A few late noms fleshed these fields out. The Captain Cook has lost two of its star players in Mime and Sensible Princess.
R9 (9) Seraphim
Best "Each Way"
R7 (2) Hoist
R5 (6) Travimyfriend
- Race 1 - KAMADA PARK PREMIER RATING 85Time: 12:45 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick2 Gift Of Power F: 20X10B(5) W(54)WonDividends : $1.80 $1.30The Telegraph beckons. Already won group and listed races here. Might have to sit off what looks like being fast pace and slingshot them.Main Danger4 Celebratedachiever F: 2X221B(2) W(54)This frontrunner looks only obstacle for stablemate to overcome. Every chance he will get into speed duel with Ballybay and suffer the consequences.Next Best5 Euphoria F: 06X10B(4) W(54)( T- Frost Rachael Anne Miss )PlacedDividend : $2.30Career marked by wide draws and poor rides. Can't see her lowering favourite's colors.
RemarksStipe Comment last start: Girl of Power - Raced keenly in the lead in the early to middle stages.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.80Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 5 $ 2.30Quinella 2,5 $ 4.10Trifecta 2:5:1 $ 19.60First4 2:5:1:4 $ 22.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FASTRACK INSURANCE 'CHALMERS TWO MILE PREMIER' RATING 85Time: 1:20 | Distance: 3200m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick3 Soleseifei F: 42751B(6) W(54)( J- Johnathan Parkes (+0.5) )( T- Lupton Jaimee-Lee )PlacedDividend : $1.80Handled first test on good ground with aplomb. Surprisingly not nommed for Wellington Cup.Main Danger5 Katiem Marie F: 73314B(4) W(54)( J- Sarah MacNab (a2) )( T- Myers Kevin Thomas )Proved herself in Cup Week raid. Didn't get the best of runs OtakiNext Best7 High Spirits F: 0X915B(3) W(54)WonDividends : $6.60 $2.80Fell out of gates last start and was pushed to get into the race. Beat some handy types start prior.Include in Multis1 Dr Watson F: 22367B(1) W(60)( J- Casey-Mae Waddell (a4) )( T- Kay Sylvia Lynette Mrs )Slightly easier footing this time will help no end. Does need it real wetLonger Odds4 Sylvester F: 46660B(5) W(54)( J- Tony Allan )( T- Kay Sylvia Lynette Mrs )Going from mile to two miles. Needs the work to boost Wellington Cup claims.
RemarksBlinkers off Running Late
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.60Place1 7 $ 2.80Place2 3 $ 1.80Quinella 3,7 $ 7.70Trifecta 7:3:5 $ 38.20First4 7:3:5:1 $ 146.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - RANDWICK MEATS WAKEFIELD CHALLENGE STAKES 2YO SW GROUP 2Time: 1:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $100000
- Top Pick1 Espumoso F: 11B(3) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.20Espumoso takes name from mum. In Spanish it means Sparkling. Simply looks too classy for rest. Hit out sweetly at track this week.Main Danger3 Bit Lippy F: 2B(2) W(56.5)( T- Hillis Wayne Patrick )PlacedDividend : $1.60Second to the stunning Melt on debut. Better hope than stablemateNext Best2 King Louis F: 2B(7) W(56.5)( J- Dylan Turner )Slow away debut and awkward ride late. Been to trials since and won.Include in Multis5 Flaunt It Girl F: 733B(4) W(54.5)( J- Shaun McKay (a) )( T- Price Jason Allan )Ear covers have worked wonders. Will win soon, probably in something that doesn't include Espumoso and Karaka Million contenders.Longer Odds8 Peaceful F:B(5) W(54.5)( J- Michael Coleman )Worked well with hot fav during week. Won a trial. Aussie Grand-dam won a Gr3 on debut
RemarksStipe Comment: Lite My Tiger - Crowded passing the 1000 metres and checked, losing considerable ground.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 12.10Place1 7 $ 2.50Place2 1 $ 1.20Place3 3 $ 1.60Quinella 1,7 $ 10.20Trifecta 7:1:3 $ 102.90First4 7:1:3:5 $ 905.60Double 7/7 $ 21.60DBL conc 7/1 $ 4.90Treble 2/7/7 $ 151.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BOYS GET PAID LOVE AFFAIR WITH TED PREMIER 3YO SW+PTime: 2:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick5 Savvy Coup F: 93711B(2) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Pitman can talk up his horses but this girl does look a legitimate Levin Classic/Oaks contender. Here today to get a feel for TrenthamMain Danger3 Rock On Wood F: 1B(5) W(57.5)( J- Ryan Elliot (a1) )( T- Elliot Leanne Evelyn Mrs )Some win on debut. What was he doing paying $22? Ryan Elliot back in CD to ride for mum againNext Best1 Platinum Volos F: 14127B(7) W(58.5)( T- Latta Lisa Marie Miss )Didn't get the mile of the Wellington Stakes. There must be doubts about the 1400m too but does know how to win at Trentham.Include in Multis4 Smokin' Oak F: 9X137B(6) W(57.5)WonDividends : $10.40 $3.60Lay in under pressure last start. Shadow roll on in bid to fix that flaw.Longer Odds2 Castani F: 7X1B(4) W(57.5)( T- Renall Herbert )Battling trainer might have one to be proud of at last. Per Incanto out of consistent mare. Maiden win no one-off
