Held over from Friday when it fell victim to the big wet. Even so many trainers have decided to nominate for Whangarei Wednesday where they are likely to strike much firmer footing
R5 (7) Falkirk Lass
Best "Each Way"
R7 (9) Valee
R5 (9) Montserrat
- Race 1 - TE ATA REST HOME 1150 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 11:25 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick9 Frazzle F: X847XB(1) W(56)Well backed all starts so far but Frazzle has failed to dazzle. Admirers will be getting testy if they don't start recouping their early in new prep.Danielle J gone for her ahead of stablemateMain Danger3 Sellwood F: 5XB(9) W(58)WonDividends : $7.20 $2.40Beat subsequent raceday winner at trial early Jan. Disappointed debut but hobby trainer had has few failures. Think Conroy: 24 starts 4 wins 7 placingsNext Best12 Don't Lie To Me F:B(2) W(56)Iffraj filly has had 3 quiet trials. Grand-dam won all 3 races.Include in Multis2 Wagner F: 2934XB(13) W(58)Dilemma for jock. Will she chase lead from outside gate? Frontrunning is the gelding's forteLonger Odds4 Pine Toff Lager F: 59XB(7) W(58)Frazzle's stablemate who also needs to stop firing blanks this prep. Backed to win in spring
RemarksStipe Comment: Deviant Misss - Lame in the left forelegwhen last run.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 7.20Place1 3 $ 2.40Place2 10 $ 1.90Place3 16 $ 12.50Quinella 3,10 $ 16.10Trifecta 3:10:16 $ 1488.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDEN 2YO (Te Awamutu)Time: 11:55 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick3 Raposa Rapida F:B(11) W(57)Not fussed about the draw but the trials win was very good, catching rivals flatfooted, including Gingernuts' half Griffin. Another Marsh winner?Main Danger2 Moondancer F:B(1) W(57)Darci Brahma colt on debut. Won two trials, denied another by slow startNext Best9 Electrode F: 9XB(5) W(55)( J- Matthew Cameron )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.70Pins filly with Murray Baker. Debut hardly inspiring but has since won trial, beating race rivalInclude in Multis15 Screaming Mimi F: 8B(10) W(55)Lacklustre debut but trials form prior screams out for attentionLonger Odds10 Shezallpower F: 5XB(7) W(55)Checked out of Gold Fever race in spring. Ready to go again on back of comfortable trials win
RemarksStipe Comment: Wishful - Was checked when improving into a run near the 100 metres.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.30Place1 9 $ 1.70Place2 13 $ 4.50Place3 14 $ 6.00Quinella 9,13 $ 40.80Trifecta 9:13:14 $ 734.10First4 9:13:14:3 $ 5789.60Double 3/9 $ 26.40DBL conc 3/13 $ 49.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 9, 10, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - GARRARD'S HORSE & HOUND 1150 MAIDEN 3YO (Te Awamutu)Time: 12:25 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick12 Our McKay F:B(9) W(55)Full sister to smart Sardaaj, who was sold to Aussie for tidy sum Won second trialMain Danger17 Like A Lie F: 808XB(3) W(55)Moroney stable frustrated by her lack of racing but may have beaten ballot today. Not shown much so far but they highly rate herNext Best13 Belle Testa F:B(7) W(55)Another Marsh newcomer. He's emptying the stable today. Trialed twice on course, placed in latest. A Testa Rossa, she will handle bad groundInclude in Multis3 Dr Hank F:B(5) W(57)( J- Daniel Hain )Well bred local on debutLonger Odds7 Arriviste F: 83X8B(8) W(55)Top horseman thought enough of her to take on Manhattan Street at Otaki. Was gritty third.
