Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SHARP ELECTRONICS GROUP BEAUMONT HANDICAPTime: 3:40 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Toscanini F: 445B(1) W(58)( T- Maher/Eustace )Has raced against some nice types so far. It has been competitive in those events and this should be slightly easier. Top chance.Main Danger3 Sidearm F: 7X4B(2) W(57.5)Produced a much better run when fourth last start. Drawn to get a nice sit behind the speed and launch with a good run late.Next Best4 Adversity F: 34B(2) W(57)( T- P & P Snowden )Didn't do much right last start but it has been well-backed to score. In the right hands and the Snowdens have a good record with their youngsters.Include in Multis5 Much Much Better F: 5B(5) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.10Raced at Warwick Farm on debut so it should find this more to its liking. Drifting a touch in the betting but it should remain steady on race day.Longer Odds7 Heavy Rotation F: 56B(1) W(55)( J- James Innes Jnr )( T- Gerald Ryan )Gets a good run from the draw and it should be kept safe.
RemarksSome potentially smart types in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 35.20Place1 6 $ 8.60Place2 5 $ 2.10Quinella 5:6 $ 32.90Trifecta 6:5:1 $ 554.00First4 6:5:1:3 $ 449.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BELLA GROUP SERVICES PLATETime: 4:15 | Distance: 2300m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Also Cool F: 54512B(1) W(57)( T- Garry White )Has the fitness under its belt now and its form is improving. Scored a quality win two back and it looks a threat in this.Main Danger3 Holy Sunday F: 45212B(5) W(57.5)( T- John Sargent )In good hands and having Hugh Bowman riding is a bonus. Has attracted good attention in the betting and it should be tough to hold out.Next Best7 Lord Tropicana F: 43432B(4) W(55)( J- Robbie Dolan )( T- Gary Portelli )WonDividends : $3.60 $2.00Consistent efforts this campaign without winning. Gets in well on the weights and it could turn its form into winning form. Include.Include in Multis2 Colonnade F: 15362B(6) W(57.5)( J- Samantha Clenton )( T- Melissa Harrison )PlacedDividend : $3.10Has been in work for a long time now and that fitness could pay off. Handy second placing last start and a win wouldn't surprise.Longer Odds1 Whangamata F: 82X08B(7) W(59)( J- Jeff Penza )( T- Tara & Phillipe Vigouroux )Better for two runs in. Goes well on this track so consider.
RemarksSmaller field but it should be a good race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.60Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 3.10Quinella 2:7 $ 14.50Trifecta 7:2:1 $ 191.10First4 7:2:1:4 $ 448.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PRIME7 POSTHASTE HANDICAPTime: 4:50 | Distance: 900m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Clear the Beach F: 11432B(7) W(60.5)( J- Nash Rawiller )( T- Gregory McFarlane )It ran a good race for second at Randwick last start and that form should hold up nicely. Nash rides and despite the big weight, he should go close.Main Danger4 Iconic Star F: 1X116B(3) W(55)( J- Louise Day )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.70Looked good earlier this campaign but didn't show much in a Highway Handicap last start. Expect better at this level.Next Best1 All Stand F: 81111B(4) W(62)( J- Tom Sherry )( T- Mark Stewart )Can't deny its form of four consecutive wins. Deserves respect and it only needs to carry the big weight to figure.Include in Multis5 Iamacrumpet F: 26227B(8) W(54)( J- Robbie Dolan )( T- Jan Bowen )PlacedDividend : $2.20Only fair last start but it usually rebounds from a bad run nicely. 54kg is a big bonus and that could make the difference.Longer Odds7 Martinique F: 18X93B(1) W(54)( J- Jay Ford )( T- Mark Minervini )PlacedDividend : $3.60Chance off the inside draw.
RemarksAnother competitive field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.90Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 2.20Place3 7 $ 3.60Quinella 4:5 $ 20.30Trifecta 4:5:7 $ 679.10First4 4:5:7:8 $ 1691.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WESTFIELD KOTARA MAIDEN HANDICAPTime: 5:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Zebrowski F: 26XB(3) W(59.5)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.00Ran sixth behind Kubrick last start, which lines up at Group 1 level on Saturday. Looked good in a recent trial and it has good upside.Main Danger2 Patrina F: 22B(4) W(58)( J- Tom Sherry )( T- Kylie Gavenlock )PlacedDividend : $1.40Showed good pace when being narrowly run down last start. Draws outside the top pick but it should press forward. Chance.Next Best3 Shadow Girl F: 332XB(6) W(56.5)( T- Anthony Cummings )PlacedDividend : $1.80Three starts for three placings. Nice effort to run second last start and it could be ready to fire here. Include.Include in Multis4 Pellezzano F: 77B(8) W(54.5)Racing a bit below what it could be showing. Has looked good at home and it could start showing that on race day now.Longer Odds8 Saturn F: 63664B(5) W(54)( J- Mitchell Bell )( T- Matthew Smith )Could produce an out-of-this-world performance at odds.
