Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - IN MEMORY OF MRS KATH CONWAY MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:02 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Nitrate F: 32B(4) W(59.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Stephen Ralph )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.00Two starts for two placings, and a win looks close. It gets 3kg off its back and the early money has come.Main Danger2 Finn McCool F: 3B(7) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Third on debut and there is only improvement to come. In the right hands and it looks the biggest danger.Next Best7 Hail Damage F: 5XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Shaune Ritchie )Didn't do too much wrong when fifth on debut. Has been spelled since and it won a trial. Gets the inside draw.Include in Multis4 Inside Story F:B(8) W(59.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Steven Cole )Has had plenty of trials to prepare for its debut. It could run a nice race here and add some spice to multiples.Longer Odds6 Altar Girl F: 45840B(6) W(57.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Rudy Liefting )Better than what it has been showing. Chance.
RemarksGood maiden to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.00Place2 9 $ 4.40Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 1:9 $ 18.70Trifecta 1:9:2 $ 84.20First4 1:9:2:3 $ 825.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:37 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Eva James F: 2XB(5) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.50Impressive run for second on debut. Has a trial win since and that bodes well for a big run. It won't take long to breakthrough.Main Danger1 Arcarius F:B(7) W(59.5)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.40Drawn a touch awkwardly but it looked good at the trials. Solid money has come throughout the week and that's a good lead.Next Best4 Listonian F:B(9) W(59.5)Trial winner which is bred to show early speed. Punters are getting each-way odds and it could add some value.Include in Multis5 Tellall F:B(3) W(59.5)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.80Another runner that has attracted support in the betting. Solid trial efforts and it gets a good run from the draw. Chance.Longer Odds9 True Blessing F: 5B(4) W(57.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Has race experience which should help.
RemarksFollow the form out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.30Place1 7 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 5:7 $ 9.60Trifecta 7:5:1 $ 40.20First4 7:5:1:2 $ 110.60Double 1+/7+ $ 5.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MAYO GOLD MAIDEN 1600Time: 2:12 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Vistock F: X5554B(2) W(58)Hasn't been living up to expectations but this is a winnable race. Punters are getting good odds and an inside draw helps.Main Danger1 Foodie King F: 4X226B(3) W(60.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $1.10Helped out with a 3kg claimer in the saddle. Knocking on the door of a maiden win and this looks a suitable race. Big danger.Next Best4 Grand Award F: X40X0B(5) W(60.5)( T- Frank Ritchie )Showed little last start but it's better than that. It could show some sharp improvement and run well at odds.Include in Multis8 Agey Babe F: 65B(4) W(58)Not too far away in two starts to date. Looks likely to show improvement and if it picks the jump, it could go close.Longer Odds2 Etch F: 0X37XB(1) W(60.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Steven Cole )PlacedDividend : $4.00Could jump and run off the inside draw.
RemarksNot much covering this maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 20.80Place1 3 $ 3.50Place2 2 $ 4.00Place3 1 $ 1.10Quinella 2:3 $ 94.60Trifecta 3:2:1 $ 429.30First4 3:2:1:7 $ 2462.40Treble 1+/7+/3 $ 125.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (1) Foodie King(7) VistockR4 (1) Lord Polonius(6) Pipsqueak Rose (8) ConfectioneryR5 (2) Louis Luck(10) Couturiere (11) Reiko (13) Glorious OceanR6 (3) Tibetan(4) Commanding AnnieQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GRASSROOTS PETITION MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:47 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Confectionery F:B(4) W(58)Best-backed runner in the field. Trial winner which is nicely bred, and expected to make a winning debut. In the right hands.Main Danger6 Pipsqueak Rose F: 8X2B(1) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Showed nothing on debut but turned that form around when second last start. Improving and jumping from the inside draw helps.Next Best1 Lord Polonius F: X34D6B(3) W(60.5)( T- Gibbs/Bradley )PlacedDividend : $1.30Not the easiest horse to follow but it shouldn't take long to score. Runs at each-way odds here and it should go close.Include in Multis12 Zuma Rock F:B(2) W(58)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Daniel Miller )Trial was solid and there has been good betting support. Drawn well and it could add some value.Longer Odds5 Lethal F: X770XB(5) W(60)( J- Samantha Collett )PlacedDividend : $1.70Chance if it brings its best form.
RemarksIt could be a good form guide for the future
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 14.90Place1 2 $ 2.70Place2 1 $ 1.30Place3 5 $ 1.70Quinella 1:2 $ 19.60Trifecta 2:1:5 $ 192.80First4 2:1:5:6 $ 462.60Double 3/2 $ 176.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - AVONDALE SUNDAY MARKETS 1200Time: 3:22 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Reiko F: 1XB(8) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.20Scored nicely on debut and it's at longer odds than expected. Drawn a touch wide but it showed good barrier speed and that could come into play.Main Danger13 Glorious Ocean F: 0X932B(6) W(59)Back-to-back placings coming into this race. Shouldn't take long to break through and the odds are generous. Chance.Next Best10 Couturiere F: 61XB(5) W(59)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- P & D Williams )WonDividends : $6.50 $2.40Capped off its first campaign with a victory. Gets 2kg off its back and it has every chance to win. Include in selections.Include in Multis2 Louis Luck F: 1056XB(10) W(60.5)( T- Lance Noble )Not ideal drawing wide but it has shown enough throughout its career to warrant attention. Could score a minor upset.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Here Comes Faffy F: 46136B(7) W(60.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )It's always worth including. One for odds.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 6.50Place1 10 $ 2.40Place2 6 $ 8.60Place3 11 $ 2.20Quinella 6:10 $ 144.50Trifecta 10:6:11 $ 1552.70First4 10:6:11:3 $ 2909.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 10, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WESTBROOK WINES MAIDEN 2100Time: 3:57 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Tibetan F: 23540B(4) W(60)( T- Andrew Campbell )PlacedDividend : $1.10Ran in the Derby as a maidener. Gets its chance to win and although the odds are short, it should put this field away.Main Danger4 Commanding Annie F: 0632B(7) W(58.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Frank Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.50A danger to the favourite after running consecutive placings. Gets weight off its back and it could threaten.Next Best6 O'Susana F: 0X733B(2) W(58.5)WonDividends : $8.80 $2.00Good runs of late after back-to-back third placings. Needs to settle a touch closer and it could win.Include in Multis5 Annalone F: X7425B(9) W(58.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Mixing its form but its best would take it close. Just needs some luck from the wide draw to figure in the finish.Longer Odds7 House Of Cards F: 8X693B(6) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Collett )Better run last start and it could build on that.
RemarksNice race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 8.80Place1 6 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 1.10Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 3:6 $ 5.70Trifecta 6:3:4 $ 77.20First4 6:3:4:7 $ 569.30Double 10/6 $ 42.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%