RemarksStipe Comment:All In Mana - Raced three wide without cover throughout. Lay in under pressure in the home straight having to be straightened.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 10.40Place1 4 $ 3.60Place2 5 $ 1.40Quinella 4,5 $ 9.70Trifecta 4:5:3 $ 102.20First4 4:5:3:7 $ 743.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HIREMASTER PREMIER RATING 85Time: 3:05 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick7 Scandalo F: 1X121B(9) W(56.5)( T- Campbell Felix Patrick )Johnson classic got home last start. Up a grade but backup win well within reachMain Danger1 William Wallace F: 94X22B(3) W(60)( T- Bull, Adrian & Harry Bull )Mile demanded to accommodate those big finishes. Has to make do with another 1400m today. Not nominated for anything major over summer - yetNext Best4 La Fille En Jeu F: 85X45B(7) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Auret Nigel John )PlacedDividend : $2.50Fifth in hit and run Cup Week. Won third-up last prep and that's the state she's in todayInclude in Multis5 Sergeant Blast F: X6446B(10) W(57)( T- Lennox Sam Graham )6th in Thomson here late Oct and then given time off. Resumes in time for summer. Won Trentham carnival in Jan.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Travimyfriend F: X2136B(5) W(57)( T- Frost Rachael Anne Miss )PlacedDividend : $2.20Has shown great promise this one - Johnathan Parkes climbs aboard
RemarksGear changes: Morse Code: Tongue Tie on Stratocaster: Lugging Bit off, Norton Bit on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 26.10Place1 9 $ 5.30Place2 6 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 6,9 $ 116.20Trifecta 9:6:4 $ 2576.70First4 9:6:4:2 $ 13528.30Double 4/9 $ 138.80DBL conc 4/6 $ 20.40Quaddie 7/7/4/9 $ 16287.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - THE INFORMANT PREMIER SPECIAL CONDITIONSTime: 3:40 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $30000
- Top Pick3 Maltese Ruby F: 90X11B(2) W(57)Mightily impressive winning two in row but what about the modest opposition? Still, defections of two leading candidates in this increases popularityMain Danger4 Star Quality F: 0X42B(10) W(57)( J- Timothy Johnson (a2) )( T- Walsh Suzanne Beverley Mrs )Those huge finishes hard to miss. Does need longer than a mile but trainer trying to get win out of way first. Badly checked last startNext Best5 Turfshaker F: 84X42B(5) W(57)( J- Masa Tanaka )( T- Wallace James Vernon )No match for a Vela horse last start when given every chance by apprentice. Place looks best againInclude in Multis10 La Jolie Fille F: 0X19B(11) W(56)( T- Wallace James Vernon )PlacedDividend : $3.20Too good freshup, well beaten first time in R65. Good each way dropping back to special conditions race.Longer Odds11 Banstead F: 84B(7) W(55.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Eales Matthew Noel John )Very gritty last Saturday. Set good clip in front and refused to wave white flag. The winner was very good
RemarksStipe Comment: Star Quality - Hampered near 700m. Bumped 600m then dictated wide Turfshaker: Tongue Tie on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 13.50Place1 1 $ 4.30Place2 10 $ 3.20Place3 9 $ 2.40Quinella 1,10 $ 98.40Trifecta 1:10:9 $ 1271.70First4 1:10:9:3 $ 7301.70Treble 4/9/1 $ 2599.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (3) Maltese Ruby(4) Star Quality (11) BansteadR7 (1) Abbey Road(2) Hoist (4) Black Sav (9) Bring To The BlockR8 (1) Kawi(6) Consensus (9) Miss Wilson (10) ColdplayR9 (4) Amorata(7) The Bandito (9) Seraphim (16) FlamingoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - JACK DOIG LOVED HIS RACING PREMIER RATING 65Time: 4:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $30000
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Hoist F: 242X3B(8) W(60)( J- Timothy Johnson (a2) )( T- Sharrock Stuart Allan )Stable apprentice stood down after flat effort fresh. Up 200m second up and new jock has been riding well for the teamMain Danger1 Abbey Road F: X0254B(9) W(60)( T- Vile Gary Robert )Won at Trentham last 2 summers. Not in the best of nick but it's a stat worth keeping in mind.Next Best9 Bring To The Block F: 3X135B(12) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Brown Shane Lee )PlacedDividend : $2.50Third Wellington carnival last summer when taking on 1400m. Hasn't been over that distance until nowInclude in Multis12 Margot F: 34945B(10) W(56.5)( T- Gordon Suzanne Kay Miss )PlacedDividend : $3.70Punched above weght in group race as 3yo. Looked very threatening 600 out last start but was flushed wide and just ran to the line. Frustrated trainer turned to Chris Johnson for helpLonger Odds4 Black Sav F: 66X59B(11) W(58)( T- Latta Lisa Marie Miss )Sooner or later that decent tote support will amount to something.
