Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - A P GOLLAN REGISTERED VALUERS MAIDEN 1600Time: 11:14 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Western Girl F: 33324B(8) W(56.5)Loomed to win last start but just isn't finishing it off. Gets its best chance to impress here and notch that elusive maiden win.Main Danger3 Jet Set F: 73527B(5) W(58.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Wasn't given the best of rides last time out. Form prior was solid and that should be good enough to go close in this.Next Best4 Fast And Single F: 383B(13) W(58.5)( T- Roger Lang )Drawn wide but its form to date has been good. Two placings from three starts and it was making ground late last start. Chance.Include in Multis11 If At First F: 536B(7) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.40Has shown enough ability to be considered here. Chance.Longer Odds10 One Way Street F: 47453B(10) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )Better effort last start and it should be in the mix.
RemarksWide open maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 29.70Place1 14 $ 5.80Place2 20 $ 8.10Place3 11 $ 2.40Quinella 14:20 $ 232.80Trifecta 14:20:11 $ 6532.60First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LUMINATEONE MAIDEN 1600Time: 11:44 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Pineapple Lump F: 433B(8) W(58.5)Had good support last start and ran well enough for third. Looms as a major winning chance here in what isn't the best maiden field of all time.Main Danger2 Jimmy James F: 42B(3) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Nice type in the making after running second on this track last time out. Gets the gun run from the draw and there's value on offer.Next Best4 Because F: 55463B(14) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.20Experienced type which ran well for third last time out. Gets a much-needed 2kg claim which will help.Include in Multis5 Prestigious Lad F: 634B(13) W(58.5)( T- Iain Kennedy )Hasn't been too far away from them this campaign and it just needs to find some cover from out wide. Might try cross and lead.Longer Odds10 Soda F: 38322B(15) W(56.5)( T- Darryn Weatherley )PlacedDividend : $2.10Back-to-back second placings and it could add some pop to multiples.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 12.80Place1 11 $ 3.90Place2 10 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 3.20Quinella 10:11 $ 42.00Trifecta 11:10:4 $ 694.80First4 11:10:4:5 $ 5438.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PGG WRIGHTSON LTD 1200Time: 12:14 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Pinultimate F: 11X5B(2) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.60 $1.40Back-to-back wins to open its account before running only fairly at Te Rapa. Easier here and there has been good money for it.Main Danger5 Donna Imelda F: 39X1B(3) W(55.5)Turned around some fair form in its first campaign to score last start. Could be the start of things to come so consider.Next Best1 Willpower F: 84X41B(1) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $3.00Can't be leaving out a last-start winner from the Te Akau stable. Gets the inside running from the draw and it could add some value.Include in Multis6 Kainui Rose F: 2319B(5) W(55.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Wayne Hillis )Mixing form and that was a disappointing run last time out. Better than that so include in what should be a close contest.Longer Odds2 Lock It In F: 188X6B(4) W(57.5)( T- Wayne Hillis )Gets a claim and it's worth including at the odds. Upset chance.
RemarksSmall field but it should generate a lot of interest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.60Place1 4 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 3.00Quinella 1:4 $ 5.40Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 18.50First4 4:1:5:6 $ 29.10Treble 14/11/4+ $ 643.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - J P WILLS BLOODSTOCK MAIDEN 1200Time: 12:49 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Jennifer Eccles F:B(6) W(55.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.70Scored a good trial win coming into this and there has been nice betting support. Punters should pay attention to any further betting moves.Main Danger7 Avadane F: 4B(3) W(55.5)( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.40Not too far behind the winner on debut. Better for that run and it gets a good run from the barrier and should sit handy to the pace.Next Best13 Lilikoi F: 6B(7) W(55.5)Had good support on debut where it was a touch average. Comes into this with the experience under its belt. Wouldn't leave it out.Include in Multis1 Divine Dive F: 3B(1) W(57.5)( J- Michael McNab )Nothing wrong with its third placing on debut. Gets a chance off the inside barrier and it should be right in the thick of it.Longer Odds3 Long Jack F:B(4) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )PlacedDividend : $4.00Has a trials placing and some handy trainers. Include for value.
