Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DAVE THOMSON @ HARCOURTS MAIDEN 1400Time: 12:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Jack Be Quick F: 5B(12) W(57)Good on debut without luck late after a winning trial well. Up in distance today will on help chancesMain Danger10 Too Ferlaxed F: X4404B(8) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $2.40Disappointed during Cup week but fourths prior and after were solid and will likely be running home todayNext Best6 Khitan Warrior F: 34X50B(7) W(57)( J- Yong Chew )Only been fair in both runs back but trialed in a manner that suggests he is nearing his best.Include in Multis13 Nymphadora Tonks F: 5X96B(2) W(55)Blinkers on last start and was very good when sixth. Up to the 1400 today and looks a good chance from a nice draw.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Kristofferson F: 0B(13) W(57)Trial nice enough before no luck on debut. Chance here
RemarksCompetitive first race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 7.90Place1 11 $ 2.50Place2 10 $ 2.40Place3 1 $ 3.60Quinella 10:11 $ 27.20Trifecta 11:10:1 $ 428.50First4 11:10:1:13 $ 1848.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RICHIE MCCREA PAINTING & DECORATING 1400Time: 1:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Xcuses Xcuses F: 75023B(2) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.80Been good last two starts. Good run here two starts during Cup week. Just beaten last start at Cromwell and a good chance todayMain Danger3 Ticket To Ride F: 12618B(5) W(57.5)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.80In career best form. Didn't back up after top win in Valachi Downs. Good chance on current form.Next Best2 Disturbance F: 5X500B(3) W(60)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Put three in a row last prep well. Struggled this prep but trialed well since last run.
RemarksSmall field but some nice runners contest it.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.20Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 5 $ 1.80Quinella 3:5 $ 4.50Trifecta 3:5:2 $ 22.60First4 3:5:2:4 $ 38.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - HEARTLAND PRINT MAIDEN 2200Time: 1:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Red Light District F: 366B(13) W(58.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )PlacedDividend : $2.50Good third on debut. Has been good enough in his next two starts and up to the 2200 today suits.Main Danger1 Danny Green F: 8X402B(3) W(58.5)( T- Danny Crozier )PlacedDividend : $1.40Good run last start first time over ground. Just beaten and looks a good chance hereNext Best2 Take The Deel F: X0026B(1) W(58.5)( T- Brian Court )WonDividends : $6.80 $2.30Had Blinkers on two starts back and was very good. Tough run last start from a wide trip. Up in distance hereInclude in Multis8 Figeameout F: 52347B(10) W(56.5)Nice run over the 1600m last time and prior form over ground was very good and consistent. Shouldn't be far away todayLonger Odds10 Star Wars Princess F: 00003B(12) W(56.5)( T- Suzanne McCarty )Very good last start. Chance at odds.
RemarksGood staying maiden race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 6.80Place1 2 $ 2.30Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 2.50Quinella 1:2 $ 9.30Trifecta 2:1:3 $ 99.80First4 2:1:3:13 $ 3055.20Double 3/2 $ 14.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HINDS RIDGE FARMING & BEVAN WILSON 2200Time: 2:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Splendior F: 24423B(7) W(58)( T- S & M Smith )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50In very honest form. Placing in last 6 starts. Good second during Cup week. Very good at Cromwell and well placed to win hereMain Danger6 Effervescent F: 60037B(4) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Been disappointing at the trainer has been very confident but good third during Cup week. Good without luck at Cromwell and looks a good hope hereNext Best4 Producer F: 440X0B(8) W(57.5)( T- Kenny Moore )Showed staying ability last prep. Good at the trials. Didn't get all favours first up but can go close here.Include in Multis5 Stop Making Sense F: 06623B(9) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $2.00Has been good her last two in races that suited and gets similar conditions hereLonger Odds1 Vee Twelve F: 59X86B(11) W(59.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Jackie Burrows )Needed two resuming runs. Put some nice efforts last prep and could figure in the finish
RemarksQuite an even line up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.00Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 11 $ 3.00Place3 5 $ 2.00Quinella 3:11 $ 15.30Trifecta 3:11:5 $ 118.20First4 3:11:5:10 $ 691.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HOTEL ASHBURTON 1200Time: 2:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Pipiana F: 90228B(4) W(57)( T- M & M Pitman )Huge run in both runs during Cup week. Got cover at Cromwell and was disappointing. Will be ridden forward todayMain Danger4 Vendima F: 25X76B(1) W(58)PlacedDividend : $2.00Has been going well enough two run this prep. Got a good gate and should run well now third up.Next Best8 Mediterranean Star F: 18736B(3) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.90Good two back at Riccarton during Cup week. Wide trip at Cromwell and could run a good race hereInclude in Multis9 Solomon F: 09X52B(7) W(56.5)Nice run at Riccarton two back. Good run at Cromwell and could run well today.Longer Odds10 Wynmoore F: 10X03B(9) W(54)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Kenny Moore )Good run last start and could run a race at odds.
