Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MOUNT SHOP MAIDEN 2100Time: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Twin Spinner F: 20624B(5) W(58.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- Lesley Munro )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70Hasn't been too far behind them so far and it gets some weight off its back. Should handle conditions and be competitive.Main Danger10 Unacceptable F: X3X02B(2) W(56.5)( T- John Bell )PlacedDividend : $1.80Needed the fresh up run and it was much-improved when running second last start. Drawn well and should be around the mark.Next Best3 Hvar F: X6558B(11) W(58.5)( T- Richard Collett )Has had its chances to win but meets a relatively easy field here. Should improve and drawing wide on this track might help somewhat. Chance.Include in Multis2 Dr Velocious F: 69843B(3) W(58.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- S & E Clotworthy )Capped off some moderate form with a placing last time out. That could be good enough form for this so consider here at each-way odds.Longer Odds11 Gocara F: X8030B(10) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Darrell Hollinshead )Mixed form but it has upset claims.
RemarksNice field to open up the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 6 $ 5.10Place3 10 $ 1.80Quinella 1:6 $ 36.50Trifecta 1:6:10 $ 439.60First4 1:6:10:2 $ 3321.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SSANGYONG 2100Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Nulli Secundus F: 05214B(5) W(56)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Nicholas Bishara )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.70Couldn't be stopped when winning two starts back. Not a bad fourth last start and with 3kg coming off its back, that helps.Main Danger2 Windy Height F: 0X705B(3) W(58.5)( T- Antony Fuller )PlacedDividend : $1.70Probably needed all three runs back in this campaign. Ready to fire now and it has been well backed in the betting. Nice chance.Next Best1 Joe Cargo F: 00339B(4) W(59)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Phillip Stevens )Only average last start but form prior when placing was much better. Needs to regain that confidence and it could go close.Include in Multis8 Wagner F: 75X95B(7) W(54)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Should be suited down in the weights. 54kg on the back helps and it should go close with some luck in running. Nice odds.Longer Odds7 Raaj F: 7684BB(1) W(54)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- Lesley Munro )Enjoys the conditions and will battle away gamely in the straight.
RemarksSmall field but it should be a good race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.50Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 1.70Quinella 2:5 $ 3.30Trifecta 5:2:1 $ 23.30First4 5:2:1:7 $ 109.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VETERINARY ASSOCIATES MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Sham On Toast F: 2B(5) W(57.5)( T- Steven Reid )PlacedDividend : $1.30Didn't lose any admirers when running second on debut. Looks to have the most talent and should be breaking maiden grades soon.Main Danger4 Sir Ralph F: 09X6B(4) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Form doesn't appeal but it wasn't too far away last start and improvement is to come. Watch for any late betting moves with this runner.Next Best2 Fast Mover F: 67X63B(1) W(57.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Rudy Liefting )PlacedDividend : $2.70Much better effort for third last time out. Gets an inside draw and should be able to sit close to the pace and kick strongly.Include in Multis11 Keep It Real F: 09X06B(3) W(55.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- M, M & M Rogers )Not an easy race to kick off with but trial form has been solid. Worth including here at each-way odds.Longer Odds12 Mama F:B(8) W(55.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- S & E Clotworthy )Another debutante which could surprise and run a good race.
RemarksSome progressive types lining up in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 9.30Place1 10 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 2.70Place3 1 $ 1.30Quinella 2:10 $ 24.20Trifecta 10:2:1 $ 166.40First4 10:2:1:11 $ 1571.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HAUNUI FARM 1400Time: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Call Me Bob F: 20X46B(5) W(59)( T- Nigel Tiley )Wasn't too far away last start and the stable is in form. Gets a dream run from the draw and it should be able to handle conditions.Main Danger4 Vincentius F: 10X04B(12) W(57)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Brian Hedley )Made good ground last start. Was a winner four back so the ability is there and it gets some weight off its back. Goes close.Next Best6 Good Vibes F: 80X61B(4) W(54)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- P & J Brosnan )Last-start winner which gets in light and could easily go back-to-back. Could start as favourite and go back-to-back.Include in Multis7 Dudewithattitude F: 56003B(1) W(54)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Jim Pender )Inside draw and light weight helps. Never too far away from the prize and it could add some value to this race.Longer Odds8 So Much Mour F: X8680B(7) W(54)( T- Brendon Hawtin )WonDividends : $7.20 $2.60Capable and this field looks ripe for an upset.
