Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COLCHESTER ENGINEERING LTD 1600Time: 12:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Joe's Legacy F: 364X7B(5) W(60)( T- Jason Price )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Finding it tough to go close but it has the ability. Drawn well here and it gets a confident rider in the saddle. Good chance.Main Danger2 El Coolio F: 36541B(9) W(59.5)( T- Kylie Whiting )PlacedDividend : $3.10Good win last time out and it could kick on with it now. Good chance once again.Next Best13 Kya Khoob Lagti Ho F: 219X6B(16) W(56)( T- Frank Ritchie )Good enough to win and place last campaign. Needed the run last start but was making good ground late. Encouraging signs for this.Include in Multis9 Taree F: X7012B(12) W(57)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Tough draw with an apprentice riding but it is in good form. Won well three back and fought to the line when second last start. Chance.Longer Odds6 Trumpet F: 6108XB(3) W(58)Good enough to give them a shake.
RemarksBig field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.50Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 8 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 3.10Quinella 1:8 $ 8.10Trifecta 1:8:2 $ 80.20First4 1:8:2:15 $ 563.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - COMAG LTD 1600Time: 12:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Yatima F: 229X1B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Impressive win at Pukekohe and it could continue that form. Might have turned the corner and it's another nice-odds chance.Main Danger7 Katie Perrie F: 979X2B(7) W(57)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )PlacedDividend : $1.50Did well to run second last start. This is no easier but with some luck from the draw, it could add some value to bets.Next Best4 Masetto F: 538X2B(10) W(59)Nearing a win after posting a good second placing fresh up. Improves with fitness and there is good money coming for it.Include in Multis12 Soda F: 221X1B(1) W(55.5)( T- Darryn Weatherley )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.70Hasn't done much wrong of late and its turn of speed has been good. Goes close.Longer Odds2 Wrangler F: 57734B(3) W(59.5)( T- John Trumper )Never that far away and it should be around the mark.
RemarksAnother field with good odds on offer
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.10Place1 12 $ 1.70Place2 7 $ 1.50Place3 8 $ 1.40Quinella 7:12 $ 10.20Trifecta 12:7:8 $ 55.70First4 12:7:8:1 $ 259.10Double 1+/12 $ 20.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MATAMATA VETERINARY SERVICES LTD 1400Time: 1:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Harlech F: 83X1B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Impressive winner last start and the form out of that race should stack up. Drawn well and there have been some good bets placed.Main Danger12 Travelling Light F: 1B(6) W(55.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Ben Foote )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.70Good win on debut at Taupo. Form out of that location usually stands up nicely and it has attracted some money. Double-figure odds into a single-figure quote.Next Best8 Appellant F: 39X50B(1) W(55.5)Better than what it showed last time out. Could run a nice race here.Include in Multis4 Gigolo George F: 721B(7) W(57.5)( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Got the win on the board last start and it was a commanding performance. Should be around the mark.Longer Odds3 Enjoy The Show F: 18X65B(3) W(57.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Baker/Forsman )Capable on its day.
RemarksForm is likely to stack up out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.40Place1 12 $ 2.70Place2 5 $ 1.50Quinella 5:12 $ 5.20Trifecta 12:5:11 $ 83.90First4 12:5:11:3 $ 371.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LUMINATEONE 1400Time: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick15 Manchu F: 21B(16) W(54.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )Looks a nice type in the making after scoring a win last time out. Yet to do anything wrong and it has more promise than most of these.Main Danger2 Firoden F: 653X2B(8) W(59)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Steven Reid )PlacedDividend : $2.40Needs to navigate a wide draw but it has been confidently backed. Spratt is a good front-running rider so expect a forward effort.Next Best10 My Superior Girl F: 3212B(7) W(57.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Catherine Cameron )Four starts for a win and three placings. Tough to overlook that form and it only needs luck from the draw to figure in the finish.Include in Multis3 Danger Dee F: 0X737B(11) W(58.5)( T- Jacob McKay )Has contested some nice races throughout its career. Needs to find its confidence but that could come here at odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Duck Road F: 213X0B(4) W(58.5)( J- Opie Bosson )Capable of causing an upset.
