The Bonecrusher and the clash between Melody Belle and Volpe Veloce hold centre of attention today
R2 (7) Bucky
Best "Each Way"
R3 (3) Rose Imperial
R8 (5) Excalibur
- Race 1 - TERENZO,DANIELLE & RORY-LIFE ED AMBASSADORS 2200 RATING 65Time: 2:49 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $27500
- Top Pick5 Florence Ivy F: 15230B(2) W(58)( T- S & E Clotworthy )Raced unkindly last start and gave up. Sidewinkers on as is Aussie young gunMain Danger2 Thailand F: 78X52B(6) W(59)( T- Collett James Cross )A horse for the smaller courses it seems but carries form momentum into thisNext Best1 What A Diva F: 9X077B(4) W(59.5)( J- Hairi Marzuki (a3) )Back in staying role. Was fifth St Leger (2500m) last year. 7 starts for nothing here but Marsh has nominated for Auckland CupLonger Odds3 August Edition F: X4270B(3) W(58)( J- Eilish McCall (a4) )( T- S & E Clotworthy )WonDividends : $10.10 $3.90Chasing Dunstan trophy, but needs to lift. Apprentice claim gives shot
RemarksStipe Comment: Florence ivy - Became awkwardly placed inside heels approaching the 1700 metres then raced ungenerously for a distance.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 10.10Place1 3 $ 3.90Place2 7 $ 2.40Quinella 3,7 $ 30.60Trifecta 3:7:1 $ 200.00First4 3:7:1:2 $ 405.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - THE COMMON 1200 MAIDENTime: 3:24 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $10000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Bucky F: 2XB(8) W(57)( T- Sanders/Sweeney )Second in debut to one now racing abroad. Bred to take this out with ease. Dam won 2 listed races as 2yo.Main Danger8 Sir Linwood F: 7X4B(4) W(57)( J- Brendan Hutton (a) )( T- Ritchie Frank Thomas )Won two trials, beating smart Pike filly in one. Freshup effort would have won admirers.Next Best6 Bugs Moran F: 9XB(9) W(58.5)( T- Ralph Stephen Bert )Threw in towel on debut in heavy 11. All 3 trials indicate capable of betterInclude in Multis1 Full Of Talent F: 8692B(5) W(58.5)( J- Maija Vance )( T- Patel Ramesh )WonDividends : $7.60 $2.10On firmer footing last start and responded with massive improvementLonger Odds9 Xpress Hit F: 6X6B(6) W(57)Just OK freshup. Meets weaker maiden field today
RemarksGear changes: Naples: Side Winkers off Bucky: Bar Plates (Front) on, Side Winkers on, Boots on Xpress Hit: Barrier Blanket off, Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.60Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 2 $ 1.90Place3 11 $ 6.50Quinella 1,2 $ 18.10Trifecta 1:2:11 $ 987.10First4 1:2:11:7 $ 4877.50Double 3/1 $ 89.40DBL conc 3/2 $ 20.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - JR WEBB 1200 RATING 75Time: 3:59 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $30000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Rose Imperial F: 723X4B(7) W(55)( T- Pike Anthony Wayne )PlacedDividend : $2.40Got snookered 200m out small field last start. Hit line well when clearMain Danger5 Caesour's Dream F: X4561B(6) W(54)( J- Lynsey Satherley )Too good thanks to gun Cameron ride last start. Failed to make grade as juvenile, 3yo season looking more positiveNext Best4 Princess Kereru F: X2104B(2) W(54.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- K & B Kelso )Huge for 3rd from outside gate (14) last start. Holidaying Grylls pinch hits for ColemanInclude in Multis8 Fullinbloom F: 1X228B(1) W(54)( T- Surgenor Joanne Mary Miss )Not up to wfa class last time. Safer bet in this. One start Ellerslie for one win.Longer Odds2 Date Night F: 0240XB(3) W(55)( T- G & D Rogerson )Struggled for consistency last prep though did place in couple of quality 3yo races, second to Volpe Veloce in one. In foal.
