Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SANDOWN PLATETime: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Alburq F: 236X5B(4) W(58)( T- Michael Moroney )Disappointing last time out when fifth but that came against a strong field. Oliver rides and it has every chance to bounce back.Main Danger8 Triton Rising F: 3B(2) W(58)( J- Mark Zahra )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Heavily backed to win after running third on debut. Has good scope and it's bred to be better than average.Next Best5 Hilo F: 4XB(7) W(58)WonDividends : $4.20 $2.10Fair effort for fourth on debut. In the right hands and it should be right around the mark once again.Include in Multis12 Indiscretion F: 2523B(6) W(56)Hasn't lost any admirers with four starts for three placings. Drawn well enough to figure in the finish.Longer Odds6 Legionnaire F: 344X2B(3) W(58)( T- John Moloney )PlacedDividend : $4.20Good run for second last time out and it's worth including.
RemarksQuality field to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.20Place1 5 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 4.20Quinella 5:6 $ 18.80Trifecta 5:6:1 $ 95.20First4 5:6:1:8 $ 173.90Quaddie 5/11/7/5 $ 8125.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LE PINE FUNERALS HANDICAPTime: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Rhames F: 11X3B(10) W(59)Returned from a spell with a good placing last start. Made up big ground when third and it should take good benefit from that. Wide draw but likely to settle back regardless.Main Danger11 Rich Itch F: 56521B(8) W(55)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- Shawn Mathrick )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.80Has been well backed to win and could run them close. Coming off a nice win so respect.Next Best3 Shir F: 25102B(4) W(59.5)( J- Luke Currie )( T- Danny O'Brien )PlacedDividend : $2.60Good win three back and it backed that up with a nice performance last start. Might need a half-length but it can muster enough.Include in Multis2 Bold Missile F: 20X49B(9) W(59.5)( T- Henry Dwyer )Better than what it showed last time out. Showed good form around this time last campaign and we're expecting a better showing.Longer Odds10 Icon F: 15143B(1) W(57)( T- L & T Corstens )Gets the inside draw and that could be key here. Good enough to cause an upset.
RemarksSome nice types in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 5.30Place1 11 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 2.20Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 4:11 $ 22.90Trifecta 11:4:3 $ 182.70First4 11:4:3:6 $ 1290.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BLUE STAR PRINT HANDICAPTime: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Bass F: X255XB(1) W(57)( T- Liam Howley )PlacedDividend : $1.10Has more potential than most in this field. Doesn't need to do any work from the inside draw and it usually runs well fresh up.Main Danger9 Smokin' Pierro F: 65261B(5) W(54)( J- James Winks )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Scored a good win last start and that form should stack up nicely. 54kg on the back and that brings it right into contention.Next Best6 Creedence F: 5X654B(7) W(55.5)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Getting better this campaign and it's a progressive type. Gets in well off on the weights and this isn't beyond it. Right in this with luck.Include in Multis4 Akamon F: 16921B(8) W(56)( T- Shea Eden )Last start winner which has won two times already this campaign. Never too far away from the mark so include here.Longer Odds7 Brigadier F: 76761B(3) W(55)( J- Kate Walters )( T- Wayne Walters )WonDividends : $14.40 $3.00Last start winner which has the confidence up. Chance.
RemarksMany of these stayers could make a rise through the grades
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 14.40Place1 7 $ 3.00Place2 3 $ 1.10Place3 5 $ 3.70Quinella 3:7 $ 18.10Trifecta 7:3:5 $ 787.50First4 7:3:5:8 $ 5160.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE BIG SCREEN COMPANY HANDICAPTime: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Maozi F: X3126B(4) W(56)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- P & P Snowden )Has a nice turn-of-foot and although slightly average last start, its form prior was impressive. Nicely weighted and the odds on offer are good.Main Danger7 So You Swing F: 73941B(7) W(57.5)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )PlacedDividend : $1.50Comes into this with a good last-start win. That was a big turnaround in form and it could kick on with it now. Nice chance.Next Best11 Frazil F: 917B(3) W(54)( J- Craig Williams )PlacedDividend : $1.50Inconsistent form is slightly concerning but you can't rule out runners from this stable. 54kg and Craig Williams on the back helps.Include in Multis3 Black Bliss F: 15X04B(2) W(59.5)( T- Rebecca Waymouth )Scored three consecutive wins last campaign. No good fresh up but it was much better when fourth last start. Damien Oliver rides.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Cash for Diamonds F: 18201B(5) W(59.5)( T- John McArdle )Has been up for awhile and it comes into this with a win. Upset chance.
