Aurie's Star Handicap day at Flemington where there are currently no even money favourites
R2 (2) Kilimanjaro
Best "Each Way"
R5 (5) O'rachael
No Best Roughie
- Race 1 - VRC MEMBER RAYMOND ALI HANDICAP 3YO R70 ( R1)Time: 2:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $130000
- Top Pick2 Confluence F: 5X222B(6) W(59)( T- Ellerton/Zahra (Flemington) )PlacedDividend : $2.10Three consecutive second placings coming into this and it did things tough last start. Just needs some early luck.Main Danger8 Sheer Madness F: 16X85B(4) W(57)( J- Ethan Brown (a3) )( T- John Salanitri (Caulfield) )WonDividends : $9.00 $2.70Has a chance at figuring in the finish with some luck.Next Best3 Nistaan F: 2X34B(1) W(59)Has been expensive in three starts to date and it just needs a lift a touch. Has the talent to win at this level.Include in Multis5 Mulk F: 92213B(7) W(58)Rarely far away from the prize and it has good natural pace. Won't be far away.Longer Odds7 Kedleston F: 4X366B(5) W(57)( J- Brandon Stockdale (a3) )( T- Tony Vasil (Caulfield) )PlacedDividend : $3.70Capable colt which drops back in grade for this after running sixth last start. The 3kg claim helps.
RemarksThe form out of this race should be strong this spring
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 9.00Place1 8 $ 2.70Place2 2 $ 2.10Place3 7 $ 3.70Quinella 2,8 $ 23.60Trifecta 8:2:7 $ 647.90First4 8:2:7:4 $ 2972.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - VRC MEMBER BEVERLEY HOGAN HANDICAP ( R2)Time: 2:50 | Distance: 2530m | Prize $130000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Kilimanjaro F: 64X36B(1) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Imported runner which likely needed to get its fitness back this campaign. Has ability and this looks an ideal target.Main Danger1 Araldo Junior F: 60551B(6) W(58)( J- Patrick Moloney )( T- Michael Moroney (Flemington) )Led them last time out in an easier race, but conditions don't change much for this and it could capitalise again.Next Best3 Master Zephyr F: 30632B(5) W(55)( J- Ben Allen (a1.5) )( T- Darren Weir (Ballarat) )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.50Long time between drinks, but it indicated a return to form last start and the betting support has come.Include in Multis4 Super Haze F: 51421B(2) W(54)( T- Tony McEvoy (Angaston) )Easy winner on this track last start and it is perfectly weighted to repeat the dose. Nice chance.Longer Odds6 Lautaro F: D6033B(3) W(54)( T- Andrew Dale (Albury) )Competed well at Scone, but was disqualified. Has ability and could run a place.
RemarksAll the betting has come for the runners at the top of the page
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.60Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 3.50Quinella 2,3 $ 4.60Trifecta 3:2:5 $ 139.00First4 3:2:5:4 $ 381.80Double 8/3 $ 22.60DBL conc 8/2 $ 8.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VRC MEMBER GRAEME MCMENAMIN HANDICAP ( R3)Time: 3:25 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $109000
- Top Pick2 Sovereign Nation F: 6X153B(4) W(55)WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Has mixed it with some nice types and it looks ready to win again. The betting support has come nicely.Main Danger4 Fanatic F: 4260XB(2) W(54)Kiwi runner which could need the run, but is capable of running well.Next Best7 My Paisann F: X2213( T- Lisa Enright (Mornington) )Fitter for having four runs this time in and all four have been quality. This is another level, but it needs to be included.Include in Multis1 Tally F: 7710XB(3) W(61)( T- James Cummings (Flemington) )PlacedDividend : $3.10Classy at best and it has won and placed when fresh up. Big weight, but it can't be left out.Longer Odds3 Tried And Tired F: 73044B(6) W(55)( J- Jye McNeil )( T- Jarrod McLean (Yangery) )Punters might be getting tired after trying so much, but it's too good on its day to leave out.
