Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 2200Time: 12:51 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Blackmagicwoman F: X9591B(5) W(54)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Shaune Ritchie )Gutsy win last time out and that form should stack up nicely for this. Likes the track and it gets in with only 51kg.Main Danger2 Pacorus F: 76552B(2) W(54)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Chris Wood )WonDividends : $4.00 $2.20Another well-weighted runner at 52kg. Much better run for second last start and it should be running close here.Next Best1 Zacada F: 13X97B(1) W(60)Classy customer but it does have to carry the 60kg on a heavy track. Can't be doubting its ability however. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis6 Mont Ventoux F: 31412B(4) W(54)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Rudy Liefting )PlacedDividend : $2.00Has shown a likely for winter conditions. Drawn well and it was hitting the line nicely last start. Won't be far away.Longer Odds7 Windy Height F: 05206B(7) W(54)( J- Anna Jones )( T- Antony Fuller )Never too far away and it could add some value.
RemarksSome tough stayers lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.00Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 6 $ 2.00Quinella 2:6 $ 8.40Trifecta 2:6:4 $ 39.50First4 2:6:4:7 $ 284.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BILL SATTLER MEMORIAL 1300Time: 1:26 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 London Bound F: 18B(7) W(55.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Looked good winning on debut and although average last start, this looks more suitable. Drawn well and there has been good money put on throughout the week.Main Danger6 Avadane F: 414XB(3) W(55.5)( T- Lance Noble )Took on some good opposition last campaign. Scored a handy win two back and it looks well-placed here. Top chance.Next Best5 She's A Lady F: X12X4B(6) W(55.5)Worked into the race nicely last time out. Gets a chance to win here and the conditions shouldn't be a problem. Nice odds on offer.Include in Multis8 Sorrentina F: 3B(4) W(54)WonDividends : $6.10 $1.80Did enough to run well for third on debut. This stable is starting to heat up and with only 54kg on the back, that brings it into contention.Longer Odds9 Tears Of Jupiter F: 94XB(5) W(54)Has talent and just needs to show it on race day.
RemarksForm out of this race looks good
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.10Place1 8 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 2.40Quinella 3:8 $ 18.50Trifecta 8:3:2 $ 224.70First4 8:3:2:9 $ 1489.70Double 2+/8 $ 12.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 1200Time: 2:01 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Lupelani F: 66113B(5) W(54)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.70Beaten on its merits last start but dropping to 51kg is ideal for this. Looked good winning back-to-back races prior. Goes on top.Main Danger3 Midnight Runner F: 3511XB(4) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Has the most talent in this field and there has been good money placed. Fresh up on heavy conditions is the negative, but it goes close.Next Best2 Ronchi F: 2480XB(2) W(57.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Proven customer which has two wins from five fresh-up starts. 3kg comes off the back and that will be needed. Right in the mix.Include in Multis4 Livin' On A Prayer F: 068X0B(1) W(54)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- Wayne Hillis )Inside draw and a light weight. Needs a confidence boost and that could come here. Has been primed for a run following its fresh up effort.Longer Odds6 Inca Warrior F: 13545B(3) W(54)( T- Steven Cole )Continues to battle away and that could see it run close.
RemarksSmall field but it should be an exciting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.20Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 1.50Quinella 3:5 $ 3.50Trifecta 5:3:6 $ 23.90First4 5:3:6:4 $ 47.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - STELLA ARTOIS MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Amusez Moi F:B(6) W(56)( T- Nigel Tiley )Trial winner which has attracted plenty of attention in the betting. Stable knows how to get them ready on debut. Top chance.Main Danger14 Early Morning Rise F: 37XB(11) W(54)Showed some ability with two runs last time in work. Showing good signs this time in and it should get to the outside and flash home.Next Best6 Pearl Davone F: 237B(7) W(56.5)( T- Cody Cole )Has been backed and beaten in all three starts to date. Hasn't been too far away and that fitness could help here. Nice odds on offer.Include in Multis10 Eagle County F:B(13) W(56.5)( T- Stephen McKee )Looked good at the trials and the Swiss Ace progeny find form quickly. Punters are getting good odds and it's worth including.Longer Odds7 Wondering F: X872XB(3) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Denise Jeffcoat )PlacedDividend : $3.00Handy placing when last in work. Goes into the mix at odds.
