Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - WAIKATO BRANCH NZ FARRIERS ASSOCIATION MDN 1600Time: 12:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Jakama Krystal F: 5X532B(15) W(56.5)( T- Glynn Brick )Needs luck from the draw but it has plenty of upside and should break through soon. Looks ready after a good second placing last start.Main Danger14 Bergamot F: 3B(5) W(55)WonDividends : $3.90 $1.90Nice enough run on debut to warrant attention. Finished off nicely for third and another run like that would take it close.Next Best1 Kipchoge F: 562B(12) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Not bad at its first two before improving to run second last start. Another that needs some luck from out wide but could get it.Include in Multis4 Thunder F: 84B(10) W(58.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Mark Lupton )Better run last start and it could continue its improvement. Worth including here at the odds.Longer Odds5 Ruiz F: 6X46B(2) W(58.5)( T- Ross McCarroll )Shouldn't take long to break maiden grades and will pay a nice price to do it.
RemarksBig field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 3.90Place1 14 $ 1.90Place2 7 $ 6.60Place3 18 $ 6.40Quinella 7:14 $ 97.90Trifecta 14:7:18 $ 3135.80First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - A P GOLLAN REGISTERED VALUERS MAIDEN 1400Time: 12:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Patch Man F: 26232B(11) W(58.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Deserves to win a race soon after four placings from its last five starts. Drawn wide here but it will be around the mark.Main Danger12 Starring Role F: 40X22B(1) W(55)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Glenn Old )Knocking on the door after back-to-back second placings. Gets the inside draw and some weight off its back. Tough to beat on that.Next Best1 Making Waves F: 45332B(6) W(58.5)( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $5.80 $1.80Another which has been producing good efforts. Three placings in a row and it should get a nice trip throughout. Shouldn't be left out.Include in Multis11 Limentis F: 5B(2) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Fair enough effort on debut to warrant attention here. Drawn just off the inside and a win wouldn't be surprising.Longer Odds14 Hibernia Sea F: 6B(9) W(55)Seen finishing to effect on debut and will come on for the experience
RemarksGood betting field with many nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.80Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 7.20Quinella 1:11 $ 9.90Trifecta 1:11:8 $ 408.00First4 1:11:8:12 $ 1481.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 11, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BROADWAY MOTEL 1200Time: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Witchery F: 435X4B(2) W(57)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Jamie Richards )Carried good support last time out but didn't quite let down in the straight. Good enough to allow another chance. Nice odds on offer.Main Danger11 Van Irving F: 2990XB(8) W(55.5)Showed little last preparation but that came against some slick fields. Gets in nicely on the weights. Should run close.Next Best1 Bolt From The Blue F: 26X89B(6) W(60)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Tony Pike )Owns more class than many of these and could get back to winning form. Each-way odds on offer so consider here.Include in Multis5 Munster F: 1B(11) W(57.5)( T- Jim Collett )Did enough to win on debut and it looks to have a nice future ahead of it. Only the wide draw is a concern.Longer Odds10 Choctoc F: 6X330B(7) W(56)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )Talented at best so consider here at the odds.
RemarksAnother quality field with quality odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 25.00Place1 2 $ 3.10Place2 13 $ 9.30Place3 3 $ 2.20Quinella 2:13 $ 203.30First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CHRISTMAS AT THE RACES - 18TH DECEMBERTime: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'10 Romantic Lady F: 321B(7) W(55.5)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.40Might go to another level now that it has broken through. Gets in nicely on the weights and punters are getting good odds.Main Danger6 Maybeashowoff F: 75455B(5) W(56.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- David Greene )Form wouldn't indicate confidence but it has speed to burn when right. Drawn well and look for it to find the pace and kick.Next Best9 No Finer Pins F: 0X068B(8) W(56)( T- Karen Fursdon )Good enough to turn around its form. Right in this.Include in Multis5 Snitz Of Time F: 23X1XB(4) W(56.5)Had only the one run last campaign for a victory. A similar run would take it close and we're confident it will perform well.Longer Odds7 Craftyaffair F: X3217B(6) W(56)( T- E & D Browne )It seems anything Sam Collett rides at present is in with a shout
RemarksMany of these bring in good form
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.20Place1 10 $ 1.40Place2 14 $ 6.20Place3 11 $ 2.50Quinella 10:14 $ 45.40Trifecta 10:14:11 $ 413.40First4 10:14:11:9 $ 4259.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - THOMPSON FAMILY MAIDEN 1100Time: 2:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Cheers And Cheers F: 0X9X2B(6) W(58.5)( T- J & B Vance )Put the writing on the wall last time out when running second. Looks to have good ability and the conditions of this race will suit.Main Danger13 Levante F:B(5) W(55)( J- Ryan Elliot )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.90Has come for specking in the betting and that's a good sign on debut. Nice trial form and it's bred to find some early speed. Chance.Next Best9 Atomic Blonde F:B(9) W(56.5)Has been well backed and could run well at value odds.Include in Multis4 Like A Boss F:B(3) W(57)( T- Mark Brosnan )Looked good at the trials and that form could line up nicely for this. Not an easy race but consider at the odds.Longer Odds14 Terracotta F:B(2) W(55)( J- Shaun McKay )PlacedDividend : $5.10Ran 2nd in only trial and the money has come today for this one on debut
RemarksAnother great value betting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 4.40Place1 13 $ 1.90Place2 14 $ 5.10Place3 6 $ 2.60Quinella 13:14 $ 29.90Trifecta 13:14:6 $ 385.20First4 13:14:6:10 $ 4011.70Double 10+/13 $ 12.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - TOWER ROAD INVESTMENTS 1600Time: 3:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jimmy James F: 20X12B(9) W(59.5)( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Scored a good win two back and went close last time out. Has the confidence is at the moment and punters could cash in.Main Danger7 Goboniego F: 6X290B(7) W(57.5)( T- Stephanie Tierney )Needs to turn around some fairly average form but is capable on its day. Has been one of the better backed runners in the race.Next Best9 She's Fearless F: 92X33B(11) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.80Three consecutive placings coming into this. Only a matter of time before it gets back to its winning ways. Finds an even field here.Include in Multis4 Robusto F: 2332XB(8) W(58)PlacedDividend : $3.50Ended last campaign in fine style with four consecutive placings. Doesn't need to improve much to start winning more. Chance.Longer Odds3 Konstantina F: 2468XB(2) W(58)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Owns ability and it could upset them.
