Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SKYCITY 2100Time: 12:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jimmy James F: X1271B(14) W(59)( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Drawn deep but that doesn't usually matter around Ellerslie. Two wins already this campaign and punters are getting good odds.Main Danger4 Prince Albert F: 47312B(12) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )WonDividends : $4.70 $1.90Took some time to win its first race but ran credibly last time out. Gets every chance to get back to winning form here.Next Best10 Lochwinnoch F: X4214B(6) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Michael Wallace )Yet to run a bad race this time in work. Impressive winner two back and it should be running well here.Include in Multis14 Valmur F: 07313B(1) W(56)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Les Collins )Inside draw is ideal and it's paying nice odds considering it won two back. Money coming for it.Longer Odds3 Sagunto F: 41921B(3) W(59)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Last-start winner with upside.
RemarksCapable staying field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.70Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 16 $ 12.80Place3 11 $ 4.10Quinella 4:16 $ 129.70Trifecta 4:16:11 $ 2993.70First4 4:16:11:14 $ 8120.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 10, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MAINSTREAM PLUMBING & GASFITTING 1400Time: 1:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Not Usual Litening F: 79X31B(2) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )Scored an impressive win last start and it looks ready to rise through the grades. Drawn well and we're confident of another good run.Main Danger10 Mekelle F: 25X13B(3) W(56)WonDividends : $4.80 $1.80Loomed to win last start after stretching out late. Narrowly missed and it should be fitter for the run. Goes close.Next Best12 Shanqueen F: 33X21B(5) W(56)( T- P & D Williams )Another runner which capped off good form with a win and could rise through the grades. Drawn well so include.Include in Multis14 Threadtheneedle F: X9541B(4) W(56)PlacedDividend : $4.00Turned around moderate form with a last-start win. Punters are getting good odds and it's worth including.Longer Odds15 Santori F: 531B(8) W(54.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- M & K Murdoch )Has upside. Consider at the odds.
RemarksPlenty of winning form throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.80Place1 10 $ 1.80Place2 9 $ 7.10Place3 14 $ 4.00Quinella 9:10 $ 85.80Trifecta 10:9:14 $ 1407.10First4 10:9:14:16 $ 23413.50Double 4/10 $ 13.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's8, 10, 12, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BARNESWOOD FARM ECLIPSE STAKES (G2)Time: 1:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Not An Option F: 11B(4) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.10Still has plenty to learn but has been offering plenty in two wins to date. Deserves to be favourite and it should run accordingly.Main Danger5 Play That Song F: 11B(8) W(54.5)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.40Yet to do anything wrong in winning its first two starts. Likely danger to the favourite and punters are getting better odds.Next Best2 Preakness F: 1B(1) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )This stable is firing of late and that was an impressive debut win. Should strengthen up nicely and be a force in this race.Include in Multis8 American Princess F: 1B(6) W(54.5)Hit the line with real purpose when winning on debut. Talented filly which should enjoy this track. Don't rule it out.Longer Odds7 Tivaan Warrior F: 54B(3) W(54.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Dean Wiles )PlacedDividend : $4.30Better for recent racing. Could improve and win.
RemarksAlways a top betting and form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.10Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 1.10Place3 7 $ 4.30Quinella 1:5 $ 2.90Trifecta 5:1:7 $ 79.50First4 5:1:7:6 $ 724.50Treble 4/10/5 $ 140.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - VALACHI DOWNS ROYAL STAKES (G2)Time: 2:13 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Two Illicit F: 3112B(6) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.90 $1.30Backs up after running second behind Jennifer Eccles last start. Has every chance of beating this field and the odds suggest as much.Main Danger2 Lilikoi F: X1221B(3) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Looks a good type in the making after beating a good field at Awapuni last start. McDonald rides and that can make the difference.Next Best4 Rendition F: 3X533B(7) W(56.5)( T- P & D Williams )Getting close to a win after posting three third placings from its last four starts. Tough race to win but the odds appeal.Include in Multis10 Coco Baci F: 415B(1) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )Inside draw works in its favour and that was a strong win two back. Wouldn't be surprised to see it run close.Longer Odds6 Aalaalune F: 04140B(12) W(56.5)( T- TeamRogerson )An enigmatic type which had no luck last start.
