Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - AVONDALE SUNDAY MARKETS MAIDEN 2000Time: 12:49 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Dawnlight F: 22342B(7) W(56.5)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Debbie Sweeney )WonDividends : $1.60 $1.30Honest mare who I'm surprised is still a maiden runner. Recent placings came behind Unlaced, Communique and Aquila Star. Bred to run the distance and should winMain Danger2 Uluaki F: 85332B(2) W(58.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- E & D Browne )Last three placing came during the Gisborne/Wairoa circuit. In good form and well placed to run well.Next Best1 Blizzing Away F: 82592B(4) W(58.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- P & J Brosnan )PlacedDividend : $2.50Well beaten when second at Gisborne but brings as good form as any here.Include in Multis7 Power's That Be F: 05350B(6) W(56)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Poor last start over this trip. Prior two runs over 1600 were good enough to run well hereLonger Odds5 House Of Cards F: 8X69B(1) W(56.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )First run over ground may see a must needed improvement
RemarksSmall maiden distance race to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.60Place1 4 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 2.50Quinella 1:4 $ 4.20Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 50.30First4 4:1:5:7 $ 108.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NEXT AVONDALE TRIALS 10 MARCH MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:24 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Live For Your Love F: 4B(1) W(58)( T- Jenna Mahoney )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.40Debuted with a tidy fourth. From the ace I expect a big runMain Danger4 Divine Dive F: 85X36B(9) W(58)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.20Resumed well with a tidy third. Wasn't the worst of runs last time when he seemed to get lost round the bend.Next Best1 Apache Lad F: 32950B(5) W(58.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- Stephen Goodin )Poor over 1400 vs some winners last start. Back to maiden grade and 1200 were he has performed well.Include in Multis2 Boomtown Rock F:B(4) W(58.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )Making debut. Ok winning first trial poor in his nextLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 King Rat F:B(7) W(58)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Shows good early speed. Hung out here in his most recent trial.
RemarksHard to line up the form here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.10Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 2.80Place3 4 $ 1.20Quinella 5:8 $ 26.40Trifecta 5:8:4 $ 103.50First4 5:8:4:9 $ 540.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE F&M MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:59 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Triple Heart F: 4349XB(4) W(57)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Frank Ritchie )Good trial winner who showed nice talent. Looks ready to win today.Main Danger1 Flashdance F: 5260XB(1) W(57.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $1.30Trialed well. Showed good ability early in her last prep. Placing over 1200Next Best5 Little Belle F: 6XB(3) W(57)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )WonDividends : $7.10 $2.20Won trial very well before a fair debut. No trial to prepare is a concern fresh up.Include in Multis8 Letz'av Bubbles F:B(2) W(57)( J- Danielle Johnson )Good second at the recent trials. Looks a nice chance on debutLonger Odds4 Dalmatinka F: 6XB(8) W(57)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Karen Fursdon )Comes into this without a trial but showed ability in trial before making debut on a heavy track where she ran last.
