Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ROYAL DESCENT STAKESTime: 12:45 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Media Sensation F: 12054B(4) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.60A past winner at Ellerslie and it could have things go its way. Should enjoy running against a small field and it looks tough to beat.Main Danger4 Savy Yong Blonk F: 32412B(2) W(57)WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Tough effort for second last start, which followed a good win prior. It has been the best-backed runner and that's telling.Next Best2 Livin' On A Prayer F: 77005B(7) W(58)( T- Wayne Hillis )Quality on its day, but that day doesn't come often. Needs to start showing something now and this looks the right race for it.Include in Multis5 Yatima F: 21477B(1) W(57)( T- Stephen Marsh )Could settle handy from the inside draw. Chance based on its form earlier this season.Longer Odds7 Annie's Song F: 71028B(5) W(55.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Owns a good turn-of-foot when right.
RemarksA compact field to kick things off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.70Place1 4 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 1.60Quinella 1:4 $ 2.50Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 14.40First4 4:1:5:7 $ 58.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - ELLERSLIE JEWELLERS & ENGRAVERS 2100Time: 1:20 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Petrabella F: 20632B(9) W(56.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )Knocking on the door after back-to-back placings. Looks set to win a race shortly and this could be its time to shine.Main Danger9 Lady Azamour F: X8623B(10) W(55.5)Another runner that has placed at its last two. Needs some luck from the draw but it only needs cover to go close.Next Best1 The Buzz F: 70442B(3) W(60)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- M & K Murdoch )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.60Much better when running second last time out. That was a nice form guide for this and the small claim helps.Include in Multis5 Mighty Aslan F: X3335B(8) W(58)( J- Sam Spratt )Doesn't usually run a bad race and it could produce another solid effort. Worth including.Longer Odds6 Vedo Rosso F: X0175B(6) W(58)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Shelley Hale )PlacedDividend : $3.30Good enough to cause an upset. Has won this campaign.
RemarksAn even contest here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 6 $ 3.30Place3 2 $ 2.70Quinella 1:6 $ 21.30Trifecta 1:6:2 $ 197.70First4 1:6:2:4 $ 2049.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PGG WRIGHTSON/VETMED 1400Time: 1:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Packing Rockstar F: 5X161B(2) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Lauren Brennan )WonDividends : $1.80 $1.30Backing up for the third consecutive week. That's not easy to do but it won effortlessly last start. Goes well here.Main Danger6 Pinched F: 11X13B(9) W(57.5)( T- Ross McCarroll )Entitled to drop off a touch last start after a gusty win fresh. Could get back to its winning form here. Each-way odds.Next Best8 Manchu F: 93224B(3) W(56.5)( T- Lance Noble )Talented at best and it's suited by the barrier and the weights. Punters have been backing it early, so consider.Include in Multis5 Show Down F: 21943B(1) W(58)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- T & M Carter )Gets the inside draw and weight coming off its back. Could finally live up to expectations and score at odds.Longer Odds2 Breezon F: X6815B(10) W(59.5)Chance with its best form on show.
RemarksNot much between this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.80Place1 4 $ 1.30Place2 7 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 4.10Quinella 4:7 $ 11.80Trifecta 4:7:1 $ 163.40First4 4:7:1:9 $ 1630.30Treble 4/1+/4+ $ 34.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE 1600Time: 2:30 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Le Sablier F: 5X522B(6) W(57.5)( T- Karen Fursdon )PlacedDividend : $1.60Getting close to a win after consecutive second placings. Should get every chance to win this and the money is coming thick anf fast.Main Danger5 Civilised F: 81053B(3) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Trevor Da Cruz )Always worth backing runners from this stable. Impressive winner two back and it wasn't far behind last time out. Right in this.Next Best8 Quick Preview F: 14541B(7) W(57.5)Good win last start and the confidence will do it a world of good. Specked at odds and it shouldn't be far off them.Include in Multis1 Ohceedee F: 18255B(5) W(60)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Steven Cole )PlacedDividend : $3.30Has to carry the big weight of 60kg. However, it brings in solid form around some nice types. Chance.Longer Odds12 Sunburst F: 02436B(10) W(55.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Danica Guy )Should win a race soon, and it could be this one.