RemarksStipe Comment: Abbey Road - Raced keenly early. Steadied 800m. Held up near 400m
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.30Place1 3 $ 2.70Place2 9 $ 2.50Place3 12 $ 3.70Quinella 3,9 $ 30.70Trifecta 3:9:12 $ 703.50First4 3:9:12:10 $ 6445.00Double 1/3 $ 115.40DBL conc 1/9 $ 38.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RYDGES WELLINGTON CAPTAIN COOK STAKES GROUP 1 WFATime: 4:50 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $200000
- Top Pick1 Kawi F: X3433B(4) W(59)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Sharrock Stuart Allan )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.40Jason Waddell returns from a three-week suspension and is legged onto the favourite in a $200,000 Gr1. Needs two more wins to rival Mufhasa's Gr1 record of 8. No reason why he can't get there.Main Danger9 Miss Wilson F: X2712B(9) W(57)Cuddle Stakes winner here in March. Didn't handle slow ground when beaten by Gingernuts Hastings carnival. Unbeaten 2 from 2 record at Trentham to protect.Next Best10 Coldplay F: X0903B(1) W(57)Best effort for ages at Puke last start. Produced one of best 600m times at Cambridge track this weekInclude in Multis6 Consensus F: 0X284B(2) W(57)( T- McKee Stephen John )PlacedDividend : $4.00Shock Zabeel Classic winner last summer needs more ground than mile these days but in weakened field can grab share of the large pot. Has been nominated for Thorndon Mile but already been to the broodmare's paddockLonger Odds3 Chocante F: 13737B(7) W(59)( T- Marsh Stephen Bruce )Home after fruitless bid to topple Winx. Place hope over mile
RemarksGear changes: Chocante: Bar Plates (Hind) on Consensus: Not In Foal , Served on Sofia Rosa: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.90Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 4.00Place3 11 $ 4.50Quinella 1,6 $ 28.50Trifecta 1:6:11 $ 462.20First4 1:6:11:2 $ 2554.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - WOODRIDGE ESTATE PREMIER RATING 75Time: 5:30 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $30000
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Seraphim F: 03X21B(1) W(56)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.60The daughter of Ethereal looks all grown up now. Building strong momentum toward an Auckland Cup bid, where is $31 on futures market.Main Danger7 The Bandito F: 62221B(4) W(57)( J- Holly Andrew (a2) )Holly Andrew went long way to ride last start and her journey was not wasted. The horse loves Trentham, placing 5 of 6. At least one of those should have been a win.Next Best4 Amorata F: 17X63B(10) W(57)( T- Bergerson Roydon James )Flew late open hcp last start, 4 claimer struggling to keep straight. Wellington Cup calling. Needs to improve chances of qualifying...$71 on futures at presentInclude in Multis3 Jessiegee F: 52215B(5) W(57.5)( T- Breslin Michael Patrick )Two starts Trentham for two wins. Battled in hard ground last start. Dead 4 rating a welcome sightLonger Odds16 Flamingo F: 3X466B(12) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.60Stablemate scr. This one looked a better chance.
RemarksStipe Comment last start: Ticket Clipper - Severely tightened near finish
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.00Place1 9 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 12.70Place3 16 $ 2.60Place6 4,5/4,6,9/1,9,10/3,9,12/1,6,11 $ 709.20Pick6 4/9/1/3/1/9 $ 0.00Quinella 9,12 $ 96.40Trifecta 9:12:16 $ 1108.40First4 9:12:16:11 $ 8531.10Double 1/9 $ 5.80DBL conc 1/12 $ 40.00Treble 3/1/9 $ 105.30Quaddie 1/3/1/9 $ 1883.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 9, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%