Horses for courses track. Heavy 11s here are not for the faint-hearted. Race toughness will be the key
R1 (7) Olivia
Best "Each Way"
R9 (5) Diehard
R1 (5) Sleepy Geeg
- Race 1 - CHIPPERFIELD ALL ROUND EQUINE EDUCATION MAIDENTime: 12:09 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Olivia F:B(3) W(56.5)( T- Rogerson, Team Rogerson )Led all the way to win latest trial, which included recent Te Akau winner Bak Da Master.Main Danger3 Theonlyway F: 047B(7) W(58.5)( J- Leith Innes )PlacedDividend : $1.50Badly drawn and has been struggling but can't ignore the Innes-Tiley combo. Blinkers and tongue tie on.Next Best6 Madam Ace F: 2480XB(5) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot (a1) )( T- Rogerson, Team Rogerson )PlacedDividend : $1.90All but won here in April. Dodgy in heavy 11 perhaps.Include in Multis10 Ambitious Showgirl F:B(1) W(54)( T- Richardson/Parker )Placed trials. Mum was Ok. With crack stable.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Sleepy Geeg F:B(6) W(58.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Elliott Nigel James )Satherley taken one ride today and this is it. Nice trial. Out of Cape Cross mare so should handle it
RemarksGear changes: Paco Lad: Blinkers on, Nose Band on Cinnaman: Blinkers off, Side Winkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 27.30Place1 11 $ 5.20Place2 3 $ 1.50Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 3,11 $ 39.80Trifecta 11:3:6 $ 774.30First4 11:3:6:2 $ 3725.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WAIPA HOME OF CHAMPIONS MAIDEN 1150Time: 12:42 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick11 Rocket Fuel F: 2B(11) W(54)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Richardson/Parker )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Looks the one. Draw the only worryMain Danger3 Swiss Stinger F:B(7) W(58.5)( T- Johnson Annabelle Sarah Mrs )Won and placed trials. Danielle on mum's horse. Dam loved the mudNext Best9 Etch F:B(4) W(56)( T- Cole Steven David )Won trial here, then returned for a second. Had plenty of education.Include in Multis7 Blushing Heights F:B(5) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Burgundy on debut from O'Sullivan stable. Impressive winning trial, though heat was weak. Does have nice stretch on her.Longer Odds1 Overthemark F: 834B(8) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Wenn Scott Terence )Won trial here, been solid three raceday runs. Scott Wenn's lean streak could be over.
RemarksGear changes: Le Patron: Nasal Strip off, Nose Band on Razor: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 2.50Place1 11 $ 1.40Place2 10 $ 2.60Place3 2 $ 4.20Quinella 10,11 $ 10.60Trifecta 11:10:2 $ 177.90First4 11:10:2:4 $ 4473.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - QUINLAN ELECTRICAL MAIDEN 1580Time: 1:17 | Distance: 1580m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick4 Luck Of Master F: 4536B(7) W(58.5)( T- Henderson Carl John )Local who hasn't had the luck of the master at times. Well backed all four startsMain Danger10 Langbein F: X0466B(3) W(56.5)( T- P & D Williams )Improving rapidly. Like the distance and choice of jockNext Best6 Braced F: 5B(9) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Collett Richard Donald )WonDividends : $12.00 $3.20Andrew Calder didn't ride in fair debut but won trial on him this trackInclude in Multis1 Redcayenne F: 5220XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Pike Anthony Wayne )PlacedDividend : $1.80Stayer resuming. Will need run but could fall into a placing.Longer Odds12 Dontgiveadam F: 00B(1) W(56)( T- Marsh Stephen Bruce )Powerful Marsh/Johnson combination - went a better race than the final placing would indicate last time
RemarksGear changes: Luck Of Master: Blinkers off, Shadow Roll on Ted Talks: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 12.00Place1 6 $ 3.20Place2 1 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 1,6 $ 25.00Trifecta 6:1:3 $ 396.20First4 6:1:3:4 $ 1568.90Double 11/6 $ 25.90DBL conc 11/1 $ 3.80Treble 11/11/6 $ 1132.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GIBSON CONSTRUCTION 1580 RATING 72Time: 1:52 | Distance: 1580m | Prize $11000