RemarksWide open field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 7.20Place1 8 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 4.90Place3 12 $ 12.30Quinella 2:8 $ 60.00Trifecta 8:2:12 $ 4226.60First4 8:2:12:7 $ 4944.00Treble 5+/10/8 $ 379.20Quaddie 1/5+/10/8 $ 1720.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Call Me Bob(4) Vincentius (6) Good VibesR5 (4) Tumbril(7) Frozen (8) Geri (10) DameselR6 (1) Botti(2) Chadsdale (3) Tryfan (10) Easy WalkingR7 (5) Sepella(6) KiwiannaQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 22
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - LONE STAR PUKEKOHE MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'8 Geri F: 9X2B(2) W(56.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- David Wilson )PlacedDividend : $2.90Much better run for second last start after showing little on debut. Gets conditions to suit and it could add some nice value.Main Danger7 Frozen F: 24B(6) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- P & D Williams )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.40Two close-up runs to date and that form should hold up nicely. Drawn well and we'd be surprised if it wasn't fighting out the finish.Next Best4 Tumbril F: 35B(3) W(58.5)( T- John Bell )Nice third placing on debut and was battling away nicely last start. Doesn't need to improve too much to take this out so consider.Include in Multis10 Damesel F: 45X35B(7) W(56.5)Owns the experience edge over many of these. A maiden win isn't far away and it should be included in win bets here.Longer Odds12 Dream F: X50X7B(1) W(56.5)( T- Nigel Tiley )Could add some value at nice odds.
RemarksA few nice types in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.60Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 5.30Quinella 7:8 $ 11.80Trifecta 7:8:1 $ 214.40First4 7:8:1:10 $ 1557.70Double 8/7+ $ 30.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 7, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - FORMSTRESS 1600Time: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Tryfan F: X4653B(2) W(59.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Annabelle Johnson )A win isn't far away for this runner. Has been knocking on the door and meets a field that is there for the taking. Good win hope.Main Danger10 Easy Walking F: 865X4B(1) W(55)( J- Danielle Johnson )PlacedDividend : $2.20Resumed with a tidy effort for fourth. Drops down nicely in weight to 55kg and Danielle Johnson returns to ride. Goes close.Next Best1 Botti F: 300X8B(11) W(59.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Has more ability than most of these but is struggling to show that. 4kg comes off its back so include based on that.Include in Multis2 Chadsdale F: 65005B(4) W(59.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Rarely too far away from them and it only needs to find a length to be competitive. Bookies are offering odds worth taking.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Playboy Prince F: X0007B(9) W(58.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Kaye Taylor )We should see an improved run now.
RemarksPlenty of each-way value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 19.90Place1 9 $ 5.00Place2 5 $ 2.70Place3 10 $ 2.20Quinella 5:9 $ 96.00Trifecta 9:5:10 $ 1826.60First4 9:5:10:8 $ 4270.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BOOK NOW FOR BOYS DAY OUT AUGUST 10TH MAIDENTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Sepella F: 3X582B(8) W(56.5)( T- Richard Collett )Went close last start and should be fighting out the finish again. Punters won't be getting big odds but consider.Main Danger6 Kiwianna F: 350X9B(12) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )Needed the fresh up run and it could improve quickly. Solid money coming for it so include in win bets.Next Best13 Valmur F: 60X07B(11) W(56.5)( T- Patsy Riley )Likely to improve with racing under the belt. Conditions shouldn't be an issue and it could add some value.Include in Multis10 Llanberis F: 697B(9) W(56.5)( J- Alyssa Schwerin )( T- Annabelle Johnson )Has shown enough to warrant inclusion here. Drawn to get a nice drag into the race so consider.Longer Odds11 Our Star F: 97867B(1) W(56.5)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $2.80Could pay a nice price and boost payouts.
RemarksA couple of well-backed runners in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 32.50Place1 14 $ 5.80Place2 11 $ 2.80Place3 9 $ 7.10Quinella 11:14 $ 166.50Trifecta 14:11:9 $ 3003.10First4 14:11:9:6 $ 29037.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 10, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%