RemarksOpen field with good odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 10.30Place1 13 $ 3.10Place2 7 $ 3.00Place3 2 $ 4.90Quinella 7:13 $ 45.80Trifecta 13:7:2 $ 1335.80First4 13:7:2:6 $ 5067.50Double 5/13 $ 24.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 10, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - OTAKIRI RESERVE 1200Time: 3:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Justacanta F: 02223B(6) W(59)( J- Erin Leighton )( T- S & E Clotworthy )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.70Knocking on the door after placing in its last four starts. Gets a valuable 4kg claimer in the saddle and that makes it tough to beat.Main Danger6 One Kotukustreet F: 9X251B(4) W(56.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $2.30Has loads of ability as shown when winning last time out. Goes close in this.Next Best9 Molto Veloce F: 1461XB(9) W(56)Looked better than average last campaign. Scored two wins from its last four starts and anything close to that would be good enough. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis3 Bit Lippy F: 306X5B(5) W(58)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Wayne Hillis )Talented type which just needs a confidence boost. Likely to sit just off the pace and sprint well late. Chance.Longer Odds8 Boundtobehonored F: X1414B(2) W(56)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.10Two wins already this preparation and that bodes well.
RemarksOne of the more open fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.30Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 2.10Place3 6 $ 2.30Quinella 1:8 $ 13.80Trifecta 1:8:6 $ 147.10First4 1:8:6:7 $ 1117.00Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Justacanta(3) Bit Lippy (6) One Kotukustreet (9) Molto VeloceR6 (1) Deejay Mac(4) Maestro Blu (5) LucettaR7 (4) Obsessive(10) Elle Eye Are (11) CodecrackerR8 (10) Dance Card(11) My Superior GirlQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - STELLA ARTOIS 2100Time: 3:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Maestro Blu F: 21153B(4) W(58)( T- Simon Rees )Hasn't won its last couple but form prior was impressive. Scored back-to-back wins and dropping to 55kg here helps. Goes on top.Main Danger5 Lucetta F: 222X0B(3) W(56.5)Needed the fresh up run and it has plenty of improvement to come. Ended its last campaign with three consecutive placings.Next Best1 Deejay Mac F: 83152B(8) W(59)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Stuart Manning )PlacedDividend : $2.00Hasn't been far away this year. Looked the goods when winning three back and put the writing on the wall last time out. Goes close once again.Include in Multis6 Flying Fantasia F: 21185B(6) W(56)( T- Ernie Griffiths )Past winner at Ellerslie and it has more than enough ability to win against this opposition. Chance with a good ride.Longer Odds7 Rodolfo F: 60514B(1) W(55.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )WonDividends : $17.40 $3.80Should get a good run and it could score at nice odds.
RemarksMany runners have attracted attention in the betting
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 17.40Place1 7 $ 3.80Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 2.40Quinella 1:7 $ 48.30Trifecta 7:1:2 $ 752.60First4 7:1:2:6 $ 6122.70Double 1/7 $ 69.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 1600Time: 4:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Obsessive F: 23113B(5) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Hit the line nicely last start and form prior included two quality wins. Looks a nice winter type on the rise and it should be going close.Main Danger11 Codecracker F: 23431B(1) W(54)( T- K & B Kelso )PlacedDividend : $1.60Scored an overdue win last time out and it's likely to kick on with it now. Nicely weighted at 54kg and it pays to stick with it.Next Best10 Elle Eye Are F: 13682B(6) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.10Got back to good form when running second last start. Loomed to win and with more fitness under its belt, it could go one better here.Include in Multis3 No Loitering F: 41132B(7) W(58.5)( J- Erin Leighton )( T- Iain Marks )Hasn't lost any admirers with its recent form. Gets a claimer to help with the weight and it shouldn't be discounted.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Star Karen F: 7330XB(4) W(55.5)Has potential and that could show here.
RemarksLoads of winning form throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.80Place1 6 $ 2.70Place2 10 $ 2.10Place3 11 $ 1.60Quinella 6:10 $ 52.00Trifecta 6:10:11 $ 324.70First4 6:10:11:3 $ 2076.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 1400Time: 4:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 My Superior Girl F: 321B(8) W(57)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $1.80Was superior when scoring last time out. Looks a nice type in the making and this stable is going well at present. On top.Main Danger10 Dance Card F: 6321XB(1) W(57)( T- Lance Noble )Better than average and it looks a nice spring type. Scored at its most recent start and it could make a winning resumption here.Next Best7 Red Sky At Night F: 7306XB(7) W(58)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Margaret Falconer )Didn't show its best last time in work but the ability is there. Could show improvement here at nice odds.Include in Multis13 Quizzy Lizzy F: 1304B(13) W(56.5)WonDividends : $5.70 $1.90Stays in work after some solid efforts. Goes close at its best and punters are getting generous odds.Longer Odds4 Just Raj F: 1792B(4) W(58.5)( T- Graham Thomas )Went well last start and a repeat takes it close.
RemarksWide-open field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 5.70Place1 13 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 1.80Place3 18 $ 5.10Quinella 11:13 $ 7.40Trifecta 13:11:18 $ 424.60First4 13:11:18:8 $ 5271.20Double 6/13 $ 53.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 7, 10, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%