Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - QUAYCLEAN SIRESTime: 2:15 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Amish Boy F: 3541B(6) W(58)Scored a breakthrough win last start and it could kick on with it. Drifting a touch but punters are getting better value now.Main Danger2 Glenfiddich F: 92502B(2) W(58)( J- Noel Callow )( T- Robbie Griffiths )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.70Yet to win from six attempts but there is market confidence, so it could pay to follow that. Inside draw and that helps.Next Best4 Albukhturi F: 38B(4) W(58)( J- Regan Bayliss )PlacedDividend : $1.90Beaten by a better field last start. It has upside and it's another well-backed runner. Chance.Include in Multis3 Sea Witness F: 484B(5) W(58)( J- Dean Holland )( T- Byron Cozamanis )Two of its three runs haven't been too bad. Might need to lift in order to win, but there is only one race winner in this field.Longer Odds6 Torbreck F: 5B(1) W(58)Gets the inside draw and it's open to improvement.
RemarksA small but good field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.50Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 4 $ 1.90Quinella 2:4 $ 6.20Trifecta 2:4:1 $ 16.70First4 2:4:1:6 $ 43.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MACPHERSON KELLEY HANDICAPTime: 2:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Des Moines F: 125X3B(9) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Backed to win last start and it wasn't all that far away. Faces an easier field here and it won second-up last campaign.Main Danger5 Done By Me F: 0185XB(8) W(59.5)Yet to win fresh up but it has placed in both starts. Those came against some nice types. Might be able to dictate where the favourite goes.Next Best4 Delusions F: 62187B(3) W(60.5)Good enough to turn its last two starts around. Draws well in barrier three and we wouldn't be surprised to see it win.Include in Multis8 Jamaican Hurry F: 62X41B(4) W(58.5)( J- Dean Yendall )( T- A & A Yargi )WonDividends : $7.10 $2.10A last-start winner that could go on with it now. Capable of handling this class and the odds are appealing.Longer Odds2 Lady Loft F: 1X839B(5) W(61)( J- Mitchell Aitken )( T- Julius Sandhu )Worth sticking with at the price.
RemarksA wide-open race with nice odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 7.10Place1 8 $ 2.10Place2 11 $ 3.40Place3 7 $ 1.40Quinella 8:11 $ 45.10Trifecta 8:11:7 $ 300.00First4 8:11:7:5 $ 1340.60Double 2/8 $ 13.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MERCEDES-BENZ MORNINGTON HANDICAPTime: 3:25 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'11 Too Good Too Hard F: 4115XB(9) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Scored three wins from its first six starts, including back-to-back victories. Drawn a touch awkwardly but it has good upside.Main Danger2 Not Enough Effort F: 6X38XB(6) W(60.5)( J- Brian Park )( T- Sharyn Trolove )Only fair in two runs last time in work. However, it looked good during its first preparation. Chance if it brings its best form.Next Best9 Raktoff F: 1114XB(3) W(56.5)( J- G Cartwright )( T- Richard Cully )Good enough to win three in a row last time in work. Finds form quickly and it gets a good run from the draw. Chance.Include in Multis8 I'm Telling Ya F: 5X583B(4) W(56.5)( J- Dean Yendall )( T- A & A Yargi )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.40Improving run for third last time out. Confidently backed with bookmakers and that's a good sign.Longer Odds7 Explicitly F: X2615B(10) W(56.5)( T- John McArdle )Recent winner with upside.
RemarksLooks like another even contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.10Place1 8 $ 1.40Place2 11 $ 1.50Place3 10 $ 7.80Quinella 8:11 $ 6.70Trifecta 8:11:10 $ 288.90First4 8:11:10:5 $ 2298.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NO FUSS EVENT HIRE HANDICAPTime: 4:05 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Human Nature F: 27X31B(4) W(56)( J- Michael Poy )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )PlacedDividend : $1.20Scored well at Moonee Valley last start. No reason why that form won't stack up for this race. It's a talented type.Main Danger11 Sizzlefly F: 9136XB(6) W(54.5)WonDividends : $5.00 $1.60Unbeaten from two fresh up starts and that form should be respected. 54.5kg on the back and every chance to score.Next Best4 Iknewshewasmine F: 34111B(2) W(58.5)( J- Jessica Eaton )( T- Jerome Hunter )Doing nothing wrong of late, winning three on the bounce. Can handle the rise in class and it's well-drawn.Include in Multis5 Messerschmitt F: 0X132B(8) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.90Typically around the mark and it's a recent winner. Tough from the draw but it could add some each-way value to this race.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Seatonic F: 10X10B(3) W(56)Fair last start but better fresh. Chance on that run.