RemarksAnother high-class race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.90Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 8 $ 6.30Place3 2 $ 1.50Quinella 1:8 $ 33.20Trifecta 1:8:2 $ 148.70First4 1:8:2:10 $ 824.80Double 5/1+ $ 9.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DUNSTAN FEEDS STAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP FINALTime: 2:48 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Joe's Legacy F: 71042B(2) W(56)( T- Jason Price )PlacedDividend : $3.00Worked to the line nicely last start and it's a highly-regarded type. Working towards this race and it could provide punters with good value.Main Danger5 Swords Drawn F: 21213B(3) W(56)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Disappointing last time out. Had looked good prior to that, winning two of its prior three starts. Could get back to winning form.Next Best3 Kya Khoob Lagti Ho F: X6121B(8) W(56)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Frank Ritchie )Makes its own luck and that has worked in its favour this season. Two wins from its last three starts and it goes into the mix again.Include in Multis1 Paisley Park F: 52862B(11) W(60)WonDividends : $7.80 $2.40Has more class than most here but needs to win a race very soon. Running out of chances but went close last start.Longer Odds2 Lincoln King F: 20116B(7) W(56.5)Goes close with some luck in running. Chance.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.80Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 4 $ 3.00Place3 11 $ 3.70Quinella 1:4 $ 37.80Trifecta 1:4:11 $ 709.70First4 1:4:11:15 $ 6578.20Quaddie 10/5/1+/1 $ 614.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - JAMIESON PARK AUCKLAND GUINEAS (G2)Time: 3:23 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Riodini F: 1X111B(3) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Unbeaten to date and it hasn't done anything to suggest that it couldn't win here. Drawn well and will present to win in the straight.Main Danger3 Dragon Leap F: 12B(5) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.20Threw the race away last start. Looked to have the race in safe keeping. With maturity will come success. Big danger here.Next Best9 Star Of Bombay F: 211B(7) W(54.5)( J- Craig Grylls )PlacedDividend : $1.50Back-to-back wins coming into this. Has a nice future and it will enjoy the lighter weight. Just needs some early luck from the draw.Include in Multis8 Holy Mongolemperor F: X25X2B(6) W(56.5)Yet to win a race but has looked likely at times. Could be warming up and the odds on offer are too good to pass up.Longer Odds1 Sherwood Forest F: X1513B(2) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )Solid form coming into this. Chance.
RemarksHot race which will could be a guide to future Derby races
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.80Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 2 $ 1.30Place3 9 $ 1.50Quinella 2:3 $ 2.10Trifecta 3:2:9 $ 17.40First4 3:2:9:1 $ 57.80Double 1/3 $ 25.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RICH HILL MILE (G2)Time: 3:58 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Aim Smart F: 2X143B(1) W(54)( T- Lauren Brennan )Impressive win fresh up before running two solid races. Drawing the rails is ideal and carrying the light weight helps. Juicy odds on offer.Main Danger11 Prise De Fer F: X3111B(13) W(53)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.80Has been putting away some solid fields. This is much harder but punters have to be impressed with its turn-of-foot. Obvious inclusion.Next Best1 Yearn F: 7X214B(8) W(59)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Karen Fursdon )PlacedDividend : $2.70Class runner of the field but will its trademark finish be dampened by the 59kg? Has been be included regardless.Include in Multis12 Hypnos F: 6X516B(9) W(52.5)( J- Richard Oliver )Let down for a nice win two back. 52.5kg on the back makes it an inclusion at the odds.Longer Odds10 Demonetization F: 000X8B(3) W(53)( J- Lynsey Satherley )Look for sharp improvement given its last-start run.