RemarksTalented field with many different form lines
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 12.50Place1 2 $ 3.80Place2 6 $ 1.60Place3 1 $ 3.30Quinella 2:6 $ 19.80Trifecta 2:6:1 $ 383.70First4 2:6:1:5 $ 1629.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WHITE CLIFFS TIMBER 1200Time: 3:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Sword Of Fire F: 19X22B(8) W(60)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Lauren Brennan )It could be a big day for the trainer and this runner is a top chance. Getting close after two nice runs for second. Goes on top now.Main Danger5 Destination F: X124XB(6) W(59)WonDividends : $7.00 $2.20Looked good last preparation, especially when winning fresh up. A similar run could be on the cards, which bodes well.Next Best2 Master Park F: 52232B(2) W(60)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.70Consistent type with four consecutive placings. Only a one-race winner but another win won't be far off.Include in Multis8 Three Sixty F: X1823B(7) W(57.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )PlacedDividend : $2.30Already a winner this campaign and it could get back to that form. Drawn ideally in barrier seven, so watch for it late.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Lookseasy F: 54258B(1) W(57)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Louise Saunders )Helped out by the claim and the draw.
RemarksNot much between many of these runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.00Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 8 $ 2.30Place3 2 $ 1.70Quinella 5:8 $ 24.90Trifecta 5:8:2 $ 198.30First4 5:8:2:10 $ 2126.70Quaddie 1+/4+/2/5 $ 1289.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SISTEMA STAKES (G1)Time: 3:40 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Play That Song F: 1112B(4) W(54.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Nigel Tiley )Lost no admirers when running second last start. Better suited here and it shouldn't be slept on. It could play the right tune.Main Danger1 Cool Aza Beel F: 14112B(1) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.70 $1.10Beaten by its stablemate last start. It was a good effort in defeat and it could rebound nicely. The best-backed runner in the race.Next Best4 Vernazza F: 311B(2) W(54.5)( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $1.30Nothing wrong with its win last start. It hit the line with good authority and it has plenty of upside.Include in Multis5 Kelly Renee F: 5232B(3) W(54.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $3.10Yet to win but it's knocking on the door. Might need to lift a touch to beat them here, but it could add value.Longer Odds6 Tivaan Warrior F: 54301B(8) W(54.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Dean Wiles )Scored an overdue win last start, so don't rule it out.
RemarksThe juveniles do battle
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.70Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 5 $ 3.10Quinella 1:4 $ 3.10Trifecta 1:4:5 $ 34.00First4 1:4:5:3 $ 63.70Double 5/1+ $ 10.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LASER PLUMBING TE PUKE 1200Time: 4:15 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Riding The Wave F: 23012B(3) W(55)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60It should have won last start when rocketing home. Gets its chance to atone here and we're confident of its chances.Main Danger9 Showoroses F: 12355B(5) W(54.5)( T- Joanne Surgenor )PlacedDividend : $1.70Good win five back and it hasn't been far away since. Gets every chance here and it could settle close and kick hard.Next Best2 Born Dragon F: 1X214B(2) W(60.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- J & B Vance )The stable loves Ellerslie and it has yet to finish worse than fourth here. Draws well, with a claim, and it should go well.Include in Multis5 She's Not Bad F: X6518B(11) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60She's not bad at all. Handy win two back and if it gets luck from the draw, it will prove tough to beat.Longer Odds3 Speedy Meady F: 23697B(6) W(60)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Stephen Ralph )Speedy on its day. Chance with improvement.
