5 $ 215.50First4 1:6:5:7 $ 798.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - THOROUGHBRED BLUB BLAMEY STAKES (G2)Time: 6:50 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Night's Watch F: 260X0B(2) W(55)Needs to start showing its form of old. We're keeping the faith and he won't get a better chance to show his true form.Main Danger2 Fifty Stars F: 82564B(7) W(58)WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Another runner that needs to win to get its confidence back. Has been well backed to win and it could pay to follow that money.Next Best4 So Si Bon F: 040X8B(3) W(57)( J- Luke Nolen )Proven at the top level and that shouldn't be overlooked. Draws well and it always runs at each-way odds.Include in Multis5 Ringerdingding F: 0X640B(4) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- Anthony Freedman )Add it to the list of horses that have the talent but don't enjoy showing it. A form turnaround is expected.Longer Odds9 Galaxy Raider F: 84811B(5) W(55)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- Grahame Begg )Going for three wins in a row. Big chance.
RemarksAn even field in the penultimate
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.50Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 4.40Place3 3 $ 2.00Quinella 2:6 $ 23.90Trifecta 2:6:3 $ 218.00First4 2:6:3:4 $ 1181.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - JAPAN RACING ASSOCIATION TROPHYTime: 7:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Just Hifalutin F: 54X61B(8) W(60)( J- Ryan Maloney )( T- Enver Jusufovic )Showed its class last start and punters are getting great odds again. Big weight but it has handled weight in the past.Main Danger5 Taniko F: X3132B(2) W(57.5)( T- James Cummings )Running good races this season, which includes a win three back. Has placed twice since and it looks every chance of winning.Next Best7 Chicago Cub F: 40141B(3) W(55.5)( J- Fred W Kersley )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.80Knows how to win and it has won four times already this season. Worth including once again at the each-way quote.Include in Multis11 Big Night Out F: 121X4B(6) W(54)( T- John Sadler )PlacedDividend : $2.00Did enough fresh up to warrant attention. Gets right down in the weights and that's a key aspect. Good chance on that.Longer Odds8 Kings Brook F: X069XB(7) W(55.5)( T- David Brideoake )Chance with its best form.
RemarksWide-open field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.20Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 2.00Place3 3 $ 3.00Quinella 7:11 $ 11.00Trifecta 7:11:3 $ 132.90First4 7:11:3:8 $ 1171.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%