Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NEW WORLD MATAMATA 1600Time: 12:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Aqueduct F: 44051B(7) W(58.5)( J- Elen Nicholas )( T- Andrew Campbell )PlacedDividend : $1.80Showed them a clean pair of heels when winning last time out. Stable is going well and the 4kg claim riding helps the cause.Main Danger1 Amano F: 9X817B(9) W(59)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Talented at best and it looked the goods when winning two back. Only fair last start but it should find this easier. Nice odds.Next Best5 Kabu F: 3210B(10) W(56.5)Punters should overlook its most recent effort. Form prior was strong and anything close to that would be good enough.Include in Multis7 Socialights F: 79273B(5) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Always a danger despite showing inconsistent form. Goes into the mix from a good barrier.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Mighty Aslan F: 9X333B(8) W(58)( T- Stephen McKee )Knocking on the door after three consecutive placings.
RemarksOpen betting field in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 16.90Place1 11 $ 4.50Place2 8 $ 5.30Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 8:11 $ 132.40Trifecta 11:8:2 $ 2074.30First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RICH HILL STUD 1600Time: 1:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Aim Smart F: 14358B(2) W(60.5)( T- Lauren Brennan )Carries the big weight but it's due to show something. It's too talented to not be competitive against this field and the odds are generous.Main Danger7 Vee Cece F: 10X12B(5) W(55)Two efforts back from a spell have been very good. Attracting some sizable bets and it shouldn't be overlooked.Next Best3 Sir Nate F: 50636B(8) W(57.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Handles all conditions and it could take consistent form and turn it into winning form. Steady in the betting.Include in Multis4 Crafty Jess F: 41762B(3) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.50Didn't do much wrong when second last start. Paying nice odds and it shouldn't be too far away from them. Include for value.Longer Odds9 Elate F: 000X7B(11) W(54)( T- James/Wellwood )Better than what it has been showing. Upset claims.
RemarksMany quality types involved in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.10Place1 6 $ 2.80Place2 10 $ 2.40Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 6:10 $ 32.10Trifecta 6:10:4 $ 601.50First4 6:10:4:7 $ 2353.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WESTBURY WAIKATO 1400Time: 1:35 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Packing Rockstar F: 5X1B(3) W(58)( T- Lauren Brennan )Former Hong Kong runner that proved too good for them last start. A repeat could be on the cards despite the betting drift.Main Danger10 Midnight Magic F: 8X21B(10) W(55.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )PlacedDividend : $1.80Nice type in the making that showed off its talent last time out. Drops right down in weight and it has plenty of upside.Next Best11 Our Alley Cat F: 21B(11) W(55.5)( T- Vicki Prendergast )WonDividends : $4.80 $1.90Well-backed runner which is coming off a nice win at Rotorua. Drawn wide but it could be saved for one run at them.Include in Multis4 Son Of Bielski F: 17B(7) W(57.5)( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $2.30Showed nothing last start but it was too good on debut to be ignored. Goes into the mix but the odds are a touch short.Longer Odds2 Valetti F: 89X1B(5) W(58)( T- Antony Fuller )Last-start winner which could spring a surprise result.
RemarksPlenty of winning form throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 4.80Place1 11 $ 1.90Place2 4 $ 2.30Place3 10 $ 1.80Quinella 4:11 $ 17.70Trifecta 11:4:10 $ 114.00First4 11:4:10:3 $ 958.70Double 6/11 $ 70.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WAIKATO STUD SLIPPER (G3)Time: 2:10 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Cool Aza Beel F: 1411B(1) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.20The class runner of this field after scoring three wins from four starts. Karaka Million winner with every chance to extend its record.Main Danger3 Need I Say More F: 1B(2) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.70Impressive two-length winner on debut and it's the stablemates biggest danger. Could be a very nice type in the making.Next Best5 Edge Of Wonder F: 2XB(4) W(56.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Money has come for it during the week. That's a good sign and it could be the sign of things to come. Chance.Include in Multis2 Trident F: 1594B(7) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )Winner on debut before struggling behind some nice types. Good enough to offer punters a good sight.Longer Odds7 Snapper F: 6B(5) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Did nothing right on debut. There's hype around this runner.
RemarksAll eyes on some talented juveniles
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.10Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 1.20Quinella 1:3 $ 1.70Trifecta 3:1:7 $ 31.20First4 3:1:7:4 $ 96.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - VALACHI DOWNS 1400Time: 2:45 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Levante F: 111B(3) W(58)( T- K & B Kelso )WonDividends : $1.40 $1.00The odds are short but it has looked impressive to date. Unbeaten after three runs and it should prove tough to hold out again.Main Danger1 Breezon F: 7X681B(5) W(59.5)( T- Stephen McKee )Likes to settle close to the speed and kick on nicely. Could give value punters something to cheer about in the straight.Next Best3 Jewel Of Patch F: 40X21B(4) W(59)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Last start winner which looks capable of going on with it. Stable is running hot and it could add value to multiples.Include in Multis6 Show Down F: 22194B(6) W(58)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- T & M Carter )PlacedDividend : $2.40More than capable on its day. Gets 3kg off its back and it could add some spice to this race.Longer Odds8 Tia Celeste F: 12206B(7) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- R & R Rogers )Blowout chance at juicy odds.