RemarksAnother open field with good odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.20Place1 11 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 2.70Place3 18 $ 11.20Quinella 1:11 $ 10.90Trifecta 11:1:18 $ 825.50First4 11:1:18:17 $ 8875.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Yearn(7) Aim Smart (11) Prise De FerR8 (3) Concert Hall(4) Sentimental Miss (5) JustamaizR9 (3) Julius(7) Winter Bride (12) Dama ZorroR10 (3) Show Down(6) Hoist (13) Livvy Lass (16) VichyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SKYCITY CITY OF AUCKLAND CUP (G3)Time: 4:33 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Concert Hall F: 25441B(14) W(57.5)Returned to winning form last start and that should stack up nicely for this. Draw won't be an issue over this distance. Top pick.Main Danger4 Sentimental Miss F: 05041B(5) W(57)( T- Lisa Latta )Looks a Cup winner in the making at some point of its career. Got back to winning form last start and it should go close here.Next Best5 Justamaiz F: X6011B(2) W(57)( J- Michael McNab )( T- David Greene )Has taken down a couple of handy fields of late. This is another test but it is measuring up nicely. Draws well so consider.Include in Multis8 Platinum Invador F: 05832B(13) W(55.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lisa Latta )WonDividends : $6.20 $2.20Ideally-placed after consecutive placings coming into this. Distance should suit nicely so consider at odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Artiste F: X3861B(8) W(55.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )Loves the track and defied slow pace last start. Definite value runner.
RemarksPunters are getting good odds throughout the Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.20Place1 8 $ 2.20Place2 11 $ 2.40Place3 13 $ 3.10Quinella 8:11 $ 22.00Trifecta 8:11:13 $ 364.70First4 8:11:13:3 $ 1361.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SISTEMA RAILWAY (G1)Time: 5:08 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Winter Bride F: 30X07B(10) W(55)( T- Toby & Trent Edmonds )PlacedDividend : $1.80The Aussies have a good record winning this race. Has form around some slick types and it could be too good for this lot.Main Danger12 Dama Zorro F: 19X11B(4) W(53)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- David Greene )Back-to-back wins this campaign and it gets the weight edge at 53kg. Inexperienced Group 1 rider is the only negative.Next Best3 Julius F: 23X41B(9) W(56)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- John Bell )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.30As tough as they come. Got back to winning form last start and we wouldn't be ruling it out. Just needs to lift a half-length to win.Include in Multis2 Volpe Veloce F: 4X98XB(1) W(56)( J- Michael McNab )Didn't fire over the Tasman, which strengthens the form of Winter Bride. Could use the inside draw to its advantage.Longer Odds5 Dawn Patrol F: 21716B(3) W(56)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Frank Ritchie )Not the most consistent but it has ability.
RemarksCan the Kiwis see off the Aussie charge?
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.60Place1 3 $ 2.30Place2 7 $ 1.80Place3 11 $ 9.90Quinella 3:7 $ 8.30Trifecta 3:7:11 $ 848.60First4 3:7:11:5 $ 10375.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 1600Time: 5:48 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Livvy Lass F: 24118B(1) W(56)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Could bounce back against this class. Looked good winning its two starts prior and the inside draw helps. Appealing odds.Main Danger3 Show Down F: 8X221B(3) W(58.5)( T- T & M Carter )Impressive win last start and it has more upside than many of these. Could kick on with it now.Next Best6 Hoist F: 312X3B(5) W(58)( T- Allan Sharrock )Always a winning chance and it's coming off a tidy finish for third. Punters are getting good odds so consider.Include in Multis16 Vichy F: 25X66B(7) W(55.5)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.90Looks ready to run a big race. There has been good money on and it should run accordingly.Longer Odds2 Lucky Sweep F: 60X88B(9) W(59)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen McKee )Allow one more chance given the odds.
RemarksWide-open field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 4.10Place1 16 $ 1.90Place2 10 $ 3.80Place3 1 $ 6.10Quinella 10:16 $ 32.00Trifecta 16:10:1 $ 946.80First4 16:10:1:8 $ 9807.30Double 3/16+ $ 24.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 13, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%