Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PARAMOUNT LIQUOR HANDICAPTime: 2:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Shot of Irish F: 42213B(10) W(60.5)( T- Scott Brunton )PlacedDividend : $1.70Made good ground when running third last time out. Has the talent to win this race and should be able to handle conditions.Main Danger11 Something Silver F: 36331B(3) W(56.5)( T- Clinton McDonald )Scored a deserved win last time out and it could kick on with it. Drawn well which is vital around The Valley. Goes close.Next Best3 Junipal F: X2523B(13) W(59)WonDividends : $6.90 $2.30Needs luck from out wide but has time to find cover. Has been producing some good efforts and only needs to live up its potential.Include in Multis4 Laure Me In F: 4X050B(8) W(59)Disappointing mostly this campaign after showing good ability last season. Might have needed the fitness so respect here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Dane Thunder F: 33885B(1) W(56.5)( J- John Allen )( T- Matt Cumani )PlacedDividend : $4.60Chance off the inside draw. Include for value.
RemarksOpen contest to start off the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.90Place1 3 $ 2.30Place2 1 $ 1.70Place3 10 $ 4.60Quinella 1:3 $ 9.40Trifecta 3:1:10 $ 327.60First4 3:1:10:4 $ 1408.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SWEENEY ESTATE AGENTS HANDICAPTime: 2:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 More Than Ever F: 22111B(7) W(61)Searching for its fourth consecutive win. Defied a betting drift last start and it only needs to carry the weight to win again. Goes on top.Main Danger11 Dabiyr F: 0X813B(3) W(56)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Chris Waller )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.60Not far off securing its third career win. Gets a good run from the draw and the conditions shouldn't be a worry. Big danger to the favourite.Next Best6 Not a Single Cent F: 65125B(9) W(59)Can be tough to follow after winning only two from 15. Talented at best and has taken on stronger fields than this. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis9 Good Idea F: 16622B(16) W(57)( J- Damien Thornton )( T- Phillip Stokes )Getting close to a victory after notching consecutive second placings. Just needs to find some cover from an extremely wide draw.Longer Odds10 Cedar Grande F: 61598B(1) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $5.10Owns upset claims when given a good ride.
RemarksGood money coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.30Place1 11 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 3.20Place3 10 $ 5.10Quinella 11:12 $ 15.20Trifecta 11:12:10 $ 310.10First4 11:12:10:5 $ 4109.10Double 3/11+ $ 19.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PALENTINO - OUTSTANDING 1ST CROP YEARLINGS PLATETime: 3:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Kooweerup F: 11XB(6) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Highly-touted by the stable and it could run well at nice odds. Impressive in two wins to date and it's drawn much better than the favourite.Main Danger3 Taraayef F: 211B(10) W(56)( J- - )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Another runner which has plenty of scope. Indicated good ability with consecutive wins and we wouldn't be surprised to see it winning this.Next Best5 Lady Lupino F: 5913XB(2) W(55)Well-backed throughout the week. Has a win on soft ground and that's a big talking point. Oliver is riding well so it's a top chance.Include in Multis9 Andrassy Avenue F: 194X5B(9) W(55)( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Shown enough ability throughout its career to be included at nice odds. Fourth run on this track will also help.Longer Odds1 La Tene F: 3116XB(3) W(57.5)( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $5.60Might not handle the wet but the odds are too good to pass up.
RemarksWinning form throughout this talented field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 6.60Place1 12 $ 2.20Place2 1 $ 5.60Place3 2 $ 1.90Quinella 1:12 $ 93.20Trifecta 12:1:2 $ 1419.30First4 12:1:2:7 $ 12640.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DR SHEAHAN PLATETime: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Fabric F: 37135B(3) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.90Never too far away from the play and it should be nicely suited by the light weight. Craig Williams rides and that's another positive.Main Danger6 Algadon Miss F: X5451B(5) W(56)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Matt Laurie )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50Hit the line nicely to score last time out. Produced three wins from three starts last prep and anything close to that form would win this.Next Best10 Street Icon F: 18X29B(9) W(54)( J- Ted Nugent )Scored back-to-back wins to open its career. Hasn't quite produced since but there's no superstars in this field so respect its chances.Include in Multis11 Calzini F: 04337B(6) W(54)( T- Bevan Laming )Follow the betting with this runner. Has been well supported throughout the week and it could threaten many of these down in the weights.Longer Odds3 Fragonard F: X3330B(7) W(59)( T- James Cummings )Chance to turn around a disappointing run last start. Include for value.
RemarksMany runners around the same price in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.10Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 3.00Place3 9 $ 1.90Quinella 6:7 $ 21.20Trifecta 6:7:9 $ 133.20First4 6:7:9:2 $ 1226.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SEPPELT WINES CARLYON STAKESTime: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Spirit Of Valor F: 3226XB(6) W(57)Good enough to run in some big races last season. Didn't fire but this is much easier and sticking with it. Would be good to see a late betting push.Main Danger3 Assertive Approach F: 1X112B(4) W(58)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.50Beaten and upset last start but not disgraced. Gives away some weight to the top pick and it hasn't won nearly as much money. Goes close regardless.Next Best2 Bons Away F: 4025XB(1) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.80Being well backed after opening at nice odds. Owns the talent and will get the inside running from barrier one. Must include in win bets.Include in Multis1 Oak Door F: 667X1B(2) W(58.5)( T- John Sadler )Took a long time to regain winning form but did so last start. Confidence is back and it could cause an upset in this.Longer Odds4 Ashlor F: 4174XB(3) W(57)( J- Daniel Stackhouse )( T- Dan McCarthy )Knows how to win and it could fire up in a fresh state.
