Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DUNSTAN FEEDS STAYERS CHAMPS QUALIFIER 2200Time: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Star Karen F: X6225B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Looked the winner last start but just battled late. Better for that run and punters are getting nice odds. Should go close here.Main Danger8 Special Light F: X7502B(2) W(54)Much improved run for second last time out. Gets in with only 54kg on its back and that is a big plus. Drawn well.Next Best5 Swing Note F: 4X064B(7) W(57.5)Improving with every run this campaign. Should be able to test a few of these and the odds are appealing. Opie rides.Include in Multis1 All Roads F: 80837B(10) W(60)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Tony Cole )Class type but will need to turn around some moderate form. Showed ability when placing two back and a similar run would be good enough.Longer Odds9 Take It Out F: 41X23B(9) W(54)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Caroline Pomare )Light weight chance at the generous odds.
RemarksThis is always a good form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 9.40Place1 6 $ 2.80Place2 4 $ 3.40Place3 7 $ 1.60Quinella 4:6 $ 48.10Trifecta 6:4:7 $ 426.60First4 6:4:7:1 $ 4144.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - STELLA ARTOIS 1100Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Brazier F:B(7) W(57)Colt out of Katie Lee. Bred to be good and it has shown good pace at home. Jockey is riding confidently and it has been heavily backed.Main Danger5 Philipsburg F:B(6) W(57)Trial winner which has attracted attention with bookmakers. Opie rides and that should attract more bets come race day. Chance.Next Best11 Embers F:B(2) W(55)PlacedDividend : $2.20Nice odds considering it's a trial winner and has terrific breeding. Every chance of winning this at generous odds.Include in Multis8 Taroni F: 2B(3) W(55)( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $4.50 $1.60Has had the benefit of race experience. Shouldn't have been relegated when winning on debut but this field has more depth.Longer Odds7 Tivaan Warrior F: 54B(12) W(55)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Dean Wiles )Just needs some luck from the draw. Consider.
RemarksProgressive field with many potentially nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.50Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 9 $ 1.90Place3 11 $ 2.20Quinella 8:9 $ 12.60Trifecta 8:9:11 $ 129.20First4 8:9:11:4 $ 1033.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 1400Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Campari F: 0X739B(5) W(56)Didn't fire last start but we're prepared to give it another chance. Drawn well and it should be hitting the line nicely. Odds appeal.Main Danger5 Gino Severini F: 0X126B(9) W(56.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $1.30Odds are a touch short of value. However, it has plenty of ability as shown when winning fresh up. McDonald rides.Next Best2 Cavallo Veloce F: 34584B(2) W(58.5)( T- Peter McKay )Made a big impression when winning first up in New Zealand. A little flat since but this is a winnable race. Talented at best.Include in Multis8 Cha Siu Bao F: 363X4B(7) W(55)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good run for fourth last time out. Doesn't win all that often but it's another runner that is paying nice odds. Include for value.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Lucky Sweep F: 360X8B(8) W(54.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )Better than what it showed last start. Value.
RemarksAnother each-way field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 19.20Place1 7 $ 3.90Place2 5 $ 1.30Place3 8 $ 2.10Quinella 5:7 $ 17.30Trifecta 7:5:8 $ 315.50First4 7:5:8:1 $ 5500.50Treble 6/8/7 $ 982.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SHAW'S WIRES ROPES UNCLE REMUS STAKESTime: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Harlech F: X1212B(9) W(58.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.70Looks a lovely type in the making. Huge run for second in the Guineas and despite the draw, it could settle back and storm home late.Main Danger3 Travelling Light F: 1113B(7) W(57.5)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Ben Foote )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Suffered its first defeat in the Guineas. Did a little too much early work and we prefer it ridden with patience. Expect a change in tactics.Next Best12 Bella Mente F: X0235B(1) W(55.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Has won only one of its eight starts but has been heavily backeds at odds. Inside draw helps and McDonald rides. Consider.Include in Multis5 Double Impact F: 136B(3) W(57.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Keith Hawtin )Looked good on debut when scoring an improbable win. Only fair since but there is more improvement to come. Worth sticking with at odds.Longer Odds4 Shenanigans F: 12B(10) W(57.5)Good debut win and its subsequent run was good. Chance.
RemarksCracking race. One of the better races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.70Place1 3 $ 1.40Place2 2 $ 1.70Place3 13 $ 3.40Quinella 2:3 $ 4.10Trifecta 3:2:13 $ 73.40First4 3:2:13:12 $ 245.10Double 7/3+ $ 82.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HEADQUARTERS VIADUCT/THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB 1200Time: 2:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Only In Jakarta F: 11B(9) W(56)WonDividends : $1.60 $1.20Looks a very nice type in the making. Blew them away last start and having James McDonald in the saddle only adds to the appeal. Top chance.Main Danger8 One Kotukustreet F: 25132B(5) W(57)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $2.00Doesn't know how to run a bad race and it goes well enough to win this. Drawn well and gets 3kg coming off its back. Goes close.Next Best10 Pimms 'N' Pearls F: X2713B(4) W(56)( T- Ross McCarroll )Should always be included. Has talent and has shown that already this campaign. Chance.Include in Multis4 Aero De Paris F: 12414B(3) W(58.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Two wins from its last five starts. Nothing wrong with that form and the odds are too good to pass up. Worth including.Longer Odds11 Stylish Suggestion F: 1X933B(2) W(56)Has been well backed at odds. Chance.
