Group 1 Darley Goodwood for some of Australia's best sprinters. Quality undercard featuring the SA Fillies Stakes
R1 (18) So You Too
Best "Each Way"
R4 (3) Ana Royale
No Best Roughie
- Race 1 - CAMPOLINA STUD HANDICAP R75 ( R1)Time: 3:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $109000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'18 So You Too F: X3233B(12) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.50Looked the goods last start when storming home behind Sweet Sherry. That's the best form guide for this and it should be winning.Main Danger19 Correct Call F: 213X3B(4) W(54)( J- Stephen Baster )Stablemate to the favourite and there's nothing wrong with its form. Could be seeing a stable quinella.Next Best7 Idatwo F: 6X141B(13) W(58)( J- Simon Price )Is a winner twice already this campaign and that shouldn't be overlooked. Just needs to cope with the wide draw.Include in Multis22 Miss Benedetta F: 35X21( J- scratched )Gets in on the minimum and it comes into this with winning form. One for the place money.Longer Odds8 Lauchetti F: 11314B(9) W(58)Knows how to win and that's a valuable asset. Runners chance.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.30Place1 1 $ 2.60Place2 18 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 4.20Quinella 1,18 $ 9.00Trifecta 1:18:5 $ 356.90First4 1:18:5:2 $ 4402.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's7, 8, 18, 19, 22RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NATIONAL STAKES - GROUP 3 2YO SW ( R2)Time: 3:35 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $217000
- Top Pick7 Booker F: 1B(3) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.30Has been smashed in the betting after winning down the straight at Flemington last start. Has oodles of speed and the money is telling.Main Danger6 Pure Scot F: 1X31B(9) W(55)Paying a good price considering the race it won last start. Has more experience than the favourite and it could test it.Next Best8 It's a Myth F: 2022B(6) W(55)( J- Noel Callow )PlacedDividend : $2.30Becoming expensive for punters, having placed in three of its four starts. Just needs to lift a touch.Include in Multis4 Phelps Glory F: 1XB(1) W(57)Won narrowly in a good time on debut and it gets the inside draw. Valuable over this distance.Longer Odds2 Tabbing F: 31214B(8) W(57)( J- Jason Holder )Has experience and it has solid form coming into this.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 10.40Place1 9 $ 2.20Place2 7 $ 1.30Place3 8 $ 2.30Quinella 7,9 $ 7.60Trifecta 9:7:8 $ 180.60First4 9:7:8:4 $ 1645.10Double 1/9 $ 63.20DBL conc 1/7 $ 10.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MITTYS PORT ADELAIDE CUP (LISTED) ( R3)Time: 4:15 | Distance: 2500m | Prize $163000
- Top Pick1 High Church F: 24941B(6) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.50Class runner of the field after winning last time out by six lengths. This isn't much harder so expect a tidy run.Main Danger4 Time to Test F: 2X012B(12) W(54)( J- Damien Thornton )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.00Had to cover some ground last start, but it ran gallantly behind Goldstream. Will improve and the wide draw won't be an issue over 2500m.Next Best5 Waging War F: 97111B(11) W(54)Can't fault its form of three straight wins. Has placed here in the past and this level isn't beyond it.Include in Multis13 Docker Pav F: 011B(5) W(54)( J- Jamie Kah )Down in the weights after two straight wins, but this is another level. Could show up at big odds.Longer Odds2 Grey Lion F: 20X07B(1) W(57)Former import which hasn't lived up to expectations, but gets another chance to show form.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.20Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 6 $ 2.30Quinella 1,4 $ 5.90Trifecta 4:1:6 $ 78.10First4 4:1:6:13 $ 1110.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TAB FILLIES CLASSIC - GROUP 3 3YO SW ( R4)Time: 4:55 | Distance: 2500m | Prize $190000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Ana Royale F: 72233B(9) W(56)( J- Mark Zahra )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.50Hasn't won this time in, but it's knocking on the door of a big win and this could be it. Huge run behind Egg Tart in the Oaks.Main Danger1 Smart As You Think F: 57768B(8) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.00It is as smart as we think, but it hasn't had the best of luck. Gets its chance of redemption in this.Next Best4 Parthesia F: 18032B(3) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.80Comes into this on the back of two good placings and this distance looks suitable. Nice each way chance.Include in Multis5 Pretty Punk F: 73470B(15) W(56)Over the odds and it has shown form at high levels in the past. Could run well with luck.Longer Odds8 Cedar Grande F: 3131B(11) W(56)Twice a winner from four starts and it could be the fresh horse on the scene.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.30Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 2.80Place3 1 $ 3.00Quinella 3,4 $ 12.60Trifecta 3:4:1 $ 106.60First4 3:4:1:9 $ 2443.30Treble 9/4/3 $ 236.70Quaddie 1/9/4/3 $ 2410.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - 7 NEWS CENRAUREA STAKES (LISTED) SWP ( R5)Time: 5:35 | Distance: 2019m | Prize $136000
