Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DUNSTAN FEEDS STAYERS CHAMPS QUALIFIER 2100Time: 2:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Kya Khoob Lagti Ho F: 19X61B(7) W(55.5)( T- Frank Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.70Hard to pronounce but was very impressive at Te Rapa. Extra distance will only help and should be hard to beat.Main Danger4 Spring Delight F: 29X72B(2) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Chased hard when second last time At Te Aroha. Talented mare who will be ready for a big raceNext Best3 Joe's Legacy F: 4X710B(1) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Jason Price )Easy winner two back. Still looking for racing room when held up last start and you will see a form reversal hereInclude in Multis2 Mazzuro F: X8915B(3) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.90Good winning two back. Nice run last time and capable of a bold run.Longer Odds8 Iskander F: 04012B(6) W(55.5)( T- John Ruddell )Racing well could surprise at odds
RemarksSmall but full of talent
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.00Place1 5 $ 2.30Place2 7 $ 1.70Place3 2 $ 1.90Quinella 5:7 $ 20.40Trifecta 5:7:2 $ 176.70First4 5:7:2:3 $ 765.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EXECUTIVE TRAVEL 1100Time: 3:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Bordeaux Le Rouge F: 2B(5) W(57.5)( J- Troy Harris )WonDividends : $1.30 $1.10Very good run on debut. Plenty of stable confidence and looks hard to beatMain Danger8 Taroni F:B(4) W(55.5)( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $2.30Made good ground at the trials and can go close hereNext Best5 Targhee F: 4B(6) W(55.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Did things wrong on debut and looks to have potentialLonger Odds3 Lionize F:B(1) W(57.5)Even though he was 4 of 4 at the last trials never got racing room could of near won.
RemarksSmall field in the 2 year old race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.30Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 8 $ 2.30Quinella 1:8 $ 3.20Trifecta 1:8:6 $ 15.70First4 1:8:6:5 $ 39.60Double 5/1+ $ 12.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WITHERS & CO CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS 1100Time: 3:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Born Dragon F: 341X2B(1) W(58.5)( T- J & B Vance )WonDividends : $3.30 $2.10Hong Kong import who was good last prep. Come back in good fashion with a strong second in a similar quality race. Looks the one to beat.Main Danger5 Mr Universe F: 8X321B(2) W(57.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.70Improving off every run this prep. Very good last start and looks a good chance hereNext Best11 Equinox F: 7X217B(5) W(54)Good winner two back. Disappointing in Sarten and could be suited by the sprint trip.Include in Multis9 Sai Fah F: 23112B(6) W(54.5)Has a good wet track record winning Ryder. Trialed well and could handle the firmer trackLonger Odds6 Bevan Street F: 081X7B(7) W(57)( J- Jason Waddell )Decent fresh up and will be fitter for that.
RemarksPlenty of good chances in this sprint race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.30Place1 3 $ 2.10Place2 5 $ 2.70Quinella 3:5 $ 8.10Trifecta 3:5:9 $ 39.40First4 3:5:9:11 $ 99.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 1500 CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER 1200Time: 4:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Destination F: 56X12B(9) W(58)( T- P & D Williams )Good winner fresh. Lead last start and was run down late in a tough race. Will go forward and looks a good winning hope.Main Danger5 Mussolini F: X10X4B(7) W(58.5)( T- Joanne Surgenor )Very good fresh up this campaign and if he holds his form he should be in the moneyNext Best10 Super Strike F: 1B(8) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )PlacedDividend : $1.60Impressive debut winner who looks capable of handling the rise in gradeInclude in Multis1 Bit Lippy F: X5803B(5) W(60)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Wayne Hillis )Talented galloper who was much better last time without much luck. Won't be far awayLonger Odds13 Lowprofile F: X280XB(1) W(56)( T- Ross McCarroll )Best runs come fresh like today. Ace draw and could run a race
RemarksVery competitive sprint race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 18 $ 4.10Place1 18 $ 1.80Place2 14 $ 2.60Place3 10 $ 1.60Quinella 14:18 $ 26.60Trifecta 18:14:10 $ 166.10First4 18:14:10:6 $ 638.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - TREVOR EAGLE MEMORIAL 3YO (LISTED)Time: 4:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick14 Two Illicit F: 31B(1) W(55.5)( T- James/Wellwood )WonDividends : $8.10 $2.10Really good home strong late here last time out. Looks to be a talented filly and capable of taking this outMain Danger1 Dragon Leap F: 1B(4) W(57.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )PlacedDividend : $1.60Million dollar yearling purchase who very good winning on debut. Improved since and could prove himself as a good horse after todayNext Best13 Tears Of Jupiter F: 4X421B(9) W(55.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- P & D Williams )Good winner in a strong maiden. Prior form was good in decent company and can figure in the finish.Include in Multis2 Green Bravo F: 15B(6) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )Smart on debut. Got home very well late and the step up in distance helpsLonger Odds7 Ranger F: X3323B(2) W(56)( T- Debbie Sweeney )PlacedDividend : $1.70Likely to go forward and has been going close without winning. Should run well at odds.
