Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RACING PHOTOS DIGITAL ALBUM HANDICAPTime: 7:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Fallen Empire F: X331XB(10) W(59)( J- Damien Thornton )( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Has been heavily backed to win after showing good efforts last campaign. Needs luck from the draw but it has upside.Main Danger1 Sam's Image F: 227X4B(1) W(61.5)( T- John Sadler )PlacedDividend : $1.70Handy run for fourth when resuming. Expect a better run now with the fitness under its belt. Chance.Next Best3 Non Paear F: 50323B(8) W(60.5)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Christopher Diplock )Owns plenty of speed and it runs well at The Valley. Likely to come out of the gates well and stick on gamely.Include in Multis9 Rock Tycoon F: 9X421B(6) W(59)( T- Price/Kent (Jnr) )Last-start winner with the ability to kick on with it. Having Damien Oliver in the saddle helps, so include.Longer Odds6 Cashed Up F: 1X714B(2) W(60)( J- Lucinda Doodt )( T- Patrick Payne )Good win two back and it wasn't far away last start. Chance.
RemarksOpen field in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 15.90Place1 10 $ 4.60Place2 2 $ 2.70Place3 1 $ 1.70Quinella 2:10 $ 82.10Trifecta 10:2:1 $ 1322.90First4 10:2:1:7 $ 8995.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EVOLVE INTERIORS EMMA BOLING PLATETime: 8:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Overkill F: 21X1B(1) W(57)( J- Ben Melham )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.50Produced a good sprint to score last start. It looks like a nice type on the rise and it gets every chance off the inside barrier.Main Danger10 Wings Of Pastrami F: 1111XB(7) W(55.5)( T- Jeff Searle )PlacedDividend : $1.90It won all four races it contested last campaign. It's harder here but with Craig Williams in the saddle, it should get a good ride. Danger.Next Best2 Star Surprise F: 6X106B(6) W(57.5)( J- Michael Dee )( T- Michael Moroney )PlacedDividend : $4.00Way over the odds and it showed what it can do fresh up. Has faced tough fields since and this looks suitable. Chance.Include in Multis9 Ocular F: 12B(8) W(57)( J- Dean Holland )( T- Shea Eden )Handy win on debut and it didn't do much wrong when second last time out. Each-way odds offered.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Nerone F: 3221XB(10) W(57)Worth including at the odds. Last-start winner.
RemarksAnother wide-open race with good odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.20Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 10 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 4.00Quinella 6:10 $ 8.20Trifecta 6:10:2 $ 140.10First4 6:10:2:7 $ 1084.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PALENTINO READY TO LAUNCH VALLEY PEARLTime: 8:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Unanimous F: 1B(5) W(57)Did the job well on debut and it's paying nice odds to continue that form. Drawn to get a nice drag throughout, so put on top.Main Danger1 Larimer Street F: 232B(2) W(57)( T- Busuttin/Young )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.40Yet to win from three starts but those have come behind some nice types. Easier here and that is why it has been well-backed to win.Next Best9 Montia F: 1B(3) W(55)( J- Regan Bayliss )( T- Hayes/Dabernig )Scored easily on this track on debut. Having experience here helps and it could rise through the grades nicely. Chance.Include in Multis8 Vangelic F: 16B(6) W(55)( T- Waterhouse/Bott )PlacedDividend : $1.80Not everything went right last start and it could bounce back. Showed speed when winning in Sydney on debut. Chance on that run.Longer Odds7 Frankie Two Angels F:B(9) W(57)( T- L & T Corstens )Could run well at value odds.
RemarksIt looks like a competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.70Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 3.80Quinella 1:8 $ 9.50Trifecta 1:8:3 $ 151.70First4 1:8:3:9 $ 502.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SIMPSON CONSTRUCTION HANDICAPTime: 9:00 | Distance: 2040m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Relucent F: 34X14B(4) W(58)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $1.70Got the job done two back and it wasn't far behind last start. Williams rides this track well and it has been well supported so far.Main Danger1 Too Close the Sun F: 1X313B(7) W(63)( J- Lachlan Neindorf )( T- Lindsey Smith )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70A winner of four from 10, and it also has five placings. Consistent start to its career and it can handle the big weight.Next Best8 Ghodeleine F: 40441B(3) W(59)( J- Chris Caserta )( T- Andrew Noblet )PlacedDividend : $1.30In form now after winning last start. It was a 4.3-length win on this track, so that form is tough to ignore.Include in Multis5 Cape Richards F: 93813B(9) W(61)( J- Liam Riordan )( T- Nathan Hobson )A recent winner which usually runs well at value odds. Just needs to find cover from an outside barrier.Longer Odds11 La Belle Jude F: 25518B(2) W(57.5)( J- Joe Bowditch )( T- Gemma Rielly )Better than what it showed last start. Chance.
