Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 1200Time: 12:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Madam Hass F: 11B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Unbeaten in both runs to date and looks likely to remain so.Main Danger1 Equinox F: X2174B(5) W(59.5)First run since November but any horse from the Richards/Bossom combination has to be highly rated.Next Best3 Romantic Lady F: 32111B(1) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )This filly has just continued to get better in all 5 starts, winning the last three. Right in this.Include in Multis2 Run To Perfection F: 2124B(4) W(57.5)WonDividends : $4.30 $2.40Last run in November in the Guineas. All runs to date show it has a bit of class.Longer Odds6 Qiji Melody F: 43631B(2) W(55.5)( J- Lisa Allpress )Last start winner but this a definite step up in class
RemarksSmall but competitive field to start the day.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.30Place1 2 $ 2.40Place2 4 $ 1.60Quinella 2:4 $ 5.80Trifecta 2:4:5 $ 72.00First4 2:4:5:3 $ 148.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SWISS DELI 1200Time: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Born Dragon F: 41X21B(4) W(55.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- J & B Vance )What a win last time - showed incredible speed and led them a merry chase. Same tactics, holds on to win.Main Danger1 Media Sensation F: 5X120B(8) W(60)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- P & D Williams )11th in Railway but finishing well and less than 5l from winner. Prior form was excellent.Next Best4 Le Castile F: 8X442B(1) W(55.5)( T- Mark Blackie )Consistent and a real fighter. Back in distance. Has advantage of inside draw too.Include in Multis3 Rock 'N' Affair F: X1321B(3) W(56)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Kevin Gray )PlacedDividend : $1.60Doing everything asked of it in Central Districts. Lisa Allpress travels up to ride.Longer Odds7 Santa Catarina F: 13X90B(6) W(54)WonDividends : $10.10 $2.50Has the class so consider, albeit has yet to return to last seasons form yet. Might be today.
RemarksBorn Dragon's turn of pace was phenomenal last time and they'll all be closing hard at the finish.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 10.10Place1 7 $ 2.50Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 2.90Quinella 3:7 $ 34.70Trifecta 7:3:8 $ 382.20First4 7:3:8:5 $ 1312.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 1500Time: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Pimlico F: 10631B(2) W(58.5)WonDividends : $4.30 $2.60Opposing the favourite for this one - the Andrew Campbell stable is flying and expect Pimlico to back up last start win with another.Main Danger6 Hasstobegood F: 56143B(3) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Clearly the best chance on form, finishing strongly into 3rd behind Travelling Light & Harlech. 1500m will suit too.Next Best8 Brahma Sunset F: 21B(5) W(55.5)Has big reputation at home and while this is tougher, last start win was an indication of more to come.Include in Multis5 Tibetan F: 5232B(1) W(56)( J- Matthew Cameron )Another Andew Campbell runner. Still to win but has been Stakes placed.Longer Odds2 Rhaegar F: 47054B(7) W(57.5)Could cause an upset - only win was here and from Baker/Forsman stable
RemarksTravelling Light & Harlech franked the form of Hasstobegood and rates a serious chance but we like Pimlico.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.30Place1 1 $ 2.60Place2 6 $ 1.60Quinella 1:6 $ 5.60Trifecta 1:6:5 $ 36.50First4 1:6:5:2 $ 169.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE 1200Time: 2:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Bordeaux Le Rouge F: 21B(1) W(57.5)Could have been unbeaten and that was an impressive win last start. Appears to be going places and the inside draw is ideal.Main Danger6 Hasstobemagic F: 22B(5) W(54)Has run two nice races behind some good types. Should be winning a race shortly and this is an ideal target.Next Best4 Trident F: 1B(6) W(57.5)Stable is firing with their juveniles this season. Has been specked at each-way odds and it should continue to be backed. Chance.Include in Multis9 Vernazza F: 3B(8) W(54)( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $7.60 $2.00Did a few things wrong on debut but it wasn't a bad effort. Has improvement to come and every chance here.Longer Odds8 Tango Love F: 83B(2) W(54)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Jenna Mahoney )Should improve this season and that was a handy placing last start.