RemarksTidy field with many winning hopes
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.30Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 3.10Quinella 1,2 $ 6.60Trifecta 2:1:3 $ 32.10First4 2:1:3:5 $ 79.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - VRC MEMBER WILLIAM O'GRADY HANDICAP R84 ( R4)Time: 4:00 | Distance: 1700m | Prize $109000
- Top Pick11 Jaminzah F: 18621B(9) W(54)( J- Stephen Baster )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.70Got the right run and burst through to win last start. Looks a decent up-and-comer which could win again.Main Danger9 Cosmic Lights F: 42336B(1) W(55)( T- Peter Morgan (Whittlesea) )Consistent type which always finds a way to get beaten. Needs to get off the inside, but it has a good finishing burst.Next Best5 Portion Control F: 62441B(6) W(58)( J- Cory Parish )PlacedDividend : $1.70Beat the talented Show a Star last start and that should be good form if it can replicate the goods.Include in Multis3 Riyadh F: X2111B(7) W(59)( J- Brian Higgins )( T- Peter Healey (Mornington) )Winner of its last three races and it has won twice at Flemington from three starts. Harder here, but worth including.Longer Odds6 Duke of Ellington F: 12576B(4) W(57)( J- Ethan Brown (a3) )( T- Ciaron Maher (Warrnambool) )PlacedDividend : $3.60Handles all conditions and winning this isn't beyond it.
RemarksMost of the money has come for last start winner Jaminzah
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.50Place1 11 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 1.70Place3 6 $ 3.60Quinella 5,11 $ 6.20Trifecta 11:5:6 $ 173.50First4 11:5:6:1 $ 994.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - VRC MEMBER MARK YOUND HANDICAP 4YO+ R84 ( R5)Time: 4:35 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $109000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 O'rachael F: 53474B(6) W(54)Continues to be ridden upside down, so hopefully they push forward with it. Has the ability and this is a suitable race.Main Danger2 Samovare F: 231X2B(8) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.20Has attracted plenty of attention with punters, but the odds are too short second up. Include in all bets.Next Best6 Swampland F: 32611B(3) W(54)( T- Henry Dwyer (Caulfield) )WonDividends : $4.70 $1.60In great form having won its last two and maybe the penny has dropped for this talented runner.Include in Multis3 Niminypiminy F: X5293B(5) W(55)PlacedDividend : $2.00Has the experience needed to down a field like this. Will put itself in the race and prove tough to beat.Longer Odds4 Tavi Bay F: X199XB(2) W(55)( J- Jake Bayliss (-2.00) )( T- Henry Dwyer (Ballarat) )Good record fresh up and at this track. Paying nice odds so include for value.
RemarksFormer Kiwi O'Rachael still seeks its first Australian win
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.70Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 2 $ 1.20Place3 3 $ 2.00Quinella 2,6 $ 4.80Trifecta 6:2:3 $ 52.70First4 6:2:3:8 $ 193.20Treble 2/11/6 $ 47.20Quaddie 3/2/11/6 $ 186.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - VRC MEMBER JOAN WATSON HANDICAP R70 ( R6)Time: 5:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $65200
- Top Pick19 Tahi F: 12( T- Danny O'Brien (Flemington) )Good win on debut and it proved its worth last start. Gets in with a claim and there's plenty of hype around this runner.Main Danger7 I Boogi F: 118X1B(8) W(59)Placed at all three runs at this distance and it's coming off an impressive win. Not easy from the draw, but consider.Next Best3 Knowable F: 139X8B(4) W(60)( J- Chris Caserta (a3) )( T- Steve Richards (Flemington) )Competed against some nice types last campaign and it needed the hit out last start. Don't drop just yet.Include in Multis9 Kilmacurragh F: 10X3XB(1) W(59)( J- Dwayne Dunn )( T- M, W & J Hawkes (Flemington) )Has been unlucky at times, but it should roll forward here and give them something serious to catch.Longer Odds5 Fire Agate F: 17624( T- Greg Eurell (Cranbourne) )Rarely too far away from the action and the 3kg claim is a big assist.