RemarksA quality field over the short course
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 5.00Place1 11 $ 1.60Place2 8 $ 1.20Place3 5 $ 1.90Quinella 8:11 $ 5.00Trifecta 11:8:5 $ 52.70First4 11:8:5:9 $ 243.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PENINSULA ESSENCE MAGAZINE HANDICAPTime: 4:45 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Salsamor F: 67311B(7) W(59)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Back-to-back wins coming into this race and there's no reason to jump off its back. Firming in the market, so consider here.Main Danger8 Mirimar F: 18X22B(10) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60The stable is running hot and this runner is knocking on the door. Gets in nicely on the weights and it should run accordingly.Next Best9 Maclairey F: 37062B(1) W(54)( J- Beau Mertens )( T- Pat Carey )Coming to the end of its campaign but it could have a win in store. Gets the inside draw with a light weight, so consider.Include in Multis13 Bag Raider F: X0546B(5) W(54)( J- Fred W Kersley )( T- Scott Cameron )Chance with luck in running.Longer Odds12 All Hard Wood F: X6716B(8) W(54)( T- Richard Laming )Forget last run - nice win two back and could well surprise with a repeat
RemarksPlenty of form throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.00Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 6.00Place3 8 $ 1.60Quinella 2:5 $ 51.40Trifecta 2:5:8 $ 234.90First4 2:5:8:4 $ 2305.50Double 11/2+ $ 11.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 8, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NEDS GUINEASTime: 5:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Chuck A Luck F: 126X3B(3) W(57)WonDividends : $4.30 $1.70Handy run first-up in Australia. It's only going to get better with time and it could be ready to strike now. Goes on top.Main Danger9 Themoonlitegambler F: 312X1B(10) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- John McArdle )A nice start to its career with two wins and two placings. Respected in the betting and it just needs early luck from the draw.Next Best4 La Falaise F: 461X0B(11) W(57)( J- Damien Thornton )( T- Henry Dwyer )Better than what it showed last start. A past winner second up, it could return to winning form.Include in Multis12 Westport F: 0X966B(5) W(56)( T- T & C McEvoy )It looked the goods early on before going off the rails a touch. Finds form early on and that could show up.Longer Odds1 Yourdeel F: L0X67B(12) W(60)( J- Regan Bayliss )It's now or never for the former Kiwi.
RemarksA Kiwi heads the betting
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.30Place1 8 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 4.50Place3 6 $ 2.80Quinella 2:8 $ 40.90Trifecta 8:2:6 $ 502.00First4 8:2:6:1 $ 3692.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) La Falaise(8) Chuck A Luck (9) ThemoonlitegamblerR7 (7) Inverloch(11) Aktau (14) Just BenjaminR8 (3) Bons Away(12) Prophet's Thumb (15) Diamond EffortR9 (1) Fanciful Toff(2) Declares War (3) Wham (7) Nudge BarQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MORNINGTON CUPTime: 6:10 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Inverloch F: 8X721B(5) W(54.5)( J- Linda Meech )PlacedDividend : $2.50Scored an impressive win last start and it looks likely to kick on with it. Drawn well, weighted well, and the odds appeal.Main Danger14 Just Benjamin F: 2X514B(3) W(54)Looked good winning two back and it wasn't far behind them last start. Most of the money has come for it, so consider.Next Best11 Aktau F: 1X131B(7) W(54)WonDividends : $4.50 $1.80Imported runner which has looked good since arriving in Australia. Impressive win last start, so stick with it.Include in Multis1 Harlem F: 0X454B(1) W(60.5)Good enough to win so include at odds.Longer Odds6 Vaucluse Bay F: 21125B(4) W(56)( T- Chris Waller )Incredibly consistent and although only 5th last Saturday, was beaten less than 4 lengths
RemarksBig field for the Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 4.50Place1 11 $ 1.80Place2 7 $ 2.50Place3 15 $ 6.90Quinella 7:11 $ 18.60Trifecta 11:7:15 $ 509.90First4 11:7:15:12 $ 4743.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HAREEBA STAKESTime: 6:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick15 Diamond Effort F: 80X11B(4) W(54)( T- Clinton McDonald )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.90Back-to-back wins coming into this. That's hot form and it gets every chance with 54kg on the back. Goes close.Main Danger12 Prophet's Thumb F: 9130XB(9) W(54)( J- Damien Thornton )It has been well-backed to win. It has won two from three fresh up starts, and it has an explosive turn-of-foot on its day.Next Best3 Bons Away F: 55X49B(6) W(58)Has the talent to beat this field, it just needs some confidence back. Drawn well and it has been well-backed at odds.Include in Multis7 Haunted F: 316X3B(15) W(56)( J- Ethan Brown )( T- James Cummings )Handy third placing from fresh up and it has room for improvement. Just needs luck from the wide draw.Longer Odds4 Rich Charm F: X490XB(8) W(57)( J- Brad Rawiller )( T- Udyta Clarke )Capable of bouncing back into form.
RemarksAnother open betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 4.30Place1 15 $ 1.90Place2 9 $ 2.50Place3 8 $ 4.70Quinella 9:15 $ 14.20Trifecta 15:9:8 $ 525.10First4 15:9:8:16 $ 4123.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 12, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SAME RACE MULTI HANDICAPTime: 7:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Declares War F: 710X7B(8) W(60)( J- Fred W Kersley )( T- Matt Cumani )PlacedDividend : $2.10Did enough fresh up to warrant attention. It has class on its side and it could return to winning form.Main Danger3 Wham F: 34116B(5) W(59)Didn't fire at its most recent outing, but its form prior included back-to-back wins. It's good enough to take this out.Next Best1 Fanciful Toff F: 1183XB(4) W(60.5)It finds form quickly and it has a fair amount of ability. Drawn well and the odds are appealing.Include in Multis7 Nudge Bar F: X3504B(2) W(55)( T- Peter Gelagotis )WonDividends : $5.40 $1.70Gets in well off on the weights and punters are getting nice odds. Big chance in this.Longer Odds5 Pierrless F: 11128B(9) W(58)Good enough to win three straight this season. Chance.
RemarksQuality field to close
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.40Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 11 $ 2.40Place3 2 $ 2.10Quinella 7:11 $ 25.40Trifecta 7:11:2 $ 220.10First4 7:11:2:8 $ 1327.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%