RemarksLooks a competitive field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 7.60Place1 9 $ 2.00Place2 10 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 2.30Quinella 9:10 $ 20.90Trifecta 9:10:7 $ 251.90First4 9:10:7:1 $ 944.30Double 1/9 $ 38.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BESTAFF 2100Time: 3:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Steven James F: 84526B(1) W(58.5)( T- John Morell )Consistent type and inside draw will ensure good run. 2100m will be idealMain Danger1 Lincoln King F: 01165B(4) W(59.5)WonDividends : $3.60 $1.50This Stephen Marsh runner has won 2 of last 4 and was finishing strongly last time. Comes back from 2400m and that a slight concern.Next Best2 Church Road F: 25012B(7) W(59)( J- Masa Hashizume )PlacedDividend : $1.60Wonderful record, winning or placing in 50% of all starts. Last start over 1500m so be interesting to see how 2100m suits.Include in Multis5 Farm Boy F: 50302B(8) W(58)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- T & M Carter )Runner up at long odds last time but was showing improvement in previous races. Could continue here.Longer Odds8 Firoden F: 6P595B(5) W(54.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Steven Reid )Seen finishing strongly last time and Sam Collett sticks with it.
RemarksMany chances here - 'multis' might be the bet.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.60Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 3.30Place3 2 $ 1.60Quinella 1:6 $ 20.40Trifecta 1:6:2 $ 142.30First4 1:6:2:8 $ 781.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Lincoln King(2) Church Road (4) Steven JamesR6 (1) Tiptronic(8) India (10) IntrigueR7 (4) Gino Severini(5) Raposa RapidaR8 (1) Foodie King(9) Mersey Beat (15) Communique (16) Sacred CagaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MONSTAVISION 2100Time: 3:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Tiptronic F: 81357B(1) W(60)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Graham Richardson )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.80Took on the Group 1 class last time and was only beaten by just over 4 lengths. This much easier and has drawn the rails.Main Danger10 Intrigue F: X4392B(6) W(54)We've tipped this out in its last two starts. Has shown great promise and it was a very nice run last time.Next Best8 India F: X6X95B(7) W(54)( T- Stephen Autridge )Now looking likely to fulfill expectations after a couple of 'improver' runs since arriving in NZ.Include in Multis3 Roger That F: 47225B(4) W(57.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Antony Fuller )Too good to leave out - ran 5th in Counties Cup last time after two seconds.Longer Odds2 Highlad F: 49X94B(2) W(58)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Mark Lupton )Looking likely to return to top form of recent seasons. Loves this trip.
RemarksThis is a nice race with some good racehorses turning out.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.40Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 7 $ 2.60Quinella 1:6 $ 12.10Trifecta 1:6:7 $ 163.40First4 1:6:7:10 $ 483.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PEGASUS EQUINE 1400Time: 4:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Gino Severini F: X1262B(2) W(57)( J- Masa Hashizume )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.40Justifies short price on form, draw and strength of the opposition. Should winMain Danger5 Raposa Rapida F: 50133B(5) W(57)Clearly the danger here .... recent form has been excellent.Next Best3 Crafty Jess F: X7417B(3) W(57)Nice win two back so we were disappointed with its run last time. Expect it to be in the mix here, with Opie up.Include in Multis6 Cyber Attack F: 8X904B(1) W(56.5)Seen finishing strongly over 1200m last time and now up in distance. Drawn the rails for a good run too.Longer Odds1 Sasanof's Hero F: 40X04B(4) W(59)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Davina Waddell )Two runs back and 'improver' written over both of them. Could surprise.
RemarksNot the strongest field of the day so we see the favourite having every chance of the win.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.00Place1 4 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 3.20Quinella 4:8 $ 6.50Trifecta 4:8:5 $ 25.10First4 4:8:5:6 $ 68.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - OTAKIRI RESERVE MAIDEN 1600Time: 4:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Foodie King F: 64X22B(1) W(58.5)( J- Sam Spratt )Back-to-back placings coming into this. Should be tough to beat against this field and the inside draw only helps its chances.Main Danger15 Communique F: 33B(8) W(55)( T- Stephen Autridge )WonDividends : $7.20 $2.70Hit the line nicely to run third last start. This looks a good target and punters are getting value odds.Next Best16 Sacred Caga F: 3B(5) W(55)Did enough on debut when hitting the line late. That suggests a maiden win isn't far away and we're expecting a good run.Include in Multis3 Oceana Lad F: 64B(3) W(58.5)Better run for fourth last start and although drifting on the tote, it could run well enough to win. Include for value.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Mersey Beat F: 854B(11) W(57)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )Improving type so consider.
RemarksOpen field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 7.20Place1 15 $ 2.70Place2 12 $ 3.70Place3 8 $ 3.10Quinella 12:15 $ 55.30Trifecta 15:12:8 $ 902.50First4 15:12:8:11 $ 6801.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 9, 15, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%