RemarksSeveral on debut come highly rated. This looks like being a shakedown for spring racing
ResultsRace DividendsWin 18 $ 43.00Place1 18 $ 9.60Place2 1 $ 2.30Place3 9 $ 3.00Quinella 1,18 $ 171.50Trifecta 18:1:9 $ 3994.80Treble 3/9/18 $ 1904.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 7, 12, 13, 17RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - VILAGRAD 1400 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 12:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick5 Gata F: 5X450B(3) W(56)( J- Matthew Cameron )Disappointed Murray Baker after three seconds in first several starts. Needs to lift. I think she canMain Danger3 Just For Kicks F: 7737B(1) W(58)( J- Cameron Lammas )WonDividends : $8.40 $2.60A Captain Rio who could be worth following over winter.Did too much in running last start, taking gloss off fine third start priorNext Best10 Shesallraaj F: 589X5B(10) W(56)( J- Mark Hills )Shown good promise so far. Extract the races which included Date Night and Volpe Veloce from his formline and you get a truer guide to his abilityInclude in Multis7 August Edition F: 57X63B(7) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.50Very bold for 3rd first race after sidelined for more than yearLonger Odds2 Lambrusco F: 0553XB(2) W(58)Placed Ellerslie before summer spell. Looks best with cut in track
RemarksGear changes: Keepemguessing: Blinkers off, Tongue Tie on Kool Connection: Side Winkers on Shesallraaj: Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.40Place1 3 $ 2.60Place2 9 $ 2.90Place3 7 $ 1.50Quinella 3,9 $ 39.10Trifecta 3:9:7 $ 399.90First4 3:9:7:2 $ 1343.10Double 18/3 $ 283.70DBL conc 18/9 $ 243.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - LEGG BROTHERS 1400 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 1:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $10000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Falkirk Lass F: 0X262B(2) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.803 placings, one here. Been crying out for 1400m for while nowMain Danger10 Inscription F: 376XB(8) W(56)WonDividends : $4.20 $1.50Recall this one powering home early in career. Trainer-apprentice have record to envyNext Best1 Blue Twilight F: X752XB(10) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.40Drier footing would suit better but at least won't have to jump ftom 14 nowInclude in Multis2 Big Ben F: 72X4B(9) W(58)( J- Reese Jones )Taken 10 months to get back to races after running second here. Chased home impressive Dynamic Eagle freshup.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Montserrat F: 744B(5) W(56)( J- Mark Du Plessis )Quick improver. Trainer-jock have great partnership going
RemarksOne of the more watchable maiden races of the day. Gear changes: Mangaroa Sky: Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.20Place1 10 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 1.80Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 7,10 $ 8.20Trifecta 10:7:1 $ 50.30First4 10:7:1:9 $ 258.70Quaddie 9/18/3/10 $ 3995.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - TIMMO'S ITM 1580 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 2:03 | Distance: 1580m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick10 Suliman F: 999XB(12) W(58)PlacedDividend : $2.00Raced in summer but trialled better in wet. Maybe he's a winter galloper after all. Can master weakest of maidensMain Danger7 Roger That F: 359X6B(11) W(58)( J- Anna Jones )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.90Jammed in on rails fresh. Stretched out nicely when clear. Draw tough, opposition isn'tNext Best5 Brother F: 46B(4) W(58)Still has much to learn but trainer believes he has a good horse on his hands. Rising in distanceInclude in Multis2 Ima Smart Guy F: 9X28B(3) W(58)Lumping 68 in toughest part of track took its toll last start. Premiership on this timeLonger Odds13 Il Rosso F: X00X7B(1) W(56)Very tough winning trial here, her home track. She won't be paying $80 today
RemarksStipe Comment: Vickezzlepin - Was held up early in the final straight.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.30Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 10 $ 2.00Place3 9 $ 3.50Quinella 7,10 $ 10.70Trifecta 7:10:9 $ 213.70First4 7:10:9:4 $ 1234.40Double 10/7 $ 19.90DBL conc 10/10 $ 5.00Treble 3/10/7 $ 217.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PAPER PLUS & TOYWORLD 1580 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 2:39 | Distance: 1580m | Prize $10000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Valee F: 47X37B(2) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.70No luck home straight last start.Had two races in Aussie for not much. Obviousy bought for breeding purposes.Main Danger7 Brookbars F: 69852B(4) W(56)Surprisingly 3rd fav last start but did price justice.Next Best6 Al Vandaam F: 5X243B(9) W(56)A must-have. just wish she had better drawInclude in Multis3 St Verde F: 6B(7) W(58)Very much a novice on debut but flattened too by racing in stickiest part of trackLonger Odds12 Soul Serenade F: 58408B(12) W(56)Bounced from one stable to another. Produced couple of reasonable runs, one here. String of gear changes