RemarksAnother cracking field where the money is on the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 1.60Place1 9 $ 1.20Place2 8 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 2.20Quinella 8:9 $ 5.30Trifecta 9:8:1 $ 37.90First4 9:8:1:4 $ 171.00Quaddie 8/7/3+/9+ $ 861.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 8, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 1500 CHAMPIONSHIP FINALTime: 3:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Jip Jip Rock F: 7X981B(9) W(54)Cruised home to beat a good field last start. Has always promised to deliver and could start doing that now. Goes on top.Main Danger1 Hypnos F: 96X51B(7) W(60)( J- Vinnie Colgan )Improved on some average form to win last start. Hit the line with plenty in hand and only the weight would stop it. Chance.Next Best7 Incantesimo F: 16X72B(6) W(54)( T- Graham Richardson )Going to get every chance with only 54kg on the back. Drawn well and it could improve on a last-start placing.Include in Multis8 Riding The Wave F: 2X723B(15) W(54)( T- Nigel Tiley )Going to need luck from barrier 17 but it has enough ability. Another with 54kg and it shouldn't be too far away.Longer Odds10 Penteverest F: X8330B(2) W(54)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- K & B Kelso )Better than what it showed last start. Stick with it at long odds.
RemarksEach way odds throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 18 $ 49.30Place1 18 $ 12.50Place2 9 $ 4.40Place3 2 $ 4.40Quinella 9:18 $ 342.60Trifecta 18:9:2 $ 13968.20First4 - $ 0.00Double 9+/18 $ 46.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SKYCITY EIGHT CARAT CLASSIC (G2)Time: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jennifer Eccles F: X2432B(4) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.20Deserves a winning turn after going so close in every start. Still being a maiden is a big worry but it's not lacking talent. Just needs to prove that it can win.Main Danger2 Two Illicit F: 311B(5) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $1.80Hasn't done much wrong in winning its last two starts. Drifting in the betting but it should be well-backed come race day. Chance.Next Best8 Aalaalune F: 40414B(6) W(56.5)Had its chance last start but should find the pace of this race to its liking. Tough to follow but is capable at best.Include in Multis9 Tears Of Jupiter F: X4213B(2) W(56.5)Nothing wrong with its form coming into this. Consistent type which won nicely two back. Could show some early speed and win.Longer Odds4 Manchu F: 19322B(9) W(56.5)( T- Lance Noble )Generous odds on offer. Chance.
RemarksGood way to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.90Place1 1 $ 1.20Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 1:2 $ 3.80Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 29.20First4 1:2:3:4 $ 365.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Jennifer Eccles(2) Two IllicitR8 (2) Avantage(5) Marzemino (7) Mr UniverseR9 (2) True Enough(3) The Mitigator (7) BeaudenR10 (2) Acutus(4) River Run (5) Iago (9) IndahQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HALLMARK STUD HANDICAPTime: 4:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Avantage F: 3X287B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Tough from the draw but it has experience in Australia and that's key here. Owns more class than most in this field. Goes on top because of that.Main Danger7 Mr Universe F: 32121B(6) W(54.5)Effortless win last time out. That's a sign of more to come and it's still on the rise. 54.5kg makes it tough to beat.Next Best5 Marzemino F: 11X18B(11) W(55)( J- Andrew Calder )Could pay to overlook that last start. Missed the jump and that put an end to its chances. Form prior was outstanding.Include in Multis6 Speedy Meady F: 36322B(4) W(55)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Stephen Ralph )PlacedDividend : $2.80Lives up to its name. Has speedy but just needs to win more frequently. Has been well backed to score so keep safe.Longer Odds10 Santa Catarina F: 113X9B(7) W(53)Expect better after a poor showing last start.
RemarksQuality sprinting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 18.00Place1 9 $ 4.20Place2 2 $ 1.70Place3 6 $ 2.80Quinella 2:9 $ 30.20Trifecta 9:2:6 $ 710.00First4 9:2:6:12 $ 9382.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CAMBRIDGE STUD ZABEEL CLASSIC (G1)Time: 5:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Beauden F: 32121B(9) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.00Showed its versatility when scoring an effortless win last start. Sign of things to come and it should love this distance.Main Danger2 True Enough F: X1313B(4) W(59)( T- Baker/Forsman )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.70Is more than good enough to win at this level. Has shown that when winning twice this season already. Goes close.Next Best3 The Mitigator F: X3221B(10) W(59)( T- Peter McKay )Owns barrier speed and that can be tough to overcome at Ellerslie. Could pinch a lead around the turn and kick away.Include in Multis9 Vernanme F: X2166B(2) W(58.5)Better than what it has been showing recently. Good enough to beat a field of this quality and punters are getting good odds.Longer Odds6 Tiptronic F: X8135B(11) W(59)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Graham Richardson )Comes into the race with luck. One for odds.
RemarksExpect a close contest in the feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.60Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 3.60Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 2:10 $ 20.00Trifecta 2:10:7 $ 170.80First4 2:10:7:4 $ 1318.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 1600Time: 5:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Indah F: 046X1B(3) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Imported which showed them a thing or two fresh up. Nice odds on offer for a progressive type. Should run well.Main Danger2 Acutus F: 7X532B(12) W(59)( T- J & B Vance )Getting better with every run this campaign. Probably should have won a race this season but gets its chance here.Next Best4 River Run F: 159X4B(15) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.00Hit the line nicely when clear last start. Going to require a good ride but it has been respected in betting. Consider.Include in Multis5 Iago F: X3X04B(11) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Samantha Logan )PlacedDividend : $3.70Returned to good form when fourth last time out. Should be able to go close with a good ride. Chance if that comes.Longer Odds1 Hasabro F: 40X55B(2) W(59.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )Not far off its best now. Chance at long odds.
RemarksGreat punting field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 39.80Place1 6 $ 9.30Place2 5 $ 3.70Place3 4 $ 1.00Quinella 5:6 $ 199.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%