Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LONG FINE PLATETime: 5:25 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Wairere Falls F: 2B(3) W(58)Backed on debut but it didn't do too much wrong in the run. Better for the experience and punters are getting nice odds.Main Danger1 Dune Field F: 324X5B(4) W(58)( T- Jamie Edwards )WonDividends : $5.10 $2.50It has faced some tough fields to date. Should be better suited to this race and Craig Williams takes the ride. Right in this.Next Best3 The Browzer F: 22B(6) W(58)( T- John Sadler )Unsure how strong the form has been but it has been well-backed to win. That's a good sign and it could pay to follow betting moves.Include in Multis7 Intrigue F: 3X32B(4) W(56)( T- T & C McEvoy )Three starts for three placings. Gets in nicely on the weights and it's drawn to get a sweet trip. Shouldn't be far off them.Longer Odds5 Whittington Stone F: 36X3B(2) W(58)( J- Jake Noonan )PlacedDividend : $4.00Handy placing last start so consider.
RemarksEven field to kick off proceedings
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.10Place1 1 $ 2.50Place2 5 $ 4.00Quinella 1:5 $ 32.40Trifecta 1:5:6 $ 323.80First4 1:5:6:2 $ 830.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 6:00 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Favell F: 3B(1) W(58)( J- Brad Rawiller )( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.60Expected to improve on its debut effort for third. Well-backed to win and that's a good sign from this stable. Draws the inside barrier and it could sit in a handier position.Main Danger6 Stoical F:B(7) W(58)( T- P & P Snowden )On debut and it was an easy trial winner at Werribee in preparation for this race. Tricky draw but follow the money trail.Next Best7 Unanimous F:B(5) W(58)( J- Jye McNeil )WonDividends : $7.30 $1.90Another debutante that is bred to show early speed. In the right hands and it could offer punters with value odds.Include in Multis3 Johnny Thunder F:B(4) W(58)( J- Michael Dee )There's no stopping the Moroney stable this season. This runner goes off at value odds and it shouldn't be ruled out.Longer Odds11 Into Glory Ride F:B(3) W(56)( T- Patrick Keane )PlacedDividend : $2.30It could sprint well on debut. Include at odds.
RemarksPlenty of betting moves coming for multiple runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 7.30Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 2.30Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 7:11 $ 28.10Trifecta 7:11:1 $ 180.70First4 7:11:1:3 $ 966.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CLANBROOKE RACING HANDICAPTime: 6:40 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Memphis Rock F: 334X3B(3) W(59.5)( J- Regan Bayliss )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )PlacedDividend : $1.70Has the best form lines of any runner in this race. Owns performances behind Standout and Condo's Express. Tough to beat.Main Danger5 Iknewshewasmine F: 21341B(4) W(60.5)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Jerome Hunter )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.90Looks a nice type in the making with three wins from 10 starts. Comfortable winner last start but does face a much harder task. Betting moves are important.Next Best4 Dothraki King F: 12X13B(9) W(61)( T- Luke Oliver )Yet to do much wrong and it showed good barrier speed at The Valley last start. Likely to try cross the field from the draw and kick strongly.Include in Multis7 Atheleisia F: 167X1B(1) W(59)( J- Ben Thompson )( T- Charlotte Littlefield )Did the job nicely last start and it runs at nice odds. Draws the rails and it has won from in front on debut. Chance on that.Longer Odds2 The Mayor F: 145X5B(2) W(62.5)( J- Cam Rawiller )( T- Logan McGill )Could improve on its first-up effort. One for odds.
RemarksSome of these wouldn't look out of place on a Saturday
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.90Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 8 $ 4.80Place3 6 $ 1.70Quinella 5:8 $ 53.70Trifecta 5:8:6 $ 210.60First4 5:8:6:7 $ 2581.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE BIG SCREEN COMPANY HANDICAPTime: 7:20 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Lesmurdie F: 521B(7) W(59.5)( J- Damien Oliver )( T- Wendy Kelly )Damien Oliver sticks with after posting a maiden win last start. Could kick on with it now and the odds are generous.Main Danger10 Kentucky Tornado F: 37513B(13) W(57.5)WonDividends : $3.50 $1.70Owns more exposed form than most in this field. Handy run for third on this track last start and the wide draw doesn't have an effect over this distance.Next Best5 Reflect the Stars F: 98X21B(8) W(59.5)( J- John Allen )( T- Danny O'Brien )Build up nicely for the win last start. Looks a nice stayer in the making and the rise in distance isn't going to bother it. Big chance.Include in Multis3 Nothin' Leica High F: 27122B(6) W(60.5)( J- Ryan Maloney )( T- Robbie Griffiths )In good form after posting a win and two placings. Has the fitness edge now and it could pick this field off. Goes into the mix.Longer Odds2 Budd Fox F: 82012B(12) W(60.5)( T- Henry Dwyer )PlacedDividend : $5.30Did enough last start to warrant serious attention.