RemarksPunters are getting value odds throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.50Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 8:9 $ 6.90Trifecta 8:9:5 $ 82.20First4 8:9:5:6 $ 1307.70Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Born Dragon(8) Riding The Wave (9) ShoworosesR8 (8) Avantage(9) SuperaR9 (1) Azuro(3) Platinum Invador (11) Joe's LegacyR10 (3) James Barrie(4) Aqueduct (14) RenditionQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BONECRUSHER NEW ZEALAND STAKES (G1)Time: 4:55 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Avantage F: 72141B(1) W(57)WonDividends : $2.40 $1.40It's the class runner in this race, as shown when scoring a big win last start. Gets an inside draw and it should be very tough to beat.Main Danger9 Supera F: X2141B(10) W(57)( T- K & B Kelso )PlacedDividend : $2.50Gets a great chance to score the elusive Group 1. Going well and that was a gritty performance last start. Every chance to win.Next Best5 Rock On Wood F: X1243B(6) W(59)( T- Leanne Elliot )Doesn't have the turn-of-foot the top two possess, but it battles nicely. Chance if it becomes a truly-run race.Include in Multis4 Prise De Fer F: 11112B(8) W(59)( J- Johnathan Parkes )Lost no admirers when running second to Advantage last start. Form prior was excellent and punters are getting odds.Longer Odds1 Tiptronic F: 35711B(4) W(59)( T- Graham Richardson )It's far too good to leave out.
RemarksOne of the races to watch with great interest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 2.40Place1 8 $ 1.40Place2 2 $ 2.20Place3 9 $ 2.50Quinella 2:8 $ 9.30Trifecta 8:2:9 $ 83.40First4 8:2:9:1 $ 378.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON AUCKLAND CUP (G1)Time: 5:35 | Distance: 3200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Platinum Invador F: 32102B(6) W(56)( T- Lisa Latta )PlacedDividend : $2.10Huge run in defeat last start and we could see it contest bigger cups in Australia soon enough. Could show the Aussies a sign of things to come here.Main Danger1 Azuro F: 53137B(16) W(56)( T- Ciaron Maher & David Eustace )Tough customer that brings in good Australian form. That always has to be respected and punters are getting each-way odds.Next Best11 Joe's Legacy F: 42221B(15) W(55)( T- Jason Price )Built nicely towards the win last time out and it could go on with it. Doesn't do much wrong in the run and it's a value runner.Include in Multis17 Etah James F: 64163B(3) W(53.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Mark Lupton )Good win three back and it hasn't been far away since. Handy stayer and punters are getting value odds.Longer Odds4 Big Mike F: X0811B(1) W(55.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- C & S Phelan )It will head forward and give them all something to catch.
RemarksThe Cup has attracted a quality field this year
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 40.40Place1 7 $ 9.00Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 3 $ 2.10Quinella 6:7 $ 134.10Trifecta 7:6:3 $ 1888.70First4 7:6:3:17 $ 16793.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 11, 17RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - GRAVITY 1600Time: 6:14 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 James Barrie F: 2126B(1) W(57.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.50Nice type in the making and it gets the inside draw to work with. Every chance of taking this field down, so it goes on top.Main Danger14 Rendition F: X5330B(12) W(54.5)Didn't fire last start but it gets in well on the weights and it could bounce back. Chance at each-way odds.Next Best4 Aqueduct F: 40513B(3) W(57.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )PlacedDividend : $2.20Likes to grind away and that could be the winning of this race. Should settle handy and be right in the mix.Include in Multis1 Drake Bay F: 52241B(9) W(58)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Margaret Falconer )Last-start winner that shouldn't be too far away from them. Can handle the rise in class.Longer Odds6 Candid Camera F: 2339B(7) W(57)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Glenn Old )Owns upset claims.
RemarksQuality field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.80Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 7.40Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 3:7 $ 45.80Trifecta 3:7:4 $ 417.30First4 3:7:4:11 $ 5376.20Double 7/3+ $ 123.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%