Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS MAIDEN 1400Time: 12:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick15 Two Illicit F: 3B(4) W(55.5)( T- James/Wellwood )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.40Has experience when running third on debut and the form out of that should stack up. Drawn well and there is good betting support.Main Danger3 Quiz Kid F: 340X8B(6) W(57.5)( T- C & S Phelan )Hasn't been all that far away to date and only needs some luck to push them close.Next Best5 Clever Approach F: 5B(3) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Expect a better effort now. Ran well enough on debut and they don't often stay maidens long from this stable.Include in Multis18 Custom Cruiser F: 40XB(5) W(57.5)Hard to line up the form from last season but there is good betting support. Could handle conditions and run well here.Longer Odds16 Seven Seas F: 3X05B(8) W(55.5)Chance based on its debut run for third.
RemarksNice maiden race to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 2.40Place1 15 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 4.80Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 8:15 $ 22.70Trifecta 15:8:5 $ 210.70First4 15:8:5:2 $ 1561.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 15, 16, 18RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - STELLA ARTOIS 880Time: 1:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Bonita Aurelia F:B(8) W(54)Trial form has looked good. Draw probably won't matter over this distance as they'll jump and run. Money coming for it.Main Danger10 Sweet Hunter F:B(1) W(54)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Has the benefit of the inside rail if needed. Trial winner which is bred to show some early pace. Chance.Next Best6 Alice Tinker F:B(2) W(54)( T- Ngaire Fraser )PlacedDividend : $1.50Another confident trial winner whcih has been well backed to win. Thornton will give it every chance in the run.Include in Multis4 Johnny Canuck F:B(5) W(56)( T- Graham Richardson )Trial form has been solid and they usually find form quickly from this stable. Goes into the mix.Longer Odds12 Najah F:B(12) W(54)( T- Chad Ormsby & Kade Ormsby )Chance on debut in what should be an open race.
RemarksThey'll go quickly in this!
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 14.20Place1 5 $ 2.80Place2 11 $ 5.50Place3 6 $ 1.50Quinella 5:11 $ 141.70Trifecta 5:11:6 $ 1158.90First4 5:11:6:4 $ 4982.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - OTAKIRI RESERVE 2400Time: 1:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Lucetta F: 22X09B(2) W(59)Better than what it has been showing this season. Chance to get back into form against this field. Goes on top.Main Danger2 Hunua Hank F: 20134B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.70Gets conditions to suit and it has recent winning form, which is always a positive. Drawn well and it has attracted some big bets.Next Best7 Century Miss F: 04313B(9) W(56.5)( T- Graham Thomas )PlacedDividend : $1.90Likes to get into a fight and this race looks likely of being one. Good win two back and that has been followed by another good run.Include in Multis8 Unacceptable F: 23619B(4) W(56)( T- John Bell )PlacedDividend : $2.30Disappointing last start but much better prior to that. Drawn well in barrier five and it has upside.Longer Odds6 Te Waewae Bay F: 7X03PB(1) W(57)( T- Maxim Van Lierde )Allow another chance over this distance.
RemarksNot much covering this staying field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.80Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 2.30Place3 7 $ 1.90Quinella 2:8 $ 15.40Trifecta 2:8:7 $ 138.70First4 2:8:7:6 $ 1195.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 2100Time: 2:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Double Happy F: 21411B(5) W(60)Last two wins will stack up nicely in this race. In good form and there has been good betting support throughout the week. Top chance.Main Danger8 Yatima F: 29X13B(9) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.80Big win fresh up and it closed off nicely last time out. Every chance to win this with some luck in the run.Next Best2 Rodolfo F: 51411B(8) W(60.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Three wins from its last four starts. Faces a nice field here but it should be able to cope with it. Each-way odds.Include in Multis7 Junior F: 23121B(7) W(58)( T- C & S Phelan )Might be a little outpaced here but it will grind away nicely. Hasn't put in a bad run for some time now, so consider here.Longer Odds4 Dragon Storm F: 115X5B(4) W(60)( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Capable of beating a field of this nature.
RemarksPlenty of winning form throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.40Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 8 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 1.70Quinella 5:8 $ 16.00Trifecta 5:8:9 $ 171.80First4 5:8:9:2 $ 798.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - OMF 1400Time: 2:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Jip Jip Rock F: X327XB(12) W(56.5)( T- P & D Williams )Tough draw but it has more ability than most in this field. Showed that when running two nice races last campaign. Goes close.Main Danger14 Ladylax F: 16X61B(11) W(56)Comes into this off a win and it could kick on with it now. Firming in the betting after opening at value odds.Next Best5 Gino Severini F: 1220XB(7) W(58.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )WonDividends : $11.30 $4.10Too tough for it last start but form prior was good. Could return in fine order and push this field close. Worth including.Include in Multis13 Annie Okay F: 91286B(17) W(56)( T- S & E Clotworthy )Mixing its form lately but the ability is there. Drawing well helps in this race and it should be tough to beat. Another good win hope.Longer Odds10 Badea F: 93212B(4) W(56.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )In form and that shouldn't be overlooked.
