Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DISTINCTIVE FLOOR COVERINGS HANDICAPTime: 8:30 | Distance: 3000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Yulong Rising F: 62721B(1) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.50Scored a much-needed win last start and it could kick on with it now. Gets the inside draw and it will get a nice run throughout the race.Main Danger4 Serenade the Stars F: 55031B(3) W(57)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Peter Gelagotis )Another runner that capped off some solid form with a win. Should enjoy the distance and punters are getting each-way odds.Next Best3 Ablaze F: 14211B(6) W(57)( J- John Allen )( T- Maher/Eustace )WonDividends : $5.40 $3.00Rattled off back-to-back wins coming into this race. Knows how to win and it has been good form throughout this season. Good chance again.Include in Multis6 Count Zero F: 21432B(4) W(55)( J- Fred W Kersley )( T- Symon Wilde )Hasn't run a bad race for a while now. Nicely weighted at 55kg and it should be right around the mix. Each-way chance.Longer Odds7 Obscura F: 81236B(5) W(55)( J- Linda Meech )( T- Kevin Corstens )Capable on its day. Worth including at the odds.
RemarksA small field for the staying opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.40Place1 3 $ 3.00Place2 2 $ 1.50Quinella 2:3 $ 7.60Trifecta 3:2:6 $ 87.70First4 3:2:6:5 $ 212.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LESLEY MCPHEE MEMORIAL PLATETime: 9:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Sayumi F: 3XB(9) W(56)( T- Matt Laurie )PlacedDividend : $2.00Did enough on debut to warrant attention here. Faces a tough field but it should run close with some cover from the draw.Main Danger11 Win Fall F: 3X32B(7) W(56)( J- Jye McNeil )PlacedDividend : $1.60Has race fitness on its side with two runs already this campaign. Gets a better draw than the favourite and that could be a big factor.Next Best6 Palacio Musico F: 4X2B(10) W(58)( J- Jamie Kah )Bred to be speedy and it showed that when running second last start. Drawn deep but it must be considered on ability.Include in Multis7 Shevrolet F:B(6) W(58)( J- Ethan Brown )( T- Michael Kent )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.20There was good specking as soon as markets opened. That's a good sign and it could pay to follow the betting moves.Longer Odds5 Mosset F:B(10) W(58)( J- Jack Martin )( T- Paul Rocke )On debut and it could show some good speed.
RemarksPlenty of capable types in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.70Place1 7 $ 1.20Place2 10 $ 2.00Place3 11 $ 1.60Quinella 7:10 $ 8.80Trifecta 7:10:11 $ 46.90First4 7:10:11:4 $ 143.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - LENEVA PARK HANDICAPTime: 9:30 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Peak F: 2131XB(2) W(58)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- M, W & J Hawkes )Ran against some nice types last campaign and that form stacks up nicely for this. Drawn well and Dunn rides The Valley well.Main Danger1 Jedastar F: 20X8XB(1) W(59)( J- Joe Bowditch )( T- Lloyd Kennewell )Looked the goods winning on debut and its last couple of runs have been against nice types. Gets the rail and should use it.Next Best3 Meteorite F: 261XB(5) W(56.5)Defeated a handy field on this track last start. Was immediately spelled and it could come back with authority. Include.Include in Multis11 Vivaro F: 726X2B(6) W(55)( J- Craig Williams )( T- James Cummings )WonDividends : $7.10 $2.80Gets down in the weights and it gets Craig Williams in the saddle. Worth considering at the each-way odds.Longer Odds5 Oceanic Drift F: 48X12B(3) W(56.5)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Wendy Kelly )PlacedDividend : $4.10Running well enough and it could provide punters with some value odds.
RemarksFollow the form out of this contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 7.10Place1 11 $ 2.80Place2 5 $ 4.10Quinella 5:11 $ 30.90Trifecta 11:5:2 $ 146.30First4 11:5:2:9 $ 1337.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE DRAIN MAN HANDICAPTime: 10:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Leale F: X4113B(6) W(55.5)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Michael Kent )PlacedDividend : $1.30Back-to-back wins before running third last start. Gets right down in the weights and we're expecting money to come on race night.Main Danger8 Part Time Lover F: 6X221B(5) W(58)( J- Chris Symons )( T- Ellerton/Zahra )PlacedDividend : $1.60Capped off a couple of placings with a win last start. Owns ability and just needs to start stringing some performances together. Goes close.Next Best6 Think I'm Dreaming F: X0622B(7) W(58.5)Back-to-back second placings coming into this race. Will need some early luck from the draw but it should produce another strong showing.Include in Multis3 Prism F: 51536B(2) W(59.5)( J- Lachlan King )Good win earlier this campaign and it has been fair since. Gets an inside draw and it shouldn't be to far away. Worth including.Longer Odds2 Moscow Red F: 16X88B(8) W(59.5)Better than what it has been showing this preparation.