RemarksPlenty of form throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 1.70Place3 8 $ 1.30Quinella 1:10 $ 5.10Trifecta 1:10:8 $ 24.40First4 1:10:8:6 $ 1236.70Double 1+/1 $ 10.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - 55 SECOND CHALLENGE FINALTime: 9:30 | Distance: 955m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Our Gladiator F: X1911B(3) W(57)( J- Jessica Eaton )( T- Jerome Hunter )Can't overlook its form. Three wins from four starts this campaign and it gets every chance from the draw. Nice odds.Main Danger6 Bella Vella F: 0152XB(4) W(55)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Will Clarken )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.80It's a talented type on its day. Qualified for this race in October and although fresh up, it has won fresh in the past. Chance.Next Best7 Miss Norway F: 40X32B(8) W(55)( T- John Sadler )Owns the ability to keep up with them over this distance. Knocking on the door after consecutive placings.Include in Multis2 Fine Dane F: 21960B(5) W(58)( T- John Moloney )PlacedDividend : $1.80Talented but it hasn't been running well of late. Should appreciate running in this grade, so consider.Longer Odds9 Rebel Miss F: 3135XB(6) W(55)( T- Matthew Smith )PlacedDividend : $5.20Two-time winner fresh, so don't discount.
RemarksIt should be an exciting final
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.60Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 5.20Quinella 2:6 $ 13.00Trifecta 6:2:9 $ 404.50First4 6:2:9:10 $ 2838.20Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (5) Our Gladiator(6) Bella Vella (7) Miss Norway (9) Rebel MissR6 (1) La Tene(2) Meuse (6) SnapdancerR7 (1) Scales of Justice(9) Bivouac (11) Loving GabyR8 (3) Irithea(4) Princess Jenni (7) Bam's On FireQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - DYNAMIC PRINT GROUP ALEXANDRA STAKES (G3)Time: 10:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 La Tene F: 20X16B(4) W(58)Showed its ability when bursting through to win fresh. Fair last start but that was to be expected. Can bounce back.Main Danger2 Meuse F: X5X13B(6) W(55)( J- Damian Lane )( T- Anthony Freedman )Third in a good race at Flemington last start. Better suited here and it has the potential to win at this level. Each-way odds.Next Best6 Snapdancer F: 240X4B(2) W(55)PlacedDividend : $2.40Fair effort when resuming, but it has improvement to come. The money has been put on, which is a good sign.Include in Multis7 Paradee F: 8X131B(10) W(55)( T- Danny O'Brien )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70Owns good tactical speed and it could handle the rise in class. Yet to meet a field this good, but we wouldn't be surprised to see it win.Longer Odds3 Mrs Beckham F: X3117B(11) W(55)( J- Chris Symons )( T- Ellerton/Zahra )Gets its chance to rebound. Former Kiwi with talent.
RemarksSome talented types in this stakes race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.20Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 6 $ 2.40Place3 5 $ 9.20Quinella 6:7 $ 15.20Trifecta 7:6:5 $ 602.40First4 7:6:5:8 $ 5901.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - KEOGH HOMES WILLIAM REID STAKES (G1)Time: 10:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Bivouac F: 62X61B(1) W(56)( J- Hugh Bowman )Indicative Odds: $2.40Showed a great turn-of-foot when winning last time out. Looks set for another big run, but it must escape the rail. That's the only concern.Main Danger11 Loving Gaby F: 12X32B(5) W(54)Indicative Odds: $4.60It loves this track and having only 54kg on the back is ideal. It will settle just off the pace and come with a big run wide.Next Best1 Scales of Justice F: 15X16B(3) W(58.5)( J- Dean Yendall )( T- Lindsey Smith )Indicative Odds: $11.00Odds are generous for a runner of this class. Draws ideally and it should take a forward position and kick strongly.Include in Multis10 Exceedance F: 331X6B(8) W(56)( J- Tommy Berry )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Indicative Odds: $8.00Probably not suited to Moonee Valley, but it goes in on class alone. A Group 1 winner with more wins in store.Longer Odds7 Pippie F: 102X1B(10) W(56.5)( J- Ben Melham )( T- J & C Meagher )Indicative Odds: $13.00Could apply the pressure early and it's a front-runners track.
RemarksIt looks another great edition of the Group 1
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SHEAMUS MILLS BLOODSTOCK SUNLINE STAKES (G2)Time: 11:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Bam's On Fire F: 21722B(8) W(57)( J- Hugh Bowman )Indicative Odds: $6.00Runs at nice odds despite showing good form throughout this season. Back-to-back placings coming into this and it could go one better.Main Danger3 Irithea F: 62742B(2) W(57)( J- Damian Lane )( T- Bjorn Baker )Indicative Odds: $5.50Likely to push forward and try run them into the ground. Narrowly beaten last start and the draw helps.Next Best4 Princess Jenni F: 104X3B(5) W(57)( T- David Brideoake )Indicative Odds: $2.50Talented on its day and that was a nice resuming run for third. Has been well-backed to win, so consider.Include in Multis2 Spanish Reef F: 0X536B(6) W(57)( T- Ken Keys )Indicative Odds: $6.50A touch disappointing this preparation but it won't take long to get back into the winners circle. Chance.Longer Odds6 Fidelia F: 0X833B(4) W(57)( T- Robbie Griffiths )Indicative Odds: $16.00Will get back and storm home.
RemarksQuality race to close the card with
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%