RemarksGear changes: Date Night: In Foal on, Tongue Tie on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.80Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 2.40Place3 9 $ 5.20Quinella 3,7 $ 18.20Trifecta 7:3:9 $ 395.50First4 7:3:9:4 $ 4552.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 1500 CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER RATING 85Time: 4:34 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $35000
- Top Pick5 Yearn F: X1112B(2) W(54)( T- Fursdon Karen Mrs )WonDividends : $2.20 $1.50Likely warm favourite after an astounding treble. Freshened, distance ideal. Telegraph a summer targetMain Danger4 Brighton F: 8X348B(6) W(57.5)Won this meet last year when sprinting hard from the back. Risky bet since developing poor starting manners.Next Best1 Ruud Not Too F: 106X8B(5) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.60Rich HIll and Dunstan winner here last summer. More of a miler now, but Ruud not to respectInclude in Multis6 Vinevale F: 32X34B(3) W(54)Always a chance, a place chanceLonger Odds3 Thunder Down Under F: 7X81XB(1) W(58)( T- Ralph Stephen Bert )Long time off scene because of bad feet. Innes wanted freshup ride. They combined for listed race win here 2 years back.
RemarksStipe Comment last start: Brighton - Hampered leaving the barrier. Held up passing the 300 metres.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.20Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 2.60Quinella 1,5 $ 6.20Trifecta 5:1:6 $ 42.20First4 5:1:6:4 $ 111.90Double 7/5 $ 13.80DBL conc 7/1 $ 9.70Treble 1/7/5 $ 134.20Quaddie 3/1/7/5 $ 1819.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HYGIENE SYSTEMS 2200 RATING 85Time: 5:10 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $35000
- Top Pick4 Zacada F: 4X823B(4) W(59)( J- Craig Grylls )PlacedDividend : $1.50Looks primed to match hot form of last summer. Standout in field of wannabes and has-beens.Main Danger6 Keep Up F: 16612B(1) W(54)( T- Henderson Carl John )WonDividends : $5.40 $1.70Jumping a grade but already shown he will have few hassles keeping up over staying distances.Next Best5 Victory Drive F: 117X0B(3) W(55.5)Tough run freshup. Baker wasted no time sending him over ground again with Avondale and Wellington Cups looming.Include in Multis7 Big Mike F: 60184B(6) W(54)( T- Phelan Craig Kelvin )Staying debut but looks to have stamina to cope. Trainer will be happy with state of the ground.Longer Odds10 Narvick F: 55915B(9) W(54)( T- Cole Steven David )A grinder and a fighter. Promises to kick onto higher level
RemarksStipe Comment: Victory Drive - Began awkwardly. Commenced to over-race in the early stages and shifted out off heels passing the 1000 metres and then raced wide without cover.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.40Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 2.20Quinella 4,6 $ 8.20Trifecta 6:4:3 $ 124.50First4 6:4:3:8 $ 658.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (4) Zacada(5) Victory Drive (6) Keep Up (7) Big MikeR6 (4) Volpe Veloce(8) Go Nicholas (9) Melody BelleR7 (1) Hard Merchandize(7) Prom Queen (11) Spring HeatR8 (2) Magic Chai(6) Nina Arora (8) Belle TestaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - RAY WHITE NZ 1200 OPEN HANDICAPTime: 5:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $40000
- Top Pick4 Volpe Veloce F: 4X160B(4) W(55.5)( T- Richardson/Parker )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50Didn't sign off last prep the way stable would have hoped. Wet tracks wrecked Gr1 dream. Unbeaten three times fresh and won 2 from 2 Ellerslie. Aussie deputising for Parkes.Main Danger8 Go Nicholas F: 28X52B(3) W(54)( T- Hale Shelley Ann Miss )Wonderful course and distance record. Liked the way he got to the line last start. Boom apprentice replaces regular, who is taking part in series in QueenslandNext Best9 Melody Belle F: 1110XB(5) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.60Karaka Million winner resumes. Stable says: "He has Group One sprint targets forthcoming but also the class to rate an each way chance in her first start against older horses.''Include in Multis3 Heroic Valour F: 29X53B(6) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.60In Melody Belle's shadow for this but capable of upstaging her, says Te Akau. Two runs in, he can no longer rely on lack of fitness for an excuse.Longer Odds5 Rocanto F: 597X1B(1) W(55)Probable pacemaker and a very dangerous one at that. Won 5 times over the 1200m
