Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KC EQUIPMENT MAIDEN PLATETime: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Fast Eva F: 7X693B(8) W(57)( T- T & T Edmonds )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.10Put the writing on the wall when third last start. Looks to have more ability than most here and it has been well-backed to win.Main Danger7 Beyond Desire F: 6X583B(4) W(57)( J- Glen Colless )PlacedDividend : $1.10Another runner which improved nicely to run third last start. Drawn well and a senior rider takes the saddle. Chance.Next Best3 Distracted F: 6X334B(7) W(59)( J- James Orman )( T- Billy Healey )Twice-placed already this preparation and there's little wrong with that form. Should be right around the mark.Include in Multis1 Bay Shot F: 20083B(9) W(59)( J- Mark Du Plessis )( T- Paul Nipperess )PlacedDividend : $2.80Rebounded back to form after some dreadful performances. Good third placing last start and the odds are appealing for this.Longer Odds5 Verdancy F: 96837B(11) W(59)( J- Jackson Murphy )( T- Paul Robbins )Only needs to find a half-length to be figuring in the money.
RemarksSome nice types in this maiden race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.00Place1 10 $ 1.10Place2 7 $ 1.10Place3 1 $ 2.80Quinella 7:10 $ 2.30Trifecta 10:7:1 $ 34.40First4 10:7:1:4 $ 171.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EVA SMITH MEMORIAL TROPHY MAIDEN HANDICAPTime: 3:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Reus F: 2B(3) W(58)( J- Ryan Plumb )( T- Michael Costa )PlacedDividend : $1.10Didn't lose any admirers when running second on debut. Likely to draw good benefit from that and punters have been backing it throughout the week.Main Danger11 Triple The Fun F:B(8) W(55.5)On debut after some pleasing trial form, which includes a win at Gold Coast. From a stable that gets them ready fresh so treat with respect.Next Best9 Cubix F: 7X8B(4) W(55.5)WonDividends : $3.50 $1.30Stablemate to Triple The Fun. Has been backed in from a quote despite showing little in two runs to date. Interesting runner.Include in Multis2 Improving F: 55B(5) W(58.5)( T- Angela Plumb )Not really improving after running two fifths to date. Chance to improve here, however, so include at double-figure odds.Longer Odds4 Spring Day F:B(7) W(57.5)( J- Emily Atkinson )Another Dunn-trained runner which could show something on debut.
RemarksA maiden but one of the more intriguing races on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.50Place1 9 $ 1.30Place2 3 $ 1.10Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 3:9 $ 2.80Trifecta 9:3:7 $ 24.10First4 9:3:7:1 $ 197.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ALTANKS HANDICAPTime: 3:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jackpot Jay F: X3215B(9) W(60)( J- Daniel Griffin )( T- Les Kelly )WonDividends : $2.20 $1.00Has won and placed twice this campaign. Must find a spot from a wide draw but has time to find cover and should be finishing off nicely.Main Danger6 I'm Kate F: 8X561B(7) W(54.5)( J- Matt McGillivray )PlacedDividend : $1.80Scored an overdue win last start and it could kick on with it now. Gets in with a light weight and there has been solid money coming. Good chance.Next Best3 Washington Street F: 9X465B(6) W(57.5)( J- Sheriden Tomlinson )( T- Chris Munce )Has ability and might have needed all three runs this campaign. Ready to show its best now and punters are getting nice odds.Include in Multis4 Prince of Arran F: 5X065B(8) W(57)( J- - )( T- Maryann Brosnan )Has promised to rise to the next level but never gone there. Meets an even field this time around and could take advantage. Another runner at generous odds.Longer Odds10 Bring Euro F: X7929B(1) W(54)( J- Beau Appo )( T- Daniel Bowen )Gets the inside draw with a light weight. Chance for the upset.
RemarksLooks a competitive field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.20Place1 1 $ 1.00Place2 5 $ 3.70Place3 6 $ 1.80Quinella 1:5 $ 25.40Trifecta 1:5:6 $ 157.10First4 1:5:6:11 $ 3399.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WILLIAMS GROUP AUSTRALIA TYGALGAH CUP HANDICAPTime: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Kopella F: X3315B(6) W(60)( J- Sheriden Tomlinson )( T- Steve Tregea )Has won this campaign and has gone close in three other runs this campaign. Has attracted plenty of attention in the betting.Main Danger2 Red Heat F: 3X211B(9) W(60)( J- Ben Looker )PlacedDividend : $1.90Looking for back-to-back wins and has every chance of doing so. Tricky draw but that shouldn't worry it too much. Chance.Next Best7 Cushty Princess F: 04375B(1) W(54)( T- Marcus Wilson )Has won this campaign and although inconsistent, it could return to winning form in this. Inside draw with a light weight.Include in Multis4 Aberlady F: X8765B(3) W(57.5)( J- Michael Cahill )( T- Jan Pritchard )Looked good when last in work, scoring three wins. Goes close with a good run here and it runs at nice odds.Longer Odds5 Lookin' At You F: 28478B(5) W(57.5)( J- Jackson Murphy )( T- Carolyn Halliday )Better than its recent form is showing. Chance.