RemarksThe form out of this race should hold up well
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.00Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 1.80Quinella 1:2 $ 2.90Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 9.10First4 1:2:3:8 $ 48.60Double 4/1+ $ 10.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HUNGERFORD HILL MAIDEN PLATETime: 6:10 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Zakat F: X232XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Joshua Parr )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.10Didn't do much wrong in three runs last campaign, placing in all three. Those came against some nice types, so it should be tough to beat.Main Danger7 Menagerie F: 3X33XB(8) W(57)( J- Tim Clark )( T- Joseph Pride )PlacedDividend : $2.10Knocking on the door after four consecutive third placings to open its career. Needs to find luck from the draw but it has the quality.Next Best9 Our Fraulein F: 6X434B(6) W(56.5)Confidently backed in the market and that's a good sign. Has been threatening to win a good race and this could be the one.Include in Multis4 Warp Speed F: 53XB(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Ended its first campaign with a handy placing. It has the services of Hugh Bowman and it could provide punters with each-way odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Maccomo F: 4B(4) W(58.5)( J- Christian Reith )( T- Joseph Pride )Did enough on debut to be considered at a nice price.
RemarksPlenty of each-way chances in the quaddie opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.60Place1 5 $ 1.10Place2 4 $ 1.70Place3 7 $ 2.10Quinella 4:5 $ 4.80Trifecta 5:4:7 $ 59.00First4 5:4:7:6 $ 184.00Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (5) Zakat(7) Menagerie (9) Our FrauleinR6 (2) Charles Seven(13) Reaching (14) SophomoreR7 (1) Gaulois(3) Special Reward (9) Desert LordR8 (3) Lagarde(5) Piping Roller (10) SnitzinnatiQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - KAM-COOL REFRIGERATION MAIDEN PLATETime: 6:50 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Reaching F: 322B(12) W(56.5)( T- Kim Waugh )Scratched from Wednesday and has attracted a lot of attention in the betting. Comes into this with good form and it should go well.Main Danger14 Sophomore F: 3B(10) W(56.5)WonDividends : $6.90 $1.70Good effort for third on debut at this track. It should appreciate the track experience and it could give the favourite something to think about.Next Best2 Charles Seven F: X2338B(2) W(58.5)Didn't handle the rise in class last start but it looked better prior to that. Punters are getting good each way odds.Include in Multis5 Lanu Moana F: 2B(6) W(57)( T- Chris Waller )PlacedDividend : $2.60Tough to discount a Waller-trained runner. Did enough on debut for second and it should get every chance from the draw.Longer Odds1 Bring It Back F: 535X5B(8) W(59)( J- Adam Hyeronimus )( T- Waterhouse/Bott )Could improve by a length and score an upset.
RemarksThis maiden could unearth some nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 6.90Place1 14 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 2.60Place3 12 $ 3.00Quinella 5:14 $ 31.80Trifecta 14:5:12 $ 746.50First4 14:5:12:1 $ 2032.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SUEZ NEWCASTLE NEWMARKET HANDICAPTime: 7:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Special Reward F: X5621B(6) W(57)Indicative Odds: $2.90Went to another level when winning last start. Gets the benefit of racing on its home track, which is ideal. Has been well backed to win.Main Danger9 Desert Lord F: 399X5B(1) W(54)Indicative Odds: $5.50Talented on its day and off the inside draw with 54kg on its back, it should go close. Had no luck last start so forgive that effort.Next Best1 Gaulois F: 1X431B(9) W(59)Indicative Odds: $6.50Last-start winner that handled the wet track with distinction. Conditions should be ideal here and it's paying a nice price.Include in Multis8 Dealmaker F: 6120XB(4) W(54)( T- Chris Waller )Indicative Odds: $10.00Has to be included in selections on talent alone. Doesn't always show that ability but it's there and the odds are appealing.Longer Odds11 Cuba F: 41X68B(8) W(54)( J- Tim Clark )( T- John Thompson )Indicative Odds: $16.00Dangerous at the weights. Include for value.
RemarksA quality field that has attracted some big bets
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SIMTRACK F&M HANDICAPTime: 8:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Piping Roller F: 214X4B(4) W(58.5)( T- Mitch Newman )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.20Did enough when fourth fresh up to warrant attention. Owns ability, as it showed when scoring last campaign. Likely to run close.Main Danger10 Snitzinnati F: 1B(7) W(57)( J- James Innes Jnr )( T- Gerald Ryan )Bred for speed and it showed that speed on debut. Harder here but it was hard not to be impressed. Value odds.Next Best3 Lagarde F: 24363B(9) W(59)( T- Brad Widdup )A mare that has run against stronger fields than this. Drawn a touch awkwardly but it doesn't need to improve much to win.Include in Multis6 Islands F: 7X362B(1) W(58)( J- Christian Reith )( T- Brad Widdup )Gets the inside draw and has done well to place in two of three runs this preparation. Worth including again at the odds.Longer Odds1 Joy for Us F: 15X7XB(5) W(60)( J- Cameron Noble )( T- Kim Waugh )PlacedDividend : $4.60The stable is running well and it could add to the success.
RemarksSome interesting types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.70Place1 5 $ 1.20Place2 1 $ 4.60Place3 7 $ 1.70Quinella 1:5 $ 35.30Trifecta 5:1:7 $ 184.90First4 5:1:7:10 $ 874.50Double 3+/5+ $ 7.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%