RemarksStipe Comment: Valee- Raced ungenerously when being steadied passing the 1000 metres. Hampered 175 metres.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 27.00Place1 2 $ 7.60Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 10 $ 8.00Quinella 2,9 $ 43.40Trifecta 2:9:10 $ 10936.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (6) Al Vandaam(7) Brookbars (9) Valee (12) Soul SerenadeR8 (3) Flash As(10) Where Are You (12) Four Day HighR9 (1) Bee Tee Junior(3) El Corby (4) On ParoleR10 (1) Solmization(8) Dougie (10) Indian MaidQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PITCON AUTO ELECTRICAL 2000 MAIDEN (Te Awamutu)Time: 3:15 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick3 Flash As F: 0726B(3) W(58)( J- Mark Hills )PlacedDividend : $2.203L behind up an comer Newton on debut and then trapped wide next up. Likes to lead, an admirable attribute on this course.Main Danger12 Four Day High F: 26X64B(6) W(56)How many more times do I have to tip her before she does the right thing? Winless start 27 today.Next Best10 Where Are You F: X5822B(2) W(56)WonDividends : $2.60 $1.50Obvious favourite but will need to be up and running by the home turn on this tricky course which favours frontrunnersInclude in Multis2 Battle Royal F: 70345B(8) W(58)( J- Cameron Lammas )PlacedDividend : $2.30Not far away from first win. Trainer gone for senior this timeLonger Odds8 Nombero F: 07756B(4) W(58)Not long with new trainer. Being prepared for jumps career I'd say. Placed twice in slow going
RemarksGEAR CHANGES Four Day High: Lugging Bit off, Standard Bit on Primrose Hill: Tongue Tie off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.60Place1 10 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 2.30Place3 3 $ 2.20Quinella 2,10 $ 11.50Trifecta 10:2:3 $ 60.10First4 10:2:3:17 $ 1127.60Double 2/10 $ 55.10DBL conc 2/2 $ 104.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - WAIPA HOME OF CHAMPIONS 2000 RATING 75 (Te Awamutu)Time: 3:51 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick4 On Parole F: 70X14B(5) W(57)Yet to race here. surprising given that more often than not it would provide ideal conditions. Couldn't have made better start to winter campaign.Main Danger1 Bee Tee Junior F: 18X97B(4) W(59)( J- Mark Du Plessis )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.90Falls back into a R75. On heels after mid-race check last startNext Best3 El Corby F: 15X80B(10) W(58)( J- Emily Farr (a2) )Trainer been waiting for wetter tracks. Looking at stats it's easy to see why. Taking weight off all the sameInclude in Multis5 Ulysses F: 14810B(7) W(57)Denied leading role by run of wide draws. Might be bit wet but from 7, regular jock should get out and rollingLonger Odds7 Southern Dancer F: 109X0B(2) W(54)Unbeaten twice course and today's distance. Has struggled in worse than dead
RemarksGear changes: Southern Dancer: Lugging Bit off, Tongue Tie off, Tongue Control Bit on, Side Winkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.60Place1 1 $ 1.90Place2 6 $ 2.30Place3 10 $ 10.10Quinella 1,6 $ 12.60Trifecta 1:6:10 $ 445.30First4 1:6:10:3 $ 5180.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - CONGRATS ANDREW NICHOLSON WINNER AT BADMINTON RATING 70 (Te Awamutu)Time: 4:29 | Distance: 1150m | Prize $10000
- Top Pick8 Dougie F: 21X8XB(1) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.10Promising youngster. Trainer had derby plans at one stage. He's rapt with the lead-up trialMain Danger10 Indian Maid F: 373X6B(5) W(54)Caught wide mad deash sprint fresh. Saves best for home trackNext Best1 Solmization F: 116X0B(3) W(60)Another smart young winter horse. Beat Stradivarius today's distance here SeptemberInclude in Multis6 Rich Billie Marsh F: 008X1B(8) W(56)Sam Spratt knows how to ride her so well. Was heading for broodmare's paddock but extended career with last start win.Longer Odds15 Moderation F: 300X0B(9) W(54)( J- Daniel Hain )Hard to follow but home track record gives her a shot
RemarksFrom The yard: Peter Lock on Dougie: “He has come on nicely although whatever he does will only benefit him. We think he is a horse that can go through the grades so I’m looking forward to getting this first one under his belt.”
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.60Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 9 $ 2.20Place3 8 $ 2.10Place6 1,7,10/7,9,10/2 $ 76.10Quinella 5,9 $ 16.30Trifecta 9:5:8 $ 91.80First4 9:5:8:1 $ 288.20Double 1/9 $ 18.10Treble 10/1/9 $ 60.10Quaddie 2/10/1/9 $ 1100.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 8, 10, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%