RemarksAll the money at the top of the market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 18.10Place1 3 $ 3.90Place2 2 $ 1.90Place3 8 $ 2.10Quinella 2:3 $ 16.00Trifecta 3:2:8 $ 803.60First4 3:2:8:10 $ 5914.40Double 1+/3 $ 41.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CUDGEN LEAGUES CLUB NEWMARKET HANDICAPTime: 5:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Snitz F: 3047XB(7) W(59.5)Form isn't good but most of those performances have come against tough opposition. Very well backed to win and that's a good sign.Main Danger3 Taillevent F: 47223B(3) W(59.5)( J- Mark Du Plessis )( T- Bruce Hill )Comes into this with three consecutive placings. More than capable of turning that consistent form into winning form.Next Best4 Toy Boy F: 0X017B(1) W(59.5)( J- Jake Bayliss )( T- Maryann Brosnan )Goes into the mix based on its win two back. Didn't follow that up last start but should find this slightly easier. Inside draw helps.Include in Multis7 Waltzing Willie F: 14X33B(8) W(55)( J- Tegan Harrison )( T- Donna Grisedale )WonDividends : $9.90 $2.30Rarely too far away from the prize. Knocking on the door after consecutive placings and it could add some nice value.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Malmoosa F: 9X05XB(5) W(55.5)( J- Anthony Allen )( T- Daniel Bowen )Could surprise a few punters in a fresh state. Being specked which isn't too surprising.
RemarksPlenty of speedy customers in the Newmarket
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 9.90Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 8 $ 3.50Place3 1 $ 3.20Quinella 7:8 $ 51.20Trifecta 7:8:1 $ 951.30First4 7:8:1:2 $ 1863.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Snitz(3) Taillevent (4) Toy BoyR6 (1) Elixir(2) Pirlo (6) The Sinner (8) PeppinoR7 (2) Powerline(3) Zamex (4) Ready for Danger (6) ShauquinR8 (2) Dorset Coast(7) Sylvester (8) Daisy's Apart (9) DixieQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - XXXX GOLD HANDICAPTime: 5:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Pirlo F: 1X20XB(1) W(59.5)( J- Emily Atkinson )Good winner on debut and followed that up with a placing. Didn't fire following that but has been spelled and gets the inside draw with a claim. Nice odds.Main Danger1 Elixir F: X3343B(5) W(60.5)( J- Minehiko Shimodaira )( T- Les Kelly )WonDividends : $2.20 $1.20Has taken plenty of money throughout the week after posting three third placings from four starts this time in. Worth including.Next Best6 The Sinner F: 14XB(8) W(57.5)( J- Daniel Griffin )( T- Natalie McCall )Winner on debut and went a fair race second up. Likely to come back stronger and it should prove tough to beat. Odds are dropping.Include in Multis8 Peppino F: 251X4B(10) W(56)( J- Jarrod Woodhouse )( T- John Smerdon )Experience customer with 26 starts. Only the one win but that came recently and the confidence should be up. Worth including at the odds.Longer Odds5 William F: 3315XB(4) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.50From the Dunn stable and it showed enough ability last preparation to go close here.
RemarksPlenty of each-way types lining up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.20Place1 1 $ 1.20Place2 4 $ 1.40Place3 5 $ 2.50Quinella 1:4 $ 3.80Trifecta 1:4:5 $ 26.40First4 1:4:5:11 $ 603.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RIVERVIEW HOTEL MURWILLUMBAH CUPTime: 6:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Powerline F: 10441B(1) W(61)( J- Ben Looker )Got back into winning form when scoring at Casino last start. Harder here but it has always been a confidence type. Worth sticking with.Main Danger4 Ready for Danger F: 144X0B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Wasn't ready for danger last start but usually rebounds nicely. Backed as if it will be bouncing back and it goes into the mix.Next Best3 Zamex F: 37007B(5) W(59)Has always had ability but just needs to find some confidence. Was running in the city not long ago and we'll allow another chance.Include in Multis6 Shauquin F: 61421B(13) W(56.5)( J- Ricki Palmer )( T- Harold Norman )PlacedDividend : $1.60Drawn deep but owns two wins from its last four starts. In the right vein of form and it won't be far away from them. Each-way odds.Longer Odds1 Bodega Negra F: 80117B(8) W(62)( T- Bruce Hill )Better than what it showed last start so stick with it.
RemarksFeature race of the day and it's a lovely country cup field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 15.70Place1 10 $ 3.90Place2 4 $ 1.90Place3 6 $ 1.60Quinella 4:10 $ 51.30Trifecta 10:4:6 $ 344.60First4 10:4:6:3 $ 2305.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - KIDS ON THE BORDER FOUNDATION HANDICAPTime: 6:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Sylvester F: 03231B(1) W(60)( J- Jarrod Woodhouse )( T- Ben Ahrens )Last-start winner which hit the line with real authority. Likely to go on with it now and it won't have to spend much energy off the inside draw.Main Danger9 Dixie F: 6X125B(11) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.00Drawn deep but was won and placed this campaign. Going well and with Robbie Fradd in the saddle, it should be pumped along nicely.Next Best8 Daisy's Apart F: 110X6B(4) W(59)Produced back-to-back wins last preparation and although only fair last start, improvement is in store. Drawn well and comes from the Dunn stable.Include in Multis2 Dorset Coast F: X5813B(5) W(60.5)( J- Olivia Pickering )( T- Terry McCarthy )Doesn't often run a bad race and has won this campaign. Gets some weight off its back and it has been heavily backed to score.Longer Odds11 Flim Flan Man F: 359X2B(6) W(58.5)( J- Noriyuki Masuda )( T- Ethan Ensby )Much better run last start and it could kick on with it now.
RemarksPlenty of good form in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 11.60Place1 1 $ 3.40Place2 9 $ 2.00Place3 5 $ 2.70Quinella 1:9 $ 27.80Trifecta 1:9:5 $ 389.50First4 1:9:5:2 $ 3093.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%