RemarksMany nice types on the rise
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.30Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 4.00Place3 8 $ 1.70Quinella 3:7 $ 29.20Trifecta 7:3:8 $ 164.00First4 7:3:8:13 $ 1206.20Double 4+/7 $ 5.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SLATTERY CONTRACTING MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:24 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Henry Hudson F: 62B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $6.00 $2.20Ran a much better run for second last start and that form should hold up. Tough race but the value on offer is worth taking.Main Danger9 Zamax F:B(2) W(58.5)( T- Lauren Brennan )Trial winner by Ferlax, so it might want some time to mature. Despite that, it showed good speed and could hit the ground running.Next Best10 Don't Lie To Me F: 58X22B(1) W(56.5)( T- Richardson/Parker )PlacedDividend : $2.80Not the most talented in this field but it does have experience and the inside draw. Also gets some weight off its back. Must include.Include in Multis11 Livvy Lass F: 2302XB(3) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )Showed enough last campaign and the stable is in good form. Drawn to get the run of the race and we're expecting a top five finish at least.Longer Odds14 Southern Queen F: 92309B(4) W(56.5)Better than what it has been showing. Chance at nice odds.
RemarksPunters are getting some terrific value in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.00Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 1 $ 2.90Place3 10 $ 2.80Quinella 1:3 $ 19.90Trifecta 3:1:10 $ 160.80First4 3:1:10:2 $ 842.10Quaddie 11/4+/7/3 $ 719.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 9, 10, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDENTime: 1:59 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Out Of The Park F: 2227XB(9) W(57.5)Was consistent last campaign with four consecutive placings. Needed the break and it could resume by scoring that elusive win.Main Danger3 Snitz Of Time F: 5323XB(4) W(57.5)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.40Owns more talent than most in this field. Ran just behind some smart maiden types and that form looks good for this.Next Best2 Power Of Strength F: 33643B(7) W(57.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Three placings from its last five starts. That's good enough form to warrant attention in this. Chance.Include in Multis6 Craftyaffair F: 9X235B(11) W(57.5)( T- E & D Browne )PlacedDividend : $3.70Has shown enough recent to be considered. Nice odds on offer.Longer Odds5 Aroader F: 7623XB(13) W(57.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Janenne Dalley )PlacedDividend : $4.40Handy form towards the end of last campaign. Include at the odds.
RemarksAnother maiden field but it's stacked with nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.10Place1 3 $ 1.40Place2 5 $ 4.40Place3 6 $ 3.70Quinella 3:5 $ 29.20Trifecta 3:5:6 $ 339.90First4 3:5:6:10 $ 3753.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MURRAY WILCOX LTD 1200Time: 2:34 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'12 Jewel Of Patch F: 11X54B(6) W(57.5)Getting warm this season with two solid efforts this campaign. Looked good winning back-to-back races last time in work. Nice chance.Main Danger13 Pink Graffiti F: 1744XB(7) W(56.5)Has always shown to have good ability and that could be shown here. Owns winning claims and punters are getting a nice price.Next Best16 Pierina F: X729XB(2) W(55.5)Not the most consistent type but it has ability on its day. Gets a good run from the draw and it could add some value.Include in Multis1 Veine D'Or F: 13430B(13) W(59.5)Drawn deep and that doesn't help, but it could rebound from a tough run last start. Claim helps.Longer Odds3 O'He Can F: 1106XB(5) W(59.5)Double-figure odds on offer and it could run well.