RemarksValue on offer throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.50Place1 10 $ 1.70Place2 11 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 5.30Quinella 10:11 $ 8.40Trifecta 10:11:2 $ 274.30First4 10:11:2:12 $ 2313.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 8:00 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Sophia's Choice F: 1129XB(5) W(58)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- Robert Kingston )PlacedDividend : $1.50Produced back-to-back wins last preparation. Ran second behind Banquo before running down the track behind Xilong. That form reads well and it's a clear top pick.Main Danger10 Seles F: 42473B(1) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.70Hasn't been far away from an elusive win. Deserves a winning turn and it has race fitness on its side. That could be the difference.Next Best8 Lianne F: 42344B(2) W(58)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Has been running in the city and running well. Draws well and if it can repeat that Flemington run, it should go close.Include in Multis2 Delusions F: X1621B(3) W(61)( J- Michael Poy )Rises up in weight after its Flemington win but it's hard to discount it on that. Could offer punters with value odds.Longer Odds1 Forbid Me Not F: 0X452B(11) W(63)( J- Melissa Julius )( T- Symon Wilde )Chance with fitness in its legs.
RemarksExpecting the form out of this race to hold up well
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 33.10Place1 5 $ 8.10Place2 9 $ 1.50Place3 10 $ 1.70Quinella 5:9 $ 50.80Trifecta 5:9:10 $ 1184.00First4 5:9:10:3 $ 3332.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (8) Lianne(9) Sophia's Choice (10) SelesR6 (2) Killavally(6) Pay Your Dues (11) High ExcalebrationR7 (7) Shepard(12) DarlamaxR8 (8) Heart Of Puissance(11) Rainbow Thief (17) BacchusQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - LE PINE FUNERALS HANDICAPTime: 8:30 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 High Excalebration F: 5X221B(6) W(58.5)( J- Beau Mertens )( T- Jerome Hunter )Faced only a small field last time out but it did the job well. Capable of handling the rise in grade and its odds have remained steady.Main Danger2 Killavally F: 1019XB(7) W(62)( J- Ted Nugent )PlacedDividend : $1.90Two wins from four starts and it's hard to disagree with that form. Tricky draw but there is good confidence in the market. Watch late moves.Next Best6 Pay Your Dues F: X2315B(3) W(59)( J- Ethan Brown )( T- Dale Short )Easy two-length winner at Werribee two back before running well when rising in grade. Better for the experience and it should be included.Include in Multis8 Strike A Beau F: 12B(4) W(59)( T- Richard Laming )Yet to do much wrong in a short career. One win and a placing from two starts. Comes from a betting stable so watch the tote.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 So He Rules F: 138X3B(1) W(59)( T- Peter Gelagotis )WonDividends : $8.60 $2.50Should be shorter in the market. Value.
RemarksBig field that's big on value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 8.60Place1 7 $ 2.50Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 1.90Quinella 3:7 $ 22.30Trifecta 7:3:2 $ 374.00First4 7:3:2:4 $ 2270.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - THOROUGHBRED CLUB HANDICAPTime: 9:00 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Shepard F: 2111XB(10) W(57)( J- Clayton Douglas )( T- David Brideoake )Ended its last campaign in style and it could hit the ground running this time around. Strong money coming for it.Main Danger12 Darlamax F: 1X321B(2) W(54)( T- Mark Webb )PlacedDividend : $1.50It has improved with every run this season. That culminated with a good win last start and with 54kg on its back, it will be tough to beat again.Next Best4 Jack Regan F: X8462B(6) W(57.5)( T- Busuttin/Young )Finding it hard to win races but that was good improvement last start. Another run up to that performance would take it close.Include in Multis2 Egyptian Gold F: 115X3B(3) W(58.5)( J- Lachlan King )( T- Lindsey Smith )Second up form reads OK and it held on nicely for third after leading last start. Similar tactics could get it over the line at each-way odds.Longer Odds11 All Hard Wood F: 88X67B(4) W(55)( T- Richard Laming )WonDividends : $17.20 $4.00Always a chance. Include for value.
RemarksAnother open betting affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 17.20Place1 11 $ 4.00Place2 13 $ 6.50Place3 12 $ 1.50Quinella 11:13 $ 228.60Trifecta 11:13:12 $ 901.10First4 11:13:12:8 $ 18761.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 9:30 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Heart Of Puissance F: 113XB(2) W(59.5)( J- John Allen )Gained plenty of votes for the All-Star Mile. Raced upside down when running third last start. It should be saved for the last run at them.Main Danger17 Bacchus F: 43311B(9) W(56)Comes into this on the back of two impressive wins. Hard to hold out here and punters are getting overs. Right in this race.Next Best11 Rainbow Thief F: 1X432B(6) W(58.5)( J- Dwayne Dunn )WonDividends : $7.70 $2.60Working through its gears this season and it could improve enough to win. Another runner paying generous odds.Include in Multis12 Savvy Lad F: 22119B(1) W(58.5)( J- Damien Oliver )( T- Busuttin/Young )Beaten but certainly not disgraced last time out. Inside draw appeals and it could easily take this field down.Longer Odds5 Nudge Bar F: 16X35B(8) W(60)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- Peter Gelagotis )Battles away and it could boost payouts.
RemarksPlenty of eyes on the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 7.70Place1 11 $ 2.60Place2 13 $ 4.50Place3 10 $ 6.00Quinella 11:13 $ 59.70Trifecta 11:13:10 $ 1842.70First4 11:13:10:8 $ 13799.80Double 11/11 $ 87.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 8, 11, 12, 17RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%