- Top Pick10 She's All Clang F: 61104B(8) W(55.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy (a4) )( T- Lock Peter William )Won two on the course. Carting just 51kg with never-say-die Asian lad aboard.Main Danger6 Lupelani F: 11323B(4) W(58)May not be suited by a tight track course like Te Awamutu but good to see a stronger rider upNext Best3 Sellwood F: 41952B(9) W(58.5)( J- Darren Danis (a3) )( T- Wilson Harold David )PlacedDividend : $2.10Won 2 from 3 here. Will have to get skates on from 11 if wants to take up pacemaking role.Include in Multis5 Yorkshire Dales F: X0432B(2) W(58.5)( T- Bell John William )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.60Holding form, just don't think he's a bona fide heavy trackerLonger Odds4 Ted Willdoit F: 1124XB(6) W(58.5)( J- Rebecca Scott (a4) )( T- Logan Samantha Marie Miss )Super consistent and showed real ability last campaign. Could surprise fresh up
RemarksStipe Comment: SHE'S ALL CLANG - Inconvenienced approaching the 175 metres.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.00Place1 5 $ 1.60Place2 7 $ 2.00Place3 3 $ 2.10Quinella 5,7 $ 13.20Trifecta 5:7:3 $ 99.80First4 5:7:3:11 $ 1739.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE RATING 65Time: 2:27 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick6 Indian Maid F: 60284B(2) W(57)( T- Hawtin Brendon William )PlacedDividend : $2.30One career win and it was here 2 years ago. Due for another you might sayMain Danger1 Lilly Thunder F: 0X21B(3) W(59)( J- Amber Sims (a3) )( T- Riley Patricia Joy Miss )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.40Huge win from 12 last start. Small field in favour.Next Best5 Falkirk Lass F: 05534B(4) W(57)( T- Pender James Christie )Trainer was going to scr his team. Left her in and why not. Goes well here.
RemarksGear changes: Hello Sailor: Nasal Strip on Princess Raaj: Side Winkers off, Blinkers on, Tongue Tie on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 2.30Quinella 1,6 $ 2.60Trifecta 1:6:7 $ 21.30First4 1:6:7:5 $ 27.30Double 5/1 $ 5.70DBL conc 5/6 $ 4.40Quaddie 11/6/5/1 $ 279.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES MAIDEN RACE F&MTime: 3:05 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick2 Goldilicious F: 520B(11) W(57.5)( T- Marsh Stephen Bruce )PlacedDividend : $2.30Luckless past 2. Grand-dam was a starMain Danger4 Palamedes F: 54045B(2) W(57.5)( T- P & D Williams )PlacedDividend : $2.004th in blanket finish 2 back, commendable effort from 14 next up. Group-winning jock on this time.Next Best1 Sacred Delight F: 3623XB(3) W(57.5)( T- Pike Anthony Wayne )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.80Trainer was going to scr because of heavy track. Rolling the diceInclude in Multis12 Vermont F:B(12) W(57.5)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Guy Danica Maree Miss )Debuts from good spring stable. Hardly spring though is it? First trialled over year backLonger Odds10 Mangaroa Diva F:B(4) W(57.5)( J- Jordan Nason )( T- Thomas/Gillies )Trial 4th had merit. Close-up all the way, jock went easy on her last bit
RemarksStipe Comment: GOLDLliCIOUS - Made the bend near the 900 metres awkwardly when racing in restricted room, unable to obtain clear running in the final straight, rider reported that the mare had got its tongue over the bit.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.50Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 2.30Quinella 1,4 $ 9.80Trifecta 1:4:2 $ 91.80First4 1:4:2:8 $ 218.00Treble 5/1/1 $ 34.70Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Goldilicious(4) Palamedes (10) Mangaroa Diva (12) VermontR7 (2) Aligns With Me(4) Tryfan (7) BewitchedR8 (1) Hunua Hank(9) The Final FlingR9 (5) Diehard(7) Moose (8) Silk (11) La FoiQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RACE IMAGES 1150 RATING 72Time: 3:45 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $11000