RemarksVery even competitive sprint
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 9.50Place1 6 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 2.00Place3 8 $ 1.90Quinella 4:6 $ 31.20Trifecta 6:4:8 $ 270.90First4 6:4:8:9 $ 2022.20Double 3+/6 $ 26.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 7, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDENTime: 3:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Crop F: 042B(5) W(56)( T- Neil Coulbeck )Just beaten last time in a pearl series race. Improving off every start and targeted for this.Main Danger3 Quintuple Twins F: X6X03B(9) W(57.5)Trialed well before a solid run for third. Looks a good chance.Next Best2 Montreux Miss F: X2053B(14) W(57.5)WonDividends : $9.30 $3.10Has been knocking on the door all prep. Went close to winning last time and got the wide draw todayInclude in Multis1 Exclaim F: X0282B(13) W(57.5)( J- Yong Chew )Good second three back. Nice second with Yong on last time and only concern is the wide draw.Longer Odds5 Our Girl Gilly F: 550B(4) W(57.5)( T- M & M Pitman )PlacedDividend : $4.10Both runs for fifth were good. Disappointing last time but got a good draw to use today
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 9.30Place1 2 $ 3.10Place2 12 $ 9.10Place3 5 $ 4.10Quinella 2:12 $ 171.60Trifecta 2:12:5 $ 2165.60First4 2:12:5:1 $ 4341.80Treble 3+/6/2 $ 320.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Exclaim(2) Montreux Miss (3) Quintuple Twins (8) CropR7 (2) Diorissimo(4) Pamir (5) Top LaurelsR8 (7) Zurafaa(8) WonderingR9 (1) Hee's Our Secret(3) I Am A Rock (4) RainmanQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NORM STEWART / ROSS, CONNAR & LEE 2200Time: 3:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Pamir F: 18523B(2) W(55.5)( T- John Luxton )PlacedDividend : $2.00Both placings in Cromwell and Motukarara Cups were good and comes into this with the right form to win.Main Danger2 Diorissimo F: 42244B(4) W(57.5)( T- S & M Smith )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.60In very honest form. Good fourth in NZ Cup last time been freshened and will run an honest race.Next Best5 Top Laurels F: X0941B(1) W(55)( T- Paul Harris )Ran well last start after a good run prior. Comes into this in good form.Include in Multis3 King Of The Dance F: 31297B(5) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Charles/Corbett )Freshened since NZ Cup. Good run over 2000m Listed race three back. If he is well after 3200m race will be very competitive.Longer Odds8 Standrews Masonic F: 03579B(6) W(54)( T- Cheri Trembath )PlacedDividend : $4.10Capable of running a race today
RemarksGood staying field with some returning from NZ Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.90Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 8 $ 4.10Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 2:8 $ 36.00Trifecta 2:8:4 $ 320.00First4 2:8:4:6 $ 1801.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - STACKHOUSE FARMING LTD MAIDEN 1400Time: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'8 Wondering F: 2X278B(2) W(56.5)( J- Dylan Turner )Went close to winning in the north in some strong races. Good run last start during Cup week and looks a very good chance todayMain Danger7 Zurafaa F: 423X8B(10) W(56.5)( T- Laurie Jarvis )Needed resuming run. Was close to winning one last prep and now second up I expect a bold raceNext Best1 Oceans Away F: 66473B(3) W(58.5)( T- Paul Harris )Decent run last start. Wasn't bad in the higher grade two back.Include in Multis15 Kandhu F: 26890B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.80Form hasn't been bad as it looks. Been running home in every start. Capable of running a race from a decent draw.Longer Odds6 Ifithappensagain F: 8B(6) W(57)Wasn't the worst of runs on debut and could go close today
RemarksFull field with many chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 27.90Place1 5 $ 7.00Place2 15 $ 2.80Place3 2 $ 2.50Quinella 5:15 $ 113.90Trifecta 5:15:2 $ 3241.50First4 5:15:2:4 $ 4210.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 8, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - VALE MYRA HARNETT 1400Time: 5:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Rainman F: 321X5B(6) W(58.5)Won maiden well before spell. Good fifth fresh up and looks a good winning hope in the lastMain Danger3 I Am A Rock F: 12368B(14) W(59)PlacedDividend : $3.60Freshened since disappointing run last time. Was in very good form prior. Got the ability but has a wide gateNext Best1 Hee's Our Secret F: 44370B(9) W(60)WonDividends : $8.80 $3.10Dropping back in grade after some ordinary runs. Will get back and run well and can get close if he's close enough.Include in Multis10 Veuve Clicquot F: 60430B(12) W(55.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )Making southern debut which must be respected. Has been racing well in the CD and can run well hereLonger Odds7 Ataahuadreamsrfree F: 6X560B(10) W(57)Disappointing last time after two nice runs. Can turn form around here
RemarksFinal race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.80Place1 1 $ 3.10Place2 3 $ 3.60Place3 16 $ 6.20Quinella 1:3 $ 39.30Trifecta 1:3:16 $ 1321.00First4 1:3:16:5 $ 11791.50Double 5/1 $ 154.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%