Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CURRAGHMORE 1600Time: 12:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Star Tsar F: 13B(4) W(59)WonDividends : $1.70 $1.00Looks the one to beat after scoring a good win on debut. Ran third last start but had no luck throughout and it could have the class edge.Main Danger1 Thomas Aquinas F: X5824B(6) W(60)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Gets 3kg off its back, which helps its cause. Recent placing was good and it could add some value at each-way odds.Next Best3 The Buzz F: 57044B(5) W(59)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )PlacedDividend : $1.80Finding it hard to win a race but it has good experience to call upon. Gets some help with the 1kg off its back, so consider.Include in Multis4 Playsameanpinball F: 52431B(7) W(58.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Steven Cole )Comes into this race having broken maiden status last start. It could kick on with it and it has placed at Ellerslie.Longer Odds6 My Zulu Warrior F: 7X752B(1) W(58.5)Handy run last start so consider at the odds.
RemarksPlenty of betting moves in the opening race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.70Place1 2 $ 1.00Place2 3 $ 1.80Place3 5 $ 2.90Quinella 2:3 $ 5.30Trifecta 2:3:5 $ 38.70First4 2:3:5:4 $ 140.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - HEADQUARTERS VIADUCT NATHANS MEMORIALTime: 1:00 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Dance Card F: 64141B(1) W(55.5)Gutsy winner last start and it looks like a nice stayer on the rise. Draws the rail and it hasn't been punished in the weights.Main Danger5 Voler Pour Moi F: 04531B(6) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.70 $1.80Capable of going back-to-back after winning impressively last start. Gets in with 54.5kg after the claim and that could count late.Next Best3 Starrybeel F: 97310B(7) W(58)Enigmatic type that looked good winning earlier this campaign but didn't show much last start. Talented at best, so include.Include in Multis2 All In Vogue F: 95043B(4) W(58.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )Better effort for third coming into this race and it's steadily working towards a nice run. Chance at odds.Longer Odds4 Final Suggestion F: 60230B(8) W(57)( T- Gibbs/Bradley )PlacedDividend : $2.40Capable of causing an upset.
RemarksOpen staying race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.70Place1 5 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 2.40Place3 7 $ 2.60Quinella 4:5 $ 24.10Trifecta 5:4:7 $ 286.10First4 5:4:7:1 $ 2037.80Double 2+/5 $ 6.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VERTICAL LOGISTICS 1400Time: 1:35 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Shoshone F: 1X6B(11) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- K & B Kelso )Not much went right for it last start. It was a fair effort and it looked good on debut. Just needs luck from the draw.Main Danger2 Packing Rockstar F: 5X16B(1) W(59)( T- Lauren Brennan )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Conditions didn't suit entirely last time out. Looked good prior to that and drawing the inside could help switch it on. Solid chance.Next Best6 Baby Face F: X351XB(9) W(57)Ended its last campaign with a win and it's talented at best. Punters are getting good value fresh up and it shouldn't be overlooked.Include in Multis1 Victory Glory F: 331B(8) W(59)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Chris Wood )Ended two solid placings with a tough win. A touch harder here but it's being specked in the betting and it could run a solid race.Longer Odds4 Willy Away F: 4190XB(2) W(58.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Jon Miller )Capable of striking in a fresh state. Chance.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.00Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 4.20Place3 8 $ 4.40Quinella 2:5 $ 27.40Trifecta 2:5:8 $ 394.50First4 2:5:8:1 $ 3367.00Treble 2+/5/2+ $ 26.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GO RACING SYNDICATIONS 1200Time: 2:10 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Acutus F: 25411B(4) W(61)( J- Darren Danis )( T- J & B Vance )Impressive in winning its last two starts. Goes up in weight but it does get 2kg coming off the back. Not the best form at this track but it goes on top.Main Danger3 Riding The Wave F: 72301B(8) W(60)( T- Nigel Tiley )PlacedDividend : $1.70The penny might have dropped last time out. That was a nice win and despite the weight, it could be right in the action. Chance.Next Best9 Manchu F: 93224B(10) W(56.5)Capable on its day and it showed that when running consecutive second placings this season. Chance if it brings its best form.Include in Multis12 Threadtheneedle F: 54131B(5) W(55.5)Two wins from its last three starts, and it's hard to overlook that form. Capable of beating a field of this nature.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'11 Shipshape F: 55151B(9) W(55.5)( T- Stephen McKee )Impressive win last start and it can handle the rise in class. Nice odds.