RemarksOpen field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 13.40Place1 2 $ 4.40Place2 4 $ 4.20Place3 7 $ 2.80Quinella 2:4 $ 79.50Trifecta 2:4:7 $ 893.40First4 2:4:7:16 $ 9460.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Veine D'Or(12) Jewel Of Patch (13) Pink Graffiti (16) PierinaR8 (1) Holsty(4) Ata RangiR9 (4) Cabochon(7) Charli Rose (8) Skaaboom (9) The FaithR10 (2) Ali Baba(7) Lala Land (10) VichyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 12, 13, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MATAMATA POST & RAILS ITM MAIDEN 1200Time: 3:09 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Holsty F: 2B(4) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Cody Cole )PlacedDividend : $1.10It was a hard luck story on debut for punters. Gets its chance for redemption but the odds are much shorter. Looks tough to beat.Main Danger4 Ata Rangi F:B(14) W(58.5)( T- John Bell )PlacedDividend : $1.90Dual trial winner and that has to be respected. Could have a nice future and it only needs luck from a tough draw.Next Best13 Our Elliemay F:B(7) W(56.5)On debut and it showed some speed last year. Has been patiently handled for this and that's a good sign. Chance at odds.Include in Multis2 Didi Bay F: 46XB(10) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- T & M Carter )WonDividends : $18.40 $3.60Handy enough to the winner in two starts last campaign. Tricky draw but with cover, it should run close.Longer Odds8 Peace Train F:B(11) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- R & R Rogers )All aboard the peace train. Could add some value on debut.
RemarksBig bets coming for Holsty, just like on debut
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 18.40Place1 2 $ 3.60Place2 4 $ 1.90Place3 1 $ 1.10Quinella 2:4 $ 54.60Trifecta 2:4:1 $ 214.00First4 2:4:1:14 $ 4101.60Double 2/2 $ 147.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - MATAMATA TRACTORS & MACHINERY 1600Time: 3:44 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Skaaboom F: 20X85B(9) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Scratched from last week and it has found an easier race here. Has potential and there's good betting support, which is a good sign.Main Danger9 The Faith F: 5X516B(11) W(57.5)Stablemate to Skaaboom and they could fight it out. Good win two back and although beaten last start, this looks more suitable. Chance.Next Best4 Cabochon F: 57125B(8) W(58)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )Has won this preparation and getting a 3kg claimer will only help. Owns pace and it could be in the finish.Include in Multis7 Charli Rose F: 3233XB(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Comes into this with four consecutive placings. That's good enough form to show something in a fresh state.Longer Odds5 Lady Zeraph F: 74X69B(1) W(58)Could land on the speed and give a good kick.
RemarksJust another massive field with massive value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 12.20Place1 1 $ 4.20Place2 8 $ 2.30Place3 7 $ 2.30Quinella 1:8 $ 40.30Trifecta 1:8:7 $ 470.70First4 1:8:7:10 $ 4567.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - DON GRIFFITHS TRENCHING LTD 2000Time: 4:18 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Vichy F: 14532B(11) W(56)( T- Richardson/Parker )Looked the winner last time out but was pipped. That bodes well for this and it should be finishing strongly once again.Main Danger7 Lala Land F: 54815B(14) W(57.5)Showed what it can do when right two back. Goes into the mix based on that run, despite the wide draw.Next Best2 Ali Baba F: 147X0B(7) W(59)( J- Eilish McCall )PlacedDividend : $3.00Another talented runner which is better than advertised. Gets back and having the 4kg claim will help with that turn-of-foot.Include in Multis5 Cossack Warrior F: 0X493B(5) W(58)( T- Catherine Cameron )WonDividends : $8.80 $2.60Good run for third last start and that should hold up nicely here. Deserves to win a race soon.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Vittachi F: 94284B(2) W(58)( T- Jacob McKay )Consistent enough to add some value at double-figure odds.
RemarksSuper field to close the 10-race card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.80Place1 5 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 3.00Place3 3 $ 4.20Quinella 2:5 $ 47.90Trifecta 5:2:3 $ 823.60First4 5:2:3:12 $ 17489.30Double 1/5 $ 142.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%