RemarksQuite a few nice Saturday types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 13.50Place1 5 $ 2.70Place2 11 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 1.50Quinella 5:11 $ 33.70Trifecta 5:11:7 $ 230.20First4 5:11:7:1 $ 1845.90Double 7/5 $ 152.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CLANBROOKE RACING HANDICAPTime: 5:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Jumbo Ozaki F: 113X3B(10) W(59)( J- John Allen )Lovely type which will doesn't want too much rain. Should be able to beat this field regardless as it has a stack of ability. Tough to beat with luck.Main Danger6 Killavally F: 101B(7) W(59)( J- Mark Zahra )Big win on debut before failing when up in grade. Got back to winning form last start and it has nice winning credentials. Threat to the favourite.Next Best1 Oceanex F: 1119XB(8) W(61)( J- Lachlan King )PlacedDividend : $2.60Handy customer which won three on the bounce last campaign. Capable of making a winning return despite the big weight.Include in Multis3 Mean Mister F: 11831B(3) W(60.5)( J- Jack Martin )( T- Jarrod Robinson )PlacedDividend : $2.40Owns good form, which includes four wins already this campaign. Has fitness on its side and bookies are offering good value odds.Longer Odds8 Wildwood Jade F: 51441B(9) W(59)( J- Daniel Stackhouse )( T- Jason Warren )Last start winner which could add some value.
RemarksPlenty of money for the favourite here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 13.30Place1 12 $ 4.00Place2 3 $ 2.40Place3 1 $ 2.60Quinella 3:12 $ 44.30Trifecta 12:3:1 $ 584.60First4 12:3:1:11 $ 5712.00Quaddie 12/2/6/17+ $ 8835.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (5) Jumbo Ozaki(6) KillavallyR6 (2) Meteor Light(4) Wealthy Wolf (7) Longclaw (9) Ubin ThunderstruckR7 (2) Zoubo(10) Shamwow (11) Punkzy (13) SmittenR8 (5) Firstclass Dreamer(12) Taksu (15) Tavidance (17) Frankly HarveyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 5:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Longclaw F: 50X21B(5) W(59.5)( J- Billy Egan )( T- Patrick Payne )Last start winner which could make it back-to-back wins. Form has turned around nicely this preparation and there has been strong money come.Main Danger4 Wealthy Wolf F: 82234B(8) W(60.5)( J- Ted Nugent )PlacedDividend : $1.70In good form with three placings from its last four starts. Tricky draw but it has attracted attention in the betting. Each-way chance.Next Best2 Meteor Light F: 24235B(2) W(60.5)( J- Michael Poy )( T- Michael Moroney )WonDividends : $7.60 $2.30Four placings this preparation and it hasn't been too far off the mark. Drawn well in barrier two and it's another each-way chance.Include in Multis9 Ubin Thunderstruck F: 00743B(3) W(58.5)( T- Scott Cameron )Made good ground from the back last start to run third. Drawn to settle a touch closer here and it has been one of the better backed runners.Longer Odds12 Reliabelle F: 68412B(3) W(57)( J- Harry Grace )( T- Doug Harrison )Last two starts have been good. Looks a chance again.
RemarksPlenty of each-way types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 7.60Place1 2 $ 2.30Place2 4 $ 1.70Place3 14 $ 10.70Quinella 2:4 $ 12.70Trifecta 2:4:14 $ 1289.50First4 2:4:14:13 $ 13030.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 6:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Punkzy F: 62X12B(10) W(56)Made good ground when second last time out. Has a nice future at this level and bookies are offering good odds. Should be tough to beat.Main Danger10 Shamwow F: 7108XB(2) W(57)( J- Stephen Baster )( T- Busuttin/Young )Showed enough ability to contest Saturday-grade races last preparation. Owns potential and could win this rather easily with luck.Next Best13 Smitten F: 51B(3) W(54)( J- Craig Williams )Last start winner from the James Cummings stable. That form has to be respected and it gets in with a light weight. Goes close.Include in Multis2 Zoubo F: 1839XB(1) W(61)( J- Lachlan King )PlacedDividend : $1.80Could back-to-back wins to open its career. Form since has been only fair but it gets a good draw and shouldn't be too far away.Longer Odds5 Gala Moshea F: 19X36B(4) W(59)( J- Arron Lynch )( T- Brett Conlon )Good enough to run in the money here at nice odds.
RemarksAnother open field with good odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 12.00Place1 6 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 1.60Quinella 2:6 $ 29.70Trifecta 6:2:3 $ 260.00First4 6:2:3:5 $ 1586.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 10, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SANDOWN HANDICAPTime: 7:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick17 Frankly Harvey F: 32233B(2) W(56)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Robert Hickmott )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.60Has run five consecutive placings this campaign. Knocking on the door and it gets in well on the weights from a good draw. Top chance.Main Danger15 Tavidance F: 153XB(6) W(57.5)( J- Michael Dee )Showed its ability when winning on debut. Handy run for third last start and it could make a winning return. Watch for late betting moves.Next Best12 Taksu F: 21125B(12) W(58.5)( J- Linda Meech )Won back-to-back races earlier this preparation and it should be around the mark again. Just needs to cope with the wide draw.Include in Multis5 Firstclass Dreamer F: 169X1B(17) W(59)( T- Matthew Brown )Won well second-up last campaign and could do the same here. Showed its quality when winning fresh so consider.Longer Odds9 Diplomac Jack F: 40X77B(7) W(58.5)( J- John Allen )( T- Thomas Carberry )Better than what it has shown lately. Upset chance.
RemarksTough field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 17 $ 3.00Place1 17 $ 1.60Place2 16 $ 2.90Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 16:17 $ 17.90Trifecta 17:16:10 $ 132.70First4 17:16:10:14 $ 995.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 9, 12, 15, 17RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%