RemarksAnother competitive race, this time over the sprint journey
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 18.30Place1 8 $ 4.70Place2 3 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 3.00Quinella 3:8 $ 36.90Trifecta 8:3:5 $ 731.30First4 8:3:5:1 $ 4150.40Double 2+/8 $ 44.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GRAEME THOMSON ANTIQUE & ESTATE JEWELLERY 1500Time: 2:45 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Swords Drawn F: 12139B(2) W(54)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.50Perplexing run last start but we're prepared to give it another chance. Drawn well and it should prove tough to beat with 54kg on the back.Main Danger9 Jip Jip Rock F: 17332B(6) W(54)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- P & D Williams )Drops down to 52kg after the claim. Good enough to beat a field of this quality and punters are getting good odds.Next Best5 Crafty Jess F: 17623B(8) W(57.5)Hit the line with real power last time out. That could be a sign of things to come and we're expecting a tidy effort.Include in Multis2 Tweedledee F: 25521B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.90Going well and comes into this having won nicely last start. Gets relief with the weight and it could add some double-figure value.Longer Odds10 Iron Eagle F: 61437B(11) W(54)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )WonDividends : $11.10 $3.30Just needs luck to figure in the finish.
RemarksBookies are offering good value throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 11.10Place1 10 $ 3.30Place2 11 $ 1.50Place3 2 $ 3.90Quinella 10:11 $ 14.80Trifecta 10:11:2 $ 369.20First4 10:11:2:6 $ 4891.50Quaddie 5/2+/8/10 $ 8105.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MCKEE FAMILY SUNLINE VASE (G3)Time: 3:20 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Bergamot F: 31527B(4) W(56.5)Got too far back last start and subsequently never had a winning chance. Needs to settle closer, where it should be tough to beat.Main Danger2 Seven Seas F: 65211B(6) W(56.5)( J- Rosie Myers )Looked the goods its last couple of starts. That form has been franked and it's a genuine stakes type. Watch late betting moves.Next Best3 Karalino F: 27255B(3) W(56.5)( J- Craig Grylls )PlacedDividend : $2.30Not winning races but it has been competing against some good fields. Likely to add value to the market.Include in Multis6 Meghan F: 36211B(7) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Shooting for its third consecutive win. Has every chance of doing so and the confidence is high. Each-way odds available.Longer Odds9 Communique F: 33148B(8) W(56.5)( J- Michael Walker )WonDividends : $9.30 $2.80Mixing form but its best could take it close.
RemarksPlenty of action at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 9.30Place1 9 $ 2.80Place2 3 $ 2.30Place3 6 $ 2.00Quinella 3:9 $ 25.50Trifecta 9:3:6 $ 315.00First4 9:3:6:1 $ 1037.00Double 10/9 $ 90.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MUFHASA FASTTRACK STAKESTime: 3:55 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Run To Perfection F: 12412B(9) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.40Form is coming around some very slick types. Drawn a touch awkwardly but there is no Catalyst in this field. Top chance.Main Danger6 Star Of Bombay F: 2113B(4) W(54)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $6.50 $1.90In good form and it should hold up nicely. Good enough to score back-to-back wins and another here wouldn't be a surprise.Next Best3 Hasstobegood F: 14323B(6) W(54)( J- Vinnie Colgan () )It is good and it just needs to turn the consistent form into winning form. 54kg helps and it must be included on talent alone.Include in Multis8 Avadane F: 10731B(1) W(54)Returned to form last start and it has upset claims off the inside draw with the light weight. Generous odds.Longer Odds9 Madam Hass F: 11243B(2) W(54)( J- Michael Coleman )Talented but a change in tactics could be applied here. Don't leave out.
