Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TEAM WEALLEANS 1400Time: 1:23 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Son Of Bielski F: 172B(4) W(58.5)( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $1.30Nice type in the making that should prove very tough to beat. Bookmakers have opened it at short odds, which isn't unsurprising.Main Danger5 Ludus F: 2318XB(2) W(56)Looked good at times last campaign, including a win two starts back. Didn't handle the rise in class last start but it's better-suited here.Next Best3 Danger Dee F: 01675B(3) W(58)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Jacob McKay )WonDividends : $12.30 $3.70Struggling to find its best form of late, but it has the ability. Won four starts back and it should be able to handle this class.Include in Multis4 Mannie's Power F: 17263B(1) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stuart Manning )Has won this campaign and hasn't been too far away since. It gets the inside draw and that could be all it needs. Chance.Longer Odds7 Dawn Jessie F: 00565B(5) W(55)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter Lock )Needs to improve but it's not without a chance.
RemarksA short-priced favourite in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 12.30Place1 3 $ 3.70Place2 2 $ 1.30Quinella 2:3 $ 4.90Trifecta 3:2:4 $ 54.00First4 3:2:4:5 $ 88.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RETOX BAR & TOKOROA CLUB (INC) 1200Time: 1:58 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Get Hitched F: 56X3XB(5) W(56)WonDividends : $1.70 $1.10Showed good ability when running third last start. In the right hands and seeing Bosson in the saddle is a bonus. Expect money to come for it.Main Danger9 Hibernia Sea F: 6933B(9) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.90Owns back-to-back third placings coming into this race. Draws wide in barrier 11 but it only needs luck to figure in the finish.Next Best13 Greedy F:B(2) W(56)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Another Te Akau runner that placed in a recent trial. Gets a good run from the draw and weight off its back. Chance on that.Include in Multis5 The Last Word F: 5X8X2B(3) W(56.5)Nothing wrong with its form coming into this. Handy placing last time out and that was a nice turnaround in form. Each-way odds.Longer Odds2 Sahalainn F: 20X7B(8) W(58.5)Ran well on debut, so include for value.
RemarksOpen field with good odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 1.70Place1 10 $ 1.10Place2 6 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 1.90Quinella 6:10 $ 5.50Trifecta 10:6:9 $ 32.50First4 10:6:9:5 $ 90.90Double 3/10+ $ 29.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TOKOROA COSMOPOLITAN CLUB (INC) & TREES TAVERNTime: 2:33 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Safe Passage F:B(7) W(55.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Looked good winning at the trials and it's bred to show early speed. Tricky draw but if it gets a safe passage throughout, it'll be tough to beat.Main Danger7 Oneroa F:B(1) W(55.5)Handy trial form and it gets the inside draw. Likely to get every chance from that draw and it has been respected in the market.Next Best2 Bo Jackson F:B(8) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Anne Herbert )Bred to race over longer distances but it looked good at the trials. The market support is there and it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis6 Victorem F:B(6) W(55.5)( T- Anne Herbert )PlacedDividend : $1.90Trial winner which is paying nice odds. They usually find form quickly from this stable and we wouldn't be surprised to see it win.Longer Odds3 Semper Fi F:B(2) W(57.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Mark Brooks )Chance of running well on debut. Include at double-figure odds.
RemarksThe form out of this race could stack up beautifully
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.50Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 2.10Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 4:5 $ 8.80Trifecta 5:4:6 $ 86.10First4 5:4:6:1 $ 410.00Treble 3/10+/5+ $ 111.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (2) Bo Jackson(5) Safe Passage (7) OneroaR4 (3) Super Sid(4) Terracotta (9) Mai TaiR5 (2) Vichy(4) Sahar (6) Hasabro (10) Dam ReliableR6 (2) Markus Aurelius(3) LandryQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TIRAU VETERINARY CENTRE 1200Time: 3:08 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Terracotta F: 2522B(9) W(55.5)WonDividends : $2.30 $1.20Owns race day experience with three second placings from four starts. It's tough to overlook that form and it only needs luck from the draw.Main Danger3 Super Sid F: 8XB(6) W(57.5)Didn't show much on debut but was immediately spelled. From the in-form Te Akau stable and punters are getting nice odds. Worth including.Next Best9 Mai Tai F:B(2) W(55.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Trial winner by Atlante. Has been confidently backed and it gets in nicely on the weights. Should be included and watch for late betting moves.Include in Multis5 Fonts de L'Algar F: 66X2B(7) W(55.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Chad Ormsby & Kade Ormsby )PlacedDividend : $2.60Had very good backing last start when just going under. Better for the run and punters are getting much better odds this time around.Longer Odds1 I'm Buzz F: 69622B(3) W(57.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Jason Price )Going well with back-to-back placings. Chance on that form.
RemarksMany of these could break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.30Place1 4 $ 1.20Place2 5 $ 2.60Place3 8 $ 2.00Quinella 4:5 $ 10.80Trifecta 4:5:8 $ 76.90First4 4:5:8:9 $ 273.30Double 5+/4+ $ 5.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HOLSTER ENGINEERING LALLY&SYMES STH WAIKATO CUPTime: 3:43 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Sahar F: X4212B(5) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Running well as its form suggests. Impressive win two back before running a competitive second last time out. Opie rides so it goes on top.Main Danger2 Vichy F: X6613B(7) W(59.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Graham Richardson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Gets 2kg off its back and it has been in good recent form. Did the job nicely two back and it has been best-backed to win.Next Best10 Dam Reliable F: 44321B(1) W(55.5)Has scored two wins in a row, but it was relegated two starts back. Loyal punters cashed in last start and they could once again.Include in Multis1 Master Painton F: 51774B(8) W(60)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Stephen Autridge )Never too far away from the prize and it gets 4kg off its back. Only needs to find its best to be competitive in this race.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Hasabro F: 50162B(11) W(58)( T- Stephen McKee )Always a chance and its experience could factor into it.
RemarksAnother good each-way contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 12.70Place1 5 $ 3.10Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 2:5 $ 20.80Trifecta 5:2:4 $ 164.40First4 5:2:4:8 $ 2135.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - COX PLATE 100 NZ TOUR 1400Time: 4:18 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Markus Aurelius F: 23B(9) W(58)WonDividends : $1.50 $1.10The Richards/Bosson factor could strike in the last. The only negative is the draw, but its two placings bodes well.Main Danger3 Landry F: 237B(7) W(58)( J- Matthew Cameron )PlacedDividend : $1.80A touch disappointing last start but its two placings prior were good. Worth including and punters are getting nice odds.Next Best9 Full Of Promise F:B(5) W(56)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Could live up to its name. Did enough at the trials and although it's bred to handle distance races, it could fire up here.Include in Multis10 Lalone F:B(4) W(56)Wasn't asked to do too much at the trials. Punters are getting nice odds and it's worth including.Longer Odds8 Catwalk Girl F: 5B(1) W(56)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Did enough on debut and securing the inside draw is a positive.
RemarksQuality race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.50Place1 2 $ 1.10Place2 6 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 1.80Quinella 2:6 $ 2.60Trifecta 2:6:3 $ 14.20First4 2:6:3:10 $ 59.30Double 5/2+ $ 18.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%