RemarksGreat odds on offer in this wide-open field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 15.50Place1 6 $ 4.40Place2 2 $ 2.40Place3 5 $ 3.60Quinella 2:6 $ 60.30Trifecta 6:2:5 $ 1188.10First4 6:2:5:8 $ 4892.10Double 12/6 $ 52.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 10, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - RUSSELL & YVONNE GREEN MEMORIAL 1200Time: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Burgundy Belle F: 31331B(4) W(56)( J- Opie Bosson )PlacedDividend : $1.30Owns plenty of pace and that showed when scoring last time out. Talented at best and there is strong money coming for it.Main Danger13 Supreme Heights F: 11212B(6) W(54.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Mark Brosnan )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.40Doesn't know how to run a bad race and it just keeps delivering competitive races. Down in the weights and that helps.Next Best5 Speedy Meady F: 411X6B(3) W(57)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Stephen Ralph )PlacedDividend : $2.60Lives up to its name and it has plenty of speed. In good form and another good run is likely.Include in Multis2 Pinmedown F: 0109XB(7) W(58)Owns a high-quality win and although short of its best, the class might shine through here. Worth including at each-way odds.Longer Odds4 La Mia Stella F: 1521XB(5) W(57.5)Chance in a fresh state.
RemarksAnother value field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 3.90Place1 13 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 1.30Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 8:13 $ 3.40Trifecta 13:8:5 $ 44.70First4 13:8:5:11 $ 389.40Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Pinmedown(5) Speedy Meady (8) Burgundy Belle (13) Supreme HeightsR6 (2) Dez(9) Verry Flash (15) Paisley ParkR7 (3) Suliman(6) De Gaulle (10) Elle Eye Are (11) LuminousR8 (8) Barbara(10) Century Miss (11) VaingloryQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 8, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - TEAM WEALLEANS MATAMATA CUPTime: 3:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Dez F: 01123B(6) W(59.5)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Simon Wilson )Handles the conditions well and it hasn't put in a bad run all season. Chris Johnson is riding in good form so consider.Main Danger15 Paisley Park F: 24325B(8) W(53)PlacedDividend : $2.80Gets right down in the weights now and it could be dangerous from there. Double-figure odds on offer and that's a bonus.Next Best9 Verry Flash F: 52310B(10) W(55)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Nicholas Bishara )Needs to lift on its most recent performance, but it has the quality. Shouldn't be too far away.Include in Multis10 Polly Grey F: 14211B(13) W(53)( T- Kylie Fawcett )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.40In good form after battling best to win last start. Tough customer with upset.Longer Odds16 Yamuna F: 26441B(5) W(53)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- Jacob McKay )Good win last start and it could double down on that.
RemarksLooks a crackingly good race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 6.60Place1 10 $ 2.40Place2 15 $ 2.80Place3 11 $ 7.30Quinella 10:15 $ 31.80Trifecta 10:15:11 $ 1023.40First4 10:15:11:13 $ 6813.80Double 13/10 $ 26.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 9, 10, 15, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - FAIRVIEW MOTORS MATAMATA 2000Time: 3:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Suliman F: 46125B(4) W(59)( J- Vinnie Colgan )Scored nicely three back and it hasn't been all that far away since. Drawn well and there is good money coming for it.Main Danger6 De Gaulle F: 72471B(1) W(57)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Jeff Lynds )Caused a minor upset when winning last start and it could do the same here. Talented when in the mood to run.Next Best10 Elle Eye Are F: 36822B(8) W(54.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $1.50Enjoys the conditions and although not winning frequently, it has ability. Carrying 51.5kg with the apprentice helps.Include in Multis11 Luminous F: 23X21B(2) W(54.5)Good win last time out and carrying 54.5kg with Johnson riding looks good. Could go to the next level and beat a solid field.Longer Odds2 Excalibur F: 648X0B(10) W(59)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Chance to improve on a fair fresh up run.
RemarksLooks an even field here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 10.10Place1 13 $ 2.50Place2 10 $ 1.50Place3 8 $ 2.40Quinella 10:13 $ 14.50Trifecta 13:10:8 $ 207.40First4 13:10:8:12 $ 1599.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MITRE 10 MATAMATA 2000Time: 4:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Vainglory F: 66X42B(1) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Cody Cole )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.00Knocking on the door after two good runs this campaign. Gets the inside draw and will look to push wide around the corner. Chance.Main Danger10 Century Miss F: 80431B(4) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Graham Thomas )PlacedDividend : $2.10Likes the conditions and comes into this in form. Scored nicely last time out and it can put them together now.Next Best8 Barbara F: 00312B(2) W(57)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Kylie Grass )PlacedDividend : $1.80In good form with a win and two placings from its last three starts. Gets a good run from the draw and it should go close.Include in Multis1 Battle Royal F: 0026LB(6) W(59.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- P & J Brosnan )Chance to rebound here. Goes into the mix at each-way odds.Longer Odds3 Dependsonsituation F: 10820B(7) W(58.5)Should be better than what it showed last start.
RemarksNice way to end the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.10Place1 11 $ 1.00Place2 8 $ 1.80Place3 10 $ 2.10Quinella 8:11 $ 5.90Trifecta 11:8:10 $ 37.10First4 11:8:10:3 $ 148.70Double 13/11+ $ 28.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%