RemarksGreat race with a wide-open market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 11.30Place1 5 $ 4.10Place2 2 $ 6.90Place3 9 $ 3.90Quinella 2:5 $ 125.60Trifecta 5:2:9 $ 3137.30First4 5:2:9:4 $ 7817.10Double 5/5 $ 88.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 10, 11, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - STELLA ARTOIS/FASTTRACK $5K 1400Time: 3:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Hanger F: 01223B(10) W(55)( T- James/Wellwood )Deserves a winning turn after three very good performances. Result typically based on tempo, but it should get conditions to suit.Main Danger13 Viktor Vegas F: 6X124B(7) W(54)( T- Peter Lock )Capable of winning a race like this. Has form on this track and a light weight of 54kg. Win wouldn't surprise.Next Best1 Supera F: 1721XB(6) W(60)( T- K & B Kelso )PlacedDividend : $1.60Ended last campaign in fine order. Good win coming into this and although up in weight, it has class on its side.Include in Multis7 All Roads F: 4X50XB(1) W(56)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Tony Cole )Good enough to cross the Tasman. Can fire fresh up so consider here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Battle Time F: 23926B(8) W(54.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- T & M Carter )Always an upset chance at odds.
RemarksLovely way to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 17.00Place1 3 $ 3.20Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 4.00Quinella 1:3 $ 20.10Trifecta 3:1:8 $ 422.70First4 3:1:8:10 $ 7029.10Treble 5/5/3 $ 2151.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Supera(9) Hanger (13) Viktor VegasR7 (6) Vigor Winner(7) Artiste (11) IntrigueR8 (1) Aretha(3) Bavella (7) Travelling LightR9 (7) Pullyoursocksup(10) Masque (14) Ferindi (15) ChoctocQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SOUTH AUCKLAND RACING CLUB CUPTime: 3:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Intrigue F: 710X4B(10) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Nothing wrong with the run for fourth coming into this. Always going to improve with time and it should be tough to hold out.Main Danger6 Vigor Winner F: 10919B(6) W(58.5)( T- Lauren Brennan )Not the most consistent type going around, but it's lethal when right. Good win two back and anything close to that wins this.Next Best7 Artiste F: 543X3B(3) W(58)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Nice effort to run third when fresh up. Always right around the mark and that shouldn't change for this run. Goes close.Include in Multis15 Codecracker F: 43136B(4) W(54)( T- K & B Kelso )Likes this track and although beaten its last two, it hasn't lost any admirers. Drawn well and gets in nicely on the weights.Longer Odds12 Star Karen F: 330X6B(14) W(55.5)( T- P & D Williams )PlacedDividend : $6.80Will get back and try storm home late. Capable on its day.
RemarksBig field with quality form throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 17.10Place1 1 $ 4.40Place2 12 $ 6.80Place3 11 $ 2.30Quinella 1:12 $ 268.50Trifecta 1:12:11 $ 4070.20First4 1:12:11:10 $ 7508.00Double 3/1 $ 269.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 11, 12, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BARNESWOOD FARM SOLILOQUY STAKESTime: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Travelling Light F: 11B(2) W(56.5)( T- Ben Foote )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.70Excting type which has put them away in both starts to date. Nice prospect and it gets an inside draw too boot. Big chance.Main Danger3 Bavella F: 640X2B(6) W(56.5)( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $2.00Big run to just miss last time out. Has been given a let up but should go well here and punters are getting odds.Next Best1 Aretha F: 132X1B(3) W(56.5)Last start winner which has many more to come. Drawn well and it doesn't know how to run a bad race. Right in this.Include in Multis9 Loire F: 71X33B(11) W(56.5)Needs a little bit of luck from deep but it's not lacking in talent. Could run a big race and add some value.Longer Odds11 Jennifer Eccles F: 33X24B(9) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $3.10Has taken on good opposition to date and this is no different.
RemarksFeature race and the form will stack up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.80Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 2.00Place3 11 $ 3.10Quinella 3:7 $ 10.60Trifecta 7:3:11 $ 145.60First4 7:3:11:5 $ 2146.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 1400Time: 5:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Masque F: 348X3B(11) W(58.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Good run for third last time out and it's only going to improve with racing. Value odds on offer here.Main Danger15 Choctoc F: 16X33B(13) W(56.5)( T- Lance Noble )Back-to-back third placings coming into this. Nothing wrong with that form and it could start the loose favourite.Next Best14 Ferindi F: 1B(14) W(56.5)Drawn wide but that was a nice debut win. Could mature into a nice type and we wouldn't be leaving it out.Include in Multis7 Pullyoursocksup F: 390X6B(10) W(58.5)( T- Stephen McKee )WonDividends : $10.60 $3.40Only a small type but it has run some nice races. Working through its gears and it could add some value here.Longer Odds2 Oratia F: 6414XB(4) W(59.5)Could resume in fine order here.
RemarksMany runners will be covered here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 10.60Place1 7 $ 3.40Place2 18 $ 8.40Place3 9 $ 5.70Quinella 7:18 $ 187.10Trifecta 7:18:9 $ 4215.10First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 10, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%