- Top Pick2 Sort After F: 2X704B(8) W(55)( J- Stephen Baster )PlacedDividend : $2.40Hasn't quite shown its best this campaign, but that was a good run last start and quick improvement is expected.Main Danger1 Tick Tick Bloom F: 00X71B(12) W(57)Impressive last start win and it might have got its confidence back now. Unbeaten at this distance from two starts.Next Best4 Have Another Glass F: 11112B(10) W(55)( J- Emily Finnegan (a) )PlacedDividend : $1.70Strings wins together and it went close last time out. Deserves to be the favourite and shouldn't be left out.Include in Multis6 Model Dragon F: X5125B(5) W(55)Over the odds for a capable type which has already won this campaign. Nicely weighted as well.Longer Odds13 Exocet F: X3041B(1) W(53)WonDividends : $9.50 $2.80Victorian which scored a soft win in much easier grade last start. Light weight helps.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 9.50Place1 13 $ 2.80Place2 2 $ 2.40Place3 4 $ 1.70Quinella 2,13 $ 31.60Trifecta 13:2:4 $ 218.30First4 13:2:4:11 $ 1497.40Double 3/13 $ 16.20DBL conc 3/2 $ 8.20Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Tick Tick Bloom(2) Sort After (4) Have Another GlassR6 (1) Burning Front(2) Hooked (3) Royal Rumble (4) Rhythm to SpareR7 (1) Black Heart Bart(2) Malaguerra (6) Secret Agenda (7) Vega MagicR8 (3) Samara Dancer(4) Ravi (10) FuhrykQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 13
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HUGHES LIMOUSINES R A LEE STAKES - GROUP 3 3YO+ SWP ( R6)Time: 6:15 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $272000
- Top Pick1 Burning Front F: 11141B(8) W(57)( J- Brad Rawiller )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.40Knows how to win and it's form is stylish. Will go forward and give them all something to catch.Main Danger2 Hooked F: 9X201B(3) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.40Did the job well last start in what was a long overdue win. Can go on with it and it brings a fair amount of class.Next Best4 Rhythm to Spare F: 45X91B(2) W(55)( J- Mark Zahra )PlacedDividend : $1.90Moroney is training in great form at the moment and this horse has been flying in track work. Could go close.Include in Multis3 Royal Rumble F: 43111B(7) W(55)Three straight wins prior to this and despite rising in grade, it could continue that streak on its home track.Longer Odds8 Victory Downs F: 60X62B(4) W(55)( J- Emily Finnegan (a) )Runs the odd good race like last start. Chance.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.90Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 4 $ 1.90Quinella 1,2 $ 3.50Trifecta 1:2:4 $ 23.60First4 1:2:4:10 $ 197.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DARLEY GOODWOOD - GROUP 1 3YO+ SWP ( R7)Time: 6:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $1090000
- Top Pick1 Black Heart Bart F: 9X211B(2) W(59)( J- Brad Rawiller )Champion runner which has won two consecutive group one races and is back to defend its 2016 title. Top chance.Main Danger7 Vega Magic F: 9171XB(6) W(56)WonDividends : $4.00 $1.90New acquisition for the Lindsay Park stables and the change should do it some good. Winning record and it has been backed.Next Best2 Malaguerra F: 15167B(8) W(59)( J- Ben Melham )Good winner three back and it has class on its side. Six time winner at this distance so we wouldn't drop it.Include in Multis6 Secret Agenda F: 7X511B(5) W(56)( J- Damien Oliver )Booming win last start after crossing from out wide. Draws better here and it could be the fresh horse on the scene.Longer Odds15 Kaepernick F: X8753B(11) W(54)Ran on well enough last start so fill a minor spot.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.00Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 20 $ 6.30Place3 14 $ 23.10Quinella 7,20 $ 63.20Trifecta 7:20:14 $ 7007.90First4 7:20:14:6 $ 65825.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PROUD MISS STAKES - GROUP 3 3YO+ SWP ( R8)Time: 7:25 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $190000
- Top Pick10 Fuhryk F: 14102B(13) W(55)WonDividends : $2.50 $1.30Continues to run big races from off the pace and this should suit nicely. Gets back and Williams will swing it wide.Main Danger4 Ravi F: 51X49B(5) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.50Might prefer a bit of moisture in the surface, but it can bounce back from a poor showing last start. Good win chance.Next Best3 Samara Dancer F: 800X2B(14) W(56)( J- Noel Callow )Resumed with a cracking effort for second behind Mulder last start and it should benefit from the run on this track.Include in Multis7 A Lotta Love F: 34X40B(7) W(55)( J- Ben Melham )Didn't run well last start, but it's not consistent and it can be a threat when least expected.Longer Odds16 Alaskan Jade F: 51465B(9) W(55)( J- Jeffrey Maund )One for the blow out chances at triple figure odds. Three-time winner here.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.50Place1 10 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 3.40Place3 4 $ 1.50Place6 1,4,6/1,3,4/2,4 $ 31.20Quinella 1,10 $ 13.30Trifecta 10:1:4 $ 58.90First4 10:1:4:15 $ 3695.30Double 7/10 $ 10.40DBL conc 7/1 $ 15.00Treble 1/7/10 $ 63.50Quaddie 13/1/7/10 $ 379.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 10, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%