Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - THE VALLEY PLATETime: 8:30 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Universal Lady F:B(4) W(56)( J- Mark Zahra )( T- Maher/Eustace )PlacedDividend : $1.60Strong money has come for it throughout the week. That's a good sign, so watch betting moves come race night.Main Danger7 Maha F: 1B(5) W(56)( J- Michael Dee )( T- T & C McEvoy )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.30Did the job nicely on debut at Bendigo after leading throughout. In the right hands and we're confident of its chances.Next Best1 Favell F: 33B(8) W(58)( T- James Cummings )Has experience after back-to-back third placings. Can't discount its chances on those efforts and it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis9 Luiselli F: 0XB(6) W(56)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Did nothing on debut but it's better for the outing. Has been spelled since and betting suggests that it has come back in good order.Longer Odds10 Sahara Song F:B(3) W(56)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )PlacedDividend : $2.80Could show up on debut.
RemarksEven field to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.00Place1 7 $ 1.30Place2 10 $ 2.80Place3 11 $ 1.60Quinella 7:10 $ 24.50Trifecta 7:10:11 $ 115.80First4 7:10:11:9 $ 480.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - 4 PINES BREWING CO HANDICAPTime: 9:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Vungers F: 9X322B(6) W(59.5)( T- Brendon Hearps )WonDividends : $3.60 $2.20A consistent type that is knocking on the door after three consecutive placings. Deserves a winning turn and it should be running close.Main Danger2 Necessary F: 01322B(2) W(59.5)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Enver Jusufovic )Twice a winner already this season, and the other starts have included three straight placings. Every chance of winning this race, so include in selections.Next Best1 Muswellbrook F: 45443B(3) W(60)PlacedDividend : $3.10Capable on its day and it ran home stylishly last time out. Good chance here.Include in Multis6 Nudge Bar F: 6X350B(1) W(59)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Peter Gelagotis )Needs to bounce back after its most recent effort, but has the ability to do so. Draws the rail and that's a positive. Chance.Longer Odds5 Moscow Red F: X8871B(7) W(59)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Henry Dwyer )Talented type on its day. Generous odds.
RemarksQuality field with many talented types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.60Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 1 $ 3.10Quinella 1:3 $ 13.30Trifecta 3:1:7 $ 107.80First4 3:1:7:6 $ 407.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - POWERFLO SOLUTIONS HANDICAPTime: 9:30 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Zayydani F: 11XB(10) W(58)( J- Luke Nolen )Unbeaten after two starts and that's good form coming into this. Needs luck from the draw but it has the barrier speed to combat it.Main Danger5 Contrition F: 210X1B(3) W(58)( J- Michael Walker )( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )Two wins from four starts and it looked good winning last time out. Looks likely to kick on with it and there is good money with bookmakers.Next Best9 Seles F: 24733B(2) W(57)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $2.10Finding it tough to win a race but it's getting close after consecutive placings. Drawn well and that helps around this track.Include in Multis4 Monaafasah F: 413XB(9) W(58.5)( T- Chris Waller )Imported runner and they always need to be included. Owns a win and a placing from three starts, so it has ability.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Richwaite Lady F: 11312B(6) W(59)( T- Gerald Egan )WonDividends : $22.10 $4.90Can't deny its recent form. Include at odds.
RemarksForm out of this race should stack up beautifully
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 22.10Place1 3 $ 4.90Place2 2 $ 3.40Place3 9 $ 2.10Quinella 2:3 $ 63.70Trifecta 3:2:9 $ 1305.00First4 3:2:9:6 $ 6291.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - RANVET ABELL STAKESTime: 10:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Faatinah F: 487X0B(1) W(59.5)WonDividends : $4.60 $1.90Good enough to win in Dubai and although average fresh up, it has quick improvement in store. Gets the inside draw to help.Main Danger5 Gift Of Power F: 257X4B(2) W(54)( T- Anthony Freedman )PlacedDividend : $2.00Former Kiwi which ran well for fourth at Flemington. Has a stack of barrier speed and with 54kg on its back, it should be right in the mix.Next Best4 Mystyko F: 23320B(4) W(54.5)( T- Trevor Rogers )Had been running consistent races before its failure last start. Should find this easier and there is money coming for it.Longer Odds1 Cliff's Edge F: 6620XB(5) W(60)( J- John Allen )( T- Maher/Eustace )It can never be ruled out. Talented top-end ability.