- Top Pick2 Aligns With Me F: 1X262B(3) W(57)( T- Hawtin Brendon William )PlacedDividend : $1.60Mightily impressive winning on debut here. Placed in most recent start, both with Danielle J engaged. Quaddie hopes for many will ride on themMain Danger4 Tryfan F: 3X219B(4) W(55.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Johnson Annabelle Sarah Mrs )Trainer went for claimer last start. Punt backfired. Gone back to senior ranks. Tongue tie onNext Best1 Fortune Patch F: 94333B(2) W(59)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Made small fortune in 27 starts. No wins 11 tries in heavy, thoughInclude in Multis3 Colorado Bay F: 01646B(7) W(56)( T- Isdale Clinton Reginald John )WonDividends : $7.70 $2.30Winner here in June in hard slog. Sam Collett was on that day tooLonger Odds7 Bewitched F: 26629B(5) W(54)( T- P & J Brosnan )Been upset winner here before
RemarksGear changes: Tryfan: Side Winkers off, Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 7.70Place1 3 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 1.60Quinella 2,3 $ 6.60Trifecta 3:2:8 $ 119.70First4 3:2:8:7 $ 803.50Double 1/3 $ 31.40DBL conc 1/2 $ 2.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - VILAGRAD MAIDEN 2000Time: 4:20 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick1 Hunua Hank F: X4242B(1) W(58.5)( J- Kate Cowan (a3) )PlacedDividend : $1.20$1.95 on fixed, 3 off back, going past mile first time. Close as you'll get to a Quaddie anchorMain Danger9 The Final Fling F: 68994B(2) W(56.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Been very expensive. Tried over ground last start and produced best effort yetNext Best7 Sienna Grace F: 35445B(9) W(56.5)( T- Ropiha Ben )PlacedDividend : $1.90Bit puny, tries hard though. Plenty of weight off todayInclude in Multis2 Bay Rocker F: 92133B(6) W(58.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Phelan Craig Kelvin )WonDividends : $9.80 $2.00Hurdling career stalled. Back seeking first win on flatLonger Odds6 Maskobi Pearl F: X5003B(3) W(56.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Patel Ramesh )Had fair few tries but bought more time with last start third
RemarksGear changes: Bay Rocker: Lugging Bit off, Blinkers off, Standard Bit on, Shadow Roll on I'm Monty: Norton Bit off, Lugging Bit on Sienna Grace: Tongue Tie on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 9.80Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.20Place3 7 $ 1.90Quinella 1,2 $ 7.00Trifecta 2:1:7 $ 73.50First4 2:1:7:6 $ 462.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - MERCHANT LIQUOR 2000 RATING 65Time: 4:55 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $10000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Diehard F: 57684B(7) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Baker/Forsman )Travelled fair way in bid to stop leaking formline. Mission accomplished to an extent. Had minor injury. At best heavy 11Main Danger8 Silk F: 71932B(12) W(57)( T- Bell John William )WonDividends : $6.00 $2.40Major form reversal this winter. Only win came over today's tripNext Best7 Moose F: 37034B(14) W(57.5)( J- Darren Danis (a3) )( T- K & G Opie )PlacedDividend : $2.50Two bold runs since taken on 2000m. Each way value.Include in Multis11 La Foi F: 00732B(11) W(56)( T- Thomas/Gillies )Distance tailormade today. Been finding mile shade shortLonger Odds13 Its A Kinda Magic F: 08257B(10) W(55.5)( T- P & J Brosnan )Better than shown lately. Being tried as stayer in bid for more. Sidewinkers on
RemarksStipe Comment: DIEHARD - Incurred superficial abrasions to right fore fetlock
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.00Place1 8 $ 2.40Place2 7 $ 2.50Place3 6 $ 8.60Place6 3,5,7/1,6/1,2,4/2,3/1,2,7/6,7, $ 15.10Quinella 7,8 $ 21.20Trifecta 8:7:6 $ 1670.50First4 8:7:6:9 $ 7495.20Double 2/8 $ 29.80DBL conc 2/7 $ 24.20Treble 3/2/8 $ 477.80Quaddie 1/3/2/8 $ 2904.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 7, 8, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%