Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TBV THOROUGHBRED BREEDERS STAKES (G3)Time: 2:20 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Muntaseera F: 2125B(5) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.40It has been racing against some high-quality fields. This is a step down and it deserves to be a short favourite. Big chance.Main Danger5 Minhaaj F: 1B(6) W(55)( J- Luke Nolen )WonDividends : $3.10 $2.00Debut winner at Bendigo when hitting the line nicely. It has been well supported throughout the week and that's a good sign. Goes close.Next Best1 Jyoti F: 121B(1) W(57)Nothing wrong with its two wins from three starts. Has a professional action and the inside draw to use. Value odds.Include in Multis3 Geist F: 563B(4) W(55)Getting better with every run and it worked to the line well enough last time out. Should be able to handle conditions.Longer Odds6 D'arbanville F: 3B(2) W(55)Did enough on debut to warrant attention.
RemarksA couple of tidy types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.10Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 1.40Quinella 2:5 $ 2.70Trifecta 5:2:7 $ 121.90First4 5:2:7:3 $ 241.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MSS SECURITY SIRES PRODUCE STAKES (G2)Time: 2:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Ole Kirk F: 1B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Impressive win on debut and it's in the right hands for another top effort. Owns experience on the track and that's a big bonus.Main Danger1 Larimer Street F: 23B(6) W(56.5)( T- Busuttin/Young )PlacedDividend : $1.90Yet to win but has looked good in two placings. Getting off the mark is only a matter of time, and that time could be now.Next Best3 Holyfield F: 11B(10) W(56.5)Good enough to land the knockout blow after back-to-back wins. Drawn wide but it could get cover and work into the race stylishly.Include in Multis10 Cloudbreaker F: 211B(7) W(54.5)Another runner that has posted consecutive wins. Gets in with a light weight and it could add some value.Longer Odds9 The Watchman F: 4B(2) W(56.5)( J- Glen Boss )( T- Greg Eurell )Fair enough on debut so look for improvement.
RemarksAll of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 27.20Place1 5 $ 6.30Place2 1 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 1:5 $ 76.20Trifecta 5:1:2 $ 607.30First4 5:1:2:11 $ 7806.20Double 5/5 $ 75.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - THE NOVA100 TROPHYTime: 3:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Spend F: 1X43B(7) W(54)WonDividends : $4.80 $1.90Third last start and it was a better effort that it looked. Should enjoy conditions here much better and money is coming for it.Main Danger6 Katalin F: 115B(2) W(54)Just didn't get the rub of the green last start. That was its first career defeat, so we're prepared to give it another chance.Next Best8 Russian Camelot F: 12XB(6) W(54)Impressive winner on debut and it followed that up with a terrific placing. Tough race to resume in, but it's a nice sort.Include in Multis11 Scottish Dancer F: 19X1B(10) W(54)( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )PlacedDividend : $2.70Deserves attention after its win fresh up. Could have gone to another level and the confidence is up.Longer Odds7 Westport F: 50X96B(8) W(54)Better than what it has been showing of late. Value odds.
RemarksGood odds throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.80Place1 3 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 3.60Place3 11 $ 2.70Quinella 3:5 $ 27.60Trifecta 3:5:11 $ 386.60First4 3:5:11:8 $ 1280.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SCHWEPPERVESCENCE TROPHY (G3)Time: 4:05 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Bam's On Fire F: 32172B(2) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.60Beaten its last couple but that was an impressive placing last start. Hit the nicely impressively and it's suited by the weights.Main Danger1 Spanish Reef F: 30X53B(5) W(58.5)( T- Ken Keys )It's not far away from a winning performance. Usually needs the run and it should be ready to fire now.Next Best2 Greysful Glamour F: 514X1B(9) W(57)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Mark Newnham )It beat a similar field last start, so no reason why it couldn't win again. Draws wide and that might be the place to be.Include in Multis7 Fabric F: 1X451B(10) W(54)Could handle the conditions and it shouldn't be overlooked. Got the confidence up with a last-start win. Nice appeal.Longer Odds10 Neighbourhood F: 11154B(8) W(54)( T- Enver Jusufovic )The ability is there and it wasn't far away last start.
RemarksNot much between many of these thoroughbreds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 22.10Place1 9 $ 5.00Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 4 $ 1.90Quinella 6:9 $ 82.60Trifecta 9:6:4 $ 766.20First4 9:6:4:7 $ 6325.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - FURPHY ALE MARCH STAKESTime: 4:45 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'10 Wild Planet F: 31X74B(5) W(54)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Getting better with fitness this campaign. There has been a stack of money come its way and that's a good sign. Expect a nice effort.Main Danger2 Sikandarabad F: 3460XB(11) W(59)A past winner fresh up and it could enjoy the conditions. It's also a past winner on this track, so we'll take the value odds.Next Best9 Sirius Suspect F: 41X21B(9) W(54)( T- Saab Hasan )PlacedDividend : $2.60Last-start winner with plenty of upside. Will love being down in the weights at 54kg and it's worth a play at the odds.Include in Multis3 Princess Jenni F: 7104XB(8) W(58)( J- Ben Melham )( T- David Brideoake )PlacedDividend : $3.30Talented at best and it has handled wet tracks in the past. Yet to run well at Flemington but it's time for a change.Longer Odds8 Ef Troop F: 71434B(6) W(54)Can sprint on its day. Worth including at the price.