RemarksExciting field with some enterprising sprinters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.70Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.80Quinella 2:3 $ 3.50Trifecta 3:2:1 $ 27.60First4 3:2:1:4 $ 62.50Double 6+/3+ $ 5.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HANDICAPTime: 5:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Romancer F: 51242B(4) W(54.5)( J- Lachlan King )( T- Grahame Begg )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Should appreciate the conditions and it was battling nicely behind Vinland last start. That form looks good for this and it should run close.Main Danger6 New Universe F: 36916B(10) W(55.5)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $1.80Wasn't going to win last start but got cut out in the straight. Good win prior and it should be going close against this level of opposition. Include.Next Best10 Strike Force F: X0601B(7) W(54)( J- Michael Poy )( T- Michael Moroney )Front runner that won last time - on that form, and with a good run, could well back upInclude in Multis9 Mosh Music F: 1111XB(9) W(54)( T- Archie Alexander )Can't be left out after winning four consecutive races to end its last campaign. Talented at best and carries a light weight.Longer Odds1 Volkstok'n'barrell F: 6000XB(11) W(61.5)( J- Brett Prebble )Has been backed in from massive odds. Former top liner which adds some interest.
RemarksForm coming from many different races in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.70Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 11 $ 4.20Place3 6 $ 1.80Quinella 7:11 $ 25.30Trifecta 7:11:6 $ 202.00First4 7:11:6:10 $ 609.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (6) New Universe(7) Romancer (9) Mosh Music (10) Strike ForceR7 (1) Hightail(3) Condo's Express (9) Deep ForceR8 (8) Terbium(9) Usain Bowler (11) TavisanR9 (3) Masculino(4) Al Galayel (12) Charossa (13) TavirunQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MCMAHON'S DAIRY MCKENZIE STAKESTime: 6:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Deep Force F: 13B(7) W(55)Disappointing last start but McEvoy believes he has it right to go. Good odds on offer and it could mature into a nice spring type.Main Danger1 Hightail F: 3692XB(9) W(56)( T- P & P Snowden )PlacedDividend : $1.40Second behind Exhilarates in the Magic Millions. That form has been franked since and Hightail should start showing some improvement now.Next Best3 Condo's Express F: 2221B(2) W(56)( T- Richard Laming )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.60Rattled off three consecutive placings before winning last start. Rock solid in the betting and that's a good sign against this level of opposition.Include in Multis2 Hawker Hurricane F: 1300XB(5) W(56)( T- Michael Moroney )PlacedDividend : $3.40Impressive on debut before running against some hot opposition. Looks to have come back well enough to be considered in this.Longer Odds6 Skiddaw F: 6X194B(11) W(55)Chance on its day. Could run well here.
RemarksLooks a nice form guide for the spring
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.90Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 2 $ 3.40Quinella 1:3 $ 3.70Trifecta 3:1:2 $ 57.40First4 3:1:2:10 $ 466.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RAVNET HANDICAPTime: 6:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Terbium F: 1116XB(12) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- Phillip Stokes )It's going to be tough from out wide but it has beaten some nice horses throughout its career. Steady in the betting and that's a good sign.Main Danger11 Tavisan F: X6X13B(8) W(55)WonDividends : $2.40 $1.30Well-suited to this track and it should appreciate the 55kg on its back. Could try cross to the rail and use that to its advantage.Next Best9 Usain Bowler F: 00X51B(9) W(56.5)( T- John Sadler )Boomed home to score last start and a repeat could be on the cards. Group 1 performer which could give punters a good result.Include in Multis7 Holbien F: 73535B(4) W(57)( T- Steve Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.80Could be the one to bring value to your multis ... tries hard and has good drawLonger Odds3 Heptagon F: 1417XB(5) W(60.5)( J- Ted Nugent )Could show some cheek fresh up.
RemarksGood form race and there's many nice types involved
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 2.40Place1 11 $ 1.30Place2 13 $ 2.90Place3 7 $ 2.80Quinella 11:13 $ 16.20Trifecta 11:13:7 $ 134.60First4 11:13:7:9 $ 474.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 7, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - MSC SIGNS HANDICAPTime: 7:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Tavirun F: 56111B(12) W(54)( J- Stephen Baster )( T- Busuttin/Young )PlacedDividend : $3.10In hot form after posting three consecutive runs. Has the confidence sky high and this track suits nicely. Just needs luck from out deep.Main Danger12 Charossa F: 02111B(8) W(54)( T- Gordon Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.00Another runner with plenty of confidence after three consecutive wins. Gets a better draw than the top pick and could push it close.Next Best3 Masculino F: 31222B(5) W(56)Owns plenty of class and enough to beat a field like this. Drawn well and it could turn consistent form into winning form.Include in Multis4 Al Galayel F: 0X777B(9) W(55.5)Warming up this campaign after some moderate performances. Better than that and it shouldn't be discounted.Longer Odds5 Harrison F: 4520XB(2) W(55.5)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Liam Howley )Could run a nice race in a fresh state.
RemarksBig and wide-open field to close The Valley card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 9.30Place1 8 $ 2.90Place2 12 $ 2.00Place3 13 $ 3.10Quinella 8:12 $ 30.30Trifecta 8:12:13 $ 427.40First4 8:12:13:5 $ 7472.20Double 11+/8 $ 18.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%