RemarksMany runners being well backed to win
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 24.50Place1 13 $ 5.40Place2 4 $ 3.50Place3 9 $ 1.80Quinella 4:13 $ 76.70Trifecta 13:4:9 $ 1277.50First4 13:4:9:11 $ 3993.70Treble 10+/13/13 $ 428.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Jimmy James(7) Goboniego (9) She's FearlessR7 (6) Penteverest(8) Tammie Wynette (13) LadylaxR8 (1) Malik(3) Craftyeva (4) Flourishing (7) GravitelleR9 (1) Piggy Malone(8) Two MadisonQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LOWE SCHOLLUM JONES-FASTTRACK $5K ADDED STK 1600Time: 3:51 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Penteverest F: 6X833B(4) W(58)Good recent efforts for third and it should be able to build off that nicely. Looks tough to beat from the good barrier.Main Danger8 Tammie Wynette F: X3511B(6) W(57.5)( T- Kim Coxon )Searching for its third consecutive win. That is good form for a race like this. Gets some weight off its back to help.Next Best13 Ladylax F: X6102B(3) W(56.5)Has won and placed already this campaign. Not the most consistent type but it has plenty of upside. Worth including.Include in Multis15 Initiative F: 40X17B(2) W(55.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Ross McCarroll )Chance to rebound after a disappointing effort last start. Showed its ability when winning prior to that.Longer Odds12 Soda F: X1107B(8) W(57)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Darryn Weatherley )WonDividends : $20.40 $4.90Scored back-to-back wins earlier this season. Chance on that.
RemarksEven betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 20.40Place1 12 $ 4.90Place2 2 $ 9.40Place3 1 $ 6.30Quinella 2:12 $ 310.00Trifecta 12:2:1 $ 6308.80First4 12:2:1:8 $ 21902.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 8, 12, 13, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MBS ADVISORS 2000Time: 4:26 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Malik F: 27153B(6) W(59)( J- Jonathan Riddell )PlacedDividend : $1.50Has been around the mark all campaign and deserves another winning turn. Punters are getting odds good enough worth taking.Main Danger4 Flourishing F: 85X34B(7) W(58)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.90Not too far away from them in two runs back from a spell. Has talent on its day and it could score an overdue win.Next Best7 Gravitelle F: 401B(2) W(57)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.90Turned around a poor run to score nicely last start. Drawn to figure in the finish and we're surprised at the odds on offer. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis3 Craftyeva F: 2X542B(3) W(58)( T- Cody Cole )Improving with every run this season and that's form worth following. Going to get a good run in transit and it could strike late.Longer Odds5 Noble Star F: 3X085B(8) W(58)( T- John Bell )Has upside and it could add some value to calculations.
RemarksLooks an even field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.40Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 1.90Quinella 1:7 $ 8.80Trifecta 7:1:4 $ 69.80First4 7:1:4:13 $ 441.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - THE REDOUBT BAR & EATERY MAIDEN 2000Time: 4:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Two Madison F: X8242B(15) W(56.5)( J- Sam Spratt )Looks set to break through soon after finishing second last time out. Just needs to find luck from the horror draw. Big chance if that comes.Main Danger1 Piggy Malone F: 24522B(6) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Davina Waddell )PlacedDividend : $1.60Knocking on the door after consecutive second placings. It has raced against solid fields and this is no harder. Right in the mix.Next Best2 Hosel Rocket F: 0083B(2) W(58.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Nothing worse than a hosel rocket, but it could offer punters some value here. Drawn well and there has been some specking for it.Include in Multis5 Hvar F: 80X76B(16) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )The form line doesn't read well but it has more ability than most in this field. Tricky draw but it's worth including in the mix.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Kajino F: 76359B(4) W(58.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Ernie Griffiths )WonDividends : $19.50 $3.90Comes into calculations with the good draw.
RemarksLooks a highly-contested maiden
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 19.50Place1 3 $ 3.90Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 10 $ 2.80Quinella 1:3 $ 34.10Trifecta 3:1:10 $ 519.50First4 3:1:10:4 $ 9033.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%