Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TAB PLATETime: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Holster F:B(2) W(56)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )They often run well from this stable fresh up. Expensive purchased and we're expecting a forward effort here.Main Danger12 Relucent F: 43B(11) W(56)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $1.80Chris Waller-trained runner which has been well-received in the betting. Nice effort to run third last start so stick with it.Next Best14 Warning F: 74XB(13) W(56)( T- Anthony Freedman )PlacedDividend : $2.30Good money coming for it and it could fire a warning shot. Nice effort for fourth last start and it has plenty of upside.Include in Multis10 Pure Legend F: 5X32B(3) W(56)( T- John Sadler )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.60Nothing wrong with its last couple of placings. Drawn nicely here and it should put itself in the mix. Each way chance.Longer Odds3 Byalip F: 822XB(6) W(58.5)( T- Rick Harrison )Gets Oliver in the saddle and it could run well at big odds.
RemarksBig field with plenty of value runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.30Place1 10 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 1.80Place3 14 $ 2.30Quinella 10:12 $ 6.40Trifecta 10:12:14 $ 57.10First4 10:12:14:13 $ 507.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 9, 10, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LE PINE FUNERALS HANDICAPTime: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Spanish Point F: 013X3B(8) W(59.5)( T- Liam Howley )PlacedDividend : $1.70Imported runner which ran well to break maidens three back. Solid first up run in Australia and it's only going to improve with time.Main Danger7 Wealthy Wolf F: 22342B(10) W(57.5)( J- Ted Nugent )Hit the line nicely to run second last start and it didn't lose any admirers. Tricky draw but goes close with luck.Next Best9 Ubin Thunderstruck F: 07436B(2) W(55.5)( T- Scott Cameron )Continues to grind home nicely and this distance looks ideal. Should be able to run well here.Include in Multis5 Quaffany F: 02511B(3) W(59)( J- Luke Currie )WonDividends : $8.80 $2.40Going for three consecutive wins and that's not beyond the realm of possibility. Include.Longer Odds11 Converging F: 6X865B(5) W(54.5)( J- Linda Meech )( T- Matt Cumani )Getting better with every run this campaign. Chance to add some value.
RemarksLoose favourite which means plenty of value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.80Place1 5 $ 2.40Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 3 $ 1.70Quinella 5:6 $ 26.50Trifecta 5:6:3 $ 266.30First4 5:6:3:13 $ 1146.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BLUE STAR PRINT HANDICAPTime: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Firstclass Dreamer F: 169X1B(1) W(59)( T- Matthew Brown )PlacedDividend : $2.30Has three wins from its last five starts. That's good form and it has been running against nice fields throughout its career. Good odds on offer.Main Danger7 Tavistock Dancer F: 11X94B(5) W(59)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )Started its career in fine style with back-to-back wins. Only fair since but it looks good here and that was a better effort last start.Next Best14 Diamond Bow F: 65X23B(11) W(54.5)( T- Wendy Kelly )PlacedDividend : $2.00Drops down nicely in weight here and it has gone close twice this campaign. Drawn wide but only needs a good ride from Oliver. Chance.Include in Multis12 She's A Treasure F: X0744B(2) W(56.5)Turned around some moderate form with back-to-back fourths. Chance to go better here with the right run in transit.Longer Odds10 Annunciate F: 45222B(9) W(57.5)( J- Brad Rawiller )( T- P & C Hyland )Tough field but hard to overlook its recent form.
RemarksLooks a good midweek form guide
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 8.00Place1 9 $ 2.80Place2 5 $ 2.30Place3 14 $ 2.00Quinella 5:9 $ 24.00Trifecta 9:5:14 $ 234.40First4 9:5:14:13 $ 5657.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 7, 10, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE BIG SCREEN COMPANY HANDICAPTime: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sun City F: 221XB(6) W(63)( J- Lewis German )Nice placings to start its career before winning last start. Was sent for a spell and although carries a big weight, it has winning claims.Main Danger9 Vivaro F: X9172B(2) W(54)( T- James Cummings )Gets down in the weights and it has been well backed to win here. Tough to rule out any runner from this stable.Next Best3 Yulong Savings F: 120XB(5) W(58)( J- Jye McNeil )Looked good when winning on debut and it could run well fresh up here. Must be included in this.Include in Multis8 Ginny Ann F: 18XB(3) W(56)( J- Declan Bates )( T- Symon Wilde )PlacedDividend : $4.20Good enough run on debut to be considered here. Might have liked a wet track but include regardless.Longer Odds4 Lucifer's Reward F: 1939XB(4) W(57.5)( T- Brendan McCarthy )WonDividends : $13.20 $4.70Has pace and shouldn't be left out.