RemarksSmall field but that makes for an exciting contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.60Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 2.00Quinella 2:5 $ 7.00Trifecta 2:5:3 $ 89.50First4 2:5:3:4 $ 112.90Double 3/2 $ 84.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - 55 SECOND CHALLENGE HEAT 16Time: 10:30 | Distance: 955m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Vivaro F: 26X21B(2) W(55)( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.30Scored nicely last start and it gets every chance to kick on with it. Draws barrier two, has 55kg on its back, and Craig Williams rides. Yes.Main Danger7 Human Nature F: 427X3B(8) W(57.5)( T- M, W & J Hawkes )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.60Handy effort for third fresh up and it has more top-end ability than most here. Just needs some early luck from the draw.Next Best1 Pleasant F: 1611XB(3) W(63)( J- Alana Kelly )( T- Phil Sweeney )Big weight but it won three out of its four starts last campaign. Has been well-backed to win, so consider.Include in Multis10 Gold Spark F: X417XB(4) W(55.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Will Clarken )PlacedDividend : $2.10Not the most consistent type running, but it could cause a slight upset.Longer Odds3 Cath's Village F: 1267XB(1) W(61)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Kevin Corstens )Knows how to win and it gets the inside draw. Chance.
RemarksOne of the better 55 Second Challenges we have seen
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.00Place1 7 $ 1.60Place2 10 $ 2.10Place3 11 $ 1.30Quinella 7:10 $ 14.30Trifecta 7:10:11 $ 63.30First4 7:10:11:8 $ 299.00Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Pleasant(7) Human Nature (11) VivaroR6 (2) Just a Joke(3) Influential Jack (6) Think We're Due (10) Dark ConfidantR7 (1) Adelaide Ace(2) NonconformistR8 (1) Forbid Me Not(9) Ancestry (12) The StylistQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ADAPT AUSTRALIA PLATETime: 11:00 | Distance: 2040m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Influential Jack F: 4X234B(1) W(59.5)( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Talented and although yet to win this campaign, it's only a matter of time. Gets the inside draw and Oliver rides. Top chance.Main Danger6 Think We're Due F: X4823B(5) W(59.5)( J- Ben Melham )( T- Andrew Noblet )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.80It's definitely due after back-to-back placings. Shouldn't be taking too long to win a race and it could come here.Next Best10 Dark Confidant F: 44825B(6) W(56)( T- Matthew Dale )Another runner that needs to start showing some winning form. First start on this track and new surroundings could help.Include in Multis2 Just a Joke F: 7X115B(2) W(60.5)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Scored back-to-back wins earlier this preparation. Likely to push forward and try hang on late. Nice odds.Longer Odds7 Coin Collector F: 4318B(4) W(59)( T- Danny O'Brien )PlacedDividend : $3.30Chance with its best form.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.60Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 7 $ 3.30Place3 11 $ 5.00Quinella 6:7 $ 41.00Trifecta 6:7:11 $ 572.40First4 6:7:11:10 $ 4358.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ALISTER CLARK STAKESTime: 11:30 | Distance: 2040m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Adelaide Ace F: 5X131B(3) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- Lindsey Smith )PlacedDividend : $1.30Defied them last start after leading throughout. It's a nice type in the making and history could repeat itself once again.Main Danger2 Nonconformist F: 33112B(1) W(57)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Grahame Begg )WonDividends : $4.10 $2.00Couldn't run down Adelaide Ace last start but it put up a mighty effort. Draws the rail and it should settle into a nice position. Chance.Next Best8 Miami Bound F: 411X8B(4) W(55)( T- Danny O'Brien )Oaks winner which just battled last start. We're prepared to allow another chance, but not all Oaks winners come back. Watch for late betting support.Include in Multis5 Diasonic F: 55X42B(6) W(57)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Richard Laming )Nice type that meets a very strong stakes field. Could run on nicely and slingshot them on the turn.Longer Odds4 Think 'N' Fly F: X2115B(2) W(57)Knows how to win and it could add some value.
RemarksQuality field for the feature of the night
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.10Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.30Quinella 1:2 $ 2.90Trifecta 2:1:5 $ 22.50First4 2:1:5:8 $ 66.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CRANBOURNE FENCING HANDICAPTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Forbid Me Not F: X4522B(10) W(61)( J- Ted Nugent )( T- Symon Wilde )Drawn wide but it went very close last time out. Paying generous odds with bookmakers and they should be taken.Main Danger9 Ancestry F: X3101B(5) W(57)( J- Ben Thompson )( T- Phillip Stokes )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.80Two wins from its last four starts. Can't deny that form and we're not surprised to see the odds on offer.Next Best12 The Stylist F: 11529B(7) W(56)( J- Jarrod Fry )( T- Deanne Taylor )PlacedDividend : $1.90Talented at best and it only needs to rebound after a disappointing effort last start. Capable of bouncing back.Include in Multis5 Mysticano F: 16132B(1) W(60)( J- Jerry Chau )( T- Darren Magro )In good form after scoring three back and following that up with back-to-back placings. Chance off the inside draw.Longer Odds2 Cuban Toonite F: 1239XB(2) W(60.5)Usually finds form quickly. Chance on that.
RemarksEach-way odds in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.70Place1 9 $ 1.80Place2 12 $ 1.90Place3 10 $ 1.40Quinella 9:12 $ 8.60Trifecta 9:12:10 $ 41.10First4 9:12:10:8 $ 303.30Double 2/9 $ 13.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%