RemarksListed event with many winning chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 8.10Place1 14 $ 2.10Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 7 $ 1.70Quinella 1:14 $ 10.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Dragon Leap(2) Green Bravo (13) Tears Of Jupiter (14) Two IllicitR6 (2) Go Nicholas(8) Pinmedown (9) IntrigueR7 (4) Riding The Wave(7) Pullyoursocksup (10) Aileen Grace (13) PierinaR8 (3) Ata Rangi(9) Deels DoneQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - EAGLE TECHNOLOGY STAKES (GROUP 3)Time: 5:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Pinmedown F: 09X65B(3) W(54)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Moroney/Gerard )No luck last time but was very good for 5th. Talented mare who is ready for a big race now third up.Main Danger9 Intrigue F: 10X43B(9) W(53)( T- Tony Pike )Got home very strongly last start. Good run fresh up and will run well hereNext Best2 Go Nicholas F: 44111B(7) W(55)( T- Shelley Hale )In career best form now racing forward winning last three. Can make it four.Include in Multis1 The Mitigator F: 7X322B(4) W(55)( T- Peter McKay )WonDividends : $5.60 $2.00Likely leader who has been very consistent this prep. Last run came behind the smart Supera. Will go another honest raceLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Cutting Up Rough F: 61122B(2) W(55)( T- Ralph Manning )In great form winning 2 out of last 4. Good in a front runners race last time and looks value.
RemarksWide open feature with all capable of winning
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.60Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 6 $ 2.30Quinella 1:3 $ 17.40Trifecta 1:3:6 $ 247.20First4 1:3:6:8 $ 1098.50Double 14/1 $ 36.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 1500 CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER 1400Time: 6:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Pierina F: 0X338B(4) W(56)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.50Ultra unlucky in Auckland Breeders last time when missing the kick and got no room. Usually jumps well and should go close here.Main Danger10 Aileen Grace F: X4814B(13) W(56)( T- Ross McCarroll )Dominant winner two runs back. Lacked luck last time and looks a good winning show hereNext Best7 Pullyoursocksup F: 0X614B(5) W(57)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good winning two back. Got home well at Te Rapa last start and should run a good race todayInclude in Multis4 Riding The Wave F: 112X7B(9) W(58)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Nigel Tiley )PlacedDividend : $2.40Good galloper who will be better for the fresh up runLonger Odds2 Cha Siu Bao F: 5363XB(7) W(60)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Stayer resuming who could run well off a good trial.
RemarksAnother tough race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 3.20Place1 13 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 2.40Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 4:13 $ 13.60Trifecta 13:4:7 $ 126.30First4 13:4:7:2 $ 904.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BENTLEYS CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS 1600Time: 6:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Ata Rangi F: 21X4B(10) W(59)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- John Bell )Looked good last prep. Good run fresh when getting hampered late. Will be fitter and can win the last.Main Danger9 Deels Done F: 0X734B(8) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )Talented galloper who has been very good without luck his last two. Close to winning and today could be the day.Next Best5 London Banker F: 59X51B(11) W(59)( T- James/Wellwood )Roger holds this horse high regard and repaid the faith winning maiden nicely. A Horse who can go through the grades now had confidence boosting win.Include in Multis8 Triomphe F: 0X321B(3) W(58.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )Good winning from a long way back. Capable of going another good race.Longer Odds7 Secret Ambition F: 4X742B(12) W(58.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Improving off every run this prep. Solid second last start and looks the odds runner in the last
RemarksTough race to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 6.00Place1 12 $ 2.40Place2 1 $ 16.70Place3 6 $ 2.70Quinella 1:12 $ 376.20Trifecta 12:1:6 $ 4503.10First4 12:1:6:5 $ 7976.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%