Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PROUD SPONSOR OF THE PEARL SERIESTime: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Because F: 63332B(7) W(58.5)Looks set to win a race after posting four consecutive placings. Gets some weight off its back and it has been very well backed to win.Main Danger3 Castlepoint F: 82B(1) W(58.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.60Showed nothing on debut but improved nicely to run second last time out. Gets the inside draw and that could be the place to be early on.Next Best5 Alfred George F: 0X44B(3) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- K & G Opie )Last couple of starts this campaign have been solid. Looks set to break maiden grades pretty soon and it could come here at odds.Include in Multis6 Cassio F: 80X84B(2) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Denise Jeffcoat )Improved nicely to run fourth last start and that improvement could continue. Drawn well so consider at double-figure odds.Longer Odds9 Rodolfo F: 707X6B(6) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Stephen Ralph )Stable is going well so consider here at odds.
RemarksMost of the money holding with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.20Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 13 $ 5.70Place3 7 $ 3.90Quinella 3:13 $ 69.90Trifecta 3:13:7 $ 1657.60First4 3:13:7:1 $ 4641.40Double 3/1 $ 19.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FIBRE FRESH 1600Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Seductress F: 0X21B(6) W(57)( T- Danica Guy )PlacedDividend : $1.90Looked the goods when winning last time out and it could easily kick on with it. Looks more than likely to score again this season.Main Danger7 Just Treasure F: 73212B(4) W(57)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Ross McCarroll )Last four runs have all been good, which included a win two starts back. Has been well backed to win which is another good sign.Next Best1 Deejay Mac F: 22X83B(7) W(59.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Stuart Manning )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.70Showed little fresh up but improved nicely to run third last start. Likely to continue its improvement here with the 3kg claimer riding.Include in Multis5 Belle Testa F: 20X00B(10) W(57.5)( J- Samantha Collett )Last three starts have all been rather average but the ability is there. Drawn wide but it shouldn't be too far away.Longer Odds4 Zenntari F: 85616B(2) W(58)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- Lesley Munro )Scored well enough two back to add some value here.
RemarksMany nice each-way types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.90Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 1.90Place3 12 $ 3.80Quinella 1:8 $ 11.40Trifecta 1:8:12 $ 232.70First4 1:8:12:2 $ 1419.90Double 3/1 $ 19.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - COLIN WEST PANELBEATERS 1400Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Imblaze F: X3473B(7) W(58)( T- Janenne Dalley )Finding it tough to win a race this time in but it has class on its side. Capable of carrying the weight and an in-form rider is ideal.Main Danger5 Codecracker F: 34123B(5) W(56)( T- K & B Kelso )Had the chance to win last start but only battled late. However, has been in solid form it should be tough to beat from the good barrier.Next Best1 Inca Warrior F: 6X013B(3) W(61)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- Steven Cole )Nice effort to win two back and wasn't all that far away last time out. Gets a handy 2kg off the back to help with the big weight.Include in Multis4 Lala Land F: 81573B(1) W(57)( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $12.50 $4.40At better odds than expected so take the value on offer. Inside draw helps and it has good form in these conditions. Nice chance.Longer Odds7 Good Vibes F: 0X616B(2) W(54)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- P & J Brosnan )PlacedDividend : $5.30Not the most consistent form but it could add some value at odds.
RemarksAll but one runner quoted at single-figure odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 12.50Place1 4 $ 4.40Place2 7 $ 5.30Quinella 4:7 $ 49.00Trifecta 4:7:2 $ 537.80First4 4:7:2:5 $ 1560.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE MEAT CO, ROBOW'S, TWO TONES 1200Time: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Romantic Lady F:B(5) W(54.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.80Has looked good at the trials and it has breeding that should suit these conditions. Has attracted attention in the markets so consider a winning chance.Main Danger1 Birdie May F: 9X3XB(13) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Graham Richardson )Resumed from a spell last start and ran well for third. That form should stack up nicely here and it only needs a drag into the race.Next Best11 Happiness Forever F: 6X793B(7) W(54.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Linda Laing )PlacedDividend : $1.80Much-improved run for third last time out. Likely to kick on with it now and it could offer punters with some nice value.Include in Multis5 Atlanta Georgia F:B(11) W(57.5)( T- Brian McKeagg )Gets in well on the weights at 55.5kg and it has good upside given its trial form. Could be another nice debut runner.Longer Odds6 Pearl Bodine F:B(4) W(57.5)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Peter Coutts )Could head forward and give them something to catch at odds.