RemarksGood winning form throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 13.20Place1 4 $ 4.70Place2 8 $ 4.20Quinella 4:8 $ 44.90Trifecta 4:8:1 $ 365.30First4 4:8:1:3 $ 1052.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CLANBROOKE RACING HANDICAPTime: 5:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Lassiter F: 11XB(11) W(58.5)( J- Luke Currie )WonDividends : $7.10 $2.90Unbeaten after two starts and it rightfull holds favouritism. Tricky draw so will need luck but it should be right around the mark.Main Danger15 Varda F: 16XB(2) W(54)( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.70Good winner on debut before running averagely last start. Gets right down in the weights and it's foolish to rule out a Godophin runner at the moment.Next Best14 Punkzy F: 62X12B(8) W(56)( J- Ben Allen )Has a nice turn-of-foot and it can handle all conditions. Bookmakers are offering nice odds and they should be taken.Include in Multis1 Lady Solly F: 17X11B(6) W(60.5)( J- Luke Nolen )( T- Thomas Carberry )Shooting for three consecutive wins and it has been nicely backed in the betting. Chance here to keep that form alive.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Blondie F: 040X0B(3) W(60)( J- G Cartwright )( T- Brendan McCarthy )Has shown form in the past and is worth including at the odds.
RemarksNice field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 7.10Place1 6 $ 2.90Place2 15 $ 1.70Place3 9 $ 5.90Quinella 6:15 $ 12.80Trifecta 6:15:9 $ 576.00First4 6:15:9:3 $ 3376.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (6) Lassiter(14) Punkzy (15) VardaR6 (2) Lake's Folly(9) ExcusedR7 (1) Rox The Castle(12) Jumbo Ozaki (13) TaksuR8 (3) Tony Nicconi(6) Deep Euphoria (8) Fine DaneQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 55
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - TAB HANDICAPTime: 5:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Lake's Folly F: 1B(5) W(60)( J- Mark Zahra )( T- Anthony Freedman )Could be a nice type in the making. Defeated a subsequent city winner last time out and that form shapes up beautifully for this.Main Danger9 Excused F: 15B(2) W(59)( J- Craig Williams )PlacedDividend : $1.90Good win fresh up and wasn't too far away last time out. Drawn nicely here and it has Craig Williams in the saddle. Nice chance.Next Best10 La Falaise F: 218B(6) W(58.5)( J- Damien Thornton )( T- Henry Dwyer )Didn't show much when eighth last time out. Form was much better prior to that and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Include in Multis14 Wild Choice F: 3221B(16) W(59)( T- Richard Laming )Capped off some nice form with a win last time out. Drawn in barrier 16 here and it just needs early luck to feature in the finish.Longer Odds8 Eclair Breeze F: 3X21XB(10) W(59)( J- John Allen )Yet to finish outside of the money from three starts. Chance.
RemarksLovely race with good form throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 17.50Place1 7 $ 3.50Place2 6 $ 4.10Place3 9 $ 1.90Quinella 6:7 $ 156.10Trifecta 7:6:9 $ 1794.00First4 7:6:9:10 $ 6226.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 8, 9, 10, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PARK HANDICAPTime: 6:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Jumbo Ozaki F: 113X3B(4) W(55)( J- John Allen )PlacedDividend : $1.10Scratched due to a heavy track last start. Conditions are better here and it could show off its real talent. There's plenty of it in the tank.Main Danger1 Rox The Castle F: 11X92B(1) W(61.5)( J- Jack Martin )( T- Kerry Edwards )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.50Made nice ground behind Age of Chivalry last start. That form stacks up well but it has to carry the big weight. Dream run from the inside draw.Next Best13 Taksu F: 21125B(3) W(54.5)( J- Linda Meech )Has been running well and it shouldn't be left out here. Could run a nice race at odds.Include in Multis11 Czechoslovakia F: 32213B(13) W(55)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- Busuttin/Young )Doesn't know how to run a bad race and despite drawing wide, it shouldn't be too far away. Tough field however.Longer Odds4 Aristocratic Miss F: 23612B(8) W(58.5)( J- Fred W Kersley )In form and it has upside. Chance to score at good odds.
RemarksSaturday quality field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.00Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 12 $ 1.10Place3 8 $ 6.30Quinella 1:12 $ 2.80Trifecta 1:12:8 $ 183.40First4 1:12:8:13 $ 484.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TAB HANDICAPTime: 7:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Tony Nicconi F: 6X044B(5) W(61)( J- Lewis German )Drops back in grade after contesting some tough races. Drawn well here and it should be tough to beat in midweek grade.Main Danger6 Deep Euphoria F: 24016B(2) W(57.5)( J- Jake Noonan )( T- Rachael Frost )Impressive win two back before taking on a nice field last time out. Drawn well and it should be right in the mix.Next Best8 Fine Dane F: 3438XB(9) W(57.5)( J- Michael Poy )( T- John Moloney )WonDividends : $3.70 $2.30Resumes here and it has shown enough in the past to warrant attention. Just needs to find some cover from the wide draw.Include in Multis9 Cristal Eyes F: 1170XB(8) W(55)Capable on its day and it showed good form when winning its first two starts last campaign. Weighted nicely.Longer Odds4 Aluf F: 14003B(7) W(59.5)( J- Damien Thornton )( T- Jamie Edwards )PlacedDividend : $4.00Chance here based on its best form.
RemarksAnother high-quality field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.70Place1 8 $ 2.30Place2 4 $ 4.00Place3 5 $ 2.30Quinella 4:8 $ 36.60Trifecta 8:4:5 $ 252.70First4 8:4:5:9 $ 1674.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%