RemarksSome nice maiden runners making a return to the races
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.10Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 2 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 1.30Quinella 2:5 $ 45.30Trifecta 5:2:1 $ 237.00First4 5:2:1:8 $ 1696.10Double 5/5 $ 28.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - AUCKLAND ALARMS MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:34 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Lincoln Springs F: 0224B(7) W(58)( T- Nigel Tiley )Put two good seconds together over 1400 before pulling too hard over 1600. Drops back in trip and has had some gear changesMain Danger6 Nitrate F: 3B(3) W(58)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Stephen Ralph )PlacedDividend : $1.80Nice third when hampered by the winner. Would of gone closer and the extra distance suitsNext Best10 Truth Beknown F: 4B(9) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Debbie Sweeney )Got home nicely over 1200. Will get back from wide gate but I expect a good finishInclude in Multis8 You Are So Vain F:B(6) W(58)( J- Craig Grylls )Has gone well enough at the trials to suggest a decent debut performanceLonger Odds2 Zawadi F: 74XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Denise Jeffcoat )Decent fourth in his last run before spell. Could run well fresh
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 21.90Place1 4 $ 4.50Place2 6 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 3.60Quinella 4:6 $ 58.30Trifecta 4:6:9 $ 1243.40First4 4:6:9:2 $ 6090.30Treble 5/5/4 $ 1548.10Quaddie 4+/5/5/4 $ 2368.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (5) Lincoln Springs(6) Nitrate (10) Truth BeknownR5 (1) Spider(4) Stateline (7) BirdsongR6 (1) Amano(3) Checkers (6) Qiji SwordsmanR7 (1) Holsty(9) ReactQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WESTBROOK WINES 1400Time: 3:09 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Stateline F: 9X510B(5) W(57)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.70Dominant winner two starts back. Tackled the Karaka Million. Drops back in gradeMain Danger1 Spider F: 0259XB(4) W(63)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Kim Knight )Trialed well. Has a good record over 1400 and looks nicely placed with the claim.Next Best7 Birdsong F: 1X01XB(2) W(55)( T- Baker/Forsman )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Has won 2 out of 3. Trialed in a manner that would suggest a forward showingInclude in Multis2 Zelenski F: 3665XB(7) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Had a nice Spring 3yo prep ending with a fifth in the 2000 Guineas. Good trial just looks like he may want furtherLonger Odds6 Tutta La Classe F: 8105XB(1) W(55.5)( T- Iain Marks )Resuming and placed fresh up last time. Drawn the rails too
RemarksCompetitive lineup with many chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.50Place1 7 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 1.70Quinella 5:7 $ 10.80Trifecta 7:5:4 $ 62.60First4 7:5:4:6 $ 561.70Double 4/7+ $ 56.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - AUCKLAND CITY 1600Time: 3:44 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Checkers F: 8X359B(3) W(58)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Baker/Forsman )Freshened today. Was good for third fresh up Nice fifth in the 72 grade two back and looks well placed hereMain Danger1 Amano F: X8174B(6) W(59)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.80Won nicely three back at Hawkes Bay. Wide run at Wellington but was a decent effort and was good at the line last timeNext Best2 Fluorobus F: 04332B(4) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )PlacedDividend : $2.10Freshened since last racing. Was racing in very good form and expect another honest run hereInclude in Multis6 Qiji Swordsman F: X6093B(2) W(57)( T- Nigel Tiley )Much better last time. Looks to be peaking and should go closeLonger Odds4 Fratello F: 1X06B(1) W(58)( T- Lance Noble )Won it's only start last season and after two runs back, looks an improver
RemarksOnly six contest the pinultimate of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 2 $ 2.10Quinella 1:2 $ 5.80Trifecta 1:2:5 $ 53.80First4 1:2:5:4 $ 250.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RACE IMAGES 1200Time: 4:19 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Holsty F: 3X21XB(3) W(59)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Cody Cole )PlacedDividend : $1.70Talented galloper who has only had 4 starts. Never out of the first three and won last start before heading for a spell. Had a nice trial and galloped well in a exhibition gallop to prepareMain Danger9 React F: 610X7B(2) W(55.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Daniel Miller )Good trial before a decent fresh up run at Ellerslie. Senior rider hops on todayNext Best5 Palamedes F: 1420XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )WonDividends : $5.80 $3.20Fresh up without trial. Shown enough ability during career to be a chance here and the ace draw helpsInclude in Multis3 Finale F: X17X0B(7) W(58)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Joanne Surgenor )Better than fresh up run and can but improve.Longer Odds6 Highland Dancer F: 10020B(5) W(57)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )First race since New Year's day but has won fresh up before and could well surprise in a not overly strong field
RemarksFinal race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 5.80Place1 5 $ 3.20Place2 1 $ 1.70Quinella 1:5 $ 7.50Trifecta 5:1:9 $ 62.70First4 5:1:9:6 $ 177.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%