RemarksGood race to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 6.50Place1 6 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 3.60Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 5:6 $ 58.80Trifecta 6:5:2 $ 393.10First4 6:5:2:7 $ 5237.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Run To Perfection(3) Hasstobegood (6) Star Of BombayR8 (3) Its Destinys Child(4) Sheezallmine (7) Spring Heat (12) Red ChoisR9 (1) Dragon Leap(16) Two IllicitR10 (6) Rip Em Up(8) Hasabro (11) GravitelleQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HAUNUI FARM KING'S PLATE (G3)Time: 4:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Its Destinys Child F: X1191B(5) W(54)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- J & B Vance )PlacedDividend : $2.40Tough to look past its form of three wins from the last four starts. Every chance of winning again given the weight.Main Danger4 Sheezallmine F: 02103B(2) W(54)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Daniel Miller )Didn't get much luck in the run last start when getting caught behind runners. Hit the line well and that bodes well for a good run.Next Best7 Spring Heat F: 77X13B(7) W(53)WonDividends : $3.60 $1.80Big run for third in the Telegraph last start. Helped by the 53kg on its back and we could see another big effort. Right in the mix.Include in Multis12 Red Chois F: 51391B(6) W(53)( J- Craig Grylls )Continues to defy them and usually pays generous odds. Four-time winner over this distance and it has strong each-way hopes.Longer Odds5 Evalina F: X7137B(13) W(53.5)( J- Michael Coleman )Has upside and scored a recent win.
RemarksLoose favourite and good value throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.60Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 2.40Place3 6 $ 2.60Quinella 3:7 $ 11.90Trifecta 7:3:6 $ 130.80First4 7:3:6:4 $ 485.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - VODAFONE NZ DERBY (G1)Time: 5:05 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top Pick16 Two Illicit F: 11211B(5) W(54.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $1.20Couldn't have been any more impressive when winning last time out. Makes its own luck and it should be going close.Main Danger1 Dragon Leap F: 1211B(12) W(56.5)The obvious next best. Brings in stellar Derby form and it could easily towel this field by lengths. Likely a match race between the first two.Next Best2 Sherwood Forest F: 13413B(11) W(56.5)( J- Michael Walker )WonDividends : $13.50 $2.70Quality stayer that lacks a turn-of-foot, but it will be there throughout, grinding away. Could add some value to this race.Include in Multis3 Scorpz F: 11132B(2) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Nothing wrong with its form and punters are getting odds worth taking. Consistency is key in the Derby.Longer Odds15 Platinum Spirit F: 34033B(10) W(56.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Lisa Latta )It happened last year, so a big upset could happen again.
RemarksTop-end ability is very good this year
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 13.50Place1 2 $ 2.70Place2 16 $ 1.20Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 2:16 $ 11.40Trifecta 2:16:3 $ 199.70First4 2:16:3:1 $ 357.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 15, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 2100Time: 5:40 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Gravitelle F: 40114B(3) W(55.5)Nice type in the making despite running fourth last start. Two wins prior were top efforts and it could return to winning form.Main Danger6 Rip Em Up F: 38113B(10) W(57.5)Owns a good turn-of-foot so pace up front will be important. Just needs some luck from the draw, but it shouldn't matter over this distance.Next Best8 Hasabro F: 55016B(1) W(57.5)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $3.40Makes its own luck and it's way over the odds. Good enough to have gone to Australia and the confidence is up.Include in Multis7 Special Light F: 50283B(9) W(57.5)Finding it hard to win races, but it's rarely too far away. Consider on an each-way basis.Longer Odds1 Roc Wheeler F: 19514B(4) W(59.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Never too far away from it.
RemarksGood field to close the Derby card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 10.40Place1 9 $ 2.70Place2 8 $ 3.40Place3 13 $ 5.00Quinella 8:9 $ 55.00Trifecta 9:8:13 $ 1449.50First4 9:8:13:4 $ 12337.50Double 2/9 $ 56.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%