RemarksMarket dominated by an odds-on favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.40Place1 4 $ 1.00Place2 5 $ 2.40Place3 6 $ 2.40Quinella 4:5 $ 7.50Trifecta 4:5:6 $ 50.50First4 4:5:6:2 $ 251.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - LISA CHITTICK PLATETime: 3:20 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Supera F: 1X214B(1) W(58)( T- K & B Kelso )WonDividends : $1.70 $1.50Could be a touch overrated in terms of a Group 1 performer. However, this is a step back in class and it should take advantage.Main Danger3 Media Sensation F: X1205B(3) W(58)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- P & D Williams )Owns good tactical pace and it could cause a minor upset. 2kg comes off the back and it all helps at this level. Goes close.Next Best2 Yearn F: 21423B(6) W(58)( T- Karen Fursdon )Not ideally suited by the small field. It has winning claims, however, and it has performed well on this track in the past.Include in Multis8 Rocket Fuel F: 52211B(2) W(57)( T- Graham Richardson )In grand form having won its last two. Not suited by the weights but the confidence is up and punters are getting odds.Longer Odds6 Pop Star Princess F: 56120B(5) W(58)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )PlacedDividend : $4.40Enigmatic enough to win a race like this.
RemarksAll the movement coming at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.70Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 4.40Quinella 1:6 $ 10.30Trifecta 1:6:8 $ 38.70First4 1:6:8:3 $ 93.40Treble 3/4+/1+ $ 13.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Supera(3) Media SensationR7 (1) Bonita Aurelia(3) Opalescence (6) VernazzaR8 (1) Scott Base(2) Te Akau Caliburn (9) Inscription (12) Joe's LegacyR9 (1) Leaderboard(2) Master Painton (5) Le SablierQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - J SWAP CONTRACTORS MATAMATA BREEDERS STAKES(G2)Time: 3:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Vernazza F: 31B(9) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $5.50 $2.20Impressive win at Ellerslie and form out of that race should hold up. It looks a smart type in the making and the odds appeal.Main Danger1 Bonita Aurelia F: 5X1B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.40Tough win last start and it has been well-found in the betting. They usually kick on with it from this stable, so it goes into the mix.Next Best3 Opalescence F: 211B(11) W(56.5)( T- Jenna Mahoney )Nothing wrong with its form coming into this race. Tricky draw is the worry but it should be right there in the finish.Include in Multis8 Dragon Queen F: 3235B(1) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Yet to win a race which is concerning, but it's not far away from it. Drawn to receive every winning chance and it should go well.Longer Odds5 Laced With Gold F: 2451B(3) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Nice win last start and it demands respect.
RemarksIt's always a quality form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.50Place1 6 $ 2.20Place2 9 $ 7.60Place3 1 $ 2.40Quinella 6:9 $ 108.40Trifecta 6:9:1 $ 1075.80First4 6:9:1:3 $ 4049.30Double 1+/6 $ 7.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MATAMATA VETERINARY SERVICES KAIMAI STAKESTime: 4:30 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Te Akau Caliburn F: 50X71B(12) W(58.5)Showed its ability when scoring last time out. Likely to kick on with it now and the odds available are generous.Main Danger1 Scott Base F: X3734B(7) W(60)Finding it tough to win but the ability is there, so don't count it out. Respected in the betting and that's a good sign.Next Best9 Inscription F: X2502B(9) W(53)( T- Ross McCarroll )Capable of rising to this level after running second last start. Right down in the weights at 53kg and that brings it into contention.Include in Multis12 Joe's Legacy F: 04222B(4) W(53)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Jason Price )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.70Deserves a winning turn after rattling off three consecutive second placings. Light weight and every chance of winning.Longer Odds3 Roger That F: 72255B(6) W(57.5)( T- Antony Fuller )PlacedDividend : $3.60It isn't far off posting a big win.
RemarksOpen field for the Kaimai
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 4.10Place1 12 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 3.60Place3 10 $ 8.90Quinella 3:12 $ 26.20Trifecta 12:3:10 $ 1069.20First4 12:3:10:13 $ 6894.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - PGG WRIGHTSON SEEDS 2000Time: 5:05 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Le Sablier F: 5X522B(1) W(57.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Karen Fursdon )Looks perfectly placed after running well at Tauranga last start. Knocking on the door of a win and it could come here.Main Danger2 Master Painton F: 75177B(9) W(60)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Stephen Autridge )Drops in weight with the 4kg claim and it should get every chance off the inside draw. Each-way odds available.Next Best1 Leaderboard F: 41129B(5) W(60)PlacedDividend : $1.40Carries a big weight but it has been running well of late, except its most recent race. Chance to bounce back.Include in Multis7 Patsys Lass F: 41231B(3) W(56)( T- Eamonn Green )Good win last start and it's in career-best form. Should be able to run well against this class and it shouldn't be left out.Longer Odds8 Hunter Villain F: 52014B(2) W(55)( T- S & E Clotworthy )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.50Owns upset claims at odds.
RemarksThere's a few nice types in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.30Place1 8 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 4:8 $ 10.10Trifecta 8:4:1 $ 74.20First4 8:4:1:3 $ 196.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%