RemarksGear changes: Melody Belle: Ear Covers Pre-Race on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.10Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 9 $ 1.60Quinella 3,4 $ 7.40Trifecta 4:3:9 $ 47.30First4 4:3:9:7 $ 338.50Double 6/4 $ 17.40DBL conc 6/3 $ 11.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - HYNDS HOLDINGS LIMITED BONECRUSHER STAKES 3YO SW GROUP 3Time: 6:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $70000
- Top Pick7 Prom Queen F: X1119B(7) W(54.5)( T- K & L Rae )Flopped in One Thousand Guineas when failed to get the mile and the track was too hard. Back to 1400m today where has won and some good give in ground a real plus.Main Danger1 Hard Merchandize F: 1X413B(5) W(56.5)( T- Vile Gary Robert )Will be back here in March for the Derby if all goes to plan. Not run since Annie Sarten but has had trials win.Next Best8 Florence Jean F: 6X122B(2) W(54.5)( T- Morell John Charles )Missed all of the big spring 3yo races because of virus. Not nominated for anything over summer. Could be back in the autumn after this.Include in Multis11 Spring Heat F: 21B(1) W(54.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.50Super impressive winning maiden. The heat is on here but will likely sit on Prom Queen and try to outsprint her.Longer Odds5 Maktoum F: 51B(6) W(56.5)( T- McKee Stephen John )Another smart maiden winner. Superbly bred, he will win plenty in 3yo season - if he doen't get sold first. The runnerup in maiden has since gone on to win.
RemarksGear changes: Florence Jean: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 4.20Place1 11 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 3.30Place3 3 $ 3.40Quinella 6,11 $ 47.50Trifecta 11:6:3 $ 558.90First4 11:6:3:7 $ 2441.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RAY WHITE CITY REALTY 2200 RATING 75Time: 7:10 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick8 Belle Testa F: 53141B(4) W(54.5)Too strong in dead 4 last start, removing doubts she was just a winter horse. Scr from weak race during week. Cups nominated.Main Danger2 Magic Chai F: X8451B(3) W(58.5)( T- Pike Anthony Wayne )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.60Pulled up after jumping last start when jock thought a false start had been decided. Was up for it too. Tony Pike aiming at Wellington Cup.Next Best6 Nina Arora F: 08322B(7) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70NIce run of form but win continues to be just out of reach. McNab has won twice on her.Include in Multis3 Peso F: 02311B(1) W(58)( T- Nelson Paul Sunderland )PlacedDividend : $2.20Was battling in amateur riders races over winter. Now look at him go now. Worth a lot more than a pesoLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Excalibur F: 8X038B(8) W(56)( T- Ritchie Shaune Frank )8th in Derby in March. Finally back over a distance where he could pack some punch.
RemarksGear changes: Iffwedance: Concussion Plates (Front) off, Tongue Control Bit off, Lugging Bit on Excalibur: Blinkers on Belle Testa: Ear Covers Pre-Race on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.20Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 6 $ 1.70Place3 3 $ 2.20Place6 3,7,9/1,5/3,4,6/3,4,9/3,6,11/2 $ 31.50Quinella 2,6 $ 9.10Trifecta 2:6:3 $ 77.20First4 2:6:3:5 $ 176.60Double 11/2 $ 12.40DBL conc 11/6 $ 8.30Treble 4/11/2 $ 58.80Quaddie 6/4/11/2 $ 447.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%