RemarksMany debutantes and nice types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 18.80Place1 12 $ 5.30Place2 11 $ 1.80Place3 13 $ 1.80Quinella 11:12 $ 33.80Trifecta 12:11:13 $ 290.20First4 12:11:13:5 $ 4031.90Double 4/12 $ 195.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - MATAMATA DIRECTIONAL DRILLING 1200Time: 2:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Wisdom Patch F: 55X83B(4) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Hit the line nicely to run third last start and getting some weight off its back helps. Has been well-backed to win.Main Danger4 Shadow Dancer F: 68X44B(8) W(58)Getting closer to a win and it has been threatening this campaign. Plenty of money coming for it so consider a win chance.Next Best7 Gorgeous Geisha F: 6X1B(7) W(57)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Nigel Tiley )Improved effort to score last start and it could go back-to-back. Comes from the in-form Tiley stable so respect here.Include in Multis2 Nice Shot F: 8312XB(1) W(59)( T- Brian McKeagg )Last three starts have been good and have included a win. Fresh up here is made easier by scoring the inside draw. Include.Longer Odds11 Goodnight Irene F: 54X53B(11) W(55.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- P & J Brosnan )PlacedDividend : $2.60Right down in the weights and it has been running well this time in. Chance.
RemarksLooks an each-way all day type of race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.50Place1 6 $ 2.80Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 11 $ 2.60Quinella 3:6 $ 18.00Trifecta 6:3:11 $ 310.60First4 6:3:11:5 $ 1421.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Nice Shot(3) Wisdom Patch (4) Shadow Dancer (7) Gorgeous GeishaR6 (1) Aroader(2) Pearl Davone (3) Midnite Invasion (4) AnjamemeR7 (1) Leaf(2) PlushenkoR8 (1) Gingee(6) Compulsive (7) SuperleggeraQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Pearl Davone F: 23B(1) W(57.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Cody Cole )Two starts for two placings and although slightly disappointing last start, it could rebound and take this out. Inside draw helps.Main Danger3 Midnite Invasion F: 72B(7) W(57.5)( T- Karyn McQuade )PlacedDividend : $1.80Looks set to win a race shortly after posting a good placing last start. Has been the best-backed runner in the field so treat with caution.Next Best4 Anjameme F: 34B(9) W(57.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $1.80Just behind the winners to date but expect quick improvement out of this stable. Likely to be right around the mark again.Include in Multis1 Aroader F: 3X230B(4) W(57.5)( T- Janenne Dalley )A little perplexing last time out but form prior was tough to discount. Might go slightly under the radar here so respect.Longer Odds8 Our Elliemay F: 50B(6) W(57.5)Chance to add some value in this.
RemarksAll of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 9.90Place1 12 $ 3.30Place2 4 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 1.80Quinella 4:12 $ 26.20Trifecta 12:4:3 $ 375.60First4 12:4:3:5 $ 3367.60Double 6/12 $ 101.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PEARL SERIES ENTRIES CLOSE 31 JULY 1400Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Leaf F: 7X433B(5) W(58.5)( T- Karen Nicholson )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.40Last couple of placings have been good and a maiden win should be coming shortly. Gets its best chance here.Main Danger2 Plushenko F: X0472B(2) W(58.5)( T- G & T Shaw )PlacedDividend : $1.10Turned around some fairly average form with a second placing last time out. Drops down in weight and it has been well supported.Next Best6 Patch Man F: 8X007B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Stable is starting to heat up and it could be figuring in the finish. Gets a 2kg claimer in the saddle to help with the weight.Include in Multis4 Mike's Mistake F: 7X650B(6) W(58.5)Only fair last start but form prior warrants attention. Paying each-way odds and that should attract some attention.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'11 Hurricane Maggie F: 0XB(9) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Baker/Forsman )Sent for a spell following its disappointing debut. Chance.
RemarksA compact market in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.30Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 2.20Place3 2 $ 1.10Quinella 1:6 $ 11.40Trifecta 1:6:2 $ 57.10First4 1:6:2:12 $ 605.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - FAIRVIEW MOTORS 2000Time: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Superleggera F:B(4) W(58.5)( T- Trevor Da Cruz )PlacedDividend : $2.50Not lacking in trial runs and that could pay off here. Has breeding for the wet and a good draw to jump from.Main Danger6 Compulsive F: 05B(9) W(58.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Has been specked at each-way odds following its solid effort for fifth last start. Nice chance in this.Next Best1 Gingee F: 5X8F3B(1) W(58.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Andrew Meikle )Fell two back but it was good to see it rebounding for third last start. Gets the inside draw and that should help.Include in Multis2 Dr Velocious F: 98434B(12) W(58.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )WonDividends : $8.30 $2.80Finding a touch hard to get across the line first but it has ability on its day. Just needs some luck in running.Longer Odds9 Castello Royale F: 07B(3) W(58.5)( T- J & B Vance )Expected continued improvement.
RemarksLooks an interesting race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.30Place1 2 $ 2.80Place2 7 $ 2.50Place3 8 $ 3.00Quinella 2:7 $ 21.70Trifecta 2:7:8 $ 584.40First4 2:7:8:4 $ 4914.40Double 1/2 $ 17.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%