Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COLLINSONFOREX KARAKA CUPTime: 4:41 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Gundown F: 21882B(4) W(53)( J- Matthew Cameron )Baker rates highly. One of the last High Chaparrals won't be firing blanks next summer.Main Danger2 Mongolian Marshal F: 21213B(1) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.20Baker pulled rom Wellington Cups. Didn't want to over-tax him early in staying career. He'll keepNext Best1 Five To Midnight F: 81835B(3) W(60)( T- Lisa Latta )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.102nd in Auckland Cup last year. Skipped Wellington Cup to be hereInclude in Multis7 The Good Fight F: 19212B(6) W(53)( T- Shaune Ritchie )2nd in Dunstan final. Can't afford a step back in this weight divisionLonger Odds9 Sacred Day F: X2184B(9) W(53)( J- Michael McNab )PlacedDividend : $2.30Couldn't be ridden out two back, started poorly and continued to lose ground last start
RemarksGear changes: August Edition: Nasal Strip on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.60Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 2 $ 1.20Place3 9 $ 2.30Quinella 1:2 $ 5.80Trifecta 1:2:9 $ 83.10First4 1:2:9:7 $ 237.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MONGOLIAN KHAN TROPHYTime: 5:16 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sword Of Osman F: 65171B(4) W(60.5)( J- Opie Bosson )PlacedDividend : $1.30Never got out of first gear winning Ellerslie Jan 13. Lost a shoe as well.Main Danger8 Burgundy Belle F: 11B(2) W(56.5)( J- Shafiq Rusof )Emphatic winner of two races so far. The race was won last year by stable-mate Melody BelleNext Best2 Cyber Attack F: 1310XB(3) W(59.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $2.70Sent to the paddock after beating couple home in HB Guineas. Trialled fortnight back in company with Pop Star Princess and Hiflyer.Include in Multis5 Princess Amelie F: X1013B(9) W(57.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Give her some decent cut in the ground and she's in business. All 3 wins in dead ground.Longer Odds9 Maison Roxanne F: 2X1B(5) W(55.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Smart maiden winner with McDonald up. Must have been impressed - he's back for more
RemarksGear changes: Maison Roxanne: Nasal Strip on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 13.50Place1 4 $ 3.50Place2 1 $ 1.30Place3 2 $ 2.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PREFERMENT @ BRIGHTHILL FARM CONCORDE HANDICAPTime: 5:56 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Princess Kereru F: 12512B(9) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Kelso/Donoghue )Nothing between her and Santa Monica, except the odds of course. Like Santa Monica, she bypassed the Telegraph and the Kelso stable focused on this raceMain Danger14 Ardrossan F: X70X1B(12) W(53)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $4.10 $2.10So classy - (3 wins from 6) i don't think she's out of her depth. Scr from very winnable race yesterday.Next Best9 Spring Heat F: 145X1B(13) W(53)( J- Tommy Berry )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )$78,000 in the bank. What would it have been if she hadn't spent so much time out. Softly softly approach to comebackInclude in Multis1 Santa Monica F: 42321B(8) W(60)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )Railway winner. A 100-1 fluke? We shall seeLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Amastar F: 03141B(14) W(53)( T- Stephen Marsh )Kept fresh. That's the way she rolls. Work was exceptional this week
RemarksGear changes: Ever Loyal (AUS): Norton Bit off, Side Winkers off, Lugging Bit on Ja Ja Binks: Concussion Plates (Front) off, Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 4.10Place1 14 $ 2.10Place2 5 $ 3.00Place3 3 $ 3.20Quinella 5:14 $ 25.50Trifecta 14:5:3 $ 262.30First4 14:5:3:6 $ 5028.80Treble 1/4/14+ $ 790.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (2) Princess Kereru(9) Spring Heat (14) ArdrossanR4 (1) Aotea Lad(2) Whiskey Neat (3) Neptune's SpearR5 (1) Volpe Veloce(5) Livin' On A Prayer (9) Le CastileR6 (1) Madison County(4) Surely SacredQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - KARAKA MILLION 2YOTime: 6:36 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Whiskey Neat F: 11B(2) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )Won two races so far without hardly raising a sweat. Favouritism changed hands as soon as the draws came out.Main Danger1 Aotea Lad F: 12B(12) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Awkwardly drawn but with McDonald in the saddle I don't think Te Akau or stable backers have much to worry about. Does look one for later though.Awkwardly drawn but with McDonald in the saddle I don't think Te Akau or stable backers have much to worry about. Impsing type with blinkers on..Next Best11 Probabeel F: 211B(16) W(54.5)( J- Opie Bosson )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.70Favouritism conceded after drawing 16. No one wants another Melody BelleInclude in Multis3 Neptune's Spear F: 12B(11) W(56.5)( T- Liam Birchley )Aussie trainer knows how to win this race, having won it twice before. He's naturally chirpyLonger Odds14 Flaunting F: 21B(1) W(54.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- David Greene )The talk is all about Te Akau's team but unwise to downplay this filly's chances. Was beaten by Yourdeel on debut but bounced out of that for comfortable win.