RemarksGreat betting field where multiple runners have been backed
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 3.90Place1 13 $ 1.70Place2 16 $ 4.40Place3 11 $ 1.90Quinella 13,16 $ 41.00Trifecta 13:16:11 $ 259.90First4 13:16:11:8 $ 2745.70Double 6/13 $ 20.50DBL conc 6/16 $ 19.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (3) Knowable(7) I Boogi (9) Kilmacurragh (19) TahiR7 (1) Hey Doc(3) Grande Rosso (5) Flippant (7) CannyescentR8 (1) Crocodile Rock(9) Galaxy Raider (13) Dollar for DollarR9 (7) Rocket Tommy(11) Tribal Wisdom (12) RunsatiQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 13
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 9, 19RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - AURIE'S STAR HANDICAP ( R7)Time: 5:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $163000
- Top Pick5 Flippant F: 33X53B(6) W(54)( T- P & P Snowden (Randwick) )Has won down the Flemington straight in the past which is a massive assist. Ready to win another race.Main Danger7 Cannyescent F: 16111B(10) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.60Up-and-coming type which has rattled off three consecutive wins. Has struggled in this grade in the past, but allow another chance.Next Best3 Grande Rosso F: 1175XB(9) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.20Likely to need the run, but it has been positively backed in the betting which suggests it could be ready to fire.Include in Multis1 Hey Doc F: 31196B(8) W(59)WonDividends : $5.60 $2.00Far too good to leave out of quaddie selections. Australian Guineas winner with plenty of upside.Longer Odds9 Ruettiger F: X0339B(1) W(54)Past winner on this track and is capable of springing an upset.
RemarksBest race of the day which features a group one-performed runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.60Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 7 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 3.20Quinella 1,7 $ 9.20Trifecta 1:7:3 $ 133.20First4 1:7:3:2 $ 572.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - VRC MEMBER DORIS THEUMA HANDICAP R78 ( R8)Time: 6:35 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $130000
- Top Pick1 Crocodile Rock F: 1X21XB(6) W(60)PlacedDividend : $1.40Showed ability in two runs last campaign and that form looks good for this. Just needs clear running to wind up.Main Danger9 Galaxy Raider F: X9223B(9) W(57)( J- Nikita Beriman )( T- Greg Eurell (Cranbourne) )Has been expensive for punters this preparation, but the ability is there and the odds are appealing this time around.Next Best13 Dollar for Dollar F: X1745B(7) W(56)Didn't get much luck when travelling wide last start. Drawn better here and it should appreciate Flemington.Include in Multis16 Alward F: 34X54B(4) W(54)( J- Michael Walker )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.00Produced a big finish last time out and chances are it will again with the light weight.Longer Odds2 Bling Dynasty F: 1X263B(11) W(58)( J- Jordan Childs )( T- Paul Preusker (Horsham) )Twice a winner and placed at this distance. Big weight, but the odds are good.
RemarksGood mix of middle distance and staying types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 5.40Place1 16 $ 2.00Place2 5 $ 9.50Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 5,16 $ 137.10Trifecta 16:5:1 $ 556.30First4 16:5:1:9 $ 2885.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 9, 13, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - VRC MEMBER CHARLES WHITE HANDICAP R90 ( R9)Time: 7:10 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $109000
- Top Pick12 Runsati F: 39X08B(1) W(54)( T- Bryan Maher (Benalla) )Unbeaten fresh up from two starts and it likes this distance. Drawing wide down the straight is ideal.Main Danger7 Rocket Tommy F: 1110XB(9) W(57)( T- Gwenda Johnstone (Echuca) )Another fresh performer and it loves Flemington with two starts for two wins. Must be included.Next Best11 Tribal Wisdom F: 1710XB(6) W(54)( J- Patrick Moloney )( T- Michael Moroney (Flemington) )Didn't fire in the Arrowfield last start, but this is a massive step down in class. Include as it's at nice each way odds.Include in Multis1 Gun Case F: 60171B(3) W(61)( J- Jordan Grob (a3) )( T- Darren Weir (Warrnambool) )Knows how to win and usually pays a good price when doing so. 3kg claim helps its cause.Longer Odds4 Tudor F: 0500XB(4) W(58)( T- Doug Harrison (Cranbourne) )Has placed twice when fresh and it could be the blow out horse.
RemarksOnly three runners have attracted interest with punters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.90Place1 9 $ 3.40Place2 5 $ 3.90Place3 6 $ 6.70Place6 5,6,11/2,3,6/11 $ 86.40Quinella 5,9 $ 98.50Trifecta 9:5:6 $ 2317.50First4 9:5:6:8 $ 32075.70Double 16/9 $ 52.30DBL conc 16/5 $ 20.90Treble 1/16/9 $ 511.50Quaddie 13/1/16/9 $ 1883.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%