RemarksIt's another open field with good value throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.10Place1 10 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 2.60Place3 3 $ 3.30Quinella 9:10 $ 7.70Trifecta 10:9:3 $ 100.20First4 10:9:3:1 $ 1571.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SEPPELT WINES NEWMARKET HANDICAP (G1)Time: 5:25 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Loving Gaby F: 212X3B(3) W(52.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Loves running with light weights and it's a real superstar. Craig Williams rides and it's coming for support with bookies. Big chance.Main Danger4 The Inevitable F: 1110XB(11) W(54.5)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Scott Brunton )Eight-time winner from only 11 starts. That has to be respected and it could enjoy being wider on the track. Don't let it slip past your guard.Next Best6 Exceedance F: 1331XB(9) W(54)Future stallion which is looking for more black type before he goes. Booming winner last start and there's confidence in the betting.Include in Multis5 Bivouac F: 162X6B(6) W(54)( J- Glen Boss )WonDividends : $5.50 $2.10Didn't fully fire last start but it's better than that. Only 54kg on its back and it could get out to generous odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'13 Libertini F: 133X4B(10) W(51)( T- Anthony Cummings )Double-figure odds for a quality filly.
RemarksWhat a wonderfully even field for the first feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 5.50Place1 5 $ 2.10Place2 11 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 2.90Quinella 5:11 $ 15.10Trifecta 5:11:1 $ 164.20First4 5:11:1:2 $ 1046.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) The Inevitable(5) Bivouac (6) Exceedance (11) Loving GabyR7 (1) Rubisaki(2) Pretty Brazen (5) How WomanticR8 (2) Avilius(4) Harlem (5) Kings Will Dream (6) Regal PowerR9 (1) Hawker Hurricane(4) Garner (9) Absolute FlirtQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TAB KEWNEY STAKES (G2)Time: 6:05 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Rubisaki F: 2X111B(6) W(55.5)( J- Billy Egan )( T- Patrick Payne )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50Blitzed them in the Inglis Sprint last start. Loves the wet conditions and it's a really nice type in the making. It's still underrated, but goes on top.Main Danger5 How Womantic F: 1111B(11) W(55.5)Unbeaten after four starts and that can't be ignored. Tricky draw but it only needs some cover to fire late. Each-way odds available.Next Best2 Pretty Brazen F: 151X2B(9) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Extremely dangerous on its day, as shown multiples times last preparation. Big run for second last start, so it's a must include pick.Include in Multis3 Tenley F: 076X2B(3) W(55.5)Hasn't won for too long now, but the ability is there. It showed that when running second fresh up, so consider.Longer Odds6 Fascino F: 421X4B(12) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $5.50Always worth including at odds.
RemarksAnother cracking field of budding superstars
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.10Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.90Place3 6 $ 5.50Quinella 1:2 $ 7.70Trifecta 1:2:6 $ 177.40First4 1:2:6:3 $ 946.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TAB AUSTRALIAN CUP (G1)Time: 6:45 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Avilius F: 47X54B(9) W(59)Will lap up the conditions and that was an eyecatching run last start. Looks set for a win and it goes well third-up. Top pick.Main Danger6 Regal Power F: 21614B(12) W(59)( J- William Pike )( T- G & A Williams )PlacedDividend : $2.10The form from the west has stacked up well this season. No reason why it can't compete at this level. The money is there.Next Best5 Kings Will Dream F: 66X32B(1) W(59)( T- Chris Waller )It deserves a winning turn and we know its class. Working through its gears and it could be time to strike.Include in Multis4 Harlem F: 80X45B(2) W(59)It's going for three consecutive wins in this race. It loves the Australian Cup, so there's no way we're not including him.Longer Odds14 Miss Siska F: 82211B(7) W(57)( T- Grahame Begg )Beat many of these last start, so consider on that.
RemarksMany different form lines coming into the cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.50Place1 7 $ 2.60Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 1 $ 3.40Quinella 6:7 $ 20.50Trifecta 7:6:1 $ 295.90First4 7:6:1:4 $ 4779.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - INCOGNITUS STAKESTime: 7:20 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Absolute Flirt F: 2208XB(3) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.20It should have won a few more races than it has. Got unlucky a handful of times in the spring, but it could fire fresh up here.Main Danger4 Garner F: 1121XB(9) W(57)( T- Gordon Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.30Three wins and three second placings from six starts. It's tough to overlook that form and it has been met with good tote support.Next Best1 Hawker Hurricane F: 8231XB(7) W(58)( T- Michael Moroney )It's a quality type at best and it has shown good fresh up in the past. Runs at value odds here and it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis8 Seatonic F: 410X1B(4) W(54.5)( J- Brett Prebble )Talented type that scored an impressive fresh up win. Gets in with 54.5kg and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds14 Modear F: X1135B(6) W(54)( J- Billy Egan )( T- Patrick Payne )Conditions could be ideal for the Payne-trained runner.
RemarksLovely field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 11.00Place1 10 $ 3.30Place2 9 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 1.30Quinella 9:10 $ 30.60Trifecta 10:9:4 $ 345.00First4 10:9:4:12 $ 1504.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%