RemarksGear changes: Aotea Lad: Visor Blinkers on Challa (AUS): Blinkers on Appellant: Side Winkers on Probabeel: Side Winkers off, Visor Blinkers o
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 4.00Place1 11 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 1:11 $ 8.10Quaddie 1/4/14+/11 $ 4994.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WESTBURY CLASSICTime: 7:13 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Volpe Veloce F: 0X424B(2) W(58)( T- Richardson/Parker )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.40Up to her old tricks in Railway - flopped out of gates, warmed up well as usual late. Her race to loseMain Danger5 Livin' On A Prayer F: 22906B(10) W(55)( T- Wayne Hillis )Perhaps isn't a group horse after all. Faltered but still ran a meritorius 6th in Telegraph, a big improvement on Couplands Mile and Railway efforts. 1400m today could change things for the betterNext Best9 Le Castile F: X2011B(6) W(55)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Mark Blackie )Has had four wins but what's she beaten? - not very much. True test of her talent todayInclude in Multis3 Indecision F: 21515B(12) W(56)( J- Jason Waddell )Top four chance. Wih rain the odds would have shortenedLonger Odds6 Yearn F: 12032B(9) W(55)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Karen Fursdon )PlacedDividend : $3.20Bit erratic when trying to chase down Stratocaster here Jan 13. Spratt pinch-hiting for injured jock
RemarksStipe Comment: VOLPE VELOCE (RAILWAY) Began awkwardly
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 2.40Place3 6 $ 3.20Quinella 1:4 $ 8.90Trifecta 1:4:6 $ 123.30First4 1:4:6:9 $ 593.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - KARAKA MILLION 3YO CLASSICTime: 7:48 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Madison County F: 21311B(6) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )PlacedDividend : $1.40Class act. Co-trainer labels the 2000 Guineas winner in one. I'll buy into hs confidenceMain Danger4 Surely Sacred F: 121B(3) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )Jock heading off on holiday soon (as in five week suspension) A win here would pay some of his billsNext Best5 Long Leaf F: 83632B(10) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.00 $1.70Hayes invader with McDonald aboard. Won 3 in row last summer and group placed since.Include in Multis16 Queen Of Diamonds F: 27113B(9) W(54.5)( J- Tommy Berry )Worked brilliantly during the week, certainly the equal of Madison County. Does looks just one of many chances.Longer Odds14 Pinmedown F: X5116B(13) W(54.5)( J- Jake Bayliss )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Aussie jock needs to reproduce Eight Carat ride and put the Royal Stakes misfire down to one of those days.
RemarksGear changes: Sir Nate: Tongue Tie on Long Leaf (AUS): Approved Plates on, Lugging Bit on, Side Winkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.00Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 18 $ 27.30Place3 1 $ 1.40Place6 1,2+,9/1+,2,4/3,5,14+/1,5,10,1 $ 27.40Quinella 5:18 $ 464.20Trifecta 5:18:1 $ 3593.30First4 5:18:1:16 $ 33671.20Treble 11/1+/5 $ 77.10Quaddie 14+/11/1+/5 $ 418.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 14, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%