RemarksEach way odds throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 20.00Place1 9 $ 4.30Place2 11 $ 1.30Place3 8 $ 1.60Quinella 9:11 $ 13.70Trifecta 9:11:8 $ 261.70First4 9:11:8:4 $ 2056.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - 55 SECOND CHALLENGE HEAT 14Time: 10:30 | Distance: 955m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Our Gladiator F: 40X19B(4) W(63)( J- Jessica Eaton )( T- Jerome Hunter )WonDividends : $6.70 $2.90Needs to bounce back after a tough run last start. Looked good when winning prior and drawing close to the rail helps in this race.Main Danger10 Princess Flagrant F: 14251B(10) W(57.5)( J- Jamie Kah )( T- Jason Warren )Will need some luck from the draw but it has fitness on its side and shouldn't be far away. Good win last start and that form holds well.Next Best7 Lady Solly F: 19X72B(7) W(58.5)( J- John Allen )( T- Thomas Carberry )Will look to jump well and try cross the field. Usually finds form quickly in the campaign and it looks ready to strike now. Chance.Include in Multis11 Stravain F: 5X311B(1) W(57)( J- Ben Thompson )( T- Robbie Griffiths )PlacedDividend : $2.80Shooting for three in a row and we wouldn't put that past it. Drawn the rails and punters are getting nice odds.Longer Odds9 Rock Hard F: 7480XB(6) W(58)( T- Byron Cozamanis )Chance of rocking them fresh.
RemarksLooks a competitive heat for the sprint
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.70Place1 1 $ 2.90Place2 11 $ 2.80Quinella 1:11 $ 17.90Trifecta 1:11:7 $ 193.10First4 1:11:7:3 $ 379.30Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Our Gladiator(7) Lady Solly (10) Princess Flagrant (11) StravainR6 (1) Vungers(2) Bill The Bee (8) Saint PeterR7 (4) Sassy Salitage(6) Grand Scholar (8) Ms CatherineR8 (10) LeiterQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MSC SIGNS HANDICAPTime: 11:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Bill The Bee F: 24183B(3) W(61.5)( J- Jessica Eaton )( T- Michael Moroney )Stable is firing and it has been in solid form for most of its season. Good winner three back and anything close is good enough.Main Danger8 Saint Peter F: 0X331B(7) W(59.5)( J- Harry Coffey )( T- Maher/Eustace )Last start winner that has ability. In good hands and it shouldn't be too far away from them. Odds offered are generous.Next Best1 Vungers F: 19X32B(6) W(62.5)( J- Lachlan King )( T- Brendon Hearps )PlacedDividend : $2.20Indicated that a win isn't far off after two placings this campaign. Big weight but has handled that in the past. Include.Include in Multis5 Firstclass Dreamer F: 47707B(5) W(60.5)( T- Matthew Brown )Needs to turn its form around but the ability is there. Placed at its only start at The Valley. Chance on that.Longer Odds4 Montaser F: 13045B(1) W(61)( J- Thomas Stockdale )( T- Busuttin/Young )PlacedDividend : $3.40Off the inside draw so stick with it.
RemarksGood field and it should be a close contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 23.10Place1 3 $ 6.30Place2 1 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 3.40Quinella 1:3 $ 81.10Trifecta 3:1:4 $ 1603.60First4 3:1:4:11 $ 36043.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TYPHOON TRACY STAKESTime: 11:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Sassy Salitage F: 112XB(2) W(56)( J- Damien Oliver )( T- Greg Eurell )Looked good winning its first two starts. Drawn well and it ran second behind a nice type last start. Owns a stack of ability and deserves favouritism.Main Danger8 Ms Catherine F: 11B(3) W(55)( J- G Cartwright )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.70Faces a steep rise in class for this race but it has been destroying good fields. Well-weighted type with every chance in this.Next Best6 Grand Scholar F: X1110B(8) W(55)Unbeaten from two starts at The Valley. Needs to rebound after a bad run at Gold Coast, but it has the potential to do so.Include in Multis7 Don'ttelltheboss F: 437X9B(4) W(55)( J- Brett Prebble )( T- Robbie Griffiths )PlacedDividend : $3.00Better than what it showed fresh up. Could improve significantly and punters get good odds.Longer Odds1 Tenley F: 3076XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Damian Lane )( T- James Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.90Longer odds than expected. Add for value.
RemarksQuality race with a quality field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.60Place1 8 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 1.90Place3 7 $ 3.00Quinella 1:8 $ 13.70Trifecta 8:1:7 $ 291.80First4 8:1:7:4 $ 514.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - DRUMMOND GOLF HANDICAPTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'10 Leiter F: 23X72B(7) W(59.5)( J- James Winks )( T- Tom Hughes )Indicative Odds: $2.60Made up good ground last start and it could be the underrated runner in this field. Has form around some quality types, so include.Main Danger11 Vegas Knight F: 3027XB(2) W(59.5)( J- Craig Williams )( T- Colin Little )Indicative Odds: $5.00Good bets coming for it in a fresh state. Owns a placing on this track and it could pay to follow the market. Should go well.Next Best6 It's Not There F: 44102B(11) W(60.5)( J- G Cartwright )( T- Julie Schmidt )Indicative Odds: $10.00Has been there at times. Past winner this season and it could return to that quality form.Include in Multis12 Yulong June F: 2714XB(5) W(59.5)Indicative Odds: $12.00Three wins from nine starts and it has made a solid start to its career. Each-way odds and it represents value.Longer Odds2 Sweet Snitty F: X4196B(12) W(62)( J- Liam Riordan )( T- Lloyd Kennewell )Indicative Odds: $8.50More than capable on its day.
RemarksMoney coming for multiple runners
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%